Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

fjelltorsk posted:

Oh, and they have contacted my brother (who is my boss/runs the company that owns 51% of the shop) to tell them that they want to replace me.
Dear supplier, we would like to replace our account manager with another person who isn't as effective at getting us to pay them. Hugs and kisses, deadbeat bus company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

His twitter is heartwrenching, but a fitting memorial.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Son of a bitch :(

Those last tweets, gently caress :cry:

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 12, 2015

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Liquid Communism posted:

His twitter is heartwrenching, but a fitting memorial.

Well goddamn gently caress.

Oh, and sorry for stinking up snapchat last night, guys. I'm mentally about eight years old.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Did he die in his sleep or did he pursue assisted suicide? Either way, fin. :(

edit: looks like the former of the two. I can't even imaging planning my own ending.

keykey fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 12, 2015

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Just had an expensive morning. Took my dachshund into the vet on tuesday since she was acting like she hurt her back(wouldn't get onto the couch without help), they gave her some painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs. Yesterday we notice that she wasn't really using her hind legs. She would try to stand up, but her back legs just weren't doing their job and her but would fall over. Called the vet, they said it was prolly just the muscle relaxants and to call them in the morning if it is still happening. She was worse this morning, so we rushed her to the vet first thing and they told us to get her to an emergency vet that has a neurologist. The think she has a bulging disc and needs back surgery. Still waiting to hear the results from the MRI, but I already put the deposit down on the back surgery, just under $7k. Now we just get to wait.

shes a loving jerk at times, but I am still going to pay what ever it takes to get her healthy again.

And to top it off, as I am rushing on I5 to get my dog help, I got pulled over doing 75 in a 60. Told the cop we were trying to rush my dog to the emergency room and he was nice enough to drop the ticket to 65 in a 60.

And there is no scotch in the house, gently caress today.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Sometimes you just got them days where the world wants to gently caress you.

Sorry bud :glomp:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Negromancer posted:

And to top it off, as I am rushing on I5 to get my dog help, I got pulled over doing 75 in a 60. Told the cop we were trying to rush my dog to the emergency room and he was nice enough to drop the ticket to 65 in a 60.

That is incredibly lovely :smith:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Elmnt80 posted:

I think she might want to spend some time playing with your gearstick as well.

Something something airbags honka honka

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Pretty sure I've got work burnout now.
After consistently cramming an extra half day of work into a regular workday every day this week my manager brushed me off when I said that I've got way too much poo poo on my plate despite everything I've been doing to try and get poo poo under control.

I'm just half assing everything and firing it out in order to meet deadlines because my department picked the worst time to roll out an upgrade for our main program. 90% of the time I've got the web browser open and am just doing work on autopilot.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

1500quidporsche posted:

Pretty sure I've got work burnout now.
After consistently cramming an extra half day of work into a regular workday every day this week my manager brushed me off when I said that I've got way too much poo poo on my plate despite everything I've been doing to try and get poo poo under control.

I'm just half assing everything and firing it out in order to meet deadlines because my department picked the worst time to roll out an upgrade for our main program. 90% of the time I've got the web browser open and am just doing work on autopilot.

I got this. About a year ago. Still in it. :suicide:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Hey Negromancer, you should really get a second opinion/estimate on something like that, it's just too expensive to shop around. LMK if you need a reference, one of my best friends, his wife is a DVM who works in Bellevue.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I got this. About a year ago. Still in it. :suicide:

Yeah it sucks balls, I've had the feeling that this was going to hit me at some point for a while and here it is. I strongly suspect changing jobs is the only way I'm going to get out of it, but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

Hey Negromancer, you should really get a second opinion/estimate on something like that, it's just too expensive to shop around. LMK if you need a reference, one of my best friends, his wife is a DVM who works in Bellevue.

Yeah I agree, though even though I love my dog very, very much, there's no way in hell I would spend $7,000 on a surgery for it. Especially on a breed of dog that has a shitload of health problems from poor breeding :(

No offense to Necromancer, of course.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

God I can't wait for this exam to be over with. Cramming and studying all of these weird loving water regulations and chemical disinfectant rules is both brain meltingly confusing and boring as gently caress.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Darchangel posted:

Got my Geirskogul(R) brand jack stands.

Adjusting the suspension for Mt. Akina:

(Oh God the dust. I really need to get display boxes or something.)

Thanks, Big G! These things are neat!

e: typos

I need one of these in my life

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

mariooncrack posted:

Probably after the avatars. I got a snap from her a few weeks back and was relieved to hear from her. I hope she's doing okay.

I hope this post doesn't sound creepy.

I miss Harry snaps but Snapchat banned the Windows Phone client. :arghfist:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

What

Nodoze posted:

I need one of these in my life

What, the jack stands? Or one of the many things on my (mostly rotary) shelf?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Darchangel posted:

What

What, the jack stands? Or one of the many things on my (mostly rotary) shelf?

Rotary shelf and the White FC model

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Nodoze posted:

:hfive:

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

Thanks for the offer, but she is just about to go into surgery. Apparently this(VCA in Lynnwood) is one of 2 places in the area that has a neurologist on staff. Hell, I don't know how many other vets in the area have an MRI in house.

