Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ah, Superman with a t-shirt and buzz cut. Just what we needed.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't even notice at first that he apparently just finished beating someone bloody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

June will bring new costumes for Superman and Wonder Woman

Batbunny still looks stupid

Superman looks too similar to 00s Kon. They should've kept the aspect from Future´s End.

So.......the current costume tweak is being scrapped?? Hmm well now his costume isn't segments and he has pants so it's a win I guess. I do like how the shield is pretty much an update to the old Superman cartoon serials. Are the June solicits still saying he has a new power set or depowered or something? And yeah he looks like Connor when he was his moodiest especially if he just punched someone/something into paste.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Holy Crap, I'm gonna pick June's Gotham Academy

GOTHAM ACADEMY #7
Written by BECKY CLOONAN and BRENDEN FLETCHER
Art by MINGJUE HELEN CHEN
Cover by BECKY CLOONAN
THE JOKER Variant cover by CRAIG ROUSSEAU
On sale JUNE 10 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Special guest student Damian Wayne drops by the academy, and he is not pleased to meet his new classmates!

redbackground posted:

It looks like something from FLCL.

That's the idea, I guess.

Montoya is finally showing up

DETECTIVE COMICS #41
Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL and
BRIAN BUCCELLATO
Art and cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
THE JOKER Variant cover by PATRICK GLEASON
On sale JUNE 10 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Following the events of “Endgame,” get ready to ride with the GCPD in a whole new city! Harvey Bullock is leading a Bat task force, but what are his duties, and can he be trusted? And what kind of welcome awaits his new partner, Renee Montoya?

Now I can buy the theories of Batbunny being Gordon.

GREEN LANTERN #41
Written by ROBERT VENDITTI
Art by BILLY TAN and MARK IRWIN
Cover by BILLY TAN
THE JOKER Variant cover by BEN OLIVER
On sale JUNE 3 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
“Renegade!” Beginning a new chapter in Hal Jordan’s life as he becomes the universe’s most wanted outlaw! And wait till you meet Hal’s new partner, Darlene. She’s definitely not what you’re expecting!

:cripes:

More solicits here and here

Worth noticing that Tim is missing from the TT cover, the Superboy depicted doesn't look like Kon and Bart is back.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Wonder Woman's new costume kicks rear end. I hope it sticks.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Worth noticing that Tim is missing from the TT cover, the Superboy depicted doesn't look like Kon and Bart is back.

Kon died in the second H'el thing, and was replaced by Superman's son from the future. It's bullshit.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WickedHate posted:

Kon died in the second H'el thing, and was replaced by Superman's son from the future. It's bullshit.

They brought him back on the final issue of Superboy and he was a recurrent character on Supergirl.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They brought him back on the final issue of Superboy and he was a recurrent character on Supergirl.

Oh, gently caress, I didn't know that. Awesome!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Jiro posted:

So.......the current costume tweak is being scrapped??
I think the idea is that he'll have the t-shirt for SM/WW and Action Comics and B/S (the latter two both written by Greg Pak) and he'll have his usual costume on Superman and Justice League. Wonder Woman isn't having her weird space suit for Justice League, but is for SM/WW and Wonder Woman. Seems to be in line with the general loosening of continuity.

Batbunny seems to be universal though, outside of Justice League and Justice League of America.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The hood is useless if you are just gonna glow green Hal!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So are all heroes or at least the big ones getting a street level reboot?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Mr. Maltose posted:

Anubis isn't the Egyptian Lord of the Dead. Why does everyone short shrift Osiris?

He's the protector of the dead, weigher of souls, and psychopomp! :eng101:

Orisis takes over the role in the Middle Kingdom period.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

June will bring new costumes for Superman and Wonder Woman

Batbunny still looks stupid

Superman looks too similar to 00s Kon. They should've kept the aspect from Future´s End.

Lose those arm spike things and I'm good with the new Wonder Woman costume. I can see a fair amount of people cosplaying it too.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Pak said something about how, at the last creative summit, all of the Superman writers talked out a general thread that will be followed for the next year across the super-books, even when they aren't directly crossing over. The timing of that "year" thing says to me, as usual, look for him to get back into the full suit right around the time Batman vs Superman comes out. And I'd place money that Bat-Bunny will be gone by then too. In the meantime, t-shirt Superman vs Bat-bunny sounds really interesting so I'm onboard for a bizarre short-term story.

I'm glad Bart is back with the Titans, it's clear that Wally isn't going to get to do poo poo for a long while at the glacial pace Venditti is moving, so they may as well put things back as they were. I might actually start picking up TT again, now that Kon's back too.

Also, the Harley Quinn cover ripping off We Are Robin made me laugh far more than it should've.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
I'm digging the poo poo out of this new Green Arrow costume. That new Wonder Woman costume just doesn't work for me at all, get rid of the pauldrons and the hilarious katars and it might be alright.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Flash is also getting a new costume

Between this and Tynion's comments about taking away Constantine's trenchcoat, I guess everyone will get a new design for June.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

It's hard to see the actual costume past Brett Booth's terrible loving art, but it looks alright far as I can tell. It certainly is a Flash costume.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Every other redesign was at least interesting and made some positive improvements, even if I didn't like it. Until that. What is even going on there.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It looks darker in parts and they changed the logo on his chest to the same as it is on the TV show.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I suppose the success of the Arrow show is responsible for comic-Ollie losing his beard and mustache.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I'm all for removing trenchcoats. Trenchcoats may have been common back in the 80s, but nobody in Britain today wears them except for Time Lords.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Baron Bifford posted:

I suppose the success of the Arrow show is responsible for comic-Ollie losing his beard and mustache.

