Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Arcturas posted:

the vibe I get from my wife

:chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Toona the Cat posted:

More like #TheIsraelStruggle

:golfclap:

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Alaemon posted:

Exit, pursued by a bar.

Bahahahahahahaha

Well played.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Alaemon posted:

Exit, pursued by a bar.

:golfclap:

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.
Welp, that totally justifies my useless theatre degree and my useless law degree!

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Alaemon posted:

Welp, that totally justifies my useless theatre degree and my useless law degree!

Hey now, that theater degree isn't useless.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Holy poo poo, last day as a public defender tommorow. Kind of sad, but ready for a change.

I wony last motion as a pd ever and got a case dismissed so going out on a high.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Given our current schedule and that my last day will be a Friday, I will probably go out on a two-hour staff meeting.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

nm posted:

I won [a] motion as a pd

stdh.txt

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

nm posted:

Holy poo poo, last day as a public defender tommorow. Kind of sad, but ready for a change.

I wony last motion as a pd ever and got a case dismissed so going out on a high.

So what's the new practice area?

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Look Sir Droids posted:

Are you presenting or just playing with your phone listening?

Was just listening. If you can cal it listening.

mikeraskol posted:

How is this even a question?

A good question in its own right. I always get a bit of a sick pleasure out of showing up to the ethics/personal fitness CLEs in particular a bit drunk.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord
A judge told my client today, "I don't think you are evil.... But"

So that was nice. Family case and the guy wasn't evil.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Roger_Mudd posted:

A judge told my client today, "I don't think you are evil.... But"

So that was nice. Family case and the guy wasn't evil.

But....

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

"But, I'm going to give wife sole custody, you'll get supervised visits every other Saturday from twelve to four (supervised by wife's mother), order you to anger management counseling, and set child support at the guidelines. The court finds this is in the best interest of the child."

Betting opposing counsel argued that Rogers client was evil/abusive.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

"But, I'm going to give wife sole custody, you'll get supervised visits every other Saturday from twelve to four (supervised by wife's mother), order you to anger management counseling, and set child support at the guidelines. The court finds this is in the best interest of the child."

Betting opposing counsel argued that Rogers client was evil/abusive.

Nope, no allegations of any abuse or evilness. I think this particular Judge was upset that a father wouldn't be thrilled with Standard Possession.

Edit: also I pissed off his best golfing buddy but I'm not implying that the Judge ruled on anything but the facts of the case.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

http://abovethelaw.com/2015/03/3l-nabbed-on-human-trafficking-charges/

Baylor 3L arrested for human trafficking. Reminder that they had a 1L who was a professional jewel thief a few years ago too.

Toona, please dont traffic child prostitutes.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
But traffic absolutely everything else.

HiddenReplaced
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah...
it's wanking time.

evilweasel posted:

Next friday. Send an outlook invite to make sure though.

Went with the outlook invite, and it turns out he meant this Friday.

His inability to communicate clearly is concerning.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Baylor 3L arrested for human trafficking. Reminder that they had a 1L who was a professional jewel thief a few years ago too.

Baylor law sounds fun. How does one go from being an irl pink panther character to saying I really want to waste three years of my life?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Green Crayons posted:

So what's the new practice area?

In-house counsel for a govt org related to criminal stuff.
Policy type poo poo.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Duly noted.

quote:

According to LinkedIn, Aaron has a religious studies degree and cares about “Children” and “Economic Empowerment.”
:stare:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

HiddenReplaced posted:

Went with the outlook invite, and it turns out he meant this Friday.

His inability to communicate clearly is concerning.

what an idiot, I would have assumed next Friday from that too

lol

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Patent chat: Found out today I got a rejection overturned on pre-appeal. Made me feel like a real lawyer! Don't go to law school.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I might be dumb too but my guess was this Friday!

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Expected blarzgh to rag on Baylor.

The Dagda
Nov 22, 2005

nm posted:

In-house counsel for a govt org related to criminal stuff.
Policy type poo poo.

You've made it to the promised land, brother

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
A law thread success story!

Everyone go to law school!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Expected blarzgh to rag on Baylor.

I've been really busy, uhhh, your new football stadium looks like a pre-fab metal building, child prostitution and a 'baptist' ok.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Patent chat: Found out today I got a rejection overturned on pre-appeal. Made me feel like a real lawyer! Don't go to law school.

congarts on having an application before a lovely examiner

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
Admitted students day is tomorrow. What are some good questions to ask both faculty and students?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Toona the Cat posted:

Admitted students day is tomorrow. What are some good questions to ask both faculty and students?

"Why are you complicit in a scheme to defraud me of $150,000 and three years of my life?"

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Toona the Cat posted:

He's trolling us now.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I had one of my minions pulling and prepping cases for me last night, and I walk in this morning to find a stack of crisp, clean, irrefutable case law, tabbed and highlighted, that says, unequivocally, that I will lose my hearing today.

Thanks, kid.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

blarzgh posted:

He's trolling us now.

I'm telling you guys, he's been trolling us the whole time. His posts are way to blithely on the nose and oblivious.

I'm not complaining, I respect it.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

congarts on having an application before a lovely examiner

~~~~All my applications are before lovely examiners. The ones that aren't get allowed or abandoned.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Soothing Vapors posted:

I'm telling you guys, he's been trolling us the whole time. His posts are way to blithely on the nose and oblivious.

I'm not complaining, I respect it.

:eng101: too.

also, you should ask the faculty substantive questions about the holdings of Pennoyer v. Neff and Marbury v. Madison. That will show you're a serious law student and make a lasting impression.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Meatbag Esq. posted:

~~~~All my applications are before lovely examiners. The ones that aren't get allowed or abandoned.

it's not like they CANT pull a decent oa out of their rear end, it's just that..

and that's not counting the "legit" bi-weekly count endloading that everyone abuses

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I will make an end of you

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

ActusRhesus posted:

also, you should ask the faculty substantive questions about the holdings of Pennoyer v. Neff and Marbury v. Madison. That will show you're a serious law student and make a lasting impression.

Check out the gunner over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

Check out the gunner over here.

Shhhhh! That's valid advice that will start him on the road to success.

Speaking of which...this term you just heard..."Gunner"

it is the highest praise a 1L can get. Make sure it's being applied to you as early as possible. (Or it's regional variant "springbutt")