Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
So Kerem Bulut's been arrested for intimidation at a local Maccas.

quote:

Western Sydney Wanderers striker Kerem Bulut has been charged with intimidation following an incident at a McDonald's in Sydney's west.

The 23-year-old, who joined the Wanderers this season after more than four years abroad, was charged after an incident at the Auburn fast food restaurant the night before. McDonald's is also a sponsor of the Western Sydney Wanderers.

It is understood Bulut was at McDonald's with a group of friends at 7:30pm on Tuesday when the staff allegedly asked them to leave.

The group allegedly told the store manager that they should take the argument outside to the carpark.

Police investigated the incident with Bulut presenting himself to Auburn police station at 4pm on Wednesday - only hours before his side was due to play Melbourne City at Parramatta's Pirtek Stadium.

He was charged with one count of intimidation and was granted conditional bail.

Seems like a bit of a nothing charge to me but drat the guy can't keep out of trouble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shmoses posted:

So Kerem Bulut's been arrested for intimidation at a local Maccas.

Seems like a bit of a nothing charge to me but drat the guy can't keep out of trouble

I am completely unsurprised that a WSW player is a thug oval office who needs an ankle bracelet.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Lol, what a muppet

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Man A league players eat a shitload of maccas

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone in Sydney know what pubs in the CBD that will be showing the WSW/Victory match tonight instead of the more popular but more poo poo NRL?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Alex_R posted:

Anyone in Sydney know what pubs in the CBD that will be showing the WSW/Victory match tonight instead of the more popular but more poo poo NRL?

Who knows, but WSW are shite so it's not a massive loss.

2-0 to MV so far.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MiniSune posted:

Who knows, but WSW are shite so it's not a massive loss.

2-0 to MV so far.

Found one and yes holy poo poo are they crap

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Worst-en Shitney Blunderers

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Bogan Krkic posted:

Worst-en Shitney Blunderers

Western Sydney Warcriminals

I said all along they were a poo poo club carried by cap and visa exemptions and it feels good to be right. Now we just need them to go belly up like the giants.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Welcome to this weeks Hyundai A-League gameS of the week on Fox Sports 2, that right folks we have two games airing this week within a 24 hour period with the first one being Wellington Phoenix taking on Perth Glory starting later tonight/early tomorrow at 6:30am est/5:30am cst/3:30am pst and the next one being Brisbane Roar taking on Sydney FC starting at 2am est/1am cst/11pm pst. First game is on the 14th and the 2nd game is on the 15th for the east coast and midwest while the west coast get both games on the 14th. Also it's the start of Daylight saving time here in the states and most of the country "springs" ahead on hour so games now start a hour later since you guys haven't started yet and some of your states hates your farmers and don't do DST.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
In a few more weeks our DST ends so the difference drives us another hour apart.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

Western Sydney Warcriminals

I said all along they were a poo poo club carried by cap and visa exemptions and it feels good to be right. Now we just need them to go belly up like the giants.

vindicated at last...

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

MiniSune posted:

In a few more weeks our DST ends so the difference drives us another hour apart.

What DST, you silly southerners and your silly time changing.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
To be fair to WSW, I think we really need to look at bigger squad sizes in the A-League as it's really difficult otherwise for our teams to compete on two fronts, especially when the other ACL teams have such massive budgets. WSW have been coping with near constant travel, fixture congestion, injuries and a small squad. Every A-League team suffers after playing in the ACL.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Mustafa posted:

To be fair to WSW, I think we really need to look at bigger squad sizes in the A-League as it's really difficult otherwise for our teams to compete on two fronts, especially when the other ACL teams have such massive budgets. WSW have been coping with near constant travel, fixture congestion, injuries and a small squad. Every A-League team suffers after playing in the ACL.

Yeah those ACL fixtures really hurt a A league side's chances. WSW are just poo poo

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
It's hard to feel sympathy when your own club has been rogered a heap of times with ACL and no relief, and it seems everyone bent over for WSW.

One wonders if Adelaide could have bagged it if they got the same treatment.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

MiniSune posted:

It's hard to feel sympathy when your own club has been rogered a heap of times with ACL and no relief, and it seems everyone bent over for WSW.

One wonders if Adelaide could have bagged it if they got the same treatment.

If adelaide could sign more of toadboy's kids from europe they would walk it imo

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
joel griffiths is still alive?

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck off

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ronniegardocki posted:

joel griffiths is still alive?
haunting newcastle

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
kablamo

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Jesus Christ the Jets are bad. Imagine letting David Williams score like that.

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
gently caress this

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
The Glory are frauds and shitcloggers

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Mustafa posted:

The Glory are frauds and shitcloggers

true

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mustafa posted:

Jesus Christ the Jets are bad. Imagine letting David Williams score like that.
gonna get a nice wooden spoon to scoop out the rest of our dignity

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
We're gonna win the league.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed that game and Phoenix are cool and good

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Sydney win another 5-4.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
it was an extremely entertaining game and im glad sydney fc won imo

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Alex_R posted:

it was an extremely entertaining game and im glad sydney fc won imo

As a roar fan I was sad but it wasn't a bad match the way most roar losses have been this season

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
All the penalties were poo poo penalties that shouldn't have been given imo.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Lol we are top of the league and a bunch of Australians want to kick us out of the competition.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Ewar Woowar posted:

Lol we are top of the league and a bunch of Australians want to kick us out of the competition.

I've never seen a single person who can actually explain why they want this, nor even met someone who holds this opinion. NZ and Australia are so closely related culturally and linguistically it would be to the detriment of both countries to not cross participate. If anything, I'd want more NZ teams making the top flight in order to help tap into the markets that aren't attracted to Phoenix. I believe a true NZ rivalry could grow the league and promote NZ soccer in Aus.

We need more stable, viable teams. We can't exclude teams because they aren't Strayan enough

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Tongues posted:

I've never seen a single person who can actually explain why they want this, nor even met someone who holds this opinion. NZ and Australia are so closely related culturally and linguistically it would be to the detriment of both countries to not cross participate. If anything, I'd want more NZ teams making the top flight in order to help tap into the markets that aren't attracted to Phoenix. I believe a true NZ rivalry could grow the league and promote NZ soccer in Aus.

We need more stable, viable teams. We can't exclude teams because they aren't Strayan enough

Yeah it makes gently caress all sense money wise and I'm sure the only people who want us gone just don't like the competition.

Funnily enough the same conversation was had when the Warriors were doing well in the NRL

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I don't think I have met someone who doesn't want the phoenix in the a league

Personally I want wellington to win it all this season because it will piss off the AFC and if the roar aren't going to win then at least it isn't some lovely south of the tweed cunts winning either.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Why do we focus on expanding the A League in Queensland when an entire country currently only has one team?

Ewar Woowar, what would be a good NZ rival team for the Nix?

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Why do we focus on expanding the A League in Queensland when an entire country currently only has one team?

As a follow on for all of us who are talking about soccer whilst taking shits at work, has NZ soccer had similar tensions and ethnic divides as Aus?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I would hate for us to have another team from NZ in the A League. Mainly because we don't have a lot of talent over here and two teams would divide what little we have. The other reason is that Auckland would be the only city that should have a team but we've shown (twice) we're a bunch of fairweather pussies who don't support our team. Auckland also doesn't have a good stadium to play at. North Harbour is in a bad location and is a souless little stadium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cheers Woowar, that makes sense.

Shame though. If only NZ took soccer a quarter as seriously as it did Union, you might have some more players :)

• Locked thread