Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm Mr. Morningstar, Governmental Statistics branch.

Which religion is the fastest growing, you say? Well, I have an answer for you, but I'm afraid I'll need you to sign something to have a look at our forms. Ignore that burning smell, haven't been able to get it out of the office since I started here. Oh, there's no need to read over my contract. No, no, there's no monetary cost. In fact, I can promise that as long as you're alive, we won't be taking any payment from you. Just a little signature, that's all I require.

If you could just skip over those paragraphs regarding New Hampshire lawyers or southern stringed instrument contests, I'd be much obliged. They just take such an awfully long time to read for mere trifles. Well now, thank you kindly for your John Hancock. I'll just be on my way for now, but I'll be seeing you soon. Real soon.

Wahahahahahahaha!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Enchanter Homnibus posted:

It is a hellish condition that the soul endures without God in the afterlife. The soul is without family, evil and has anger and hatred in it's heart. Through Jesus we can be with God and not suffer this condition.

John 14:9. Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

through Jesus, I can somehow escape the mortal coils of this forum, never to bear witness to another post again??

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Lovely Senorita posted:

through Jesus, I can somehow escape the mortal coils of this forum, never to bear witness to another post again??

Welcome to hell.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

If you say so, guy who cites a Christian website for his statistics. It's almost as if Pew and the US Census Buereu don't exist.

Well done Commie.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Lovely Senorita posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Here at Governmental Statistics, we know your deepest desires, and there is a hundred percent correlation between you signing one of our simple contracts and your achieving those desires.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Well done Commie.

No no, expecting someone who can't even spell pedophile correctly to be able to read statistics was a little much.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

No no, expecting someone who can't even spell pedophile correctly to be able to read statistics was a little much.

Teacher, you are back.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

CommieGIR posted:

Let not one's imagination deter one from the truth.

I like this thread.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Teacher, you are back.

I never left.

What is 73-78=? What sort of number comes out of that. And would you describe that as being an incline plane or decline plane.

Also: The Pew Forums doesn't come with a built in store where you can buy the King James Bible and Passion of the Christ.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
The Thread That Will Bring Down Armageddon.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

The Thread That Will Bring Down Armageddon.

Its about damned time.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

I never left.

What is 73-78=? What sort of number comes out of that. And would you describe that as being an incline plane or decline plane.

Also: The Pew Forums doesn't come with a built in store where you can buy the King James Bible and Passion of the Christ.

I was unaware that it was a Christian site. Even in a decline Christianity could be the fastest growing religion. It is certainly the largest with 2.2 billion people, one third of the world population.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I was unaware that it was a Christian site. Even in a decline Christianity could be the fastest growing religion. It is certainly the largest with 2.2 billion people, one third of the world population.

I'm sure that large number has nothing to do with people being born into it and converts of circumstance.

Either way, a majority in no way validates your religion as 'True', if we'd gone back 2000 years, Paganism would be the majority. Still wasn't True. Or go back even further, some other form of Paganism, still not True.

Appealing to numbers and saying "Look how quickly we're growing, look at us, we're the majority" does not suddenly make "Christianity = THE ONE TRUE RELIGION"

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

I'm sure that large number has nothing to do with people being born into it and converts of circumstance.

Either way, a majority in no way validates your religion as 'True', if we'd gone back 2000 years, Paganism would be the majority. Still wasn't True. Or go back even further, some other form of Paganism, still not True.

Appealing to numbers and saying "Look how quickly we're growing, look at us, we're the majority" does not suddenly make "Christianity = THE ONE TRUE RELIGION"

This is true. Although the Christian believing in salvation may rejoice.

Mark 16:15. And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

This is true. Although the Christian believing in salvation may rejoice.

Mark 16:15. And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature."

Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Mmmm, tell me more.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Mmmm, tell me more.

He was referring to a harlot (a female prostitute).

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015
Painting of Jesus.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Painting of Jesus.

racist

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Painting of Jesus.

A white guy from the Middle East? PFFFFFFFFffffttttt

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Jesus was born Jewish. It has nothing to do with racism.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Jesus was born Jewish. It has nothing to do with racism.

Jews from Jesus' time and place tended to look a little more like this:

I mean I'm sure there were some green-eyed, pointy nosed guys walking around but I think they were wearing helmets. On the other hand, one of them was probably Jesus' dad, so maybe you have a point after all.

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

CommieGIR posted:

A white guy from the Middle East? PFFFFFFFFffffttttt

I'm not going to speculate about the skin color of Jesus, but I'll just note that lots of Middle Eastern folks, such as Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, look pretty white to me...

