Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

I do not understand this reference.

buffy is a vampire slayer she used a wooden spike to kill the vampires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Walter Football's mocks have Connor Cook, Cardale Jones, and Christian Hackenberg going in the first next year.

So, you know, there's probably gonna be a pretty bad drought in terms of QBs for a while.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

buffy is a vampire slayer she used a wooden spike to kill the vampires

But he capitolized Spike.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

Chichevache posted:

In 2017, the Browns will go 1-15 to secure the #1 pick in a draft that is even more implausibly loaded with quarterback talent than the 2012 draft. Their first pick will be the perfect prospect. The mythical 6'4", 235 pound hybrid of Michael Vick and Peyton Manning. He runs a 4.3, trucks linebackers, and shrugs off linemen in the pocket. His IQ is off the charts. Jon Gruden finally loses control -like we all thought he would- and tries to give the guy a big ol' sloppy Gruden Grinder right there in his QB camp (I call this kid the lollipop!) . Despite being the greatest prospect as a player, he's also an Ohio native and Golden Boy. He's got that Russell Wilson corporate charm that old white guys praise, but just a dash of that Joe "Dangerous" Flacco flair. The hometown hero is ecstatic to be bringing his talents to Cleveland, he wants his elderly grandparents (WW2 vets with purple hearts) to witness a Browns Super Bowl victory.

After John Mara's investigation into the Browns' season turns up an email from Haslam that reads, "Have Gordon drop a baggie of coke at Manziel's so he isn't prepared and we don't accidentally win too many games and miss out on the Best Draft Prospect of Any Sport Ever." the Giants replace Eli with the Great Prospect and continue to win Super Bowls. Goodell gets a raise.

In 2018 Mike Polk Jr. is diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Close but, the Browns losing the pick would be too easy. The Browns make the pick, and get our man! Browns fans everywhere erupt, and weep with joy. The first day of spring training half the city is there to watch. The QB swagggers up to the line, and in a deep bass voice smoother than Berry White, he calls out the signals. After a short count the snap is away. Quick as a whip the QB glides back in a perfect five step drop. He makes his reads in record time sees his target cocks back his mighty arm. Then falls over dead without being touched, and without throwing a pass. The Browns sign UDFA Koy Detmer Jr as his replacement the next day.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Chichevache posted:

But he capitolized Spike.

Spike was the vampire that fell in love with her

So watch out Chiche

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Blitz7x posted:

Spike was the vampire that fell in love with her

So watch out Chiche

Please watch the spoilers some of us are only up to about Season 4 1999-2000

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
I want you to stake me, Spike (Chiche).

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MonsterWalk posted:

I want you to stake me, Spike (Chiche).

:wink:

HarlanHell posted:

Close but, the Browns losing the pick would be too easy. The Browns make the pick, and get our man! Browns fans everywhere erupt, and weep with joy. The first day of spring training half the city is there to watch. The QB swagggers up to the line, and in a deep bass voice smoother than Berry White, he calls out the signals. After a short count the snap is away. Quick as a whip the QB glides back in a perfect five step drop. He makes his reads in record time sees his target cocks back his mighty arm. Then falls over dead without being touched, and without throwing a pass. The Browns sign UDFA Koy Detmer Jr as his replacement the next day.

This is less "Cleveland is a cosmic joke" and more "Cleveland is football Job and god just caught his wife in bed with Johnny Manziel".

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Welcome back, Thad Lewis.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
:lol:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/03/lets_talk_about_six_cleveland.html

Browns dead last in passing TDs since 2008.

Well, let's just look at the starters since then.

Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, Ken Dorsey, Bruce Gradkowski, Colt McCoy, Seneca Wallace, Jake Delhomme, Brandon Weeden, Thad Lewis, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Connor Shaw

:yikes:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The Browns have had twice as many starting QBs as seasons since 2008

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How in the world did Ken Dorsey last until 2008? They saw all of his college teammates dominating the league and couldn't figure out he was just along for the ride before then?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Grittybeard posted:

How in the world did Ken Dorsey last until 2008? They saw all of his college teammates dominating the league and couldn't figure out he was just along for the ride before then?

The degree to which he was totally worthless at the NFL level was impressive, to be fair. He made Bad Derek Anderson look like Dan Marino.

2008: 47.3% completion rate, 92.5 yards per game, 0 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, 4.1 yards per attempt, 0.13 adjusted net yards per attempt.

