Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, Night Thrasher!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

PicklePants posted:

There's a small 90's series that was Round Robin: Sidekick's Revenge that had Spidey, Moon Knight, Punisher, Night Thrasher, Nova and Darkhawk.

It also had Thunderball working with the Secret Empire and their minion, a cyborg rebuilt from Moon Knight's dead partner.

For some reason I was a real fanboy of Darkhawk as a kid. A sad, sad kid.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hiddenriverninja posted:

I liked every single of one of those characters as a kid. And still do today.

Lunatic Pathos
May 16, 2004

I shouldn't tell you this but you're the only one I can trust...
Doesn't Ant-Man still have full sized man strength, though?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

zoux posted:

Ant-man #3

I really really like villains for whom it's just business, not AAGGH YOU'VE RUINED MY LIFE, ADJECTIVE-MAN! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU, EVER!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

hiddenriverninja posted:

God, why do I think Darkhawk was so cool? Most of his actual comics run was getting his rear end kicked, the very first comic of his I read was the one where Venom played dead because he felt SORRY for Darkhawk (who was dying at the time, because loving TOMBSTONE yanked out his plot crystal) :allears: Dramatic battles included Darkhawk taking off his helmet to gross people out with how hideous his off panel bioandroid head was, and also failing when another Darkhawk body guy did the same to him :downs:

But damnit, I still like him. Even though I think he's dead because of Battle Royal ripoff or whatever I didn't really keep track of his appearances after his old series ended with him getting his life back together and not being ALL ANGRY ALL THE TIME.

Hmm, maybe him and Raiden should compare notes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dillbag posted:

That's it, except this is the cover I was thinking about :

So 90's :krad:

All that's missing is Solo jumping through a window firing a machine gun, yelling, "WHILE I LIVE TERROR DIES!"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Section Z posted:

God, why do I think Darkhawk was so cool? Most of his actual comics run was getting his rear end kicked, the very first comic of his I read was the one where Venom played dead because he felt SORRY for Darkhawk (who was dying at the time, because loving TOMBSTONE yanked out his plot crystal) :allears: Dramatic battles included Darkhawk taking off his helmet to gross people out with how hideous his off panel bioandroid head was, and also failing when another Darkhawk body guy did the same to him :downs:

But damnit, I still like him. Even though I think he's dead because of Battle Royal ripoff or whatever I didn't really keep track of his appearances after his old series ended with him getting his life back together and not being ALL ANGRY ALL THE TIME.

Hmm, maybe him and Raiden should compare notes.

Wasn't there a Darkhawk mini somewhere in the vicinity of the Abnett-Lanning cosmic stuff? I remember liking it quite a bit. He's not a terrible character.

Then again, my favorite character is Dr. Strange, so what do I know? :v:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

AnonSpore posted:

I really really like villains for whom it's just business, not AAGGH YOU'VE RUINED MY LIFE, ADJECTIVE-MAN! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU, EVER!

Who's like that besides Taskmaster?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Darkhawk is one of the those characters that could be really good because there's a neat mythology to play with but nobody ever does anything with him and it's sad.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Speaking of doctors, I think it was in the last thread and don't remember seeing it here- Who was that one Dr. McNinja lookin' dude who got a sentient psychic starfish glued to his head and started yelling at Cyclops while it was whispering what he was thinking to anyone in earshot?

zoux posted:

I'd also like to know this, I too enjoy the strictly-business villains.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Deadpool posted:

Darkhawk is one of the those characters that could be really good because there's a neat mythology to play with but nobody ever does anything with him and it's sad.

Hopeless did :twisted:

zoux fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 13, 2015

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Speaking of doctors, I think it was in the last thread and don't remember seeing it here- Who was that one Dr. McNinja lookin' dude who got a sentient psychic starfish glued to his head and started yelling at Cyclops while it was whispering what he was thinking to anyone in earshot?

Dr Nemesis?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Doctor Nemesis, and it was from an X-Club mini.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Is Doctor Nemesis supposed to parody Warren Ellis dialogue? That's the impression I've got.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

prefect posted:

He's in X-force currently, right? I wish we got more of him. Him, Fantomex, Rockslide and a few others would be a great X team.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

prefect posted:

Yesss, that's him! Kinda wish the starfish had stuck around

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Is Doctor Nemesis supposed to parody Warren Ellis dialogue? That's the impression I've got.