I don't even think Arrow was running when the New 52 started and I'm pretty sure Ollie hasn't had that since then.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The domino mask is probably because that's what he has in the TV show, though. He's been rocking goggles mostly since the New 52. And yeah, the Flash design is obviously going for the TV look.

Also, heh, Maps and Damian make a cute couple.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There's also the fact that it's 2015 and the Van Dyke looks ridiculous now. Especially on a superhero.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Maybe it's just because I'm one of the few that cares about him at all nowadays, but my first thought was "Wonder Woman stole Azrael's gauntlets."

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

catlord posted:

Maybe it's just because I'm one of the few that cares about him at all nowadays, but my first thought was "Wonder Woman stole Azrael's gauntlets."

And Barda's top.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Deadpool posted:

There's also the fact that it's 2015 and the Van Dyke looks ridiculous now. Especially on a superhero.

The Van Dyke is timeless! Especially for Green Arrow.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Green Arrow should just go for the full beard, it's hip now.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Trast posted:

Lose those arm spike things and I'm good with the new Wonder Woman costume. I can see a fair amount of people cosplaying it too.

I imagine it will be quite popular given that it looks a lot like a recolored Lady Sif outfit frim the movies.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think I've well and fully lost any capacity to care about this sort of change. I can rationally deduce that the spiked gauntlet thing is "bad" looking, I just don't have any emotional response to it at all. It's just going to change again when the movie comes out, anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

You're a monster.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

I hate that Finch Wonder Woman costume almost as much as I love the new Fabok Wonder Woman. This look is the one they're using in Justice League, which I assume is the look they'll use any time she makes a guest appearance and will be the "default" look for merchandising and such.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Zachack posted:

I imagine it will be quite popular given that it looks a lot like a recolored Lady Sif outfit frim the movies.

Oh that's where I'd seen it before.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mimir posted:

Green Arrow should just go for the full beard, it's hip now.

Especially seeing that he lives in the Pacific Northwest. I imagine him cracking open a bottle of some fine craft beer, sipping away before he gets on his arrow fixed gear bike and peddles away.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Baron Bifford posted:

I'm all for removing trenchcoats. Trenchcoats may have been common back in the 80s, but nobody in Britain today wears them except for Time Lords.

Spoken truly like someone who hasn't been in any UK city in over a decade.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I can't wait for Damian in Gotham Academy :)

Bill Sienkiewicz cover for Gotham by Midnight. That looks a lot different than what I'd assume for Bill Sienkiewicz. Maybe I haven't seen anything of his from the last decade or two. Looks more like Andrea Sorrentino.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 13, 2015

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm sorry if this gets asked a lot, but what series have been worth reading since the relaunch? I just sort of lost interest in anything that wasn't Animal Man or Wonder Woman a few months after the new-52 started, but I wouldn't mind diving into DC again before all this Convergence/Divergence stuff.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

fadam posted:

I'm sorry if this gets asked a lot, but what series have been worth reading since the relaunch? I just sort of lost interest in anything that wasn't Animal Man or Wonder Woman a few months after the new-52 started, but I wouldn't mind diving into DC again before all this Convergence/Divergence stuff.

For me, Greg Pak's Action Comics (from 25) and Batman/Superman, Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow (from #17) and Justice League United/Canada, Charles Soule's Swamp Thing (from #19) and Red Lanterns (from #21), Nu-Batgirl (from #25) Gotham Academy, Grayson, Justice League 3000!, GI Zombie (really)

and most of all, Multiersity.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 13, 2015

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Huge huge ups to DeMattias' Phantom Stranger series. It's a perfect blend of supernatural occult, human drama, and the occasional twinge of gallows humor.

Don't let the Judas retcon scare you away, it's a fantastic book.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Flash is also getting a new costume

Between this and Tynion's comments about taking away Constantine's trenchcoat, I guess everyone will get a new design for June.

Don't know why they got rid of the white logo background. Barry's eyes shouldn't be closed off by his costume. I also do not get why there are a dozen lightning bolts tagged onto his suit. When you draw him in any comic he's literally always surrounded by lightning, you don't need to stitch that design into his costume and it's like final fantasy belts -- you're just strapping poo poo everywhere for no reason.

I don't know this poo poo is just so ugly. It's not like Flash looked good with Booth drawing it in the first place, though, so it's mostly just squeezing out another turd on the ever growing poo poo heap that The Flash has become since the creative team change. One of DC's worst books in every way.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

It looks like they just swapped the red and blue bits from Captain Carol Marvel to make Wonder Woman's new costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Heathen posted:

It looks like they just swapped the red and blue bits from Captain Carol Marvel to make Wonder Woman's new costume.

DC Comics: It looks like they just swapped the [randomly selected] bits from [successful Marvel thing] to make [lame rehash].

• Locked thread