Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oh poo poo, Arlo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Ghost Arlo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:dogbutton:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Well that was unexpected

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Wynn loves his guac

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

tomapot posted:

I know some have not liked this season, but I'm digging it. The story is coming together and the dialog is as good as ever.

I've been lukewarm on the front half of this season outside of a few things(mainly ChooChoo), but tonight was a great fuckin episode and I hope the remainder of this final season lives up to it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I want a prequel spinoff with Wynn and Mikey.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Goddamn, what a great episode! Raylan was hittin' the bottle pretty drat hard, too. Been a long time since Raylan has tipped this far over the line - very fitting for an appearance from Arlo.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
How come noone down here is named Steve, or Justin?

You had enough?

--
Holy poo poo, did not see that coming. I thought walker would be good for a good couple more episodes yet.

Some things that stuck with me:

Not a man to trifle with

That is alot of money

Fire in the hole

I'll take what's behind door number 2, alex.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I absolutely loved Garret Dillahunt in this, his character kicked rear end.

Love all the tie ins they're doing, bringing the ghost of Arlo back was rad. Curious what else is in that shed but gently caress if I'm going in there when its dark. Where did that other door go?

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
In one of the shots it sort of looked like the door was simply lying against the wall, like that was Arlo's secret spare door stash. That's not very interesting though. Given that its only one room the way they shot that place was disorientating.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
When he opened it I thought that rope was a noose and it was gonna have a few guys strung up!

Raylan was just on fire that episode. Its kinda hard to see Boyd getting out a head of Raylan at this point the only thing he doesn't know is when they are gonna do it.

So kinda confused was Raylan seeing the tremour in the water bottle of them testing out a small explosion?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ally_1986 posted:

So kinda confused was Raylan seeing the tremour in the water bottle of them testing out a small explosion?

Yea, he figured out how they are going to get to the vault.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I really hope there's something interesting hidden in Arlo's secret treasure shack, though it was nice to see him put in one last appearance.

Boyd is definitely doomed (in case that wasn't obvious), but I'm curious how they'll resolve Raylan's story. My guess is that he ends up seriously injured (losing his gun-hand seems poetic) and takes an early retirement or training position with the Marshalls in Florida.

Given what we've seen of the character, it's hard to imagine him riding off into the sunset.

Also, i felt like the actors behind both Raylan and Boyd were winking at the audience when they talked outside Boyd's house. Raylan talking about how part of him will miss this once it's gone, Boyd acting like Raylan has the hots for him.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pikehead posted:

That is alot of money

A gif of this would be awesome.

quote:

Fire in the hole

He looks so happy :neckbeard:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
This episode was pretty good and touched a lot of sentiment from the death of Walker to ghost Arlo.

NowonSA posted:

I really hope there's something interesting hidden in Arlo's secret treasure shack, though it was nice to see him put in one last appearance.

Boyd is definitely doomed (in case that wasn't obvious), but I'm curious how they'll resolve Raylan's story. My guess is that he ends up seriously injured (losing his gun-hand seems poetic) and takes an early retirement or training position with the Marshalls in Florida.

Given what we've seen of the character, it's hard to imagine him riding off into the sunset.

Also, i felt like the actors behind both Raylan and Boyd were winking at the audience when they talked outside Boyd's house. Raylan talking about how part of him will miss this once it's gone, Boyd acting like Raylan has the hots for him.

I liked that Arlo didn't have a secret stash of gold in his shed, he had a box of memories and a place for him to get away from everything. It's a shame this show is ending but I think all the stories have been played out.

I thought Boyd would survive at the end but I think they telegraphed his death pretty hard in this episode and Ava's death in the previous one. Boyd is never going to be satisfied with what he has and he has no more plays left. I think we're going to see him sacrifice Ava and his men to break into the vault only to find Raylan waiting for him at the end of that tunnel. They talk, Boyd pulls a gun and Raylan shoots him. It was justified.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kegslayer posted:

I liked that Arlo didn't have a secret stash of gold in his shed, he had a box of memories and a place for him to get away from everything. It's a shame this show is ending but I think all the stories have been played out.

All the gold is behind the second door. All the chained up sex slaves too.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm wondering something. It's been established that the safe is drat near impossible to get into. I remember The Wiz saying something it could survive an A bomb before he vaporized himself. My question is, once Boyd and Co blow the floor under it, what good is that going to do? He's then going to have several tons of collapsed iron and steel on top of the money - if it even collapses structurally. And if it doesn't, then he still can't get the thing open to begin with.

So - how does he plan on getting the money out?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It is unlikely that the safe is sitting directly on rock, they are in a valley bottom so there is probably some soil underlying the building. They are currently drilling & blasting through rock kind of far away still or else the blasting would be a lot more obvious there in the basement. You would have to go to hand excavation once you get out of rock beneath the safe, and it is possible to keep the walls of your tunnel supported enough that the safe doesn't fall in on you.