I think he's straddling the line between parody and homage.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Kharmakazy posted:

He was wise talking on the kids show too.. but more like how Kelsey Grammer would talk wise. He'd like.. quote Shakespeare at you about how you done hosed up.

That must've gotten lost in translation then.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Wasn't that basically the setup of Spectacular Foes of Spider-Man? Enforcers and Wrecking Crew are pretty much all business Criminals.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Section Z posted:

No, he lived through that.

In fact, it went to lengths to ensure he returned to his existing status quo - hospitalised until someone remembers he exists.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

zoux posted:

Paste Pot Pete

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Paste Pot Pete

Stilt-Man.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LoonShia posted:

Stilt-Man.

Lady Stilt-Man.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Me too.

But, I've always like the, "Kid turning into a superhero." From Shazam! to Darkhawk.. well, okay, maybe not Prime.

I did like how he was kind of struggling with it, in The Runaways and part of a support group.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dillbag posted:

That's it, except this is the cover I was thinking about :

So 90's :krad:

I vaguely recall this storyline, didn't it have a bizarre interlude where all the heroes go home to "relax" for a few hours, which involves their half-naked wives/girlfriends giving them massages and telling them how wonderful they are?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Deadpool when he's not hero-ing?

Bullseye does regular hits when he's not being a loving psycho doesn't he?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I vaguely recall this storyline, didn't it have a bizarre interlude where all the heroes go home to "relax" for a few hours, which involves their half-naked wives/girlfriends giving them massages and telling them how wonderful they are?

That might be worth it if the punchline is a panel of Frank Castle just sitting in front of his gun, scowling.

Mojave
Jun 1, 2006
Leave, and never darken my towels again

zoux posted:

Constrictor? Is he dead?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Mojave posted:

Constrictor? Is he dead?

Titania was like that too, right?

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
I've always liked Darkhawk, too. I remember he had a nemesis/ally named Portal. Portal was a mutant that could teleport, and he wore armor that was really similar to Darkhawk, except it was green.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

zoux posted:

Nu-Lobo

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jerusalem posted:

But none of them were married! :downsrim:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

Mr. Fish.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

zoux posted:

Captain Cold's kinda like that in some recent issues. Like more, "Nothing personal Flash, just doin' a job here." vs "I must destroy the Flash!"

A funny panel! PG, WW, and Cass have just beaten Egg Fu in WW #600.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

prefect posted:

I think he's still mad at DD for this.

I'd like to once again state that this is the real reason Black Cat went full crazy now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Captain Cold's kinda like that in some recent issues. Like more, "Nothing personal Flash, just doin' a job here." vs "I must destroy the Flash!"

A funny panel! PG, WW, and Cass have just beaten Egg Fu in WW #600.

Is that the same issue that has the massive team-up and Batwoman's psyching herself up to ask Diana out?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Gaz-L posted:

Is that the same issue that has the massive team-up and Batwoman's psyching herself up to ask Diana out?

Yep! (Assuming you mean this panel)

Love that issue.

edit: always liked this part of the WW/PG story, too.

When my cat gets wet food as a treat I still call it "happy eating trapped by shiny round thing".

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 13, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
My second comic with Darkhawk I ever read was one of the few I've bought back then, at the local drug store. (it was to be continued in the new warriors :downs:)

Hanging out with the new warriors, OH NO DARKHAWK CAN'T EAT PIZZA! Dare he change to his secret identity to eat pizza!?

John Yossarian posted:

I've always liked Darkhawk, too. I remember he had a nemesis/ally named Portal. Portal was a mutant that could teleport, and he wore armor that was really similar to Darkhawk, except it was green.

Which is pretty badass considering that's like skinning a terminator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Yep! (Assuming you mean this panel)

Love that issue.

I'm sure there's a panel earlier where Kate's whispering to herself something like, "Don't overthink it, just be cool, she's a person, just smile, and ask her!"