Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Block Fort is basically the only battle course you need but I wouldn't say no to others, especially given how atrocious battle mode is in 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So I 3-starred every cup on both 150cc and Mirror and realized I don't really have any single player content left to do until the next DLC drops in and I don't particularly want to go online and play with randoms (this is a thing that is true for all games with online multiplayer ever). Is there anywhere to go for goons to race goons?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Yes but it's nearly always dead. I imagine it'll pick back up briefly when the DLC comes out, but that doesn't help you now.

Playing randoms isn't so bad in Mario Kart. They can't yell at you, and once you move up a couple tiers it's decent competition.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

mabels big day posted:

Imagine the pinball track in antigravity, so you actually want to be hit by the giant pinballs.

mother of god... you could be scaling the pinball machine vertically...

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

Perry Normal posted:

Give me Baby Park or give me death.

I would join this cult.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

pokeyman posted:

Yes but it's nearly always dead. I imagine it'll pick back up briefly when the DLC comes out, but that doesn't help you now.

Playing randoms isn't so bad in Mario Kart. They can't yell at you, and once you move up a couple tiers it's decent competition.

I do wonder how much extra life the May DLC will give the game. Like I said before I wish they'd brought it all out at the same time instead of a staggered release. I think with this model we got like 2 months of life with the first pack and we'll maybe get 1 month with the second.
But all of it together might have given 4 - because you're doing the same tracks less often.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
For those who did not watch today's direct:

DLC Pack 2 brought forward to April 23rd, 9 more amiibo racing suits, and 200cc difficulty

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
I can't wait for 200cc Rainbow Road.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Now we can finally experience Mute City the way it was intended to be experienced.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What are the odds you can play 200cc online? :ohdear:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
looking forward to dominating fools and taking scalps in 200cc hellblazer mode

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

What are the odds you can play 200cc online? :ohdear:

I'd say 1.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Given that Iwata specifically said 200cc would be available for local and online play...I think the odds are pretty drat good.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
All I want to know is who do I contact to get them to fix the terrible mistakes in the Animal Crossing course.
The coins should be turned into Bell icons, and the item boxes should be presents.

The coins were rupees in the Zelda course, I expect nothing less than the best.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

SereneCrimson posted:

All I want to know is who do I contact to get them to fix the terrible mistakes in the Animal Crossing course.
The coins should be turned into Bell icons, and the item boxes should be presents.

The coins were rupees in the Zelda course, I expect nothing less than the best.

They ARE bells. Look closely at them. Bells look a lot like gold mario coins, but they have a star in their center, like these do. They are bells.

200 CC is going to rock!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Also the question blocks on AC balloons by the starting line was really cool. I am going to own that sweet Pac Man racing suit and I will wear it back and forth with hilarious 70's disco Elton John Kirby suit and it will rule

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

jivjov posted:

Given that Iwata specifically said 200cc would be available for local and online play...I think the odds are pretty drat good.

Yes you're right okay so i didn't imagine that. Oh man this is gonna be so much FUN. :allears:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Cicadas! posted:

Now we can finally experience Mute City the way it was intended to be experienced.

Oh, I must have missed when they announced F-Zero U. :negative:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Suspicious Cook posted:

Oh, I must have missed when they announced F-Zero U. :negative:

Just put on the Captain Falcon amiibo costume, use the Blue Falcon, race in mute city and sing the F-Zero theme between sobs.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

gently caress yeaaaaah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53RNVupdZ2k

This pretty much confirms that they will be rereleasing Villager, otherwise they are cruel

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yes you're right okay so i didn't imagine that. Oh man this is gonna be so much FUN. :allears:

I can only hope that 200CC isn't the new default for high-VR lobbies, or else I may as well be back at 1000 VR because I'll have to re-learn everything. I have trouble enough with 150CC at times, although a big part of that is that I prefer Mediums to Heavies.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Only Nintendo would announce this so close to April Fools. The 200cc trailer looks ridiculous.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Dugong posted:

Only Nintendo would announce this so close to April Fools. The 200cc trailer looks ridiculous.

It's a meta-April-Fools joke. They announce it on April First to fool everyone into thinking it's fake.

Also can't wait. Thought we'd have to wait until May. It's gonna be great.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't wait to play this game again. The new tracks is one thing but 200cc adds a whole new level to this game and I'm excited to sink more time in it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

200cc vs 150cc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xyNAp605jg

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope they also add the option to do more laps because I'm afraid the races will be over too quickly now. Rainbow Road 64 already feels too short on 150cc.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

drat, I never bothered to learn breaking. I'm going to suck for a long time.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Perfect timing to release the Sonic Amiibo outfit.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Perfect timing to release the Sonic Amiibo outfit.

I want the PacMan helmet but in real life.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

drat, I never bothered to learn breaking. I'm going to suck for a long time.

Yeah, I've just been learning how to apex a drift everywhere. I'm not being sarcastic, I've rarely braked. I had to double check which button was the brake today.

That said I'm really looking forward to the chaos of 200cc. That demo video made it look like a mad nonstop ride the entire lap.

Time to finish three starring everything else before then.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PirateDentist posted:

Yeah, I've just been learning how to apex a drift everywhere. I'm not being sarcastic, I've rarely braked. I had to double check which button was the brake today.

Yup, that's one of the reasons I've stuck with Peach. I like powersliding at full speed.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Its gonna feel really weird to go back to 150cc I bet.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
The thing that amazed me the most in that video was how in 200cc the speed was enough to completely bybass that tricky turn at the end of Dolphin Shoals there. How many other places will you be able to do something like that?

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
I wonder at what speed they would totally break the game? Is there room to go to 250?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

beerinator posted:

I wonder at what speed they would totally break the game? Is there room to go to 250?

I'm surprised this doesn't. You can see in that video when Mario goes off the ramp to ride on the giant eel's back, he's actually going fast enough to slam right into the eel's face.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I always felt Mariokart lacked a proper sense of speed even at 150cc. Glad to see them address that. 200cc will be nuts.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

beerinator posted:

I want to know how Mario Kart 8 Rainbow Road will play on 200cc.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

There's gonna be a 200cc goon tournament, right? It's gonna be amazing.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Anime Curator posted:

I want to know how Mario Kart 8 Rainbow Road will play on 200cc.

Imagine 12 people flinging themselves off the side of the track anytime they get to a corner forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Zonekeeper posted:

Imagine 12 people flinging themselves off the side of the track anytime they get to a corner forever.

Constantly gently caress people over on the anti-grav sections by bumping into them. Yay unwanted speed boosts!

• Locked thread