Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

RatHat posted:

We know 4 of the 6 remaining kings. The dragon whose tooth Komatsu's knife is made of, the Giant crow(same species as Coco's), the giant snake(same species as Sunny's), and the Battle Wolf(said to be the strongest, and same species as Toriko's).

Oh all the pets are kings too? I must have forgot. Well, that still leaves two possible spots for some sort of divine bovine king. :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

K. Flaps posted:

Oh all the pets are kings too? I must have forgot. Well, that still leaves two possible spots for some sort of divine bovine king. :pray:

They are younger members of that species, as explained with hercules, there are many phantom horse Heracs, but only one Hercules.

I predict kaka gets an asswhupping to remember.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Fabricated posted:

It turns out that it's literally the underworld. Komatsu will die and Toriko and friends will have to literally eat death itself to get him back.

Well it's a good thing one of Acacia's meals can revive the dead

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I hope the fight against the Snake King is just them running along it's back, like Goku ran the snake road in the afterlife.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Count me in for the camp that hopes Kaka gets stomped here. While this is probably the time to show how strong she is, you also have to consider that she was unwilling to come to the area with the Sandorikos and Bambina seems to feel no affects of the allergies.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Batmasterson posted:

Count me in for the camp that hopes Kaka gets stomped here. While this is probably the time to show how strong she is, you also have to consider that she was unwilling to come to the area with the Sandorikos and Bambina seems to feel no affects of the allergies.

Bambina has been crying the whole time, he would just rather dance instead of get out of there

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Aww...Bambina's lady friend is in the underworld. :(

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I don't understand, how / why did they manage to get to the underworld in the first place? It's not because his balls dropped, his balls dropped because they went there.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's going to get explained and be completely insane yet make perfect sense.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Terror Sweat posted:

Bambina has been crying the whole time, he would just rather dance instead of get out of there

Yes, I can see that. I meant that he is just tanking the effects no problem, where Kaka was scared to even get close to the area. But you are probably right, he just wants to dance.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Batmasterson posted:

Remember the regular old synthesized Sandoriko just made him sneeze up a dust storm.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RatHat posted:

We know 4 of the 6 remaining kings. The dragon whose tooth Komatsu's knife is made of, the Giant crow(same species as Coco's), the giant snake(same species as Sunny's), and the Battle Wolf(said to be the strongest, and same species as Toriko's).

The Battle Wolf was never stated to be the strongest. Though it is stronger then the Monkey King as they are the two 8 kings we know the capture level of. Bambina is 6000 and the Wolf king is 6090.

Anyway the Blue Nitro have been able to get pair in the past so I am presuming that Kaka will beat the monkey king. The reason Kaka likely went through all of this trouble was to get the 100% perfect pair rather then just forcibly take them from the monkey king.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the Blue Nitro ate my balls webring

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Anyway the Blue Nitro have been able to get pair in the past so I am presuming that Kaka will beat the monkey king.

Remember how the other blue nitro at the table refered to the sky garden nitro as "Pair" when he showed up to the discussion?

I'm sure all the blues were given a specific ingredient to study, and I figure he may show up and stomp the king after Kaka gets hers.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The 8 Kings are implied to be about equal in strength since they hold the equilibrium of power i the Gourmet World.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Which is weird when Daruma sage says that Bambina outclasses the Horse King.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I'm guessing it'd be like, Battle Wolf or Bambina could take a weaker King out 9 times out of 10, but they'd be seriously wounded and easy pickings for one of the remaining 6 after the battle.

Man, though. Bambina is so much more of a likeable character than Heracles, who Toriko-flaying aside was pretty boring.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Maybe Bambina out does the Horse King in physical strength while the Horse King can suck out the air and survive that.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Maybe he still references raw capture level, in that it's not necessarily representing raw strength, but rather overall difficulty in subduing it. See also: puffer whales

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
The horse king was really cool for its breath powers but in the end, she was just a pregnant mom. It's hard to go too crazy with that. I hope at the end of the manga, the Kings all end up befriending the gang and get either help out against the final Big Bad or get to join in the world's largest party banquet :3

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Rynder posted:

I don't understand, how / why did they manage to get to the underworld in the first place? It's not because his balls dropped, his balls dropped because they went there.

