Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

:siren:UPDATE:siren:

Video 10 - Neighbors, Nerds, and Traffic Wizards [YouTube]

Running around dressed like a lady cop and trying to help idiots be less idiotic.

This was pretty much the Twisted Metal episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Nick knows the city is going to be firebombed right?

Shouldn't he be trying to warn people?

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

paragon1 posted:

Nick knows the city is going to be firebombed right?

Shouldn't he be trying to warn people?

Yeah, this game treats the survivor thing a little differently. In the other games the protagonists were very active in rescuing people and bringing them to a saferoom with the intent of them being rescued. In this game, Nick will help people and bring them to a saferoom sometimes, but that's where his involvement ends. There is no larger plan to rescue people.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Aw and here I was envisioning some mad dash attempt to drive a bus through the chaos of the city to pick people up from every safehouse before the bombs dropped. He might as well be leaving them to the zombies at this rate.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I was under the impression that anyone who'd care enough to find out and be able to would have already known by now.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Kenny's a highly accurate depiction of the average gamer in a Zombie Apocalypse, thinks his hot poo poo, but pisses his pants almost instantly when the dead rise, I include myself in this group too. :smith:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I like the recurring theme of taking two perfectly good vehicles and turning them into a single crappier one.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

QwertySanchez posted:

I like the recurring theme of taking two perfectly good vehicles and turning them into a single crappier one.

I dunno, shooting clouds of acid seems like it'd be pretty handy.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I knoooow, I just meant how the new vehicles are all really janky looking, the two cars even have 'junk' in the name. I'm honestly surprised that the junk truck didn't end up being like a teeny smart car pick up trick thingy.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

QwertySanchez posted:

I knoooow, I just meant how the new vehicles are all really janky looking, the two cars even have 'junk' in the name. I'm honestly surprised that the junk truck didn't end up being like a teeny smart car pick up trick thingy.

Haha yeah the combo vehicles have the same aesthetic as the combo weapons in that they're supposed to look cobbled together. It goes double for the Junk vehicles. Still, pretty much every combo vehicle has some offensive capability and more durability than the regular vehicles.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Thank goodness you went back and got that scroll, you a good man Killbot.

I keep debating getting this but steam refuses to discount it enough. Ech. Is it easier to 100% than the earlier two games? (That loving Poker Game in 2, ugghhh)

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Thank goodness you went back and got that scroll, you a good man Killbot.

I keep debating getting this but steam refuses to discount it enough. Ech. Is it easier to 100% than the earlier two games? (That loving Poker Game in 2, ugghhh)

If you were trying to have all survivors recorded in the log for the achievement then the Poker Assholes could screw you up due to the 8 survivor limit imposed on the game world, my solution was always to just kill them since they are still recorded in the log even when dead. :v:

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Is it easier to 100% than the earlier two games? (That loving Poker Game in 2, ugghhh)

It's absolutely easier to do everything in this game. I think I mentioned it in early on, but there are no hidden missions or survivors. The closest thing would be like that one survivor who would stab herself if you don't stop her. But every side mission is given to you by phone call, and they're only given 2 or 3 at a time, and you never really have to worry about running out of time in the main story. So much easier.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

QwertySanchez posted:

Cmon he's welding for what, like 10 seconds max? I'm amazed they work at all.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
True, he's got passion and an infinite supply of welding rods and duct tape. :mexico:

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
Steam has the PC versions of Dead Rising on sale, in case anyone's interested. Was thinking about picking up DR2, is it any good?

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014

EggsAisle posted:

Steam has the PC versions of Dead Rising on sale, in case anyone's interested. Was thinking about picking up DR2, is it any good?

I have both of a copy of DR2 for my PC and my 360, It is worth every penny in my opinion, and it is just as amazing as this game is

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

EggsAisle posted:

Yes, if you can get it to work. You're forced to run it from "Games for Windows Live" for now.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
DR2 is good, but DR2: Off the Record is 2x better.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

If you were trying to have all survivors recorded in the log for the achievement then the Poker Assholes could screw you up due to the 8 survivor limit imposed on the game world, my solution was always to just kill them since they are still recorded in the log even when dead. :v:
> : [
I didn't save all those clowns just to kill 3 of them because of a poker game.

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

It's absolutely easier to do everything in this game. I think I mentioned it in early on, but there are no hidden missions or survivors. The closest thing would be like that one survivor who would stab herself if you don't stop her. But every side mission is given to you by phone call, and they're only given 2 or 3 at a time, and you never really have to worry about running out of time in the main story. So much easier.
Seems to be way chiller yeah, especially if you actually share XP with the DLC, which as far as I can tell had no time limit whatsoever?

EggsAisle posted:

40%? :cmon:

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Yes, if you can get it to work. You're forced to run it from "Games for Windows Live" for now.

Actually, the entire reason it's on sale is because both DR2 and OtR are swapping to Steamworks for their online. I don't know if that update is live yet, though.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
:siren:HAVE ANOTHER VIDEO:siren:

Video 11 - Boys Blowing Up My Phone [YouTube]

Playing around with Smartglass some more. This time we get to see one of the more fun Smartglass features, and a mission with some semblance of a plotline.

