Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
God I hope Carly pisses away the rest of her money chasing her non-existent 'chance'.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx
Honestly, how many people are going to look at that headline and not realize that Carly Fiorina is even running for the Republican nomination? Aren't they going to think the destroyer of HP is running as a Democrat?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

My god, two wealthy white women kinda look like each other, especially when posed for book covers?! Well that does it. Hillary's done.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

MC Nietzche posted:

Honestly, how many people are going to look at that headline and not realize that Carly Fiorina is even running for the Republican nomination? Aren't they going to think the destroyer of HP is running as a Democrat?

TBH I had to look her up to remember who she was.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Nessus posted:

My god, two wealthy white women kinda look like each other, especially when posed for book covers?! Well that does it. Hillary's done.

Hillary's book has almost the same title as a wannabe who will never get the Republican nomination. Welp. Time to wrap it up and accept Democratic nominee Thomas Carcetti Martin O'Malley.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Huckabee's "campaign" seems to be going well, for him.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
What do you call something like that? A DVD tour?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Joementum posted:

My compliments to Google on devizing a bayesian that somehow doesn't flag GOP grifts as spam.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Learn Our History LLC

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
"And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. Whereafter shouldst thou send to him one cloke more upon the close of each fortnight, for the low price of 11.95 denarii with shipping and handling charged moreover. This charge may'st thou autobill convenientwise to his account of credit until such time as he appeals to thee in writing of his desire to annul the aforementioned subscription to thy cloke service."

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Joementum posted:

Huckabee's selling revisionist history DVDs with a negative-option billing scam? Republicans.png

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

VitalSigns posted:

"And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. Whereafter shouldst thou send to him one cloke more upon the close of each fortnight, for the low price of 11.95 denarii with shipping and handling charged moreover. This charge may'st thou autobill convenientwise to his account of credit until such time as he appeals to thee in writing of his desire to annul the aforementioned subscription to thy cloke service."

And on the third day he billed again.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

Somebody's missing his steady paycheck already :allears:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I kind of dislike calling Clinton dynastic. People were saying she could be the first woman president when she was still in school. She got together with Bill in part because they were both politically ambitious. Because of our patriarchal society, an anti dynasty sentiment that includes spouses almost always ends up delegitimizing female candidates.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

7c Nickel posted:

I kind of dislike calling Clinton dynastic. People were saying she could be the first woman president when she was still in school. She got together with Bill in part because they were both politically ambitious. Because of our patriarchal society, an anti dynasty sentiment that includes spouses almost always ends up delegitimizing female candidates.

If we are talking the role of attitudes in this, the need for a woman leader to appear "harder than a man" to overcome the stereotypes has led to the women heads of state in western countries to be from conservative parties (eg Thatcher, Merkel)

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
Fiorina is shooting for VP. Jeb is going about being the "technology candidate" in the dumbest way, so it follows that he'd pick the failure CEO from a poo poo company no one has admired since 1996. May as well roll out the campaign in a AOL live chat, keyword: RISE

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Makes a great Easter gift!

For children you hate.

Tobermory posted:

Huckabee's selling revisionist history DVDs with a negative-option billing scam? Republicans.png

2016 Presidential Primary: The Columbia House of Christian Charlatans.

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 13, 2015

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

What...when did Fiorina turn up in this, I missed this. Things are that bad huh?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ewe2 posted:

What...when did Fiorina turn up in this, I missed this. Things are that bad huh?
She's been in the mix for a while, clearly positioning herself as a VP pick.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008
Biden 2016.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Is Diamond Joe reppin' 30s? :drat:

Sick_Boy
Jun 3, 2007

The reason Milton wrote in fetters when he wrote of Angels and God, and at liberty when of Devils and Hell, is because he was a true poet and of the Devil's party without knowing it.
The child in me still wants to see Joe run.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Veepstakes? Bqhatevwr.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Scott Brown considering running for Senate in Wisconsin.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Is he wearing :siren: running shoes? :siren:

Acrophyte
Sep 5, 2012

Respect me like Pesci
and if rap was hockey
I be Gretzky
What? The flash didn't go off? Bqhatevwr.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

ewe2 posted:

fingers crossed that GOP spins far enough out of control that she ends up VP on the ticket

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

do the GoP establishment and Martinez really hate each other enough that they'd pick Fiorina over her for diversity veep

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fried Chicken posted:

If we are talking the role of attitudes in this, the need for a woman leader to appear "harder than a man" to overcome the stereotypes has led to the women heads of state in western countries to be from conservative parties (eg Thatcher, Merkel)

What about Gillard?

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Running for President is not a particularly good way to get the Republican Veep nod historically, particularly if you can't manage a strong second place finish.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

DynamicSloth posted:

Running for President is not a particularly good way to get the Republican Veep nod historically, particularly if you can't manage a strong second place finish.

Republicans these days can't manage a strong first place finish, much less 2nd.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Fulchrum posted:

What about Gillard?

What about her? She got the position in a weird way, initially gaining it by revolting against the then current PM (who was from her own political party) and then after the real election only barely holding onto the office by kow-towing to independent voters in the face of an opposition party that actually got a higher percentage of the vote than she did. Then her own party booted her out in favor of the guy she had originally revolted against. The public hated her in a way that it hasn't hated Merkel or (in her time) Thatcher and hasn't so far hated Hillary.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Joementum posted:

Bqhatevwr.
God, it's been years and this word still makes me laugh every time I see it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Cliff Racer posted:

then after the real election only barely holding onto the office by kow-towing to independent voters in the face of an opposition party that actually got a higher percentage of the vote than she did.

Labor won 50.12% of the two-party-prefered vote under Gillard in 2010.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Raskolnikov38 posted:

God I hope Carly pisses away the rest of her money chasing her non-existent 'chance'.

If she manages to stay out of any major scandals for the next year and Hilary becomes the democratic nominee I'd give her better than even odds of being the vp choice. I don't see another vagina-haver in as good of a position on the R side so yep.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Good Citizen posted:

If she manages to stay out of any major scandals for the next year and Hilary becomes the democratic nominee I'd give her better than even odds of being the vp choice. I don't see another vagina-haver in as good of a position on the R side so yep.

McMorris-Rodgers or Ayotte.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Good Citizen posted:

Martinez got reelected as a Hispanic Republican in a blue state. She'll be on the short-list even if her odds are long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Nintendo Kid posted:

Reminder that you literally claimed we became an oligarchy because a Clinton and a Bush were in the running for president again!

I don't think I literally said that, it's a symptom not a cause.

• Locked thread