It happened the last time Toriko grabbed his nuts too. Probably has something to do with tree.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Reiche posted:

The horse king was really cool for its breath powers but in the end, she was just a pregnant mom. It's hard to go too crazy with that. I hope at the end of the manga, the Kings all end up befriending the gang and get either help out against the final Big Bad or get to join in the world's largest party banquet :3

Still put up more of a fight than the first battle wolf we saw

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

When they were doing the exposition for the 8 Kings iirc they did say they fought amongst each other but did not make real headway into each others territory due to similar strengths.

Like Mraagvipeine posted one King could edge out the other in some areas. I still think they would/should meet the Battle Wolf last, as a kind of milestone for Terry's sorta-not-really character arc, seeing as hes the only pet to get any sort of screentime beyond being an accessory/background object.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

Reiche posted:

I am 99% sure there will be a giant gently caress off fight at the end where all the good guys storm the Blue Nitro's homebase. And just as it seems poo poo is going to hit the fan, the 8 kings will show up to help because it totally looks like Toriko and co are helping out each in their times of need and befriend them. Also I bet all 8 have some ancient grief to pick with the nitros.

It's really the only way I see the good guys being able to take on the baddies, as there seem to be quite a few blue nitros for just the 4 heavenly kings to take on, not to mention the rest of the brainwashed scrubs.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

Maybe Bambina out does the Horse King in physical strength while the Horse King can suck out the air and survive that.

Bambina sleeps literally in the upper athmosphere, I don't think a little lack of air bothers him too much.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Guys I think Kaka is evil or something. She keeps getting uglier.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

MegaCharger posted:

I am 99% sure there will be a giant gently caress off fight at the end where all the good guys storm the Blue Nitro's homebase. And just as it seems poo poo is going to hit the fan, the 8 kings will show up to help because it totally looks like Toriko and co are helping out each in their times of need and befriend them. Also I bet all 8 have some ancient grief to pick with the nitros.

It's really the only way I see the good guys being able to take on the baddies, as there seem to be quite a few blue nitros for just the 4 heavenly kings to take on, not to mention the rest of the brainwashed scrubs.

They've bro'd it up with Heracles and Bambina so far, so they're 2 for 2.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Green Intern posted:

Guys I think Kaka is evil or something. She keeps getting uglier.

Counterpoint

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Shugojin posted:

They've bro'd it up with Heracles and Bambina so far, so they're 2 for 2.

I'm not sure why, but I almost feel like Terry, Kiss, and Quinn are going to succeed thier predescessors.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Seebach posted:

I'm not sure why, but I almost feel like Terry, Kiss, and Quinn are going to succeed thier predescessors.

No way, they have a few centuries to go to even start to be at that level.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

pentyne posted:

Yeah. Remember, you can still sit on one end of Quinn and still see the other. She's got quite a while to go.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I wouldn't be surprised if Snakeland is literally just the one Gourmet King Snake coiled in on itself, covering the entire terrain.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I want to see Bambina and the Four Kings dance fight and beat up Kaka.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

pentyne posted:

Until on of acacias menus speeds up time or some poo poo as a pet power up. I mean, if they want them to be useful they will have to get a big power up at some point.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Crunkjuice posted:

Until on of acacias menus speeds up time or some poo poo as a pet power up. I mean, if they want them to be useful they will have to get a big power up at some point.

The ingredient we just saw had the power to bring people from the underworld, I don't think it is too farfetched to think that one of them can gently caress around with time.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I thought Center was the one that brings people back to life.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Nahxela posted:

I want to see Bambina and the Four Kings dance fight and beat up Kaka.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
When they eat God will they become Om-nom-nipotent

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007