Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Which slot 2 upgrade do you guys think is best for the Amagi(tier 8 BB)? 20% more range on AA guns, 10% faster reload/15% aiming on main guns, or more accuracy on main guns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

squidflakes posted:

Awwww gently caress yes!

So how is the making GBS threads on wheraboo/weeaboo pubbies minigame in World of Battlebotes? Are the forums just as thick with ignorance and racism?

The two forum threads I looked at were full of anime avatars/sigs, mostly related to that Kantai Collection thing or whatever it's called

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

YellerBill posted:

The two forum threads I looked at were full of anime avatars/sigs, mostly related to that Kantai Collection thing or whatever it's called

Will Wargaming ever produce a game that doesn't have some lovely masturbation fantasy anime associated with it?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

squidflakes posted:

Will Wargaming ever produce a game that doesn't have some lovely masturbation fantasy anime associated with it?

I sure hope not.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

squidflakes posted:

This is a game featuring Imperial Japan in a way that pretends the IJN wasn't hopelessly outclassed and didn't have leadership so dysfunctional the Galactic Empire would tell them to calm down and attend team-building exercises. Weeaboos are going to be a thing.

AMINAL
Dec 6, 2014

Gamesguy posted:

Which slot 2 upgrade do you guys think is best for the Amagi(tier 8 BB)? 20% more range on AA guns, 10% faster reload/15% aiming on main guns, or more accuracy on main guns?

Faster reload/aim easily

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

squidflakes posted:

No, these weirdos go hand in hand with the WW2 game genre. The only course of action is to embrace the opportunities to troll it provides.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Accuracy can also be pretty sweet. Dropping tighter salvoes is pretty nice in longer range duels. Experiment.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Fart Car '97 posted:

No, these weirdos go hand in hand with the WW2 game genre. The only course of action is to embrace the opportunities to troll it provides.

Right, so just replace all the Nazi war criminal trolling from WoT with poo poo about katanas and samauri being notorious boy fuckers.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
At the start of battles just tap 2 to select AP. Tapping again will unload the HE and load AP without having to shoot.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

squidflakes posted:

Right, so just replace all the Nazi war criminal trolling from WoT with poo poo about katanas and samauri being notorious boy fuckers.

I just say that a historically accurate kancolle would be a snuff film.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Gamesguy posted:

The reload one makes your guns turn slower, Wargaming didn't write the descriptions well.
Tier 5s and 6s fart out credits in a way that puts Type 59s to shame so it's easy to experiment.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Gamesguy posted:

I think that's slower reload, faster aiming. It could be worded better.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

squidflakes posted:

Also, Imperial Japanese war criminal trolling. The Japanese were just as bad as the Nazis in most regards and worse in some.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
So do they expect you to buy gold if you want to get premium/try out premium ships? Or is there another way?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Cythereal posted:

Also, Imperial Japanese war criminal trolling. The Japanese were just as bad as the Nazis in most regards and worse in some.

Just a quick google search and already there is poo poo about cannibalism and using live prisoners for target practice.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I don't think you'll get american nerds all that riled up by saying that Nanking did in fact happen.

Talk about how a young girl like Shimakaze shouldn't dress like that instead.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

AMINAL posted:

Faster reload/aim easily

Wait nm, it actually slows reload by 10%. Went with main gun accuracy.

Gamesguy fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 13, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

xthetenth posted:

Accuracy can also be pretty sweet. Dropping tighter salvoes is pretty nice in longer range duels. Experiment.

More sweet sweet citadel hits, ships bursting into flames and my favorite.. racking someone and obliterating their ship then being called a hacker using Warpack like that tool did to me last night.

Adventure Pigeon posted:

So do they expect you to buy gold if you want to get premium/try out premium ships? Or is there another way?

They are going to give people piasters to cash in free xp, buy premium botes or masturbate while you look at your warchest pile up.

Seriously gently caress the premium ships, get a St. Louis and elite it, buy the mods and skill up the crew then poo poo on everyone that comes into your sights. We are not kidding that ship is tits. I drat near killed a full health tier 5 BB with that. They could neither reload or turn fast enough to keep up with me while I vomited fire into to. If it wasn't for someone coming out to help I would have killed it.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 13, 2015

SuperSix
Aug 22, 2012
Wait is battles only co-op or is that only for the first game

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
first game, you have to unlock pvp.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

demonR6 posted:

More sweet sweet citadel hits, ships bursting into flames and my favorite.. racking someone and obliterating their ship then being called a hacker using Warpack like that tool did to me last night.

