Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

:420: :catdrugs: :420:
I don't know why I like Toast so much, especially since my native language is almost entirely devoid of puns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Therion posted:

I don't know why I like Toast so much, especially since my native language is almost entirely devoid of puns.
Holy poo poo a native speaker of Tamarian!

And yes I did have to look that up.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Djeser posted:

You never know who does it, unless someone accidentally puts "John Toast" as the artist instead of The F Plus.

If you listen to the show through the website, the editor is credited on the page for a given episode.

Haruharuharuko posted:

"Nothing says I love you like spending an hour in the kitchen watching dildos boil"

That's what I said, you uncreative oval office.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
New episode is up. About cuddleparty.com, so nobody make fun of it, ok?

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
I have mixed feelings about Portaxx.

She gets a bit too outraged on certain subjects. She's even caused the most drama of the ridiculists. The Patreon episode is kinda peak bad-Portaxx.

But on the other hand she's a significant organizer and art contributor for the AGDQ marathon, and has some golden moments on the podcast, such as "Dumb Girl Voice". She was my favorite for a good while. My other favorite is Acier.

Just gotta take the good with the bad here, I guess. Nobody's perfect. :shrug:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
god dammit, i had no idea i would open a can of worms.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

She gets a bit too outraged on certain subjects. She's even caused the most drama of the ridiculists. The Patreon episode is kinda peak bad-Portaxx.

But on the other hand she's a significant organizer and art contributor for the AGDQ marathon, and has some golden moments on the podcast, such as "Dumb Girl Voice". She was my favorite for a good while. My other favorite is Acier.

Yeah, I don't really like the patreon episode because a lot of her griping comes off as "poor me". Not really blatantly, but it's just kind of annoying. She does cool stuff though, people are complex.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

What's it say!!!?!?!?!!?

"STOG RUB WARRIORS RULE!!!!"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Speaking of podcasts and AGDQ, if you enjoy sarcastic assholes talking about garbage, you will enjoy this:

http://mendrinkincoffee.com/2015/01/the-perfect-blend-agdq-2015-wrap-up-show-part-1/

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Jesus christ. If you need a special family cuddle group to hug your kids, you have problems that are probably better addressed by a clinical therapist than an unlicensed cuddle expert. :catstare:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

"Hey, I’m Holden. I’m an eccentric man-boy in touch with his sensitive side, and I have an uncanny ability to locate and touch yours."

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

"Hey, I’m Holden. I’m an eccentric man-boy in touch with his sensitive side, and I have an uncanny ability to locate and touch yours."

JTT's hit hard times post Man of the House.

sub supau fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 13, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Holy poo poo the stinger of John Kitchin.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Absolutely appropriate that what finally breaks Montrith is cuddling.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Waffleman_ posted:

Holy poo poo the stinger of John Kitchin.

I think I looped that part at least three times cause I was laughing so hard.

Also Kumquat`s coda made me think of one of my favorite aside comments: "I'm Kumquatting through the wars and military section"

Legitimately frustrated ridiculists are great, I love the honesty behind the misogynist and Patreon type episodes, the jokes are still good and the true opinions give the podcast some added oomph for me. I get wanting to skip that part when re-listening to an episode, since once you've heard it you've heard it, but disliking it more than that much is odd to me. Passion's a good thing, it's why podcasts like this get made in the first place.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 13, 2015

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Holy poo poo, I thought they were just being hyperbolic. This guy looks like he was made in that police composite software.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
It looks like someone else's face was shrunk and photoshopped into the middle of his face.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
I like this podcast because it makes me laugh and everyone of the group is cool.
:can:
Also which episode was the one with the baby drug pusher?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

AstroWhale posted:

Also which episode was the one with the baby drug pusher?

Please Direct Complaints to This Hole in the Ground.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

Djeser posted:

It fits Finnish stereotypes so well.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Djeser posted:

Hell, it broke me. Something about this creeped me out more than anything else the F Plus has covered.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Thank you for that Pulp Fiction reference, Victor Lazlo. That was a joke for me.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

I really want a set of business cards with Cuddle Party Bouncer on them.

RyokoTK posted:

That's what I said, you uncreative oval office.

I know I thought it was funny.

Haruharuharuko fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 14, 2015

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Wandering Knitter posted:

Hell, it broke me. Something about this creeped me out more than anything else the F Plus has covered.

I'm creeped out the other way. The people running the event spell out very carefully that it's not about sex, they spell out their policy of consent, but the readers keep insisting over and over it's all about non-consensual touching and sex. It creeps me out when people are so bound to their own interpretation that they'll somehow turn even the clearest indications around in their head to conform to their bias.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Added Space posted:

I'm creeped out the other way. The people running the event spell out very carefully that it's not about sex, they spell out their policy of consent, but the readers keep insisting over and over it's all about non-consensual touching and sex. It creeps me out when people are so bound to their own interpretation that they'll somehow turn even the clearest indications around in their head to conform to their bias.

