Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I've decided to watch every Raw from the very beginning and hooooooly poo poo why didn't one of you fuckers warn me about Rob Bartlett?

Who is he? What is he?! Everything he says is awkward. It's not even unfunny. It's just there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

britishbornandbread posted:

I've decided to watch every Raw from the very beginning and hooooooly poo poo why didn't one of you fuckers warn me about Rob Bartlett?

Who is he? What is he?! Everything he says is awkward. It's not even unfunny. It's just there.

He was a stand-up comedian who (really) didn't work as a commentator.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Here's a test:

Have you heard of Rob Bartlett since he left Raw back in the early 90s?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Here's a test:

Have you heard of Rob Bartlett since he left Raw back in the early 90s?

Yes...because my dad listened to Don Imus.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The one thing I liked about Rob Bartlett was from (I think) the very first episode of Raw where Yokozuna is in the ring:

Rob: This guy's got an rear end like an amphitheater.
Vince: :vince:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I liked Monsoon's sometimes-barely-hidden contempt and hatred for Rob Bartlett.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

sticklefifer posted:

The one thing I liked about Rob Bartlett was from (I think) the very first episode of Raw where Yokozuna is in the ring:

The awkward silence after every bad joke is impressive. He just doesnt GET wrestling at all.

He's easily the worst commentator I've ever heard in WWE. At least Art Donovan was interested.

The mediocre production in these early episodes is an interesting contrast to the sick machine we are used to in 2015.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Imagine a commentary team of Art Donovan and Rob Barlett. DREAM TEAM!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DM Punk posted:

Imagine a commentary team of Art Donovan and Rob Barlett. DREAM TEAM!

WWECW, make it happen.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Can this be a three-man table with Mark Madden?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Can this be a three-man table with Mark Madden?

adamle on interviews and great khali as ring announcer

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

If you're going to have the cream of the crap, you have to squeeze Todd Pettingil in there somewhere.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Eat poo poo, Pettingill was gold.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm only 3 slots into the new Countdown and it already rules. Tajiri gets some love and a teenage Matt Hardy rocks some sweet Oakleys.

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
Oh my God they put the Rowdy Roddy Piper "I'm Your Man" music video in the WWE Quick Hits section. This is why I pay 9.99 a month!

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Happy Austin 3/16!

What are your favorite Stone Cold matches or moments on the Network?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think the most recent Stone Cold doc is up there now and is excellent if you haven't seen it yet.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

DudeDeuce posted:

Oh my God they put the Rowdy Roddy Piper "I'm Your Man" music video in the WWE Quick Hits section. This is why I pay 9.99 a month!

I was hoping this would be Roddy Piper singing Leonard Cohen. It's not. But I'm not disappointed.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So has the Network site completely poo poo itself for anyone else on Safari? It will show the categories and such, but no options will show up, regardless of what you click. So you choose In Ring and it acts as though there is nothing available.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

sticklefifer posted:

The episode of Raw where he comes out as Elvis is worth it. Just to hear him talk (in character, as Elvis) about how much he likes it when Lex Luger "makes his boobies dance."

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

The episode of Raw where he comes out as Elvis is worth it. Just to hear him talk (in character, as Elvis) about how much he likes it when Lex Luger "makes his boobies dance."

Is it the first or second Raw he does a bizarre Mike Tyson impression that seemingly goes on forever?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

I've decided to watch every Raw from the very beginning

Ive been thinking about doing this for a while with either Raw or Nitro. I figure Nitro starts hotter so I might go with that

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Is it the first or second Raw he does a bizarre Mike Tyson impression that seemingly goes on forever?

They put out a 'Best Of' Raw DVD set a few years ago (which I snapped up for $5 at Wal-Mart during their big wrestling sale), and they actually show a lot of Bartlett. He did many impressions, and they all feel like they go on forever.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So has the Network site completely poo poo itself for anyone else on Safari? It will show the categories and such, but no options will show up, regardless of what you click. So you choose In Ring and it acts as though there is nothing available.

