Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
Hellsau is just kinda here to make everyone hate playing, isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Colon Semicolon posted:

At last, he gets it.

Why are you clicking the forum? You should be clicking tanks.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Never use free xp to unlock tanks, use it to unlock modules on new tanks so you never have to play a stock tank. The number of stock tanks that are not poo poo is low. This is very true for the ISU-152 as without the top gun BL-10 you are either throwing gold all the time in the 152mm gun or throwing gold all the tim in the 122mm guns that are good at teir 6 but are very bad when you face teir 10's.

The T20 is one of the better teir 7 mediums but teir 7 heavys, lights and TD's are much better than the mediums. The long 88 is ok at teir 8 if you a ready to feed it gold when needed so the grind isn't as bad as others and the tank itself is one of the better 8's

Take no notice of this idiot. Use free exp to get out of any tank that is not fun to play. gently caress, do doubles in platoons and never play any of the poo poo tanks at all ever.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Colon Semicolon posted:

The game does a good enough job of that on its own.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Missing Name posted:

At last, he gets it.

Why are you clicking the forum? You should be clicking tanks.

gently caress tanks, I migrated to robocraft. way better tonk battles to be had there.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
So guys, lets keep it real here. What are the best tanks to stat pad in these days? From what I see its something like E-50/M, T-54, E75?

Can you stat pad in any artillery? Any Light Tanks?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

The Southern Dandy posted:

My WoT alt account, which I haven't played in two years, just got an invite to botes beta. :circlefap:

Go ahead, you know you want to continue with the sky cancer tradition.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

maev posted:

So guys, lets keep it real here. What are the best tanks to stat pad in these days? From what I see its something like E-50/M, T-54, E75?

Artillery is the worst for stat padding. In anything else, you can CHAI-snipe from the sidelines even if your team folds, if your team folds when you're in arty, you're hosed. Apparently the new US lights are pretty OP, but I forget which one is the best. The T-70 and T-127 are pretty good low tier seal clubbing options.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

maev posted:

WN8 works by using the average stats in a given tank modified by tier a bit.

This means the absolute best way to stat-pad is to seal club. Some tanks are oversaturated with seal-clubbers, but there are more than a few decent low-tier tanks that are still fun/op.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

maev posted:

Light tanks. If you see a purple playing the AMX 12t, the reason is because the 12t has abysmally low expected damage, but has great pen so if you don't care about winning or having fun you can just farm WN8 by CHAI sniping.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
If there's one thing the 4202 needed it was even less pen. Good job WG, you managed to nerf the 4202 significantly harder than everything else. "But we don't balance against premium shells" :fuckoff:

Other than the 4202, which has no premium high pen fallback, the pen changes for mediums are pretty okay. They won't make an appreciable difference most of the time.

T10 TDs might not punch through E-100 turrets with AP so reliably, okay. Foch 155 got hosed, a tiny aim time increase doesn't help its lovely handling or poor aimed in accuracy, and the lower pen just gives it even less margin for error.

The 263 might have to bring a bit more APCR because there are actually going to be cases where it's noticeably more reliable now, but it's still going to be the best tank in the game. Actually it probably got indirectly buffed (and the reload buff it doesn't need) because now other TDs are going to have significantly more trouble penning it frontally. T110E3 will be a bit more proof against other TDs frontally but probably not by a huge margin.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Chinese T8 premium incoming.

:lol:

They should add this instead:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Ensign Expendable posted:

Artillery is the worst for stat padding.

4600 games in the M55 and NOW you tell me.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Prav posted:

Is that... a type 59 with a patton turret? :psyduck:

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
Its not a T-54 clone. I am.. shocked.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

BadLlama posted:

The T20 is better than average I would say. It is quite nimble and has great speed tied to a gun with pretty high alpha for a medium and great depression. Really it was one of the few tier 7's that was quite pleasing to drive.
I'm a big fan of the T20, it's got decent armor and a noob-friendly weapon, unlike many of the support mediums around that tier, which actually require some skill to do well with..

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Prav posted:

9.7 public test is out. Patch notes:

Way to just nerf the silver shells, WG.

Seriously. Those motherfuckers.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Players occasionally shot rounds that were not HEAT/APCR. This has been rectified.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I still wish premium shells were different, instead of just "here's more pen with minor trade offs."
Like if APCR kept its higher pen, but did less damage and had a chance of penning a tank and zipping through the other side if whatever it shot at had low armor. Or HEAT would have a higher chance of module damage/crew injury at the expense of damage. HE could damage external modules or stun the crew reducing their effectiveness.
Just seems like there is so much more they could do with ammo types to make things interesting.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

CitizenKain posted:

I still wish premium shells were different, instead of just "here's more pen with minor trade offs."
Like if APCR kept its higher pen, but did less damage and had a chance of penning a tank and zipping through the other side if whatever it shot at had low armor. Or HEAT would have a higher chance of module damage/crew injury at the expense of damage. HE could damage external modules or stun the crew reducing their effectiveness.
Just seems like there is so much more they could do with ammo types to make things interesting.

Well HEAT is poo poo so I guess that counts as a difference. I love when bad players just default to HEAT in their Russian mediums in Clan Wars and just get wrecked because HEAT is poo poo.

Also changing game mechanics takes effort and Wargaming is lazy.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Prav posted:

They should add this instead:

Type 59 with Patton turret, Type 59 with Hellcat turret, is there any turret they haven't mated to an unrelated vehicle?

