Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Devil Wears Wings posted:

Better yet, why the gently caress does Euroland keep getting new Wii Classics and Amerikkka hasn't got anything since MPT. :argh:

We already have Punch-Out though...

MinibarMatchman posted:

why the gently caress does NA get yet another completely worthless 2D FZero instead of Zero Mission

GP Legend is a really good F-Zero game, so its not a complete loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Ah, I will never unravel the unknowable reasons for releasing different VC games at different times in different regions...

Zero Mission better be next week :arghfist:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Reggie: Mr. Iwata, or audience has expressed great interest in Metroid Zero Mission.
Iwata: F Zero mission huh? Give them F Zero the animated series game, that had mission mode.
Reggie: Yes Iwata sama
Iwata: Wait, close the door! My bile duct is vibrating, that means the ghost of Mr. Yamauchi is nearby.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ah, I will never unravel the unknowable reasons for releasing different VC games at different times in different regions...

Zero Mission better be next week :arghfist:

If it anything like the other 'EU gets it first titles', we won't get it for another six months.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

greatn posted:

Reggie: Mr. Iwata, or audience has expressed great interest in Metroid Zero Mission.
Iwata: F Zero mission huh? Give them F Zero the animated series game, that had mission mode.
Reggie: Yes Iwata sama
Iwata: Wait, close the door! My bile duct is vibrating, that means the ghost of Mr. Yamauchi is nearby.

You're weird.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Is the US region getting the 3d Classics sale soon/ever?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Welp, that was an expensive eShop update day.

Phoenix Wright Trilogy's sale price is 22.49, by the way. Dual Destinies was 17 and change, I forget the exact amount at the moment.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Time to figure out which Etrian Odyssey game I own to see if this sale is going to affect me. Let's see if I can get the 20 points I need for 300 coins, which would be for... Dillion's Rolling Western 2 I guess... I just have no interest in any of those other games. I already got KI:U, and need to play more of it, but Monhun and FFT:CC and LOZ:ALBW.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MinibarMatchman posted:

why the gently caress does NA get yet another completely worthless 2D FZero instead of Zero Mission

Because F-Zero is better than Metroid and has never had a bad game. Some people like different things, to me GP Legend is way more exciting than Zero Mission.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

actually zero mission is the best metroid game

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kaubocks posted:

Correct.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Kaubocks posted:

Incorrect.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of March 12):

NA update (week of March 12):

I wish NOA would list the sales prices for everything instead of just saying "on sale" but they never will.

Zero Mission is a must-buy, no excuses. F-Zero GP Legend is a hell of a lot better than Maximum Velocity and arguably the best 2D F-Zero. Punch-Out does require a Wiimote to play, even though it can and should be played entirely with button presses. Sorry!

Outrun is eternal, and all those discounted (in PAL-land) Sega 3D Classics are worth picking up, too.

50 Pinch Barrage is a game by Masanobu Endou, the famous-in-Japan developer who made Xevious and Tower of Druaga, and it looks like a goofy bullshit-filled tribute to Pitfall.

How is GP Legend better than Maximum Velocity? I enjoyed Maximum Velocity on the GBA but never played GP Legend. Is there enough single player content to make up for lack of multiplayer due to VC?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah ok I just spent about €60 on the eShop

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Spacebump posted:

How is GP Legend better than Maximum Velocity? I enjoyed Maximum Velocity on the GBA but never played GP Legend. Is there enough single player content to make up for lack of multiplayer due to VC?

For one thing it has all the cars from F Zero X. I recall the tracks being better than Maximum Velocity too.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Does anyone know if Phoenix Wright Trilogy on 3DS is not a complete clusterfuck like it was on the iOS?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Do not even ask posted:

Does anyone know if Phoenix Wright Trilogy on 3DS is not a complete clusterfuck like it was on the iOS?

It is not a complete clusterfuck at all. It plays pretty much exactly like the DS versions of the games, with the iOS "hd" sprites.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Kaubocks posted:

I Disagree!

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Everyone in this thread complaining about getting an F-Zero game on VC this week is a piece of poo poo.