Safari has actually been the only thing I could get the network to work on with my Mac :iiam:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

Ive been thinking about doing this for a while with either Raw or Nitro. I figure Nitro starts hotter so I might go with that

Laughing at this cause I thought the same thing. Do yourself a favor and skip to 1996 if you're going to watch Nitro straight through.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I tried watching every Raw/Nitro/PPV from the beginning as well. I made it to February 1998, and I just got burned out on doing it. Maybe I'll pick it up again another day.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I started at the beginning of Nitro, got just past the PPV with the Hogan/Giant monster truck thing and couldn't take any more. Jumped ahead to Hall's first appearance and got burnt out again shortly before the Sting storyline.

I don't know if it's just hindsight and/or knowing all of Hogan's bullshit now, but the NWO sucks. Don't even get me started on Hogan using Right Guard commercial taglines in his promos.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Those houses in Waco burned for a reason brother, just like Right Guard burns away B.O.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Dango Bango posted:

I don't know if it's just hindsight and/or knowing all of Hogan's bullshit now, but the NWO sucks. Don't even get me started on Hogan using Right Guard commercial taglines in his promos.

I got into WCW well after the Wolfpack formed, so I missed most of the NWO heyday. Was there a point where every Nitro ended with Hogan dancing/flexing? Because that's the impression I'm getting from the few random episodes I've watched. At least the ones from around the time of the Piper feud.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

I got into WCW well after the Wolfpack formed, so I missed most of the NWO heyday. Was there a point where every Nitro ended with Hogan dancing/flexing? Because that's the impression I'm getting from the few random episodes I've watched. At least the ones from around the time of the Piper feud.

Yeah and then he gets Voodoo Child (Slight Return) as his theme so he starts air guitaring too and it is the best.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MassRafTer posted:

he starts air guitaring too and it is the best.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
I believe you'll find the song is called Voodoo Chili, actually.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Dango Bango posted:

I started at the beginning of Nitro, got just past the PPV with the Hogan/Giant monster truck thing and couldn't take any more. Jumped ahead to Hall's first appearance and got burnt out again shortly before the Sting storyline.

For me it is hard watching the NWO knowing how they messed it up and knowing all the behind the scenes of Hall, Hogan, and Nash. Everything about the shows I find enjoying.

I can enjoy Hogan now but watching any of his old stuff is hard.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah and then he gets Voodoo Child (Slight Return) as his theme so he starts air guitaring too and it is the best.

This is correct. Hogan air guitaring on the Big Gold (Spraypainted) Belt is amazing.

I learned about Voodoo Child because of Hollywood Hogan. I love that song.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Doomsday Jesus posted:

I guess Vince is still holding a grudge against WCW because no matter what pay per view from any year I attempt to watch it freezes, buffers, and skips until it closes. I can fire up any WWE or ECW PPV just fine.

Thought I was the only one. I've gone through all three Uncensored PPV's (including the God-awful Doomsday Cage match) and I had buffers and stutters through all three.

The part in '97 where Dusty Rhodes breaks out in laughter after Booker T gets blasted with a trash can is still one of my favorite moments in WCW commentary ever.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Kind of pisses me off that they put pretty much all of Raw on their YouTube page as the show is airing, but they can't post the full episodes on the Network immediately.

I've been watching Raw exclusively through the YouTube page these past few weeks. It makes it SO much more tolerable with the show being condensed down to an hour with all the entrances, recaps, and garbage cut out. Only thing I've noticed is that they don't post the opening interview that starts the show.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I too am mad that WWE respects the terms of their contracts.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Countdown is kind of weird this week. It's "Men of Mystery" as in masked/secret identities and (some) big reveals, but then they count Undashing Cody as one of them and they go off on tangents about face paint. It seems like they couldn't decide whether they were talking about masks as a look/gimmick or as angles.

It's also weird that they've had DeMott making comments in the last few episodes since all his poo poo went down. But at least they're talking to NXT people now. Also, Noelle Foley is a lovely lady and her dad rules, but her segments are painfully wooden.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

It's also weird that they've had DeMott making comments in the last few episodes since all his poo poo went down. But at least they're talking to NXT people now. Also, Noelle Foley is a lovely lady and her dad rules, but her segments are painfully wooden.

They probably filmed these talking head segments forever ago, no? I thought these Countdown shows have been in the can for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My friend is getting up on matches he's missed and he hasn't seen any Shield stuff. Does anyone have that list that was made a while back that chronicled their best matches with links?