All that cuddle poo poo is loving weird and gross, you gross weirdo

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Added Space posted:

I'll admit I cringed when Lemon said "Oh yeah, guys totally like to cuddle. They don't just see it as an in" all sarcastically like, come on, man, that was just dumb and unnecessary.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I kinda rolled my eyes when Lemon hulked up about "cuddle hormones." Like, it's silly and not true, but you don't have to freak out about it like it's something really terrible and gross, just have a big laugh and move on. The episode just came off as real forced to me. It's people cuddling. It's really weird, sure, but that's pretty much it.

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

:420: :catdrugs: :420:
By this logic the F Plus shouldn't make fun of fetishists as well since they too are weird people who don't hurt anyone (except for their own balls).

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Added Space posted:

The idea is that sexual touching would be consensual (more or less, depending on whether you're supposed to be pushing your limits or not, based on which part of the FAQ you're reading at the moment) and that the obvious need for the Certified Cuddle Party Facilitators to spell everything out in triplicate shows just how certain it is. It's obviously not what's supposed to happen, and it's just as obvious that it'll happen anyway. At best, the whole thing is a crash course in the concepts of personal space and :siren: BOUNDARIES :siren: for terminal spergs like that absolute creep that they read at the end - what the hell do you expect?

And even in the ideal, completely sexless case, it's goddamn forced and creepy anyway. Human beings don't do that outside of this weird, contrived framework. Not even little kids do that, regardless of how much "inner child" bullshit these people want to believe about it.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 14, 2015

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The idea is that sexual touching would be consensual (more or less, depending on whether you're supposed to be exploring your limits or not, based on which part of the FAQ you're reading at the moment), and that the obvious need for the Certified Cuddle Party Facilitators to spell everything out in triplicate shows just how certain it is. It's obviously not what's supposed to happen, and it's just as obvious that it'll happen anyway. At best, the whole thing is a crash course in the concepts of personal space and :siren: BOUNDARIES :siren: for terminal spergs like that absolute creep that they read at the end - what the hell do you expect?

All your concerns have been addressed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp_-6Y69-8Q

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Like Lemon (IIRC) said at the end, it's not so much about sex as a complete absence of sex and desperate willingness to just settle for any kind of human contact (preferably from ladies).

Klavarskribo
Feb 18, 2011
Here's my take on cuddle party, if you're wondering why I find the idea so creepy. The whole idea of cuddling is that it's something you do with a person you love, or at least have some sort of connection to. We feel comfortable in a cuddling situation because it's with someone who we trust and feel safe with. Cuddle Parties (TM) take the physical act of cuddling and separate it it from the context where it usually happens, basically going "Screw only cuddling with people you like, we're going to teach that being touchy-feely with strangers is exactly the same!". Imagine if people did this with sex. "Hey, I understand you only like to sleep with people you love. Well, I'm the Officially Certified Person who's here to teach you to tolerate being touched by everyone you meet!"

Cuddle Parties are the uncanny valley of physical contact. It's not sexual, but it's intimate enough I don't want to do it with strangers and that's why the whole free-for-all attitude creeps me out. Even if I wanted to cuddle with people I don't know, it certainly wouldn't be with people who need an hour long lesson about "boundaries" before the actual act. Add to this, there's the whole cutesy, saccharine vocabulary that just frankly just brings a whole new level of unpleasantness to the whole thing. Cuddle Monster and "puppy pile" is something you play with your kids, not other adults, just like adults don't say stuff like "I'm gonna go to the toilet and do a wee-wee with my pee-pee" to other adults.

You may take this as just me being So Finnish about the subject, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Loved the 'entire community based on backpedaling' and the 'this is not weird because you see I am really desperate' lines. Cuddlers seem to be in that camp OR the asexual camp, where sex is gross/traumatic/exploitative/whatever but in response to prohibition their biology is surreptitiously making toilet wine. I mean a cuddle party might have some therapeutic application but let's let your therapist make that call.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Therion posted:

By this logic the F Plus shouldn't make fun of fetishists as well since they too are weird people who don't hurt anyone (except for their own balls).

Just make fun of things for what they are. If you have an episode about cock/ball torture fetishists and make a joke in the closing statement about them hating their gender, then people are going to feel weird because it's a fetish thing and not a gender identity thing and you just brought gender identity into it. (Yeah I know my first post in this thread was about this, but you mentioned ball-crushing and it's the best example I personally have.) Likewise, if you have an episode about a weird intimate but platonic and sterilized group activity that's written about like it's something you'd do at a corporate retreat, make fun of it like it's a weird thing you'd see at a corporate retreat and don't roll your eyes at how it's obviously a weird sex thing while you're reading the product description or some people are going to feel kind of weird about it.

