Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof
So, he has no filter because he's senile and the woman is abusing him? Nice.

Not to mention the kid sounds relieved that it's not him who's getting beaten up today.

TinFoilJoy posted:

(I’m waitressing at a small restaurant when a young mother with a toddler walks in accompanied by the mother’s grandfather. I seat them and they order. The grandfather orders the chicken fried steak which is soft enough that a knife isn’t necessary so one normally isn’t given with the meal. This happens as I drop off their plates.)

Grandfather: *looks at his plate then up at me angrily* “WHERE THE F*** IS MY KNIFE? HUH? HOW THE F*** AM I SUPPOSED TO EAT THIS—”

(Suddenly the mother slaps her hand onto the table hard enough that all the dishware jumps, the toddler yelps, and the grandfather is startled into silence.)

Toddler: “Uh oh. Mama MAD. Not me did it!”

Mother: *looks at the grandfather with a look of pure fury* “You do NOT speak to people that way! Do you understand? Now, I told you, if I’m going to take you out to eat then you WILL be on your best behavior. Now you will either apologize to this young lady or you can go sit in the car by yourself and be hungry. Everyone else in the family might be willing to put up with your attitude but not me! So you got two options: apologize or leave.”

Grandfather: *crosses his arms and sulks*

Mother: “Apologize or car. NOW.”

Grandfather: *sighs* I’m sorry for saying those things to you.”

Me: “Thank you for apologizing, sir. Now, that was a steak knife you needed?”

Grandfather: “Yes.”

Mother: *crosses her arms and raises her eyebrows at him*

Grandfather: *looking like he bit into a lemon* “Please.”

(The mother smiles and I turn my attention to her.)

Me: “And anything for you, ma’am?”

Mother: “More napkins, please.”

Me: “Okay! I’ll be right out with those.”

(The rest of the meal passes by in complete silence with the grandfather sulking the whole time. I drop off their check, the mother tucks it under her arm, drops a tip on the table, then turns around and helps her son put on his jacket. While her back is turned the grandfather quickly picks up the tip, stuffs it in his jacket pocket, and scurries out. Finishing with her child the mother leads him over to the counter and places the check on the counter. I’m struggling with myself on whether or not I should tell her about what her grandfather did.)

Mother: *watches me for a minute* “Well, you obviously want to say something so say it! I’m sorry for the way my grandpa acted. I’m working on teaching him manners. But, if you have something to say feel free to speak up. So long as it’s said respectfully I can listen.*

Me: “It’s… um… just that your… um, grandfather took the tip money while your back was turned.”

Mother: “HE WHAT?!”

(Leaving her son there the mother storms off back to the table, audibly gasps when she sees the lack of money, practically runs back to the register, scoops up her child, and leaves. Through the window I see her walk to the passenger side of the car, point to the grandfather, mouth the words ‘big trouble,’ and open the back-seat passenger door. The grandfather moves down in his seat a little bit, the mother calmly buckles her kid into the car, closes the door, then opens the grandfather’s door. I can’t hear what’s being said but it’s obvious that whatever she’s screaming has the grandfather shrinking in his seat until he is literally hiding his head in his jacket. The mother suddenly reaches forward, snatches something from him, slams the car door, and comes back inside.)

Mother: “The nerve of some people! My goodness! I am so so sorry for my grandfather’s antics. Thank you. though. for being honest. *I ring up her transaction* I was going to give you a bit for being so patient with him but I think you deserve a bit extra. As for him, well, he can stay home eating cold ham and cheeses sandwiches for a few days. We’ll see how well he likes that!”

(The mother tipped me generously then left. They did come in the following week but this time the grandfather was much better behaved!)

Marley Wants More has a new favorite as of 23:14 on Mar 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

TinFoilJoy posted:

Toddler: Uh oh. Mama MAD. Not me did it

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

All it needs is a little bit of casual racism and it's the perfect STDH.txt

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It's funny how you can definitely tell who the author self-insert is in every STDH. In that one, it is clearly a person who wants to be the ~good customer~ who cares about the waiting staff, so they made up this story where they totally put the terrible old person in their place while showing solidarity with the waiting staff, even allowing them to speak freely.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Zaphod42 posted:

Don't even know what to say to this.

The dialogue seriously sounds like a scene that didn't make it into Troll 2

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Marley Wants More posted:

So, he has no filter because he's senile and the woman is abusing him? Nice.

Not to mention the kid sounds relieved that it's not him who's getting beaten up today.

Yeah, I hope the self insert is supposed to be the waitress, because that mom comes off as a huge bitch and abusive.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I too was thinking "Not the mama!"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What kind of toddler says "not me did it." Toddlers aren't literally retarded.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ytlaya posted:

What kind of toddler says "not me did it." Toddlers aren't literally retarded.

Well the author only had his own case to extrapolate from so :shrug:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Toddler: MEAT GOOD, VEGETABLE BAD!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Does anyone else remember that dumb story from a few years back that was supposed to test if you're a psychopath?

