Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Deakul posted:

The TV IV › BANSHEE S3: "Jesus Christ, what the gently caress did you do now?" (Fridays @ 10 PM ET, Cinemax)
:tviv:

Requesting gifs of Proctor walking away from the fire, immediately.

Also, leave Sugar alone. :ohdear:

I'm sorry it took me so long to watch this week's show, otherwise I would've been on top of this.

Holy poo poo, by the way.

As far as what goes down on Friday: I'm thinking Carrie gets captured and kept alive. Stowe holding her hostage as he boards a chopper keeps Hood and the rest from ventilating him right there. Of course, I can't think of any reason to keep her alive afterwards, but killing her off in the same manner as Siobhan in the same season...I don't know, I think they'd find another way to do it for Carrie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This is Banshee. Carrie would probably bust free and beat up everyone on the helicopter. Then grab Stowe with one hand and lift his head into the rotors, jump off the helicopter while it explodes(of course itll explode) and use what's left of his body to break her fall. And she will still make it to her diner job on time. :colbert:

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This is Banshee. Carrie would probably bust free and beat up everyone on the helicopter. Then grab Stowe with one hand and lift his head into the rotors, jump off the helicopter while it explodes(of course itll explode) and use what's left of his body to break her fall. And she will still make it to her diner job on time. :colbert:

That reminds me, I should play Just Cause 2 again.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
And so it's come to this: We All Pay Eventually

quote:

Lucas recalls a secret chapter in his life; Job blames Carrie for blowing the group's cover; Bunker vows to shut down the Brotherhood.

Gentlemen, it's been an honor.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
That episode description makes it sound like a wet fart. Please don't be a wet fart, Banshee season finale. :(

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Oh this is going to be a long loving year.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Yeah that was all I could've hoped for out of this show.

I wonder if they already know what they're gonna do, what with the drop to 8 episodes and the filming location change to save money.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
"I've got six million reasons"

THIS SHOW HOLY poo poo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I do like that they change up the intro credits once in a while. Colonel Stowe playing with his ring and it keeps getting bloodier and bloodier till it popped his finger off.

Lmao Morales and his sword. This show does have the best one off characters ever.

Ahaha Gordon is a badass. He was totally dead when he entered the bar though :rip:

Please be okay Job :ohdear: The showrunners knew that no one would care if Carrie was kidnapped, so they took the only character we do like :argh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 14, 2015

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Gordon was a boss but with him gone and the Hood/Kai scene I can't help but think any hope for Banshee to break free from Kai is dead.

I think I missed a bit but were Hood and Stowe part of the same black ops group?

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Bunker is intense.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I do like that they change up the intro credits once in a while. Colonel Stowe playing with his ring and it keeps getting bloodier and bloodier till it popped his finger off.
I usually rewatch them a few times before I continue with the episode to figure out what they're hinting at. They telegraphed Gordon's death in Carrie's (and sort of Gordon's) intro this week.

Gordon saving hood from the rooftop and then staring disdainfully down at him owned. Gordon owned. Mayor of Banshee is a lovely post to fill

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

LoG posted:

Bunker is intense.

Bunker is a great goddamn character and I hope to see great things out of him next season.

The intro doesn't get nearly enough love as this is the first show, ever, that I actually sit through the entire intro for every goddamn episode because it's not 'occasionally change' - the intro changes every single episode and always has, but always in subtle ways.

The message on the lighter this season keeps changing: Marines Do It Better > Worlds Best Mom > Born to Ride > Love Hurts Kills > A Fool & His Money... > Lock and Load > Daddy's Little Girl > War Is Hell > Love War Is Hell

Various photographs this season as well change relative to the plot, but also change just...over episodes. Right after the lighter, the season starts with a doll's eye crossed-out with a pen. Over the first half of the season the polaroid both zooms out, is gradually un-crossed-out, and is taped/slightly folded/pristine. All of this becoming a virgin mary statuette, as Kai repairs his relationship with his family

The intro is just goddamn amazing and if you aren't watching it, in full, with attention, every episode you're missing out.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

"This is a good loving sword!"

That grin at the end by Proctor makes me hopeful that they'll become a real team, finally.