On the other hand, the chances that a map of a long-abandoned coal mine is accurate enough to allow you to tunnel up underneath a safe with any kind of precision are about zero, so who knows what they are actually planning on doing. I was halfway expecting them to come up through the middle of the basement floor while everyone was down there.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Theres really nothing saying that their entire scheme wasn't bound to fail anyway. I forsee them blowing up the barber shop next door or whatever..at best.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah I would classify it as a success if they come up in the basement of the right building.

edit: From a tunnel planning, design, and construction point of view anyway.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I wonder what's up with Boyd's other shitkicker henchman who was down in the mine with Lawnmower Man. His mean mugging was a big ol neon sign the whole time.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

comes along bort posted:

I wonder what's up with Boyd's other shitkicker henchman who was down in the mine with Lawnmower Man. His mean mugging was a big ol neon sign the whole time.

He was pissed off Boyd wasn't upset about the dead guy.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

comes along bort posted:

Basically it was telegraphing that he's not happy that Boyd could give two poops about the guy that fell in the hole. Remember Raylan's line about planting (or was it sowing) the seeds of distrust in a garden of assholes?

They are beginning to sprout

Tide fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 12, 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Yeah guys I'm obviously aware of why he had a puss on his face. I'm saying I wonder when and how that'll play out.

e: Speaking of, things are obviously coming to a head, but there's still like five episodes left. I hope they don't pad it out like they did last season.

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 12, 2015

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.
"A hell of a place to make your fortune."

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

comes along bort posted:

Yeah guys I'm obviously aware of why he had a puss on his face. I'm saying I wonder when and how that'll play out.

e: Speaking of, things are obviously coming to a head, but there's still like five episodes left. I hope they don't pad it out like they did last season.

There's several storylines to resolve:
Raylan vs Boyd
Boyd vs Markham/getting the vault
Who is the snitch and how does that play out between Hale and Markham?
What happens to Wynn?
Who makes it out of Harlan alive?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tide posted:

There's several storylines to resolve:
Raylan vs Boyd
Boyd vs Markham/getting the vault
Who is the snitch and how does that play out between Hale and Markham?
What happens to Wynn?
Who makes it out of Harlan alive?

Wynn and Mikey better not die :mad:

Final scene should be Wynn tanning on a beach somewhere with Mikey playing tennis in the background.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Tide posted:

I'm wondering something. It's been established that the safe is drat near impossible to get into. I remember The Wiz saying something it could survive an A bomb before he vaporized himself.

Boyd also said he'd personally seen that exact model safe take a tank round dead on in Kuwait and barely look damaged.

10 Beers posted:

He was pissed off Boyd wasn't upset about the dead guy.

And figures he's next to go down the mine shaft, metaphorically speaking.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Mar 12, 2015

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Wynn and Mikey better not die :mad:

Final scene should be Wynn tanning on a beach somewhere with Mikey playing doubles in the background.

fixed that!

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Bourbon Watch: What kind of bourbon was Katherine drinking when Art came by?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Look Sir Droids posted:

Eagle Rare.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
I keep remembering that the police have video footage (that I'm assuming was recorded) of Wynn and Mikey torturing someone.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Eagle Rare. It's really delicious, and fairly cost efficient. About $30 a bottle here.

E: goddammit, beaten like Zachariah.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I wonder if the Hale/Grady/Markham/Poole(?) snitch triangle is going to somehow reflect the Ava/Raylan/Boyd one. They've certainly made a big deal about the former, though I guess that could be a red herring.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
I dunno, but there has to be something because those scenes would be so loving dull if not for the awesome acting of those involved.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I expect all the bad guys will end up in police custody, dead, or with a fate worse than death by the end of the series. Wynn's mostly been the second-hand guy working with others, but we've seen him participate in some heinous stuff so I think many people will want to see him get his comeuppance.

My pet theory though is that Wynn is the rat, and has just been playing Avery and Markham against one another. One of them, probably Avery, will find it out conclusively and then Wynn is getting his patented horrific Justified death.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

smidgeonnn posted:

"A hell of a place to make your fortune."

I appreciated that.

Kinda leaning towards the "you'll never leave Harlan alive" theory regarding the ending. Raylan has been too much of a douche to get away with a bullet in the shoulder or whatever.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

NowonSA posted:

My pet theory though is that Wynn is the rat, and has just been playing Avery and Markham against one another. One of them, probably Avery, will find it out conclusively and then Wynn is getting his patented horrific Justified death.

Not a bad idea, really. But what is Duffy's motivation for doing so? Self preservation or something bigger? Markham's money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
This season made the love interest from Back to the Future 3 into the Cersei Lannister of Kentucky, just full of meanness and spite and bitterness, and for that alone it is on the top shelf of tv series.

• Locked thread