Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

euroboy posted:

Is he better than Harald Brattbakk, another ex Bodø/Glimt star, was?

I mind this article in the national newspaper:

"AS a striker, Celtic's Harald Brattbakk is more famous for his misses than his goals.

Just last weekend, he failed to convert three gilt-edged chances against Motherwell - including a sitter from all of six yards.

And the bad news for the pounds 2million Norwegian is that his computer-generated image can't do any better.

Brattbakk pops up in the Celtic team in Playstation's Fifa 99 game - and keeps missing open goals.

The amazing coincidence was discovered by Celtic-daft schoolboy Darren Anderson.

The 11-year-old couldn't believe they had managed to make the computer game so realistic - especially in terms of Harald's misses.

He said: "At first I thought that it was just a one-off and I told all my friends.

"But then he kept doing it in the Playstation game - just like in real life he keeps missing chances that anyone could get.

"They either go over the bar or hit off the post. Something always happens."

Darren, who lives very close to his heroes' Parkhead ground, added: "I use my Playstation every day - and any other times when my mum isn't looking.

"I love Celtic and I can't believe that Brattbakk is so lifelike."

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/POOR+HARALD..+HE+CAN%27T+EVEN+SCORE+ON+THE+PLAYSTATION%3B+WHAT+A+MISS%3A...-a060427135

He still scored the goal that stopped 10-in-a-row, though. Legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Did you seriously just quote a daily record article ?

:getout:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

jre posted:

He's been brilliant for us this season, and his fitness is unreal

Not really that surprising to be honest.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TheRat posted:

Johansen's engine is completely insane. That dude can just run and run for days.

Me, during an international game half a year ago.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

jre posted:

Did you seriously just quote a daily record article ?

:getout:

"Poor Harald Can't Even Score in Playstation" was a front-page headline, everybody.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

This ref is a fud :pwn:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

The SFA underline Thomson's incompetence by overturning Van Dijk and Paton's red cards. Cifci's ban for kicking brown in the head overturned as it was "Not Proven"

Sunday should be interesting.

Stuart McColl made sevco manager until the end of the season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryKBnRP4Xlg

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If I was a footballer I'd kick Scott Brown too.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours

jre posted:

The SFA underline Thomson's incompetence by overturning Van Dijk and Paton's red cards. Cifci's ban for kicking brown in the head overturned as it was "Not Proven"

Looks like he's still suffering the effects of the sickening attach. Concussions are well known to strike days later when sitting outside a strippers at 2am

Good thing he's been prescribed some Paracetemol topped pizza

Get well soon, Professional Athlete Days Away From A Cup Final Scott Brown

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Mohammed wanking off Jar Jar Binks man has resigned also the police are carrying out inquires lol

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Russ posted:

Looks like he's still suffering the effects of the sickening attach. Concussions are well known to strike days later when sitting outside a strippers at 2am

Good thing he's been prescribed some Paracetemol topped pizza

Get well soon, Professional Athlete Days Away From A Cup Final Scott Brown

He's clearly tired from being at the gym and is just having a wee rest on the pavement before he goes home.

Look, stop posting negative rangers stories, here's a nice postive one
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-fans-sign-up-repair-5309616

quote:

DESPERATE Rangers fans have signed up to repair their crumbling stadium - for free.

A handful of handy supporters have offered their services to the skint club after an appeal on social media - in a move they hope will save the club £5m a year.

Now a team of around 50 painters, joiners, brickies, plasterers and welders could be set to descend on the Govan stadium and their Murray Park training ground.

The initiative, instigated by Rangers supporter Allan Woods, comes a week after Gers powerbroker Dave King said the venues are likely to require millions of pounds in repairs.

:unsmith: See thats nice there's nothing that could go wrong wi-

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fan-who-offered-raise-5327907

quote:

A RANGERS fan who offered to raise an army of free workers to spruce up Ibrox for free is at the centre of a racism storm.

Allan Woods, 62, was hailed a hero earlier this week after being instrumental in mobilising more than 50 tradesmen to do repairs at the neglected stadium for free.

But Woods became the latest prominent fan to get embroiled in an ugly controversy over comments on social media after posts on his Facebook profile called for the “ethnic cleansing” of Muslims.

oh well.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
jre there is something wrong with you upstairs

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

he is literally obsessed

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Your obsession with jre's obsession is very annoying

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

African AIDS cum posted:

I enjoy his semi-frequent updates about how rangers are falling apart tbh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is there anything else to even talk about Scottish football since Hamilton lost their manager

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

I enjoy his semi-frequent updates about how rangers are falling apart tbh

He cried wolf years ago and Rangers still exist. Seems to be a fountain of lies.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

African AIDS cum posted:

He cried wolf years ago and Rangers still exist. Seems to be a fountain of lies.

