Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will choke away the Super Bowl this year
Dubs
human being Guy
Dave
Havoc
Waah
Yuzenn
I'm gay
the CPU
View Results

• Locked thread
Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
GG Yuzenn I was getting suffocated until Madden decided it was time for my guys to catch some ints. Fairly was eating triple blocks and still stuffing my running game, and I threw a bunch of bullets right at your LBers. The only thing that saved me was pretty decent containment against Charles and two late 4th down conversions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Cowboys/jags/raiders get their CPU games in we advance.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Yah, GG man thats a good comeback...I just wish I had that pick six back and that Maclin TD that was WIDE open that got overthrowed.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
:siren: Week 16 :siren:

Colts/Jags

Raiders/cpu
Seattle/cpu
Jets/cpu
Tampa/cpu
Titans/cpu
Cowboys/cpu

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I'll play my game tonight. The Cowboys are on the road to having the greatest offense ever. Blount as already topped the single season rushing record and is within a couple of touchdowns for most touchdowns in a season. Manziel as already topped the season passing and touchdown record. Dez almost has the single most receiving yards in a season record (although the Jets WR is blowing everyone else away with the TDs by a receiver). This is what happens when you play CPU opponents something like 15 of your 16 regular season games.

I have a feeling this team will be like the 98 Vikings though and lose in either the Divisional or Championship round.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

I'll play my game tonight. The Cowboys are on the road to having the greatest offense ever. Blount as already topped the single season rushing record and is within a couple of touchdowns for most touchdowns in a season. Manziel as already topped the season passing and touchdown record. Dez almost has the single most receiving yards in a season record (although the Jets WR is blowing everyone else away with the TDs by a receiver). This is what happens when you play CPU opponents something like 15 of your 16 regular season games.

I have a feeling this team will be like the 98 Vikings though and lose in either the Divisional or Championship round.

I played 15/16 cpu games and wont sniff a record because everyone keeps getting loving injured :mad:

Not one skill position player except Vernon Davis has stayed healthy all year. I think I hit the Playoffs without RG3.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I hope Luck destroying his kneecap won't affect my ability to trade him in the offseason.

Anyway it's time for the Mettenberger experience. Threw 2 TDs to Jeffery and had one of my best offense games with Doug Martin going for over 100. My defense still sucks and almost gave away my lead.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Yuzenn rolls up 500 yards of total offense on me and I turned the ball over 6 times. Nuff Said.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

The Piper posted:

Yuzenn rolls up 500 yards of total offense on me and I turned the ball over 6 times. Nuff Said.

Good game though, you were on the comeback trail but I'm pretty sure you QB's confidence was in the shitter after all those sacks and INTs and lamed ducked that pass at the end for the final INT.

Those blitzes are a bit unnerving....it forced me to be a whole lot more aggressive throwing the ball but the middle of the field was wide open deep.

That pick six right after getting a pick on the goal line was....:cmon:

I'm proud of my D's development this season...last season there was no pass rush and I hardly got turnovers, but this year the linebackers are going HAM and the cornerbacks are playing extremely well and its allowing me to blitz from different places and manually cover some of the shorter routes.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Waiting on the Raiders then we go to week 17.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Okay ready, jeez even this league is moving lightning fast.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

:siren: Week 17 :siren:

Titans/Jags

Everybody else vs the CPU.

Play em fast and we get playoffs.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Dear lord, I have a game against Thompson tonight in the other league and have to work all day so I might not get to it until tomorrow.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

davecrazy posted:

:siren: Week 17 :siren:

Titans/Jags

Everybody else vs the CPU.

Play em fast and we get playoffs.

The AFC is loving wild....more than likely the winner of the AFC south is going to a wild card game, and possibly with one loss.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

The 4 wild card teams are coming out of two divisions.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Tampa locks up a bye at 15-1. The rookie they started the last 6 games was awful and would get shredded by a user, only completing 50% of his passes thanks to a ragtag WR group who dropped nearly all of the passes sent their way.

Ill enter divisional round with a healthy squad.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Jags wanna play today?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
For some reason I thought Luck was done for the year but he was back for my game. Decided to stay up and play it last night and I may have fell asleep during it at some point.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Jags/Titans is the only thing between us and the playoffs.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Bonham posted:

Jags wanna play today?

sorry I was MIA over the weekend. Can you play tonight?

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

The Piper posted:

sorry I was MIA over the weekend. Can you play tonight?