At least we know one of net season's main plots will be search and rescue Job

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Cuntpunch posted:

All of this becoming a virgin mary statuette, as Kai repairs his relationship with his family

The intro is just goddamn amazing and if you aren't watching it, in full, with attention, every episode you're missing out.
And then after all that, it ended up in the trash.

Last week Gordon's picture reappeared in Carrie's intro polaroid because they were reconciling, and then it flickered out of existence this week :rip: Also Gordon's picture is usually (edit: going back I guess it's not, actually) an inoperable gun, but it was put together this week with the Marine's Hymn written on it.

The effort and attention they put into telling a story and foreshadowing events through gradual changes is pretty amazing. I could sperg over the credits for pages. I won't though, I promise.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

That grin at the end by Proctor makes me hopeful that they'll become a real team, finally.
I would be way more interested in watching Hood/Proctor form the Banshee Axis of Evil than Hood vs Proctor, honestly

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 14, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

Last week Gordon's picture reappeared in Carrie's intro polaroid because they were reconciling, and then it flickered out of existence this week :rip: Also Gordon's picture is usually (edit: going back I guess it's not, actually) an inoperable gun, but it was put together this week with the Marine's Hymn written on it.

The effort and attention they put into telling a story and foreshadowing events through gradual changes is pretty amazing. I could sperg over the credits for pages. I won't though, I promise.

You notice the changing intro but never once thought to sit through the credits? pffffffffft

I do unironically wish the showrunners would break down all the intro changes for each ep and what they represent.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 14, 2015

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I do unironically wish the showrunners would break down all the intro changes for each ep and what they represent.

They do this on the blu-ray sets. It's pretty cool. Each episode has a "Through the Intro" option that replays the intro and flashes any photos that have changed. Hit the Enter button on a flashing photo and it'll pause and tell you the significance of the change.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I never watch the intro, the music fake-ends (decrescendo?) like 4 times. But now I think I should.

E: Gordon's left-handed sniper poo poo is driving me nuts, and why does Hood only use a pistol ever, and stay in the same spot next to the humvee? You'd think they'd want to move fast for this rescue, but i guess being pinned by one henchman loving up a side view mirror in the parking lot while they wait for the gang to rescue themselves was the plan all along. This show is usually way better about the tactilol stuff, it's not like there's no precedent for Hood pulling a one man army.

Also the dude that Job fights is doing moves straight out of 90's USMC boot camp karate classes :corsair:

red19fire fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 14, 2015

bou
Aug 3, 2006

This episode did really everything a finale should do. Kept me on the edge of my seat, resolved some storylines and openend up interesting ones that make me wish next season would start at once. I really liked Gordon and he went out a hero. Shame, he could be a great addition to the cast. Shades of Strike Back on the base assault.
Proctor's smile at the end had me wondering if he pondered to shoot Hood right there or just let him go for old time's sake. I wonder if Hood left the money with him? Who else is there? Also feeling sorry for Bunker. Having a blowtorch taken to your face doesn't bode well for his ...appearence (sorry) next season.

Final thought for now:

/e: rehosted 2nd image

/ee: The intros rule and i watch them every time full length

bou fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Mar 14, 2015

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

bou posted:

Proctor's smile at the end had me wondering if he pondered to shoot Hood right there or just let him go for old time's sake. I wonder if Hood left the money with him? Who else is there? Also feeling sorry for Bunker. Having a blowtorch taken to your face doesn't bode well for his ...appearence (sorry) next season.

It wasn't to his face, it was to the gigantic swastika on his chest. The one that was shown just a couple of scenes earlier.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bou posted:

Also feeling sorry for Bunker. Having a blowtorch taken to your face doesn't bode well for his ...appearence (sorry) next season.

Bunker is lucky to have such a nice guy as his brother. A nice well dressed family man who put his rear end on the line to cover for his brother. And he took pity on Bunker not being able to afford that laser tattoo removal so he got some friends to do it for free.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

What did the guy in the flashback say after "It's not the army"?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Barbe Rouge posted:

What did the guy in the flashback say after "It's not the army"?

"Something different."