Feel free to roll your eyes at how clearly sexual those customer reviews at the end were, though. Even if it's not actually a sex thing for them, those people had some real hangups.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The idea is that sexual touching would be consensual (more or less, depending on whether you're supposed to be pushing your limits or not, based on which part of the FAQ you're reading at the moment), and that the obvious need for the Certified Cuddle Party Facilitators to spell everything out in triplicate shows just how certain it is. It's obviously not what's supposed to happen, and it's just as obvious that it'll happen anyway. At best, the whole thing is a crash course in the concepts of personal space and :siren: BOUNDARIES :siren: for terminal spergs like that absolute creep that they read at the end - what the hell do you expect?

And even in the ideal, completely sexless case, it's goddamn forced and creepy anyway. Human beings don't do that outside of this weird, contrived framework. Not even little kids do that, regardless of how much "inner child" bullshit these people want to believe about it.

Two things: One: Do you really need the scare quotes around boundaries? Yeah, cuddle parties are a bad place to learn about boundaries because societal pressures would lead to people doing things they aren't actually comfortable doing because what are you going to do, not cuddle at the cuddle party? If you're going to run a platonic orgy-equivalent (or just a plain old orgy, for that matter), you still need to make it painfully obvious that everyone should only do what their partner at the time wants them to do and if anyone doesn't they're going to be kicked out. If you can't do that, you have no business doing this kind of thing.

Two: Sperg? Really? It's 2015, do we really have to be insulting people by saying they have an officially recognized disorder? He's still a loving creep, just call him a loving creep and don't bring autism into it.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Do you really need the scare quotes around boundaries? Yeah, cuddle parties are a bad place to learn about boundaries because societal pressures would lead to people doing things they aren't actually comfortable doing because what are you going to do, not cuddle at the cuddle party? If you're going to run a platonic orgy-equivalent (or just a plain old orgy, for that matter), you still need to make it painfully obvious that everyone should only do what their partner at the time wants them to do and if anyone doesn't they're going to be kicked out.
Sirens aren't scare quotes, the cuddle parties are explicitly intended as a "place to learn about boundaries", and it's amazing that you can type the phrase "platonic orgy-equivalent" without realizing how amazingly terrible that idea is. No, I'm not going to cuddle at the cuddle party! I'm not going to be within a hundred miles of it!

He's still a loving creep, just call him a loving creep and don't bring autism into it.
Why not, when autism is the number one reason for a person to not "get" boundaries in the first place? I wasn't using it as a catchall insult; I was being completely literal.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 14, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I have no idea why some of you don't think 'we have big cuddle parties with strangers' isn't creepy and sad enough to be mocked just because they dress it up in 'no see it's teaching you to say no', you realize people are often full of poo poo right? Like, MRAs call their thing self help too. This is some weird pseudo-sexual thing that absolutely deserves to get called weird and creepy.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Sirens aren't scare quotes, the cuddle parties are explicitly intended as a "place to learn about boundaries", and it's amazing that you can type the phrase "platonic orgy-equivalent" without realizing how amazingly terrible that idea is. No, I'm not going to cuddle at the cuddle party! I'm not going to be within a hundred miles of it!

I'm not saying it's a good idea. I'm saying, if you do it and you don't care about boundaries you're a lovely person. Set up and enforce boundaries, who cares I'm not going anyway. Don't set up and enforce boundaries, congrats now your living room is full of non-consensual groping you shithead.

EDIT: I'm not saying it's still not worth laughing at if they care about boundaries. People do laughable poo poo all the time. I'm just saying, at least they're not complete shitheads.

quote:

Why not, when autism is the number one reason for a person to not "get" boundaries in the first place? I wasn't using it as a catchall insult; I was being completely literal.

It's still an insult based on autism, though. Like, gypped is rooted in anti-Roma racism. Saying "those Roma gypped me" doesn't make it not a racist term, it just means you're using it against the people it's supposed to be derogatory towards.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 14, 2015

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I don't think cuddle parties are a great idea, but I felt like they were making fun of a lot of the wrong things in this episode.

I've noticed that a few of the Ridiculists (Lemon in particular) jump straight to the "it's obviously a sex thing!" conclusion in cases when it's not correct, though after all the weird fetish episodes (especially the "plausible deniability" ones that're trying to trick people into indulging their fetish) it makes sense. It just becomes kind of tiresome when they're making jokes that totally miss the point.

The last part with the cuddle prostitutes was spot on. If that were the entire episode, it would've been a lot better.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm willing to bet 99% of people who attend cuddle parties are as gross and broken as the people they were reading at the end and if that doesn't explain to you everyone's revulsion about every tiny detail about this maybe this isn't the podcast for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

You seem like a fun and chill person.