JasH
Jun 20, 2001

Beginner here

I am in US Tier 2, just trying out the different types of tanks to see which one I like best but I am not sure what the best way to progress to the next tiers are...

Am I supposed to train each crew to 100% before I go to the next Tier tank and then transfer the crew?
Or do I just go to the next Tier tank as quickly as possible with no regards to crew XP until Tier 10 and then focus on training?

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

JasH posted:

Beginner here

I am in US Tier 2, just trying out the different types of tanks to see which one I like best but I am not sure what the best way to progress to the next tiers are...

Am I supposed to train each crew to 100% before I go to the next Tier tank and then transfer the crew?
Or do I just go to the next Tier tank as quickly as possible with no regards to crew XP until Tier 10 and then focus on training?

A. did you use a code when you made your account that gave you free poo poo? if not then you should make a new account for the aforementioned free poo poo.

B. in the low tiers try to at least have a 75% crew, you'll go through them too quickly to make a lot of crew training progress because retraining them for a new tank with credits will lower their xp. around tier 5 the rate at which you advance will slow to the point that crews will become well-trained as you're grinding

C. find the pgs tanks thread for the goon channel in-game and ts info and people will help you out

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

At low tiers you finish your tank way before your crew hits 100%. Retraining for the next tank cuts away their exp. You would be fine just getting a new (75% if you can afford the credits) crew for each next tank.

Crew retraining is more for tier five or six and up. Unless you spend a lot of time in some low tier tank you like and get a monster crew, obviously.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

JasH posted:

Beginner here

Do NOT rush to tier 10. If you do you'll be in tier 10 games, where you're top tier every game so the team relies more on you than in any other tier, and you'll be loving up a lot cause you didn't learn the game on the way there.

JasH
Jun 20, 2001

That's good advice; thanks all!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Valle posted:

Do NOT rush to tier 10. If you do you'll be in tier 10 games, where you're top tier every game so the team relies more on you than in any other tier, and you'll be loving up a lot cause you didn't learn the game on the way there.

He's also not at a point where he couldn't 1) ask in the server subforum if anyone has an invite code, and 2) he's not far enough that he couldn't roll another character and tie himself to someone in this thread to maybe end up getting them the T8 reward tank.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

JasH posted:

Beginner here

Also additionally to all the info above there's a referral system in place, where both players will get bonus XP when platooning with each other.

It needs to be done with a new account though.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Just bought the top turret and gun for the M103. Life is good again. I feel like I can be more aggressive with it, or at least it's nice being able to punish enemy M103s who aren't careful. We'll see how I feel after getting stuck with a poo poo team that I can't carry.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

YF19pilot posted:

Just bought the top turret and gun for the M103. Life is good again. I feel like I can be more aggressive with it, or at least it's nice being able to punish enemy M103s who aren't careful. We'll see how I feel after getting stuck with a poo poo team that I can't carry.

M103 is quite scary with that top gun. Because the tank looks dumb as poo poo, pubies tend to underestimate how quick and accurate it is. Sadly the armor on it can be rather inconsistent.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Did Mittani stream boatse last night?

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Nerfing silver penetration

Segregating "experienced" players from "inexperienced" players

great; just what we needed: a kiddie pool and weaker pisswater

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Oh, FV304 :allears:

I blew up his AC48 from full health while he was distracted fighting other poo poo and narrowly missed top damage on both teams (he did marginally more). Other highlights: two-shotting a CDC and removing like 500hp off an ARL blind.

Accuracy nerf chat: haven't noticed it. Actually, my snapshots seem to be landing more now :psyduck:

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
Did someone make a good post in this thread ealier they can link about choosing a good tier8 premium? I can only recommend the IS-6, how does the 112 compare?

My friend is torn between (he has tanks of all trees to swap crew so this isnt an issue):

IS6
T34 - how good is the credit printing on this?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

How to Play Lakeville by The Shittiest Team Ever.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

maev posted:

Did someone make a good post in this thread ealier they can link about choosing a good tier8 premium? I can only recommend the IS-6, how does the 112 compare?

My friend is torn between (he has tanks of all trees to swap crew so this isnt an issue):

IS6
T34 - how good is the credit printing on this?

The 112 is a worse IS-6. The IS-6 has pen issues, the T34 does not. It does see tier 10s though, which is a pain. Out of the three the T34 makes the most money, but the IS-6 is more fun.

Slim Jim Pickens fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 14, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Kinda digging the 0,15/0,14 bloom Batchat. 9.7 test is up now by the way.

Stock AMX 30 proto looks kinda goofy but I can't capture it in a picture for the life of me. Looks like an easy grind, it gets access to the 100 mm SA47 and only needs springs to mount it.

e: for some random weirdness the pen nerfs mean that the 50 100 and Lorraine have more APCR pen than the Batchat.
ee: and the T25/2 outpens the M48 :psyduck:

Prav fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 14, 2015

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

wow you were really unlucky with your shot placement, so many of them getting eaten by tracks. Still amazes me people that go valley always peek and poke 3 or less tanks and never go all in. Like aggressive when they don't need to be or too cowardly when they need to be aggressive, extremely frustrating in light tanks.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

The 112 is a worse IS-6. The IS-6 has pen issues, the T34 does not. It does see tier 10s though, which is a pain. Out of the three the T34 makes the most money, but the IS-6 is more fun.

I saw a quickybaby video where he said the 112 was a better is-6. I'm not taking his word as gospel or anything but why is he wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Pro abbey strats
we won