Anyone cheering on the mom in that story actually would be a good test for who's a psychopath.

edit: Also, it really bugs me for some reason that the lack of a knife is the impetus for this stupid story. Even a lovely chicken fried steak requires a knife. What shithole restaurant prepares mushy chicken fried steak on purpose?

ibntumart has a new favorite as of 01:09 on Mar 13, 2015

TinFoilJoy
Oct 15, 2012

I forgot to mention that the wacky grandad story has 2500+ likes and is in the NAR hall of fame. Yes, there's a hall of fame, and it's as horrible as you'd expect.

For example, this is indistinguishable from the parodies people sometimes post in here:

nearly 6000 likes posted:

Just A (Cast The First) Stone’s Throw Away From A True Christian
Grocery Store | AL, USA | At The Checkout, Bigotry, Religion

(I live in the Bible belt of America, where homophobia is the norm. I’m a gay man and was outed by a previous coworker, so now I deal with two or three bigots per week. This takes place an early Sunday morning.)

Me: “Hello. Did you find everything today?”

Customer #1: *a bigot who frequents my lane just to insult me* “Everything except a good, god fearing cashier!”

Me: *scanning items and not paying attention* “Your total is $48.50, sir. Would you like to pay cash or credit?”

Customer #1: “You’re going to Hell, you know! You and all your godd***** f*****! Pick up a Bible and learn how to be a Christian!”

(He then proceeds to throw his credit card at me. I check him out while enduring his verbal abuse, as usual. Finally he’s gone to bag his groceries while the next customer comes up. He’s an elderly man, around 60, wearing a sweater and a large prominent cross. I fear the worst but he hands me a gift card.)

Customer #2: “Bless you, son. I’d like you to have this to make up for those of us who are less then their best.”

(Customer #1 has heard Customer #2 and starts yelling.)

Customer #1: “You’re going to Hell for supporting this f**! Learn how to be a good Christian!”

(Customer #2 removes his sweater to reveals he’s a priest. Customer #1’s eyes widen in shock.)

Customer #2: “Well, if I’m going to Hell I don’t believe there’s much hope for any of us now, is there?”

(He was the new pastor for the church and one of his first sermons was on spreading love instead of hate. I thank you, good sir, for reminding me what a real Christian is like.)

Only thing missing is the pastor officiating the cashier's wedding.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

What is under his sweater to show he's a priest? Is it sweet Jesus tats?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

TinFoilJoy posted:

For example, this is indistinguishable from the parodies people sometimes post in here:
(After Customer #1 storms out, Customer #2 peels off his face to reveal that he is Albert Einstein)

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

david... posted:

It's kind of hilarious picturing him having his vestments all stuffed up under the sweater and they come unfurling as he unzips it.

But the guy probably meant to suggest the guy was wearing one of these, particulars be damned

CrotchDropJeans
Jan 4, 2015
I thought only Catholic priests wore those? I live in the Bible Belt and Catholics aren't exactly beloved there.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

CrotchDropJeans posted:

I thought only Catholic priests wore those? I live in the Bible Belt and Catholics aren't exactly beloved there.

Episcopal priests wear them, too. But they'd probably be considered the wrong kind of Protestant by that bigot customer if he existed.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh god the title on that one is so bad. They could not decide what pun to go with do they awkwardly mashed 2 together.

Also I love the concept of Stealth Priest, cruising through the country to own bigots and extremists. :krad:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

It reads like it was written by someone who has never been to the South and is used to certain smallish New England towns where seeing Catholic and Episcopal priests around town wearing that white collar is not uncommon.

I grew up in Newport, RI and it wasn't terribly rare to run into a priest I knew at the grocery store.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

david... posted:

I just like to imagine he tore his sweater apart Hogan-style and just had on a white shirt with "I am a priest" on it in black letters, causing the bigot's jaw to drop literally to the floor.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Schizoaffective disorder depressive hype

Edit: I'm just stupid and totally thought my tiny phone font said hype.

cage-free egghead has a new favorite as of 14:35 on Mar 13, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wacky. Quirky, even.

CrotchDropJeans
Jan 4, 2015

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It reads like it was written by someone who has never been to the South and is used to certain smallish New England towns where seeing Catholic and Episcopal priests around town wearing that white collar is not uncommon.

I grew up in Newport, RI and it wasn't terribly rare to run into a priest I knew at the grocery store.

Yeah I grew up in the South and I've only ever seen priests in the wild here twice. One was at the movie theatre and one was riding a loving motorcycle.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

CrotchDropJeans posted:

Yeah I grew up in the South and I've only ever seen priests in the wild here twice. One was at the movie theatre and one was riding a loving motorcycle.

The priest in the STDH story should have been riding one, too. Right up to the checkout line, maybe with a deacon in a sidecar to deliver maximum burn.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

I think that person is getting schizoaffective disorder mixed up with dissociative identity disorder. A cursory search indicates they are known to hear voices, but it's not the type like the author suggests (using the term "six voices" suggests six unique identities or personalities having a conversation). But this person probably just self diagnosed like Tumblr said to, so it's all bullshit anyway, especially considering most people who are genuinely affected by such a mental illness would not consider it cool wacky or random, and not brag about it to anyone, least of all imgur.