Yeah when is good for you

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Bonham posted:

Yeah when is good for you

8pm EST thru 11pm or so

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
ugughghghghghghgh loving alfred morris 6 yards 6 yards 6 yards 6 yards

gg have some ints

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I wish I could take more credit for those 5 picks but David Carr was just off all game. At least 3 of those, you had open receivers and Carr just overthrew them for INTs.

Jags win the AFC South and lock up a bye. Not too shabby for a team that missed the playoffs their first 2 seasons. If Bonham had just kicked a FG in OT in our first game instead of McNabbing it up there would have been a 3 way tie atop the AFC South with each team splitting their games against each other. I would have liked to see how Madden broke that tie.

GG Bonham.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Wild Card!

Yuzenn @ Paperback
Valtar @ CPU
Bonham @ cpu

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I should have time to play after the draft tomorrow. Now to just not get shut out by you this time..

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Paperback Writer posted:

I should have time to play after the draft tomorrow. Now to just not get shut out by you this time..

Not gonna lie I might be on battlefield all night but I'll carve out some time for tomorrow late night.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Since we have to wait a day or so for the playoffs...

:siren: NFL Honors :siren:

MVP - QB Johnny Manziel
Coach of the year - Butternubs (NFC) Fiveaces (AFC)

AFC
Offensive PoY - Jets WR Goodwin
Defensive PoY - Titans DT Donald

Offensive RoY - Jags QB Bruce Scott
Defensive RoY - Bengals LOLB Elbert Charles

Best QB - Jets Delbert Colbert
Best RB - Colts Jamaal Charles
Best WR - Jets Marquise Goodwin
Best OL - Jets Larry Warford (Jets had 4 of the top 10)
Best DL - Titans Aaron Donald
Best DB - Chiefs Joe Haden
Best K - Jets Zach Hocker

NFC
Offensive PoY - Cowboys QB Manziel (Cowboys had the top 3 guys)
Defensive PoY - Cowboys ROLB Cliff Avril

Offensive RoY - Bears HB Karrington Peppers
Defensive RoY - Cardinals FS Jaylen Graves

Best QB - Manziel
Best RB - Cowboys HB LeGarrette Blount
Best WR - Cowboys Dez Bryant
Best OL - Bucs Russel Okung (4 Bucs in the top 10, 3 Cowboys)
Best DL - Cowboys Israel Bray
Best DB - Saints Tim Jenning
Best K - Cowboys Josh Scobee

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

My rookie QB winning AFC OROY resulted in so much XP that he went from a 81 to a 91 OVR during the wild card week. Feels good,

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Paperback Writer posted:

You going to be free tonight? I got room for a singular game before Battlefield draws my attention again

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Yuzenn posted:

You going to be free tonight? I got room for a singular game before Battlefield draws my attention again
Does 11 EST work for you?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Paperback Writer posted:

Does 11 EST work for you?

Perfect, ill be online playing BF until then

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Colts 7 - 42 Raiders
Yuzenn opened up the game with a 1 minute TD drive and it wasn't looking good. But I got a quick TD and Tannehill caught the INT bug bad. Like our last game it was pretty one sided and probably not fun for you. Hopefully our next game is a close one in the 4th!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

:siren: Divisional Round :siren:

Titans/Jets
Cowboys/Cpu
Raiders/Jaguars
Bucs/Seattle

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
who the hell is seattle in this league again

E: oh it's the guy who im trading QBs with next season :v:

Valtar, when?

i can play now if you want, I see you on.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Mar 19, 2015

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm so loving tired hopefully i dont fall asleep

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly I feel kinda bad, you played very well and got some maddening.

I really think youll be a monster next season with rg3, because Luck was ridiculous to stop.

E: Tampa sets the stage for a playoff rematch that decides the NFC Super Bowl contender, beating Seattle 27-14 on a game much closer than the final score.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Mar 19, 2015

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dubious posted:

Honestly I feel kinda bad, you played very well and got some maddening.

I really think youll be a monster next season with rg3, because Luck was ridiculous to stop.

It was a fun game. I thought I got that 4th down for sure. My defense actually played better then I expected but Murray was hard to stop in the second half. I don't know what defense you were calling in the 4th but on that screen play where your entire defense engulfed Doug Martin I panicked and couldn't stop laughing. I don't know if it's my OLine being garbage or you run committing a lot but your DLine was in my backfield a lot. I'm excited to retool after this year to make it more my team. A lot of the problems I had this year was a ton of guys with confidence problems when I took over the team.

If I dont throw that terrible pick six it probably would have been closer.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 19, 2015

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Paperback, can you play tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

The Piper posted:

Paperback, can you play tonight?
Yeah I can go pretty much whenever today.

• Locked thread