Tusen Takk posted:

Yeah I agree, though even though I love my dog very, very much, there's no way in hell I would spend $7,000 on a surgery for it. Especially on a breed of dog that has a shitload of health problems from poor breeding :(

No offense to Necromancer, of course.

I get it, its a ton of money but I have it and I am too much of a softy to not do it. I already lost my other dachshund to being hit by a car, I don't think I can handle losing her as well. Thankfully I am pretty well paid, so while its a lot of money, its not going to put me in the poor house. Granted its gonna cut into the wedding and house funds, but its worth it to us.

This is really the only issue dachshunds have, they are notorious for their bad backs but not much else. I have always kind of expected it to happen, I just thought it would be a few more years down the line.

I am just happy that my job is flexible and my boss pretty much forced me to take the rest of the week off to deal with all this. She should be out of surgery around 4, so now I just have to wait for another call from the vet.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Negromancer posted:

Thanks for the offer, but she is just about to go into surgery. Apparently this(VCA in Lynnwood) is one of 2 places in the area that has a neurologist on staff. Hell, I don't know how many other vets in the area have an MRI in house.

I get it, its a ton of money but I have it and I am too much of a softy to not do it. I already lost my other dachshund to being hit by a car, I don't think I can handle losing her as well. Thankfully I am pretty well paid, so while its a lot of money, its not going to put me in the poor house. Granted its gonna cut into the wedding and house funds, but its worth it to us.

This is really the only issue dachshunds have, they are notorious for their bad backs but not much else. I have always kind of expected it to happen, I just thought it would be a few more years down the line.

I am just happy that my job is flexible and my boss pretty much forced me to take the rest of the week off to deal with all this. She should be out of surgery around 4, so now I just have to wait for another call from the vet.

My bud's wife is one of those neurologists

Hope your pup recovers well!

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

My bud's wife is one of those neurologists

Hope your pup recovers well!

Curly red hair and a last name that starts with 'K'?

Thanks for the kind words. The hardest part is going to be keeping her on bed rest for 4 - 6 weeks after the surgery.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
Good Luck Bonnie! Get well soon.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Nodoze posted:

Ah.
Been collecting that stuff for a while, since I was graced with my '79 RX-7 many years ago. Then I watched Initial D. All those little cars just past the big FC are Japanese Initial D capsule cars. I'm missing a few, but most of them are there, including two versions of Takumi's AE86.
There are several Tomica SA22C RX-7s, a couple of Ertls, a custom-painted Ertl with Hot Wheels wheels that I made before the current Hot Wheels one came out, several variants of the aforementioned Hot Wheels SA22C, several FDs from HW and others, including the F&F ones, a dealer working rotary display, a Minicraft 1/5 Visible Rotary engine, and a bunch of other stuff. I'll get a better picture tonight at home. And dust first.

What's up, Initial-D FC buddy!
Look closely at the engine on that. The top stuff is right for a Turbo II, but look closely at the block underneath. It's hard to see due to the chrome, but it's a V8 or V6 block.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I completely fell for my first (average) American car today and I dont know what to think
a 2003 Oldsmobile Aurora completely stole my heart as I was dealing with numerous front end problems with it today. I know right?

It might be the sleekest and most underrated mass audience design to come out of GM in a span of 20 years IMO

Ill think I need to be slapped.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Darchangel posted:

Ah.
Been collecting that stuff for a while, since I was graced with my '79 RX-7 many years ago. Then I watched Initial D. All those little cars just past the big FC are Japanese Initial D capsule cars. I'm missing a few, but most of them are there, including two versions of Takumi's AE86.
There are several Tomica SA22C RX-7s, a couple of Ertls, a custom-painted Ertl with Hot Wheels wheels that I made before the current Hot Wheels one came out, several variants of the aforementioned Hot Wheels SA22C, several FDs from HW and others, including the F&F ones, a dealer working rotary display, a Minicraft 1/5 Visible Rotary engine, and a bunch of other stuff. I'll get a better picture tonight at home. And dust first.

What's up, Initial-D FC buddy!
Look closely at the engine on that. The top stuff is right for a Turbo II, but look closely at the block underneath. It's hard to see due to the chrome, but it's a V8 or V6 block.

Yeah I've looked up all the models on eBay before and I do intend on getting them. I'm a big fan of the show :3:

I want that rotor housing thing (what is it)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Preoptopus posted:

I completely fell for my first (average) American car today and I dont know what to think
a 2003 Oldsmobile Aurora completely stole my heart as I was dealing with numerous front end problems with it today. I know right?

It might be the sleekest and most underrated mass audience design to come out of GM in a span of 20 years IMO

I had one of the first-gen Auroras and it was one of my favorites. It had a ton of miles and I bought it for no money, but a quick ghetto intake and exhaust and that thing sounded MEAN. 4.0 Northstar had reasonable pep and great gas mileage. I liked the second-gen, but it was so hard to find one that had the V8 instead of the craptastic 6 that I stopped looking.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

meatpimp posted:

I had one of the first-gen Auroras and it was one of my favorites. It had a ton of miles and I bought it for no money, but a quick ghetto intake and exhaust and that thing sounded MEAN. 4.0 Northstar had reasonable pep and great gas mileage. I liked the second-gen, but it was so hard to find one that had the V8 instead of the craptastic 6 that I stopped looking.

