Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Gaz-L posted:

I'm sure there's a panel earlier where Kate's whispering to herself something like, "Don't overthink it, just be cool, she's a person, just smile, and ask her!"

I can't find that one in Google, but The Question's sorta saying something in that vein in panel 2 (sorry for flooding the page with WW 600 pics, folks!). Bulleteer's line makes me smile, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Captain Cold's kinda like that in some recent issues. Like more, "Nothing personal Flash, just doin' a job here." vs "I must destroy the Flash!"

A funny panel! PG, WW, and Cass have just beaten Egg Fu in WW #600.

Rat Queens #1

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I can't find that one in Google, but The Question's sorta saying something in that vein in panel 2 (sorry for flooding the page with WW 600 pics, folks!). Bulleteer's line makes me smile, too.

That might be what I was recalling.

Also fits in nicely with the Gotham Central page posted a few pages back. (The next page has Maggie telling Renee "You should see Wonder Woman!")

Grendels Dad posted:

So, Conan is Batman?

Honestly, having read a bunch of Savage Sword recently? Kinda? A lot of stories rely on Conan outwitting the bad guy, or, like I said, revealing he has allies right under the villain's nose. (And really? No-one batting an eye about the aliens? I seriously mean guys from space, by the way)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 13, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Behold, the Marvel U's sweetest ride is back:

Deadpool 250.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's not the Squirrel-a-gig! :colbert:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

A funny panel! PG, WW, and Cass have just beaten Egg Fu in WW #600.

Amazing Spider-Man #648

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Batman Inc 1

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Gaz-L posted:

That's not the Squirrel-a-gig! :colbert:

No, but this is

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl issue 2

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
If someone puts out a comic with Squirrel Girl in her Squirrel-a-gig chasing down Deadpool in a stolen Thanos-copter, I will be able to die happy.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Gaz-L posted:

That might be worth it if the punchline is a panel of Frank Castle just sitting in front of his gun, scowling.

Sadly, no. But both Spidey and Moon Knight get some. And then Moon Knight calls Spidey on his Avengers communicator card, and overhears MJ and him talking about doing it. It's awkward.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

zoux posted:

Who's like that besides Taskmaster?

Agent X, The Tinker(pre-heroics), Grizzly, Rhino, shocker, pretty much anyone that knocks over banks.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

John Yossarian posted:

I've always liked Darkhawk, too. I remember he had a nemesis/ally named Portal. Portal was a mutant that could teleport, and he wore armor that was really similar to Darkhawk, except it was green.

For some reason, the only Darkhawk comics I own are the ones that Portal is in, so it was fun to see him show up as the director of ARMOR in one of the Marvel Zombies series.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
I once ran a Superhero Tabletop RPG set in the DC universe - one of my players isn't a comics person so was a little stuck for original ideas. He caught onto my Amalgam comics collection and figured he'd make an Amalgam character, that way he didn't have to come up with powers or backstory himself, he could just let two established characters do it for him - and he'd have an in-game excuse for not quite understanding the world he was in.

He chose Green Arrow and DarkHawk and, being a D&D nerd, named his Amalgam Greyhawk. And this was how I found out about Darkhawk, and I've had a soft-spot for the little Guyver rip-off ever since. I gave the player bonus hero points to start with for dredging up a character I'd never heard of.

And that's my story.

Here's some funny panels for your time:

Death's Head II #1
Marvel UK

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Huh, I always wondered if he could do that to himself (Wolverines #11)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, having read a bunch of Savage Sword recently? Kinda? A lot of stories rely on Conan outwitting the bad guy, or, like I said, revealing he has allies right under the villain's nose. (And really? No-one batting an eye about the aliens? I seriously mean guys from space, by the way)

One of the definitive Conan stories by Robert E Howard was "The Tower of the Elephant" where Conan breaks in the eponymous tower to steal a fabled jewel, only to discover a being who reveals to Conan that he came from the stars.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Half the weird poo poo Conan deals with is from 'beyond the stars' or similar, so punchfighting an alien isn't anything new for him. The other half is wizards. Actually it's a venn diagram and the wizards are sometimes from space.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also isn't one of Conan's villains described as basically Skeletor?

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014
Thulsa Doom started out as a Kull villain, then moved over to Conan. He was basically a lich in the stories and comics.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

muscles like this? posted:

Also isn't one of Conan's villains described as basically Skeletor?

There was Xaltotun from Hour Of The Dragon, but he was more like Mumm-Ra The Everliving.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Archie comics, no context.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

taskmaster status: alive, still an rear end in a top hat

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

I think he's still mad at DD for this.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Is he... sniffing his fingers? :stare:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

System Metternich posted:

Is he... sniffing his fingers? :stare:

It's honestly one of the more believable and human things I've seen a superhero do in a good while.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Looking up Black Cat on Wikipedia exposed me to Marvel Mangaverse Black Cat.

TITS MCGEE

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

More tits. More claws. I'm surprised she doesn't have more fur too. Maybe just be an outright catgirl.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Matt Murdock should save the hot chicks for people who can actually appreciate them.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rough Lobster posted:

Matt Murdock should save the hot chicks for people who can actually appreciate them.

His superhuman senses allows him to appreciate women in ways others can only imagine. Why, some of you might be imagining it right now.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rough Lobster posted:

It's the Ray Charle's effect.

Ray was blind, but even he went after the best looking ladies. (Apparently he could tell by holding their wrists.)

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Looking up Black Cat on Wikipedia exposed me to Marvel Mangaverse Black Cat.

TITS MCGEE

It's also not even the worst Mangaverse redesign, Jean Grey's is somehow a lot worse.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Are anime redesigns always the worst stereotypes?

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Anime designs that aren't robots are terrible.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Chinaman7000 posted:

The one Cliif Chiang redesign that DC almost greenlit with the Visual Kei Joker and Hal Jordan as Cobra The Legendary Bandit owned, though. It also had the greatest Wonderwoman design of all time.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

zoux posted:

Huh, I always wondered if he could do that to himself (Wolverines #11)

Are Logan' claws coming out the bottom of his wrist?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's bent his hand back, they shoot straight out from his forearm.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

goatface posted:

He's bent his hand back, they shoot straight out from his forearm.

:doh:

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Chinaman7000 posted:

You take that back.

(There's a much better Handsome Dad Hulk pic that I've seen in this thread's predecessor before, but I can't find it. :( )

KayTee fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 14, 2015

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Part of the problem with the Mangaverse thing specifically is that it all seemed to be done by people who had only the most basic surface-level understanding of what anime even is and the designs often reflected that. Like, how do you make a mangaverse ghost rider without making him Skull Mask Rider or something.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Prison Warden posted:

Part of the problem with the Mangaverse thing specifically is that it all seemed to be done by people who had only the most basic surface-level understanding of what anime even is and the designs often reflected that. Like, how do you make a mangaverse ghost rider without making him Skull Mask Rider or something.

Yeah the 90's extreme Ghost Rider looked more manga than the Mangaverse version did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Uthor posted:

Are anime redesigns always the worst stereotypes?