Also how does one 'try' to feel someone up? You either grab someone's rear end/tits/dick, or you don't. How can you get caught 'trying' to feel someone up, without actually accomplishing your intent to feel them up? :confused:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
People try to feel you up by reaching at you, standing super close while you push them away or step away from them. It's not unbelievable that someone would try to feel someone else up at a bar.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

KiddieGrinder posted:

I think that person is getting schizoaffective disorder mixed up with dissociative identity disorder. A cursory search indicates they are known to hear voices, but it's not the type like the author suggests (using the term "six voices" suggests six unique identities or personalities having a conversation).

The primary diagnostic criteria for Dissociative Identity Disorder is Dissociation - as in, you are not having conversations with people inside your head but have different personas take control, often with complete memory loss of what occurred during the time when those personas were "out". Hearing multiple voices doesn't rule out schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder in the slightest - many schizophrenic people have repeated and consistent hallucinations, including external entities (people, aliens, etc.) that they can "identify" or even believe they are conversing with.

I'm not trying to be mean, but you have the two conditions literally backwards.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

I'm not trying to be mean, but you have the two conditions literally backwards.

Fair enough. :eng101:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Also there is scientific consensus that schizophrenia is an actual condition that exists and not just made up bullshit. There's no such consensus with Dissociative Identity Disorder, so mentioning that in and of itself puts the story in the probably bullshit category. Add in the fact that the author knows jack poo poo about the condition that they totally have you guys and the classic STDH setup and its safe to say it belongs in this thread..

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

poo poo That Was Self-Diagnosed Using Wikipedia (And Also Didn't Happen)

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

from the tumblr thread

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

TinFoilJoy posted:

I forgot to mention that the wacky grandad story has 2500+ likes and is in the NAR hall of fame. Yes, there's a hall of fame, and it's as horrible as you'd expect.

Only thing missing is the pastor officiating the cashier's wedding.

I don't picture sweaters as hoodies or jackets. I hear sweater and I think big fuzzy pullover. So I like my version of this where the first customer is yelling at the second and the second just starts taking his clothes off in response.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Paladinus posted:

Wacky. Quirky, even.

A personality quirk is still a personality, right?

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

What is fp? I thought the meme was just some dumb joke but if the person is trying to play it off as a real thing that really happened, what were they reaching for? Do they carry a weapon? Pepper spray? It would have been kind of funny if they just pulled out gum or something.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

jodai posted:

What is fp? I thought the meme was just some dumb joke but if the person is trying to play it off as a real thing that really happened, what were they reaching for? Do they carry a weapon? Pepper spray? It would have been kind of funny if they just pulled out gum or something.

FP means front page.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
"An email went out this morning declaring "free cookies in the lounge." This is what was there when I arrived."

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

KiddieGrinder posted:

Also how does one 'try' to feel someone up? You either grab someone's rear end/tits/dick, or you don't. How can you get caught 'trying' to feel someone up, without actually accomplishing your intent to feel them up? :confused:

I was going to say something super sarcastic, but maybe your reflexes are terrible and you don't see people's hands coming at you in time to deflect them before they actually connect with you? Trying to feel someone up is like trying to hit them; if you get blocked, it's still clear what you were doing.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

axolotl farmer posted:

from the tumblr thread

There's another Tumblr thread? Is it in gbs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

AlbieQuirky posted:

I was going to say something super sarcastic, but maybe your reflexes are terrible and you don't see people's hands coming at you in time to deflect them before they actually connect with you? Trying to feel someone up is like trying to hit them; if you get blocked, it's still clear what you were doing.

So a bunch of girls standing or sitting around the bar, laughing with each other and having a great time, when one of them suddenly spidey-senses a guy's hand dangerously close to her rear end, and a proximity warning goes off in her head, and she whips around and karate chops him away, assuming a defensive posture to block any further attacks?

What the gently caress? Is this seriously what happens? I've never felt anyone up before in a bar or any public place, and I've never been the victim of being felt up, so I might be ignorant of the whole thing.

The scenario you describe sounds like two people standing facing each other at arms length, and one slowly starts to reach their arm out like a loving zombie, giving the victim time to ask "what are you doing?", "do not proceed on your current course of action", "you've been warned, next step is to physically disable your progress" then BLOCK, PARRY, LUNGE! Sounds like some autistic person's idea of 'being felt up' when they've never been in any social situation in their whole life.

edit: not that I'm accusing you of suffering from autism, but it just sounds odd. Traditionally, (or so I thought at least), the action of 'feeling up' a person is a one shot grab at their legs/tits/dick/rear end/etc. Some may want to attempt more times because they're extra sick and depraved, but usually it's a one shot deal. And that's incredibly hard to anticipate when someone may come up and grab your rear end or what have you, unless you're on your guard at all times. And in a place like a bar, where the victim may also have had a few drinks, that seems pretty unlikely.

KiddieGrinder has a new favorite as of 12:25 on Mar 14, 2015

• Locked thread