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015
Most people have heard of N.D.E.'s (Near Death Experiences) claiming that their lives had flashed before their eyes or that they received a "life review". I have read of one account were these moments are seen in bubbles. And it was so overwhelming that Jesus had to hold the person up so their legs would not give in and collapse.

I believe that Jesus performed this life review through the Spirit of truth.

John 16:13. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears hears He will speak; He will tell you things to come.

And many N.D.E.'s report seeing a light at the end of a tunnel and some claim this light to be heaven.

Revelations 22:5. There shall be no night there: They need no lamps nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Most people have heard of N.D.E.'s (Near Death Experiences) claiming that their lives had flashed before their eyes or that they received a "life review". I have read of one account were these moments are seen in bubbles. And it was so overwhelming that Jesus had to hold the person up so their legs would not give in and collapse.

The amount of things that happen as your brain shuts down makes a hallucination all but a certainty. The idea that near death experiences are anything other than you getting to see the chemicals flowing through your synapses causing hallucinations is pretty much guarantee.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

SedanChair posted:

I mean I'm sure there were some green-eyed, pointy nosed guys walking around but I think they were wearing helmets. On the other hand, one of them was probably Jesus' dad, so maybe you have a point after all.

Saint Joseph would be considered His step dad by todays standards. Father God is His Father. He is God from God.

Enchanter Homnibus fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 13, 2015

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Why is your username Enchanter Homnibus? Enchanter, like a witch!?

Exodus 22:18. Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Jesus's birth is known as the Immaculate Conception. It was done through the Holy Spirit. Father God is His Father. He is God from God.

Uh, I thought the Immaculate Conception referred to Mary being conceived in her mother's womb free from original sin...

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Jesus's birth is known as the Immaculate Conception. It was done through the Holy Spirit. Father God is His Father. He is God from God.

The "holy spirit" was the semen of a swart, grizzled legionary who couldn't believe his luck. Look, this was revealed to me. I experienced a holy vision, which says it is true. Are you saying that my holy vision is less reliable than yours?

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007
Write, speak, avenge, for ancient sufferings feel

It was done through the Holy Spirit. Father God is His Father. He is God from God.
Do you always believe unwed teenagers when they say God impregnated them? I've always liked Celsus suggestion that Jesus' father was Pantera, a Roman solider.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

The amount of things that happen as your brain shuts down makes a hallucination all but a certainty. The idea that near death experiences are anything other than you getting to see the chemicals flowing through your synapses causing hallucinations is pretty much guarantee.

There is a scientific study done in the UK that "suggests consciousness and the mind may continue to exist after the brain has ceased to function and the body is clinically dead."

Sorry, I was unable to provide the link.

Many people including myself know that there is an afterlife.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Why is your username Enchanter Homnibus? Enchanter, like a witch!?

Exodus 22:18. Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

I just like the Smurfs. Enchanter Homnibus was a good wizard and a friend to Papa Smurf. He is merely a cartoon wizard and not real. Wizardry has no bearing on me.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Math Debater posted:

Uh, I thought the Immaculate Conception referred to Mary being conceived in her mother's womb free from original sin...

You are right. I stand corrected.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

SedanChair posted:

Are you saying that my holy vision is less reliable than yours?

I never said that anything on this thread was from a "holy vision."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

There is a scientific study done in the UK that "suggests consciousness and the mind may continue to exist after the brain has ceased to function and the body is clinically dead."

Exist FOR a time. Until your brain fully shutsdown.

Many people including myself know that there is an afterlife.

Conjecture is FUN!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

I never said that anything on this thread was from a "holy vision."

Wow, in that case I am replete with holy evidence that Mary got it on with a Roman soldier, whereas your own conception of light phenomena being evidence of an all-forgiving god seems baseless

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://www.yowiehunters.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=4955

Source your quotes

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

SedanChair posted:

IIRC the legion stationed in Judea at the appropriate time was recruited somewhere in North Africa, if anything that simulacrum may not be swarthy enough.

Kudaros
Jun 23, 2006
How about Vladimir Putin and the Orthodox Patriarch? What is their relationship with Jesus Christ or Muhammad (pbuh) or Buddha or whoever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Here is a photograph of the afterlife. It is of a spirit in one of God's very small chariots.

Man, up until this I thought you were actually serious and that we could have some fun here :(

Hahaha nice. Also, wait, is that guy actually serious though :stare:

• Locked thread