Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
"Love your enemies?" Uh, contradiction much? I destroy my enemies, Jewish carpenter. I destroy them with logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Kilmers Elbow posted:

*cough* pssst...it's Landover Baptist *cough*

Ah, I had never heard of them. Should have looked into them more before posting... After seeing so many examples of people who say poo poo like this who are 100% serious, I thought I found a goldmine. gently caress.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Present posted:

Was there even a reason given for god owning Sodom and Gomorrah in the bible beyond "they were all sinners?"
this is old testament god we're talking about theyre lucky they werent smote for eating the wrong kind of shellfish or being too faithful to him or something

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Present posted:

Was there even a reason given for god owning Sodom and Gomorrah in the bible beyond "they were all sinners?"
Basically the people of Sodom were prideful dicks who didn't help the poor.

Ezekiel 16:49-50 posted:

‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me.'

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Those evil lieberals are preventing God's law from being put in place with their secular, heathen ways. The fact that we aren't stoning the gays to death in the street is proof that America is a terrible, sinful nation that must be forced to be more godly whether it wants it or not.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Pththya-lyi posted:

Basically the people of Sodom were prideful dicks who didn't help the poor.

Oh so like America?

STRIKE US DOWN OH MIGHTY GOD

No? Hello? Are you there? Hello? !?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Zombie Boat posted:

Oh so like America?

STRIKE US DOWN OH MIGHTY GOD

No? Hello? Are you there? Hello? !?

Our time is coming.

Longfellow posted:

Though the mills of God grind slowly;
Yet they grind exceeding small;
Though with patience He stands waiting,
With exactness grinds He all.

(yes, I am aware that what I am now posting is unironic thread material.)

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
To me, it’s ironic that when Bill Nye had a video segment in his program praising the technological advancement of the MRI, he was actually praising the work of a creation scientist, and unwittingly praising our Creator God!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Dear homosexual,

We are your fellow sinners and no better than you. We know this. We are saved from eternal torment, self-wrought, by the grace of Christ alone. If you are an unrepentant, “out and proud” homosexual practitioner, then you are not. It is our deepest prayer that you, too, will accept the free gift of eternal salvation, repent and “go and sin no more.”

The alternative is a living hell.

Let us be direct. According to the unequivocal moral precepts of biblical Christianity, explicit throughout both the Old and New Testaments, your homosexual behavior is sin. Sin is evil. Homosexual behavior is the central, defining characteristic of your counterfeit “gay marriage.” Therefore, “gay marriage” is evil. Christians are obligated to avoid sin – to “do no evil.” “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality. …” (1 Corinthians 6:9).

It really is that simple. This is why, as faithful Christians (apostate “Christians” notwithstanding), we will never have anything whatsoever to do with your pagan, sin-based “same-sex wedding” rituals.

We will not bake your fake wedding cake.

We will not arrange your fake wedding flowers.

We will not take your fake wedding pictures.

We will not host your fake wedding reception.

We will not do these things because to do these things is to disobey God. It is to aid you in your sin, to cause you to stumble, which, in and of itself, is to layer sin upon sin. “It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble” (Luke 17:2).

While we all fall short of His glory, the history of God’s people has shown that no unjust law presuming to force us to do otherwise, will ever make us disobey God in this or any other regard. We realize that forcing others to affirm that which offends God makes you feel better about your sin for a time. We also realize that it infuriates you when we refuse to join in as you attempt, ineffectively, to justify your wickedness by calling it “marriage.”

This is nothing new. We Christians have been infuriating pagans by refusing to bend on truth for over 2,000 years.

And we will continue to do so until Christ returns.

Children don’t like to be told “no.” They sometimes throw a fit when we don’t give them what they want. Still, when we know that some desire they may have is both wrong and harmful to them, we must tell them no.

They get over it.

You’ll get over it.

We’re telling you no because we love you with the love of Christ. But understand this: As we are so commanded, we must, and do, hate the evil conduct by which you define your identity. Sexual immorality – in this case self-destructive and disease-spreading sodomy, which violates the laws of nature and nature’s God – is a grave sin that will destroy you in both body and soul. You are deceived. It is not “who you are.” It is what you do.

And what you do is wrong. Period. Full stop.

If we as parents were to condone, support and even assist our children in the commission of a grave sin, of a wrong, what kind of parents would we be?

What kind of friend would we be to you if we condoned, supported or assisted you in the commission of your grave “gay marriage” sin?

Maybe this will help you to understand. Whereas, and while you may be in denial of this fact, sexual immorality is the central defining characteristic of your temptation-driven “gay” identity, Christ’s righteousness and our obedience to Him are, at least in part, central aspects of our Holy Spirit-gifted Christian identity.