I quite like entertaining lies though.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
I like the rangers RSS feed its the only reason to read this thread

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I think he should have his own thread, between this and the Weekend Web thread he has more than enough material to keep it going.

Scotlander
Jun 22, 2013
I love Lionel Ainsworth.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Scotlander posted:

I love Lionel Ainsworth.

Some quality reporting there BBC :thumbsup:

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Hmmmm. Starting to think now that this season might actually not be Full Of Win but may in fact actually be Full Of Loss.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
No offence to Hamilton (or to Russ) but the optimism at the start of the season and saying things like, "We'll need to re-assess our expectations!" was a case of counting your chickens before they hatch. How you run the first mile of a marathon is largely irrelevant to your finishing position; both Aberdeen & Dundee United have always been aiming for third at least and with ICT and St Johnstone now thinking they've got a god-given right to be in the top six that doesn't leave much room for Hamilton. Only Motherwells complete implosion and Kilmarnocks continued stumbling mediocrity gives them any chance of breaking in.

It would be a real shame if Hamilton - both the club and the fans - considered a top 6 finish a failure. Compared to the first dozen games maybe, but for a newly promoted team? Top six is a pretty decent achievement.

Try being an Aberdeen fan. For all our talk of We're Going To Win The League we still spend an hour after every game with a pen and paper desperately trying to work out if we're guaranteed top six yet. we are

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

tekz posted:

I like the rangers RSS feed its the only reason to read this thread

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

despite posting on the World's Largest Troll-Free Comedy Forum my serious opinion is that any midtable team that loses 3 of their best players (and two top goal scorers) and their manager in January will really just be treading water until they can regroup in the summer, and Accies are no exception. The way that a selling club like Hamilton are run, this kind of thing is eventually going to happen. You lose a few, bring a few youngsters in their place, give them time to adjust then reap the benefits a year or so down the line when they establish themself as a first choice player before selling them on and starting the cycle again. The club is sold to parents of talented 12 year olds (steady Adam Johnson) as a place that you can come in, get a football education and no one will stand in your way when a big team comes calling. As soon as we start denying the likes of Andreu a move to England or dropping Hendrie for signing a pre-contract with West Ham, that arguement falls apart and the promising 12 year old sees he won't necessarily get a chance at Hamilton, goes on to be another Old Firm benchwarmer until getting released and properly starting their career aged 22.

Canning might leave in the summer, he might not. We might bring in Steven Pressley's brown shoes, we might bring in Jimmy Calderwood's brown skin. We might add to the squad and push on for a top half finish in 2015/2016 or we could finish 15 points behind 11th place. But Hamilton will continue to invest in youth with the intention of selling these guys on whether we are pushing for Europe or fighting to stay out of the relegation zone in the 2nd tier.

And no matter how bad our forms gets, at least we are not as bad as Rangers.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Hearts could clinch the Championship today if Rangers pull off an upset at Hibernian.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BisonDollah posted:

Hearts could clinch the Championship today if Rangers pull off an upset at Hibernian.

The sort of sentence that defines why Scottish Football is feckin braw.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

BisonDollah posted:

a moron who backed hibs in a big game posted:

I've got £500 on Hibs at 11/10 the morra, and another £120 on -1 at 11/4. Here's hoping!
:shepface:

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

What an idiot, don't they know that Hibs are poo poo?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2015/03/22/hearts-players-sing-fk-you-rangers-weve-won-the-league-whilst-celebrating-in-a-pub-with-fans/

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:suicide:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Thought it was a really good goal.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
"Celtic midfielder Liam Henderson poised for shock loan move to Norwegian side Rosenborg" says Daily Record. RBK confirms it.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

azathosk posted:

"Celtic midfielder Liam Henderson poised for shock loan move to Norwegian side Rosenborg" says Daily Record. RBK confirms it.

Bit of a weird move given he was on the verge of breaking into the first team .

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Smart move, is probably doubling his wages, playing in a more competitive league in a team that has an actual chance to progress past the qualifiers in Europe.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
It's like 4 months neither team will have even started their qualifiers by the time it's up.
Bizarre loan really.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Hearts have done some sort of weird charity shirt sponsorship deal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32143790

quote:

Hearts will have their shirts sponsored by national charity Save the Children for the next three years.
It is the first time a British club has agreed a permanent shirt sponsor with a national charity - although Aston Villa were sponsored by local hospice Acorns during the 2008-09 season.
The deal has been funded by an anonymous "group of philanthropists", said Hearts owner Ann Budge.
A seven-figure sum will be split evenly between Hearts and the charity

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

"Save the Chidren...for me!" - former hearts boss graham rix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

https://vine.co/v/Ol53w1xX0Yi