Zero point one three.

For some perspective, Brady Quinn's worst season he hit 3.2.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Grittybeard posted:

In a room with Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn he was considered the smart one who helped them with film.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Derek Anderson owns and I won't hear any argument to the contrary. The funniest thing about the Browns is they fired their best success at having a decent QB (Chudzinski) twice.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
Well on the bright side, the Browns correctly predicted that Trent Richardson would fail spectacularly in the NFL and traded him away when he still had value. So they did something right in recent history.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Well on the bright side, the Browns correctly predicted that Trent Richardson would fail spectacularly in the NFL and traded him away when he still had value. So they did something right in recent history.

I wonder if that's a case of the Browns being smart or Irsay going on a four day coke binge.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

BlindSite posted:

I wonder if that's a case of the Browns being smart or Irsay going on a four day coke binge.

The case of the brokenest clock

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Beautiful Ninja posted:

I don't think that's what they were thinking.

What they were thinking was

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

It's to the point where it actually HURTS to read headlines about the Browns.

It's one thing to not land Free Agents, it's quite another to just consistently lose top talent because they pretty much go "gently caress this noise". Pretty loving embarrassing.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Cameron didn't actually sign and is negotiating with Miami. Browns gonna brown I guess.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Beautiful Ninja posted:

If they had predicted he'd be a failure, they wouldn't have drafted him. They found out he was useless and actually made a great deal. Scared me for a moment. Then they wasted their picks again. :browns:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
With what New Orleans is doing now is the time to sell the farm for Drew Brees. Come on, son. This is it. This is the time.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Two firsts and a second for Brees cleveland don't think just do DONT THINK JUST DO

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
Apparently, Cameron said yes to the Browns and as soon as the 15/mil deal went out Miami jumped in and Cameron backed out on the Browns.

So, a little shady but get yours I guess.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

Cameron didn't actually sign and is negotiating with Miami. Browns gonna brown I guess.

Future civilizations and planets will study the Browns for years

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MonsterWalk posted:

Apparently, Cameron said yes to the Browns and as soon as the 15/mil deal went out Miami jumped in and Cameron backed out on the Browns.

So, a little shady but get yours I guess.

Please sign Clay now so he doesn't become a Bill.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...

Ehud posted:

Please sign Clay now so he doesn't become a Bill.

Jesus, we need someone.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MonsterWalk posted:

Jesus, we need someone.

when in doubt sign nate washington

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

MonsterWalk posted:

Jesus, we need someone.

Jesus? Tight End? Basketball? We have LeBron James. After Basketball season when he brings home the...whatever championship Basketball has...let's get him into the NFL. He can bring home the championship there too.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

MonsterWalk posted:

lol Browns

<-----

Hockles fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 13, 2015

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
This off season sucks.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...

say no to bats posted:

This off season sucks.

Oh wait

quote:

Jim Merklin @jimmerklin
Follow
Perrish Cox and Coach Mike Pettine just walked in to Hyde Park for dinner. #GoBrowns

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

I wish Perrish would just Perish

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Gatts posted:

Jesus? Tight End? Basketball? We have LeBron James. After Basketball season when he brings home the...whatever championship Basketball has...let's get him into the NFL. He can bring home the championship there too.

Go Cavs.

Man...I'm sorry LeBron about all that mean poo poo I said about you. The fact that you even bothered coming back here was beyond endearing. :unsmith:.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Haha, I liked this post someone made on a Browns forum

They've raised season ticket prices by 30ish? percent because they lost less than 10 games (only 9!!!!) for the second time in 12 years so time to raise those prices.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

say no to bats posted:

Haha, I liked this post someone made on a Browns forum

They've raised season ticket prices by 30ish? percent because they lost less than 10 games (only 9!!!!) for the second time in 12 years so time to raise those prices.

This is the perfect example of what I meant when I said I cheer for Browns fans, not for the Cleveland Browns.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
So far the browns have signed two qbs and a wr and still don't have answers at either position.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Raised Ticket prices? To see what? I can go find a dumpster fire elsewhere. Haslam tries to sell his bullshit but like his Flying J scheme it's just to keep the team bad and take in money from those who pay to see them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bigass Moth posted:

So far the browns have signed two qbs and a wr and still don't have answers at either position.

:browns:

• Locked thread