You can financially ruin us, sue us, throw us in jail or even feed us to the lions, but we will never, under any circumstances, while empowered by the Holy Spirit, deliberately disobey God to please you or anyone else. “Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell” (Matthew 10:28).

Of late, we Christians are especially inspired by one of our Christian sisters (and others who face similar trials). She is leading by example in her obedience to Christ.

“If Rob walked in the store today, I would hug him and catch up on his life. The same faith that tells me that I can’t be a part of Rob’s wedding is the same faith that tells me to love him as Christ does.”

And with this graceful, compassionate and very truthful statement, Barronelle Stutzman, the elderly grandmother and floral artist who faces financial ruin at the hands of both homosexual activists and the state of Washington, has at once mirrored the love of Christ and exhibited the heart of a lion.

Ms. Stutzman is the victim of anti-Christian persecution and discrimination. Her case has garnered national attention and represents a microcosm of the cultural Marxist effort in America to silence Christian dissent and compel us to join in sin. Barronelle is being sued by homosexual practitioner and longtime customer Rob Ingersoll for politely declining to create the floral arrangements for his mock “gay wedding.” She has been charged by Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson.

Because of the tremendous negative publicity Ferguson’s and Ingersoll’s persecution of Ms. Stutzman has generated, Ferguson recently offered, via press release, to quickly settle the case for $2,000 – as long as Ms. Stutzman would surrender her Christian freedom and right of conscience and promise, going forward, to sin. That is, to take-part in sodomy-based “marriages.”

Again, and with characteristic grace and courage, she flatly declined.

“[This conflict] is about freedom, not money,” wrote Ms. Stutzman in reply to the offer. “I certainly don’t relish the idea of losing my business, my home, and everything else that your lawsuit threatens to take from my family, but my freedom to honor God in doing what I do best is more important. Washington’s constitution guarantees us ‘freedom of conscience in all matters of religious sentiment.’ I cannot sell that precious freedom. You are asking me to walk in the way of a well-known betrayer, one who sold something of infinite worth for 30 pieces of silver. That is something I will not do.”

Truth, in love.

Dear “gay” friend, you will one day realize, hopefully before it becomes too late, that you are not only on the wrong side of history, you are on the wrong side of eternity.

It breaks our hearts to see you there.

And so we refuse to help send you.

Sincerely,

The Christians

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How many monkeys have you seen evolve in your lifetime, or for that matter, in history books (not just a science book)? If your answer is that, that happened millions of years ago and no books existed, then tell me how old homo sapiens (wise) humans are? You say about 200,000 years. When and what was the first form of writing? (we actually agree on this) 3200 BC and Heiroglyphics (which is mainly drawing and symbols that depict a message) So you expect us all to swallow that it took wise humans approximately 197,000 years to accomplish this simple form of writing? Forgive me for saying so, but evolutionists are so stuck on their science that they forget concrete history.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
There is no god but God, and Muhammad is His Prophet.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

BossRighteous posted:

conservation of mass is loving crazy over an infinite timeline

this

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

i know someone that literally thinks obama is evil and is set out to destroy the world

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Agag posted:

There is no god but God, and Muhammad is His Biatch.

amirite

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Keep up the good work, Volume. It's nice to see the Son of the SJLAB thread keep moving along.

Hail Satan.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Praise Jesus

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Atheism is not a rational conclusion, rather it's a psychological condition. You put God in the same category as twenty-footed ghosts. What would you think of someone who spends hours on end denouncing twenty-footed ghosts? If you truly beleived that God did not exist, why have you spent so much time typing over 1,346 posts about a non-existing being? What would you think of someone posting 1,346 messages dennouncing twenty-footed ghosts on a website devoted to those who did not beleive in twenty-footed ghosts? One would think that you are obsessed like the lady in the story..

The two reason the whole world is not a follower of Christ is because of ignorance, and the bad example of bad Christians..

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Volume posted:

Atheism is not a rational conclusion, rather it's a psychological condition. You put God in the same category as twenty-footed ghosts. What would you think of someone who spends hours on end denouncing twenty-footed ghosts? If you truly beleived that God did not exist, why have you spent so much time typing over 1,346 posts about a non-existing being? What would you think of someone posting 1,346 messages dennouncing twenty-footed ghosts on a website devoted to those who did not beleive in twenty-footed ghosts? One would think that you are obsessed like the lady in the story..

The two reason the whole world is not a follower of Christ is because of ignorance, and the bad example of bad Christians..

I think it comes down to the fact that the whole god idea is shoved at us all the time. If there were followers of the 20 foot ghost out there trying to force us to live our lives they way they see fit, I would rail against them, too. Luckily, ghostians are not a dominant force in society. Sadly, christians are, and often attempt to throw their weight around. I have had many confrontations with creationists who want to interfere in my science classroom. It does tend to make one focused on the issue.

