Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
yeh I am what the christing at that post too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
imo this is a good strategy for any gamer with nagging friends, girlfriends, etc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg-TqEFYcfM

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Hey if you're reading this, I hope you're enjoying scrubbing through my post history, and yes I truly am the funniest poster in Games. Enjoy my posts and remember, stay away from anime!

gay skull fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 25, 2015

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I haven't kept up with Bloodborne, is it basically going to be Dark Souls: In London? Because that sounds pretty dope.

But if i'm going to get a console, i'd have to get the best console of this generation, which is the Wii U.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

gay skull posted:

Animal crossing is a mix between Seinfeld and Hoarders, you just kinda bullshit around and collect things and that's that

Now I think Harvest Moon is the Seinfeld of games, technically you're supposed to be industriously farming but iirc there's nothing at least in the SNES game that keeps you from being a slovenly idiot who doesn't grow a thing and just goes into town and hangs out at the cafe

Nasgate posted:

I haven't kept up with Bloodborne, is it basically going to be Dark Souls: In London? Because that sounds pretty dope.

Yeah p much, Victorian Souls with guns and art direction based on gothic horror

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Nasgate posted:

But if i'm going to get a console, i'd have to get the best console of this generation, which is the Wii U.

It is Dark Souls with turbo speed and telling people that shield users should go gently caress themselves. Your only defense is to dodge and parry with a gun.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Now I think Harvest Moon is the Seinfeld of games, technically you're supposed to be industriously farming but iirc there's nothing at least in the SNES game that keeps you from being a slovenly idiot who doesn't grow a thing and just goes into town and hangs out at the cafe

Get all the women up to a yellow heart and then dump them for the tiniest reasons

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i am ready for the HM babes.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTPTYn01_h8

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
good pics guys

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Seinfeld and Video Games is the ultimate combination

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
He who controls the officially-licensed prima guide controls.... information :twisted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Devil Wears Wings posted:

ah yes, the finer things in life, like my precious grimdark melee combat dying simulator

for you see [dons fedora] only the purest of purestrain gamers can appreciate such fine ambrosia
*tries really hard to think about bad things abouit this game*

it has, uh, combat, haha. and you can die. you can die, in combat hahaha. what a lovely game , for losers.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCWDPTwflxw

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Invites went out today for the closed beta of World of Warships. It's mighty fun. (Will edit this, maybe, once I review what I can say without breaking nda)

The pacing is totally different than WoT due to the maneuverability (or lack thereof) of the ships and the presence of multiple turrets; it's less about "hide in a bush and alpha people" and more about setting up effective broadsides.

Also, gently caress torpedoes.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

What the gently caress is wrong with her.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Golden Goat posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with her.

She has downs.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Weird but true: Kuja from Final Fantasy 9 has the same basic motivation as Cowboy Dan from the Modest Mouse song "Cowboy Dan."

Equally true: Modest Mouse's 3rd Planet references Garland's airship, the Invincible, an "eye in the sky that can't be stopped."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's also a little known fact that Pink Floyd's hit 1972 album "The Dark Side of the Moon" is actually a reference to the cloud of monsters present on Final Fantasy VII's monster moon.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I've heard that if you sync up Dark Side of the Moon with your playthrough of any FF game after 7, the music perfectly reflects your disappointment at playing a bad video game.

edit: FF13 excluded of course because it's hard to find a 500 hour version for use in MMOs.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Syd Barrett's visit during the Wish You Were Here sessions, in which he had shaved off all of his hair and eyebrows, and become fat, and didn't say anything, but just stared at everyone for awhile and then suddenly disappeared, also had a gaming reference. Just before leaving, he drifted by Roger Waters as they were recording and whispered, just loud enough for Roger to hear, "You cannot grasp the true form of Syd Barrett's music." Waters would later cite the incident as part of why his disturbed brain made him make seven albums about his father dying.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
*opens steam, see's another sale, opens wallet and then realises its ubisoft games and puts that wallet right back in pocket*

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

"Ubisoft Weekend" lol

but Anno 2070, Might and Magic X, and Game of the Decade Rayman Legends are all for sale at least

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It's also pretty cool how 75% of the sale screen is taken up by trash DLC. Buy some resources for AssCreed IV for $1 and you can save yourself from having to actually play the game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I sometimes wonder if AC4 would be worth playing and then I remember I was not dropped on my head as a child. Pirates are fun though and I've played Sid Meier's to death.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Please don't buy Ubisoft games.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I feel like playing the boat parts of Black Flag and then putting it down is worthwhile. That's something I can't say about the other games I've played in that series. Worth a Gamefly slot for a week, definitely.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Even the boat parts aren't that great, and you have to do a lot of not boat stuff to get there. At best, the boat parts are like a really bad and shallow version of Pirates! which you can play instead.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's only like Pirates! thematically, the gameplay is totally dissimilar

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

why don't people realize steam is a massive scam, oh boy another sale, can't wait to put 20 more games on my list of poo poo I'll Probably Never Even Install

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Oh no, I bought another 50 games for $5, how will I afford my McD's value meal now?!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Excels posted:

why don't people realize steam is a massive scam, oh boy another sale, can't wait to put 20 more games on my list of poo poo I'll Probably Never Even Install

What part is the scam :confused:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
p sure he meant video games are a scam and steam is getting us hooked like schoolchildren

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I really like Far Cry 4 a lot but I wish it wasn't published by Ubisoft.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
the only people getting scammed are the publishers, by me, when i give them only 5% of the full price for their games when I buy them on sale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I bought a collection of the Myst games when they were all on sale and I played every one. It's only a scam like display window sales are a scam, in that if you are not a compulsive shopper, you only buy the things you will use, for a lower price.

• Locked thread