Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Am reminded of the guy who dropped something like 25K on Star Citizen. His wife divorced him.

LOL

Oh god, is there a write up about this somewhere? That's hilarious :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Handsome Ralph posted:

Oh god, is there a write up about this somewhere? That's hilarious :allears:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

:stare:

:stonklol:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
holy loving poo poo :stare:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
I'll shell out $60 for a finished product but until then lol

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That's by far the gooniest thing I've read all year.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I always thought the funniest bit was that you don't get anything in return. Like I assumed if and when it came out you'd get some sweet poo poo or the actual product of a gift card if it was a physical product or place. I mean I guess sometimes you do

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
20k for literal computer 1s and 0s that may or may not even be completed. :cripes:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Should have given his bro's ex wife some dick dlc

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

:allears:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hotline Miami 2 is extremely good, and I am happy with my pre-purchase.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Oddworld new n tasty is free this month for ps+ (as well as olliolli2) :toot:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Larry Parrish posted:

Hotline Miami 2 is extremely good, and I am happy with my pre-purchase.

Listen to this dude

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Oddworld new n tasty is free this month for ps+ (as well as olliolli2) :toot:

olliolli2 is 10000% my poo poo

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I want a new Crash Bandicoot game dammit.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Project CARS delayed until Mid-May.

Master Bateman posted:

I want a new Crash Bandicoot game dammit.

I don't even know who owns the rights now- dreamworks? universal? activision?

if a new one was made itd be poo poo from a butt

also I guess theres a ton of people who made a petition for MW2 to be re-released, which baffles me. all I heard about it when people were playing it were people complaining about commando builds and people running/knifing their way to the nuke perk.

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
On the subject of star citizen.

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-client-expected-to-be-around-100gb/

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
what the gently caress are they using 100k x 100k textures? lmbo

MeatForBones
Jul 9, 2012

Anyone playing Attila: Total War, any idea how it decides what sort of victory you get? Fought this:

And got a close victory, was expecting decisive at least, got a Heroic victory when I nearly got wiped out by some peasants.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Cities: Skylines is out, and it's amazing. It's everything that the new SimCity should've been. I'm phone posting, so no pics or links, but go get that poo poo now if you like those games.

And it's only $30 on steam, and $22 on GMG with their code.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

pkells posted:

Cities: Skylines is out, and it's amazing. It's everything that the new SimCity should've been. I'm phone posting, so no pics or links, but go get that poo poo now if you like those games.

And it's only $30 on steam, and $22 on GMG with their code.

werent the last few cities games absolute poo poo though

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I impulse bought the Dmc game last night. Will check it out here in a day or so. Looks cool though.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

This isn't anything like Cities in Motion, it is more like a proper Simcity 4 sequel. Obviously, it isn't perfect and has some flaws that should be patched out however, if you like building roads and cities and whatnot, this is the only game in town.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

word on the street is its a different dev, just the publisher is the same

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

word on the street is its a different dev, just the publisher is the same

I have a friend who's a huge city planning sim sperg and he claims Skylines is Sim City 3 with better graphics and better controls.

Which is pretty high praise

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Yeah, Cities XL and some other one were crappy, but it was a different dev. The only thing is common with those is the word Cities in the title. This team did Cities in Motion, which was pretty good for what it was (transportation, not city building sim).

It has full steam workshop support, and Paradox is the publisher. They've always been really good with supporting games for extended periods.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im honestly kinda looking forward to tropico on ps4 so i can remote play it on my vita

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im honestly kinda looking forward to tropico on ps4 so i can remote play it on my vita

I never could get remote play to work nice. PS4 is wired into router, all the settings are right, it's just not happening without mega amounts of lag. I blame at&t and their poo poo tier router

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I never could get remote play to work nice. PS4 is wired into router, all the settings are right, it's just not happening without mega amounts of lag. I blame at&t and their poo poo tier router

when i was with u-verse i had to put the ps4 behind the DMZ and port forward everything on the piece of poo poo 2wire crap they force you to use, and it worked pretty good! Now I have cox and bought my own stuff and it works really nice now. i raid and poo poo in ffxiv on it.

its finicky but when you get it right it's fantastic.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Edge Magazine (UK) just played 40 hours of Bloodborne and didn't beat it.

quote:

Playthrough did not involve Chalice Dungeon or multiplayer.
This is not an official review/no score, despite the cover of the game saying "THE VERDICT"
"Bloodborne is Hidetaka Miyazaki's brutal riposte to the section of his playerbase that thinks it has seen it all before."
Merchant sells a clip-on lantern (hello Demon's Souls augite).
"Yharnam spends the game in the grip of a perpetual night...that can only be brought to an end by the player finding and finishing off the source of the scourge of beasts." (this could be referring short term like...defeat a major boss, get some daytime, or overall, I guess)
Description on the first shield they found: Shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity.
Some enemies in the game can use spells
Confirmed Bloodtinge stat governs bullet damage
Transforming strikes and their follow-up attacks give you a way of reaching enemies that in other Souls games might be out of reach because they were pushed back by your earlier attacks - they say stamina management is a more diverse process in Bloodborne than in the earlier games
Clothes found in the world or from a merchant whose catalog expands when you defeat bosses
Bloodstone shards = titanite, coldblood = portable souls, most common items are blood vials (healing) and quicksilver bullets, but stocks can grow low later in the game
Surplus items are automatically sent to a storage box, and if you die your items are replenished from the box automatically
They say your starting stats are dictated by the trick weapon you choose, which runs counter to the origins shown in the character creator...
Only found 6 or so weapons and 6 or so guns in 40 hours
Very few chests, almost all have something good inside
Enemies only drop upgrade mats and items
Bloodgems are an upgrade item that allows you to change the attributes of a weapon, ex. increasing physical attack power, adding poison damage, or increasing scaling - all the weapons in the game are customizable with bloodgems
Did not beat the game but they feel like it is less replayable than its predecessors (this does not count the Chalice Dungeon or multiplayer components)
You can keep up to 5 dungeon configurations in your Chalice Dungeon stock
Lantern checkpoints are not "overabundant" like the bonfires of Dark Souls II, you open shortcuts rather than getting new bonfires (ala Demon's Souls), interconnectivity approaches Firelink Shrine type numbers of access and departure points in a few places
"Discrete areas flow together to create a believable world" - separating the hub from the main gameworld allows the world itself to be more coherent
They say in Souls you are frequently scared of dying, but in Bloodborne you are also scared of what is coming to kill you - "There is a moment in Dark Souls that we will never forget: down in the Depths, picking up an item from a corpse and a slime dropping onto our head. We spent the rest of the level panning the camera endlessly for unseen threats, no longer scared of dying, but of moving. Imagine a whole game of that." - For this reason they think taking the replayability factor to CD makes more sense.
Torch may be very important for newcomers/first playthroughs
There is a new mechanic they are not allowed to discuss
"If you thought From Software was going soft, Hidetaka Miyazaki is about to put you brutally back in your place. And if you've been watching this generation from the sidelines, unmoved by the remasters and rush jobs while you wait for the first true essential to arrive, now's the time. As if there was ever any doubt, Miyazaki and his team have done it all over again."

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Edge Magazine (UK) just played 40 hours of Bloodborne and didn't beat it.
When it come out again?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Booblord Zagats posted:

I have a friend who's a huge city planning sim sperg and he claims Skylines is Sim City 3 with better graphics and better controls.

Which is pretty high praise

I bought City Skylines because it was 30 bux and runs on both my desktop and macbook pro. It's a lot of fun and feels like everything Sim City should have been. My only real gripe so far is that it's impossible to change the terrain once you started a game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fart Sandwiches posted:

When it come out again?

like 2 weeks

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Skylines and the Cities XL series have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Different franchise, different developer, different publisher, different country. The developer in question previously did the Cities In Motion games, also published by Paradox. Skylines owns bones, has a bunch of great mods already, and I agree with pretty much every reviewer that this is what SimCity 5 should have been.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=405822493

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 13, 2015

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Differences between Hotline Miami 1 & 2

1) You have more characters in 2, and they all have different playstyles.
2) Game play mechanics are the same, but they switch up things with the above.
3) One of the characters can do a non-lethal runs of the levels, he can't use blades and will disarm any weapons you pick-up for bonus points. You only need to punch people twice when they are down to knock them down, then press right mouse to disengage. You can kill them if you punch them 3 times and you can punch them unlimited times. And after a certain amount he will take off his jacket, will start using bladed weapons, guns and be less hesitant about killing everyone. :stare:
4) Story likes to jump around a lot, but has been more coherent than 1 so far.
5) Music is bitching but not as good as 1.
6) The VHS overlay they do is loving rad.

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 13, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

3) One of the characters can do a non-lethal runs of the levels, he can't use blades and will disarm any weapons you pick-up for bonus points. You only need to punch people twice when they are down to knock them down, then press right mouse to disengage. You can kill them if you punch them 3 times and you can punch them unlimited times. And after a certain amount he will take off his jacket, will start using bladed weapons, guns and be less hesitant about killing everyone. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ufgkJ-uVE&t=113s

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The best thing is that they programmed the character that if you want to kill someone you need to click four times. The first two you will punch the dude and knock him out, on the third click he will very visibly hesitate, on the fourth click he will finally kill the guy sending out a bit of blood and gore. Each subsequent hit will be faster and send out even more gore and blood out. And when he first kills someone the screen will take a reddish tone. This loving game :allears:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

can i loving play bloodborne yet god drat

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A REAL HUMAN BEING, AND A REAL HERO, A REAL HUMAN BEING, AND A REAL HERO, A REAL HUMAN BEING, AND A REAL HERO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

can i loving play bloodborne yet god drat

• Locked thread