If they just would keep it to themselves, it would be fine, and atheists would not make a big deal about it. However, as I said, They attempt to interfere in our lives and we push back.

der_frawd
Jul 26, 2007

Today's Stupid poo poo jesus lovers actually believe

Arkansas State Rep Reportedly Gave Away His Adopted Daughters Because They Were ‘Possessed’
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/03/state-rep-gave-away-possessed-daughters.html

Video of the babysitter describing the household
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/story/web-extraharris-familys-former-babysitter-speaks/16230/yQ7lMluTI0KYGMGZSSLEig

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
***A MUST READ*** 
A man of 32 years, was smoking, while smoking 
his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the 
air and said:'God, that's for you.' 
He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a 
horrible manner. 
The man who built the Titanic 
After the construction of Titanic, a reporter 
asked him how safe the Titanic would be. 
With an ironic tone he said: 'Not even God can 
sink it' 
The result: I think you all know what happened 
to the Titanic 
Marilyn Monroe (Actress) 
She was visited by Billy Graham during a 
presentation of a show. 
He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach 
to her. 
After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she 
said: 
'I don't need your Jesus'. 
A week later, she was found dead in her 
apartment 
Bon Scott (Singer) 
The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 
1979 songs he sang: 
'Don't stop me; I'm going down all the way, 
down the highway to hell'. 
On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was 
found dead, he had been choked by his own 
vomit. 
Campinas (IN 2005) 
In Campinas , Brazil a group of friends, drunk, 
went to pick up a friend..... 
The mother accompanied her to the car and was 
so worried about the drunkenness of her friends 
and she said to the daughter holding her hand, 
who was already seated in the car: 
'My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect 
You.' 
She responded: 'Only If He (God) Travels In The 
Trunk, Cause Inside Here.....It's Already Full ' 
Hours later, news came by that they had been 
involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, 
the car could not be recognized what type of 
car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was 
intact. 
The police said there was no way the trunk could 
have remained intact. To their surprise, inside 
the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken 
Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist & 
entertainer) said the Bible (Word of God) was 
the worst book ever written. 
In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond 
recognition in her motor vehicle. 
Many more important people have forgotten 
that there is no other name that was given so 
much authority as the name of Jesus. 
Many have died, but only Jesus died and rise 
again, and he is still alive.... 
'Jesus' 
I have done my part by sharing this with you, 
Jesus said 'If you are embarrassed about me, 
I will also be embarrassed about you before my 
father.' 
You are my 8 in 8 seconds. I am not breaking 
this.. No way! 
I'M TOLD THIS WORKS!!!!! Bishop T..D. Jakes '8 
Second Prayer.' Just repeat this prayer and see 
how God moves!! 
'Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my 
heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and 
my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen.' 
As you pass this message 
You will receive a miracle tomorrow. I Hope that 
you don't ignore. 
God bless you as you share this divine message

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

der_frawd posted:

Today's Stupid poo poo jesus lovers actually believe

Arkansas State Rep Reportedly Gave Away His Adopted Daughters Because They Were ‘Possessed’
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/03/state-rep-gave-away-possessed-daughters.html

Video of the babysitter describing the household
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/story/web-extraharris-familys-former-babysitter-speaks/16230/yQ7lMluTI0KYGMGZSSLEig

It's a shame hell isn't real because he really should be there.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Agag posted:

"Love your enemies?" Uh, contradiction much? I destroy my enemies, Jewish carpenter. I destroy them with logic.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
In August 1769 lightning struck the tower of the Church of San Nazaro on Brescia, Italy. In the vaults of the church over 200,000 pounds of explosive was stored. The resulting explosion killed 3000 people and destroyed a large part of the city.

For many centuries gunpowder was stored in churches – there seems to have been a belief that the church bells prevented lightning. Unfortunately I guess the opposite is true – the tall steeples and towers on a church actually encourage lightning strikes. During thunder storms teams of men rang the bells in church towers in efforts to prevent thunderstorms. During the period 1753 to 1786 lightning killed 103 French bell ringers. A triumph of belief over evidence surely.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
theres nothing stupider than a xtian except, say, a mosselman. fucken IDIOTS. gently caress them. i dont believe in no ghosts...!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The concept of "mother nature" is not biblical. God created the heavens and the earth.

I don't have a problem with caring for what God gave us, but the environment shouldn't be a primary focus for Christians, in my opinion. God gave us the earth ... He sustains it, protects it and will ultimately destroy it.