They are going to give people piasters to cash in free xp, buy premium botes or masturbate while you look at your warchest pile up.

Seriously gently caress the premium ships, get a St. Louis and elite it, buy the mods and skill up the crew then poo poo on everyone that comes into your sights. We are not kidding that ship is tits. I drat near killed a full health tier 5 BB with that. They could neither reload or turn fast enough to keep up with me while I vomited fire into to. If it wasn't for someone coming out to help I would have killed it.

I loved the St Louis back on the beta weekends. I'm interested in getting the kitakami and grinding for the Baltimore/Des Moines, which means getting premium would help a lot.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

babby kitakami

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

demonR6 posted:

skill up the crew

So dumb question, how the gently caress do you know what your crews level is? I looked for something similar to WoT in the UI but didn't see anything so figured crews weren't a thing?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

BadLlama posted:

So dumb question, how the gently caress do you know what your crews level is? I looked for something similar to WoT in the UI but didn't see anything so figured crews weren't a thing?

You unlock captains at account level 5.

SuperSix
Aug 22, 2012
jesus ive had 5x as much fun playing my first game as WoT.

So if i like torps then Japanese destroyers are the way to go?

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

SuperSix posted:

jesus ive had 5x as much fun playing my first game as WoT.

So if i like torps then Japanese destroyers are the way to go?

Japanese cruisers, too. You can lay down lots of torps at long range and just kind of turn a lot of channels into minefields for the enemy team. You don't even have to aim them well at long range, because if someone stumbles into one, there's a good chance they won't turn fast enough to avoid it. Torp spotting distance is very low.

I don't know if I should be using HE shells against carriers, but I do know it's hilarious when I shoot HE into their below deck and watch them burst into flames.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Japanese cruisers have pretty short ranged torps. The destroyers have the nutso stuff. US destroyers don't have awful torpedoes either, especially early when they use torps on the sides rather than middle and have a ghetto reload.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

When I approach carriers/Battleships in my destroyer I fling HE at them to try and light them on fire and get them to use their kit before hitting them with torpedoes.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Are any of the torpedo tubes fixed or do they all have the ability to be rotated?

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Didn't realise this game had hit closed beta. Is there any way at all to get a closed beta for this now, or am i too late? :(

SuperSix
Aug 22, 2012

Jaroslav posted:

Didn't realise this game had hit closed beta. Is there any way at all to get a closed beta for this now, or am i too late? :(

i only applied yesterday and got a code today, so it might still work

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

SuperSix posted:

i only applied yesterday and got a code today, so it might still work

Applications are closed apparently

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

TheDemon posted:

I do like how even the lower tier ships can just wreck a badly played upper tier ship. That said that'll even out as the CBT goes on, so get in while the going is good.

This is what makes the game beautiful, the tiers are softer here and not set in stone as they are in WoT where a tier V should always lose to a T8.

A couple torps, a few crits and you can still do good even against superior opponents.

SuperSix
Aug 22, 2012

Jaroslav posted:

Applications are closed apparently

drat, the signup thing on http://worldofwarships.com/ doesnt work?

I got in pretty late in comparison to everyone else, so unless they stopped today, might be worth a try

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
What did it take to get reward tier II?

No piasters for me :saddowns: I only played in one beta weekend but I probably played around 50 battles...

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

SuperSix posted:

drat, the signup thing on http://worldofwarships.com/ doesnt work?

I got in pretty late in comparison to everyone else, so unless they stopped today, might be worth a try

Apparently the EU signup is closed but the US one isn't, so il sign up for the US one and hope i get in to pass the time before EU, hehe

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Ok, I think I'm getting the hang of the Phoenix now:

This thing is freaking sweet, while it has fewer guns than the St.Louis, their layout is such and the ship is so nimble that it's pretty easy to keep laying consistent fire on target while I wiggle around between islands like a (rather big) weasel. I mostly just save the torps for those "Oh poo poo" moments or when I spot a particularly oblivious pubbie.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
I applied to the beta several months back, didn't get in. 2hrs ago I got a mail telling me NOW was the time to apply for the beta! (wat) and a button with a link to click to apply. So I clicked and applied! Now more waiting...
(Link's apparently a one-off thing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuco22
Jul 11, 2013
Usually gift vehicles are sorta poo poo but i'm really liking the Iwaki.