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Bunker is lucky to have such a nice guy as his brother. A nice well dressed family man who put his rear end on the line to cover for his brother. And he took pity on Bunker not being able to afford that laser tattoo removal so he got some friends to do it for free.

Was the story about his history that bunker told the DA lady a partial lie? I could have sworn that he told her that his brother dragged him into the brotherhood, but in this ep its the other way around

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I didn't think I could handle so much constant action, but drat this episode was just so amazing. I can't wait for next year.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Was the story about his history that bunker told the DA lady a partial lie? I could have sworn that he told her that his brother dragged him into the brotherhood, but in this ep its the other way around

Yea could be. Gives him another reason to hate the brotherhood as he got his little brother in and he really seems to believe in it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This was the loving season finale? Oh god drat it. GOD drat ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :argh:

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
I dont remember bunker mentioning his brother to the DA. Only that someone rescured him from an abusive father, and he eventually learned what they were really about.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
That was way better than season 2. It felt more confident and the money shot of the multi-screen fight scene in Sugar Fists escape mobile was objectively one of the best bits.

Season 4 won't be as good, because there are serious geography issues with the direction the series is going in. Unless Jowb is being held at a black site SOMEWHERE IN BANSHEE. That would be the best result.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think there is potential for a corrupt Mayor to take over and cause some havoc in town. Maybe the family man Nazi can sneak his way in.

Can someone explain the meaning of the ring? Is it a military thing?

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

I really feel for Brock. He just wanted to make the town a little more decent, and then one day a new sheriff arrived. Since then, everything's coming up psychos.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Niwrad posted:

I think there is potential for a corrupt Mayor to take over and cause some havoc in town. Maybe the family man Nazi can sneak his way in.

Can someone explain the meaning of the ring? Is it a military thing?

I'm not a 100% on this , but i was under the assumption officers get class rings from places like West Point, or Virginia Military Institute etc.

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

I'm not a 100% on this , but i was under the assumption officers get class rings from places like West Point, or Virginia Military Institute etc.

Yeah, I think both rings say Annapolis.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Where the hell is the guy who played Dalton from? Also I'm guessing he's going to be one of the main bad guys next season.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I really feel for Brock. He just wanted to make the town a little more decent, and then one day a new sheriff arrived. Since then, everything's coming up psychos.

I want Brock to become sheriff but be tolerant of Hood's antics as he levels the city in order to take down Proctor, since originally in S1 he alluded to Proctor being the problem with Banshee. Like I want to see how far a good man can go over the edge for the greater good and still come back. Also Bunker needs to become Hood's apprentice as far as letting 'the darkness' take over.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Mar 15, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

red19fire posted:

I want Brock to become sheriff but be tolerant of Hood's antics as he levels the city in order to take down Proctor, since originally in S1 he alluded to Proctor being the problem with Banshee. Like I want to see how far a good man can go over the edge for the greater good and still come back. Also Bunker needs to become Hood's apprentice as far as letting 'the darkness' take over.

Well from that last smirk Proctor gave I think it's clear that he's going to offer Hood a job.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Some hints that season 5 might be the last for Banshee. Although I'll hate to see it end, it's nice to know that the creator Greg Yaitanes "always felt it was a five-season show. We’ll know going in that it’s our last season so we can plan appropriately. We do know how it ends.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 15, 2015

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'd rather have 5 great seasons than 8 mediocre ones. Just hope the people behind it get some new projects to work on.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Sad to see this season end. I was probably more excited for the new season of Banshee than I was for any other show.

Guess the ones who said they'd kill off Gordon were right. But they sure made it look like Carrie would get offed for a few seconds. I was a little surprised they didn't do a Stowe/Hood fight, though I guess it had to be Carrie vs Stowe so they could make people think he'd kill her. Stowe wasn't the terminator in that fight like he was in the heist episode, even with Carrie's fighting prowess I figured he'd have put up a harder fight than that. Oh well.

I'm ready for next season and I want it now please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, uh, I started Strike Back and finished season 1 and just started season 2 but had to stop about 20 mins into the episode.
What the gently caress is going on, who the hell are all of these people and what happened to everyone from season 1?!?! :stare:

• Locked thread