Spacebump posted:

GP Legend is like a combination of the 2D and 3D styles of F-Zero. It has the aesthetic of the SNES game, but the boost=life mechanic and side attacks from X/GX are in it. It's also got a doofy story mode in addition to the usual grand prix mode, and a bitchin' F-Zero X style soundtrack.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Do not even ask posted:

It's only a clusterfuck in the sense that the game will gently caress with your brain. No technical issues that I could detect whatsoever. Graphics looked clean, music was lovely, touchscreen controls super responsive. You can even yell into the mic for OBJECTION!s

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mabels big day posted:

It is not a complete clusterfuck at all. It plays pretty much exactly like the DS versions of the games, with the iOS "hd" sprites.
But also with like 4 times as many frames of animation as the ios version.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So if I bought Shantae and the Pirate's curse last night, unaware that it was about to go on sale, do I have any recourse on getting refunded the sale difference or is it too bad for me?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Most likely too bad for you...which is why you should wait a bit for game prices to go down for everything except mario games and the more well known rpgs.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Yeah, Nintendo isn't exactly equipped to be like Amazon when it comes to things like this.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
I've never played a Phoenix Wright game should I buy the Trilogy or Dual Destinies

TheThirst
Oct 26, 2006

Lately I've been feeling drained--I only wish to be entertained

Jadaris posted:

I've never played a Phoenix Wright game should I buy the Trilogy or Dual Destinies

Trilogy. Dual Destinies was weaker than those games, and I think it'll make more sense/be more funny if you know the characters. Plus it's 3 games in one so it'll last you a very long time.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jadaris posted:

Trilogy, and if you like it then check out the other games in the seriee.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Looks like Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is also on sale on 3DS for only $5!

But uh... http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/real_heroes_firefighter_3d

Xenomrph posted:

So if I bought Shantae and the Pirate's curse last night, unaware that it was about to go on sale, do I have any recourse on getting refunded the sale difference or is it too bad for me?
It's a $5 difference

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cardboard Box A posted:

Looks like Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is also on sale on 3DS for only $5!

But uh... http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/real_heroes_firefighter_3d

It's a $5 difference
$5 is basically a free game if we're talking the NES/Game Boy back catalog.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
$5 is both Mighty Switch Forces

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

noirstronaut posted:

$5 is both Mighty Switch Forces
Are those worth getting at that price, by the way? I dig platformers and I've enjoyed other Wayforward games a lot.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Xenomrph posted:

Are those worth getting at that price, by the way? I dig platformers and I've enjoyed other Wayforward games a lot.

Yeah, they're pretty rad. They're more puzzle platformers than anything, and very short games. They're actually going for a total of $3 for both right now ($1.49 each) so even if you end up hating, no big loss.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
If you like games where you figure out what to do, and then try to have a perfect run, the Mighty Switch Force games are fun because you'll want to beat the par times. If you just try to beat each level once they might not be great but still good at that price.

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...
I loved the first mighty switch force when it came out on 3ds, and then after the second one came out I drunkenly downloaded the same one again on wii u by mistake - thinking hyper drive was the second one. Now I will be downloading the real second one! And some megadrive 3D games!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I can't believe I'd never looked into Mighty Switch Force before, I watched a gameplay video and it looks extremely my poo poo

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I'm actually pretty pleased with the sales/cross buy stuff they've been doing recently. Still several years being the competition but I'm finally gonna get Ace Attorney Trilogy and both Mighty Switch Force games for like $25. Cool.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Balcony posted:

I loved the first mighty switch force when it came out on 3ds, and then after the second one came out I drunkenly downloaded the same one again on wii u by mistake - thinking hyper drive was the second one. Now I will be downloading the real second one! And some megadrive 3D games!

Hyper Drive has different graphics and more content then the first on 3DS so you didn't completely waste your money. I'm really digging it so far.

Between all the sales and Club Nintendo prizes, I now have way too many games to play now. Thanks Nintendo.:argh:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

#FirstWorldProblems

Speaking of which, I need 115 more coins to get Platinum status in Club Nintendo.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Xenomrph posted:

#FirstWorldProblems

Speaking of which, I need 115 more coins to get Platinum status in Club Nintendo.

Find a copy of Ninja Gaiden 3 at Walmart. $7 and 60 coins instantly, possibly another 10 for post play in a week. It was in stock at every Walmart a few minutes out of town for me. You will have to price match with walmart.com or go to the site and pick up in store if the manager gives you any trouble.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Games you get as Club Nintendo rewards still give post-play surveys right? I used some coins to get Metroid II the other day and it says it registered but I'm guessing I don't get the survey until a week after?

After some digging I did find registration cards for Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia and Tetris DS though, with those coins/post-play surveys and the ones I can get from reward post-play surveys I only need 10 more coins to be able to get one last 150 coin reward, I already have the best two (Metroid II and Donkey Kong) so it's a choice between the two Mario Lands or Mario's Picross I suppose.