Those first ten models could rack up some serious models. Plus the 4.0 didn't suffer the problem head gaskets the north star did.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Bibendum posted:

Good Luck Bonnie! Get well soon.

Heard from the vet a bit ago and the surgery went well. Another couple days of recovery there and she can come home. After that we just have to be sure she takes it easy for the next month so she can fully recover. The vet who did the surgery is awesome and calling to give us updates on how she is doing.

Now I'm sitting at my local bar in the sun drinking a seattle cider that they finally started stocking for me. At least my day is ending better than it started.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Preoptopus posted:

Lol.

"Sleek."

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Negromancer posted:

Heard from the vet a bit ago and the surgery went well. Another couple days of recovery there and she can come home. After that we just have to be sure she takes it easy for the next month so she can fully recover. The vet who did the surgery is awesome and calling to give us updates on how she is doing.

Now I'm sitting at my local bar in the sun drinking a seattle cider that they finally started stocking for me. At least my day is ending better than it started.

Good deal, man.

I have a 15/16 year old mini dachshund. I turn 28 in May, had him since I was in 7th grade, and he's been from TX, to FL, to VA, back to FL, then Guam, now California.

At one point about five years ago, his back legs stopped working for two days. Then suddenly did again. At this point he only has TOTAL control of one leg, but he still chases cats, runs after me, climbs stairs, breaks poo poo and just generally makes a nuisance of himself.

Not a single loving day goes by that I don't dread him dying. Like just the thought makes me get a bit choked up.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Negromancer posted:

Yaaay! I'm so happy.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I am really having a hard time not buying wheels for my big dumb truck. 900 dollar asking price (for 6) plus shipping. Brand new, never used.

GODDAMMIT.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I need to stop looking at cars on eBay. They're cheap, but they're all so far away.

Someone explain to me why I shouldn't buy a 1966 Galaxie wagon with no engine in California. (I'm in FL BTW)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321692493301?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ExplodingSims posted:

I need to stop looking at cars on eBay. They're cheap, but they're all so far away.

Someone explain to me why I shouldn't buy a 1966 Galaxie wagon with no engine in California. (I'm in FL BTW)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321692493301?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Because it's not a '64.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pro Tip:

Absolutely never ever loving ever help your friends get a job where you work. My girlfriend helped nudge things along for one of our friends to get a job with her and things went very well but now she's just not working out. She does the job (Leasing agent) well enough but she's kind of loudly having unrealistic expectations of the job. My girlfriend has two degrees and has worked there for a year now. She's been promoted to Property Manager and just won an award in the local rental industry.

In contrast, our friend who was just hired on has no college, no experience and has worked there for two months. Well the company has started looking for a property manager for the third location they are building and said friend seems to think that she should have been given that position after 2 months and getting a single lease at all three locations.

The worst part is her boyfriend is pretty much my best friend these days, he and I have never had any issues, have many similar interests and really just enjoy chilling out at either's home. I'm really worried that when things go sour for his girlfriend and she's fired (she's about to get written up) it's going to destroy our friendship.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Pro Tip:

Absolutely never ever loving ever help your friends get a job where you work. My girlfriend helped nudge things along for one of our friends to get a job with her and things went very well but now she's just not working out. She does the job (Leasing agent) well enough but she's kind of loudly having unrealistic expectations of the job. My girlfriend has two degrees and has worked there for a year now. She's been promoted to Property Manager and just won an award in the local rental industry.

In contrast, our friend who was just hired on has no college, no experience and has worked there for two months. Well the company has started looking for a property manager for the third location they are building and said friend seems to think that she should have been given that position after 2 months and getting a single lease at all three locations.

The worst part is her boyfriend is pretty much my best friend these days, he and I have never had any issues, have many similar interests and really just enjoy chilling out at either's home. I'm really worried that when things go sour for his girlfriend and she's fired (she's about to get written up) it's going to destroy our friendship.

I wouldn't worry too much about it since dudes don't usually take things like that personally, but based on your track record I guess it doesn't hurt to worry a bit :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

I wouldn't worry too much about it since dudes don't usually take things like that personally, but based on your track record I guess it doesn't hurt to worry a bit :v:

One of the perks of the PM position is a free on site apartment, I guess they had both set their hopes on that happening. It's not impossible that she could get promoted eventually, but it'd be site 4 in something like a year. I just worry that if she got fired it would almost certainly drive a wedge. He's one of the few non terrible friends I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

cursedshitbox posted:

hahaha guess which one it is. :suicide:

Not the CKP. :neckbeard:

Wound up being the ignition module. There's actually a small junkyard walking distance from the house (about 2 1/2 miles) that has a couple of Cobalts and Ions, snagged the complete ignition cassette. So now I have a couple of spare coils.

• Locked thread