EggsAisle posted:

Dead Rising 2 is a great game and if it's 66% off I definitely recommend it. I've never played Off the Record, but from what I've read, you should play DR2 first and then play OtR as a weird alternate universe version of the story.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Or is it Sputnik posted:

I was fairly certain they had removed the GFWL requirement for DR 2 pretty much the day of the sale (though there's apparently still some issues with the DLC needing it?). Also if you wanted to get DR 3 for marginally cheaper at the moment: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2340-dead-rising-3-apocalypse-edition

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
Eh, I've been on a guilty-pleasure Capcom trip with the new Resident Evil game anyway, might as well grab 'em. Thanks for the recommendations, all.

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014
I think the skull on Nick's Muscle Car might be a reference to Madworld, it looks pretty similar to the Death Watch skull that Jack has on his jacket

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

:siren:HAVE ANOTHER VIDEO:siren:

Video 11 - Boys Blowing Up My Phone [YouTube]

Playing around with Smartglass some more. This time we get to see one of the more fun Smartglass features, and a mission with some semblance of a plotline.

Dead Rising 2 is a great game and if it's 66% off I definitely recommend it. I've never played Off the Record, but from what I've read, you should play DR2 first and then play OtR as a weird alternate universe version of the story.

Huh. The only option available to me with this video is 360p but your older videos are fine.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Huh. The only option available to me with this video is 360p but your older videos are fine.

Huh, not sure what this is about. I checked and the HD options work for me. Is that from Polsy or the YouTube site itself?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Main problem is that it's still mostly playing the same game twice, which may or may not be a bad thing in this instance. It works best as a companion, but if you only play one the gameplay is significantly enhanced, there's a whole new area, better main character (okay, this one's just preference) and just generally a great ultimate edition of the best Dead Rising.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Off the Record assumes you love Frank West, and you should, because he's the best Dead Rising protagonist as he just does not give a poo poo, he only went to the mall in DR 1 for a story and to get famous, he didn't give a gently caress about saving people until he met Isabella.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Judge Tesla posted:

Off the Record assumes you love Frank West, and you should, because he's the best Dead Rising protagonist as he just does not give a poo poo, he only went to the mall in DR 1 for a story and to get famous, he didn't give a gently caress about saving people until he met Isabella.

And I'm pretty sure he didn't give a gently caress about actually saving people for humanitarian reasons, but for getting interviews and stories from them after getting out.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Huh, not sure what this is about. I checked and the HD options work for me. Is that from Polsy or the YouTube site itself?

Both. Other videos have HD options and your earlier videos do as well but this one restricts me to 360p.

Edit: Nevermind... works on Firefox but not Chrome. I'm just having bad luck with browsers these days.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 20, 2015

leekster
Jun 20, 2013
I'm pretty sure Jaime's comment when you kill the bikers is a weird reference to Hunter S. Thompson. He wrote a book looking into the Hell's Angels and his suicide note was titled "Football Season is Over" which isn't so far from hockey season is over.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Judge Tesla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r13x0XoFDgU

This is why I love Frank West. The only thing that could have made that moment better would have been some blingee poo poo over the top. :snoop:

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

whowhatwhere posted:

Main problem is that it's still mostly playing the same game twice, which may or may not be a bad thing in this instance. It works best as a companion, but if you only play one the gameplay is significantly enhanced, there's a whole new area, better main character (okay, this one's just preference) and just generally a great ultimate edition of the best Dead Rising.

Judge Tesla posted:

Ok, I both can't and won't refute either of these claims. However, I'm going to be the guy who shows up and says in a whiny and nasally voice, "But Dead Rising 2 is canon, and the story matters!"

That being said, yeah Dead Rising 2 with Frank, plus photography and a "selfie" attack, it sounds loving awesome. In fact, I almost wonder if they started making it just for fun and then realized that was probably the game they should have made in the first place.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The most likely culprit is the way youtube processes videos. Youtube starts from lowest quality to highest quality, so you probably tried to watch it as soon as he published it. I just watched it and the 480p and up were available as choices.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Ok, I both can't and won't refute either of these claims. However, I'm going to be the guy who shows up and says in a whiny and nasally voice, "But Dead Rising 2 is canon, and the story matters!"

That being said, yeah Dead Rising 2 with Frank, plus photography and a "selfie" attack, it sounds loving awesome. In fact, I almost wonder if they started making it just for fun and then realized that was probably the game they should have made in the first place.

Off the Record only exists because fans of the game wanted Frank West and the camera back, and the plot of Off the Record is the same as 2 but it has a few new twists designed specifically to throw off veteran players of 2.

Not to mention the game in general is much harder than 2, having an even greater number of zombies on screen at once and making those rear end in a top hat Looters stronger and spawning in new locations.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Inco posted:

Actually, the entire reason it's on sale is because both DR2 and OtR are swapping to Steamworks for their online. I don't know if that update is live yet, though.
Oh wow, really? I snagged DR2 and OtR a while back but I couldn't stand the Windows Live hassle. Sounds like I'll give it another go-round, thanks!

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
:siren:UPDATE:siren:

Video 12 - The Clothes Make The Man [YouTube]

Checking in with friends and trying on way more clothes than we probably need to.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Which video had the 0bummer comments? Is this now a political LP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
You guys known there is a Vancouver in Washington, right?

Clearly more political chat is needed in this LP (No it's not)

• Locked thread