This earth is not our home. Nothing is going to happen to this earth that isn't part of God's will or ultimate plan, no matter how many gasses I emit or plastic bottles I throw in my garbage can. I'm waiting for the new heaven and the new earth.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Alarmed by reports that more than half of those living in Los Angeles who are between the ages 18 to 34 are bilingual, Bryan Fischer declared on his radio program today that the fact that more and more people are speaking a language other than English in America is a sign of God's judgment upon this nation.

Seemingly unaware that the bilingual individuals profiled in the very article that he cited speak English in addition to another language, Fischer linked the rise of multilingualism in America to the story of the Tower of Babel in the book of Genesis in which God "confused the people with different languages" as punishment for their arrogance, saying that the same thing is now happening here.

"When God's judgment falls on a nation for turning its back on him," Fischer said, "one form that that judgment takes is that people lose their ability to talk to each other. It's a form and expression of God's judgment ... I believe God's judgment is beginning to settle in on this land in the form of linguistic isolation"

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Volume posted:

Alarmed by reports that more than half of those living in Los Angeles who are between the ages 18 to 34 are bilingual, Bryan Fischer declared on his radio program today that the fact that more and more people are speaking a language other than English in America is a sign of God's judgment upon this nation.

Seemingly unaware that the bilingual individuals profiled in the very article that he cited speak English in addition to another language, Fischer linked the rise of multilingualism in America to the story of the Tower of Babel in the book of Genesis in which God "confused the people with different languages" as punishment for their arrogance, saying that the same thing is now happening here.

"When God's judgment falls on a nation for turning its back on him," Fischer said, "one form that that judgment takes is that people lose their ability to talk to each other. It's a form and expression of God's judgment ... I believe God's judgment is beginning to settle in on this land in the form of linguistic isolation"

translation: "people speaking a language i don't understand in front of me makes me nervous. how do i know they're not saying bad things about me, or plotting against me somehow?!"

or to put it another way:

H.P. Lovecraft, The Horror at Red Hook posted:

The soul of the beast is omnipresent and triumphant, and Red Hook’s legions of blear-eyed, pockmarked youths still chant and curse and howl as they file from abyss to abyss, none knows whence or whither, pushed on by blind laws of biology which they may never understand.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
israel is germany in the 1930s and thats sad.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
My friend's family told me that the boy who was with us at the accident said he saw my friend smiling in a halo of holy light before she died. Yeah, no. That was the headlights of the car that killed her. I know. I was there and I barely jumped out of the way in time. That holy light shattered his leg and put him in surgery for 5 hours. Wonder how they spun that one.

I don't know what expression was on my face when he tried to tell me that at her funeral but I'm pretty sure it was pure loving horror. I had to leave because they kept grabbing my shoulders and trying to convert me while I stared at her body and wish I'd died instead. Here's a tip, trying to guilt-trip someone into Jesus's arms isn't cool. It's actually traumatizing as gently caress, especially since according to them I lived because I'm a dirty atheist and God wanted me to see his power or some poo poo so I'd believe.

gently caress you, I'll be twice the atheist now.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This month is Bullying Prevention Month, they say. Hmmmmm... Fascinating.

Maybe what they really mean is stop bullying the anti-god side? The contra-god types are entitled to bully theists? Is that it? By the look of how this is going down in the media and Hollywood, it appears that they turn a blind eye to their own side when their own bully theists and religion. As their prophet Bertrand Russell taught: for atheists to finally arrive at their golden age they need to destroy religion-dragon.

Let's see how many godless swarm to CARM to intimidate, harass, and otherwise bully Christians. Let's see how many come to our website to see if we'll cower and cave. Let's see how many will come into our home, invited here for discussions, and then try to turn everything upside down. Let's see how many come here to _ on our most sacred texts, our Holy Bible. Let's total up all the mockery and scorn and insults of our most sacred faith. Let's see how they twist prayer. Let's see how often they play the victim.

Fascinating phenomenon, that atheism-thingy.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If your so called "natural selection" exists, then howcome people don't have gills from using swimming pools regularly?

Your leading scientists claim that this evolution is simply adaptation in new environments, so why haven't we, who have been swimming for thousands of years developed anything. In facthow come we haven't changed at all for thousands of years.

There is only one answer: a little guy called Jesus Christ.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol "god".

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Volume posted:

If your so called "natural selection" exists, then howcome people don't have gills from using swimming pools regularly?

Your leading scientists claim that this evolution is simply adaptation in new environments, so why haven't we, who have been swimming for thousands of years developed anything. In facthow come we haven't changed at all for thousands of years.

There is only one answer: a little guy called Jesus Christ.

natural selection is not a mechanism in nature because of the logic of intention, peace out chumpoid

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread