Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Motronic posted:

My AIest drywall crane:

This is amazing, but my grease covered, broken caster engine hoist would not be ideal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mat_Drinks posted:

The best bet is to have your girlfriend start to lay the groundwork with her friend that she's ultimately not her boss and that she isn't directly responsible for her future and because of their friendship will recuse herself from any work situation regarding her be it good or bad.

The only problem is that until the friend is promoted my girlfriend is her boss. I guess she got in trouble for excessive cell phone use yesterday and she may have intentionally thrown my girlfriend under the bus during a call with corporate. I'm not hopeful for the future.

Edit: Today I gave an elderly chap his change. He left the store and returned a few minutes later and flicked a coin at my head. He then yelled at me for giving him a CANADIAN penny and screamed a bunch of nonsense and demanded "UNITED STATES CURRENCY."

I gave him the penny just to get him the gently caress out of the store. About ten minuted later I realized I didn't give him any pennies to begin with. So uh, gently caress you old crazy man.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 14, 2015

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I took iwentdoodie's advice on my WRX and got the form from the DMV to sign the interest in the car over to my dad.

I don't have any more weird tinder stories, because I actually had a boyfriend while I was gone from the forums, but he broke up with me for some hella weird reasons so now I'm just back to hanging out with my dog.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Male or female dog? It's important.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

goatse guy posted:

I took iwentdoodie's advice on my WRX and got the form from the DMV to sign the interest in the car over to my dad.

I don't have any more weird tinder stories, because I actually had a boyfriend while I was gone from the forums, but he broke up with me for some hella weird reasons so now I'm just back to hanging out with my dog.

Like what?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

88h88 posted:

Like what?

All of them could be boiled down to the fact that he was extremely insecure. Whatever, I've got a new prospect now and he's got a cooler car so I'm not worried.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Oh one of those. You're better off without the insecure ones, they are the worst.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

Good deal, glad to hear things are working out for you.

I was curious, but I don't snapchat or Facebook :v:

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

goatse guy posted:

All of them could be boiled down to the fact that he was extremely insecure. Whatever, I've got a new prospect now and he's got a cooler car so I'm not worried.

Well it sounds like it worked out for the better then :) I can be a bit insecure sometimes, but that's just lingering damage from my terrible marriage. I'm slowly getting over all of the neuroses I gained during that time.

At the beginning of last month, my then-girlfriend broke up with me because she was still hung up on a guy she had a thing for. That immediately led to me dating the girl I'm with now, and I can say that things worked out for the better in my situation. She lives closer, we have more in common, and there is significantly less latent crazy person.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Edit: Today I gave an elderly chap his change. He left the store and returned a few minutes later and flicked a coin at my head. He then yelled at me for giving him a CANADIAN penny and screamed a bunch of nonsense and demanded "UNITED STATES CURRENCY."

Yeah, Canadian pennies don't exist anymore. If anything you gave that guy a collectors' item and he should immediately get it appraised at market value (under one cent).

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Aaaaand at midnight I just turned 44 years old. Getting old sucks, all you young fuckers enjoy your relatively healthy bodies while they last :corsair:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

leica posted:

Aaaaand at midnight I just turned 44 years old. Getting old sucks, all you young fuckers enjoy your relatively healthy bodies while they last :corsair:

:cheers:
:toot:

Whaddup fellow 40s year old person.

I'll be dinging 42 this year. My body is still in relatively good shape if I can keep the pounds off. I swear I'm like a balloon. My weight can swing 30 lbs in less than a month. If I eat even remotely healthy and drink water, I can drop the el bees pretty quick. But man...if I so much as look at a cheeseburger or anything with sugar in it?

Fatso City, here I come.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
Well, you guys didn't seem old before you took the masks off.

But I have poor judgement so what do I know anyways?

Also, apparently, singer Barry White stole $30,000 worth of tires and served 4 months in jail.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
So I went to look at a car that was listed on Craigslist earlier. When I got back from the test drive, the seller (who seemed pretty normal otherwise) was standing in his garage drinking Two Buck Chuck from the bottle, and he was taking swigs the whole time we were haggling. The whole thing was vaguely Lynchian, and I'm wondering if it's something about that neighborhood or just a CL thing, since I looked at another car in the area around Christmas and the dude was obviously soused even though he was dressed well, had a nice apartment, etc.

I guess I'm not used to being around functional alcoholics.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

leica posted:

Ill trade you in a heartbeat

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

The only problem is that until the friend is promoted my girlfriend is her boss. I guess she got in trouble for excessive cell phone use yesterday and she may have intentionally thrown my girlfriend under the bus during a call with corporate. I'm not hopeful for the future.

I gave him the penny just to get him the gently caress out of the store. About ten minuted later I realized I didn't give him any pennies to begin with. So uh, gently caress you old crazy man.

That's so weird, granted we're literally a few miles from Canada, but I've never had one customer bitch about getting Canadian change back in the 7 years I've worked retail, and I've never had a store refuse to take Canadian change. A lot of places even take Canadian cash :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Happy birthday and holy gently caress I could have sworn we were about the same age.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

leica posted:

Oh one of those. You're better off without the insecure ones, they are the worst.

I'm not insecure except for my car choices. I like some guidance then make a really awful choice.

I guess I just care less and less.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Happy birthday and holy gently caress I could have sworn we were about the same age.

Yeah I thought Leica was quite a bit younger since he skateboards and BMXs and in general does hip young things :eyepop:

Happy birthday man!

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Wally Joyner posted:

Well, you guys didn't seem old before you took the masks off.

But I have poor judgement so what do I know anyways?

Also, apparently, singer Barry White stole $30,000 worth of tires and served 4 months in jail.

I am, at my core, a big dumb kid. Life's too short to go through it too seriously. I can put on my "mature, refined face" when I need to; which, thankfully, isn't required too often.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm just glad that I'm considered extremely mature by my coworkers since apparently being married at 23 means you are mature to 18-22 year olds

Good thing my wife can't shatter that illusion for them :swoon:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fjelltorsk posted:

Ill trade you in a heartbeat

I hear you, I'm thankful for being alive every day and don't take it for granted at all.

Thanks for the birthday wishes jerks :)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So i heard my phone's email alert chime crawling up its own rear end in a top hat to die, so I looked what happened and I guess somewhere in the internet sprung a leak because I am the proud owner of almost 8,000 new old stock dealer wholesale emails dating all the way back to when I opened the account.

Did find some cool things though, like when I saw Tool.

Or the near mythical cryptofood known only as The Boneyard.

Or this :v:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
Holy poo poo I drive across the country and this place blows up. I have a lot of reading to do in the morning and it looks like it is mostly viggen :v

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
:gb2gbs: viggen nobody gives a gently caress

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

leica posted:

I have 37 creeping up on me this year.

But "healthy body" is anything but me. Diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol, awesome! :confuoot:

Tide posted:

I am, at my core, a big dumb kid. Life's too short to go through it too seriously.

Same.

Tusen Takk posted:

I like my car, but I'm ready for an upgrade and after the whole GM starter thing the value dropped by $3,000 or so, depending on how old the person who buys it is.

You ain't kidding, the values have just loving tanked in the past year, even retail. I mean I know GMs depreciate quickly, but drat, I doubt I could even trade it in without getting laughed off of the lot when they find out how upside down I am on it.

I've heard rumors of a class action suite against GM over the value and the ignition switch poo poo, but I'm pretty sure that's just some lawyer trying to draw up a crowd.

Darchangel posted:

Towing an automatic in neutral will destroy the transmission in short order. Not too bad for a manual. You either tow them backwards with the steering wheel tied off so it won't snake, or you pull the driveshaft. For frequently towed vehicles, the RV industry makes driveline disconnects for your tender.

You'd be surprised.

Saturn's cars (prior to GM rebadging Chevies, Opels, etc as Saturns anyway) were actually designed to be flat towed in neutral, even the automatics. This doesn't apply to anything newer than the SC/SL/SW series though - the newer stuff is parts bin GM under the hood (or Honda, in the case of some Vues). Saturn actually used to advertise in a lot of RV-oriented magazines touting that exact capability.

A lot of newer vehicles are certified from the factory to be flat towed (jump to page 17).

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Am I late to the "Happy birthday old man leica" party? Happy birthday leica :v:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Tide posted:

I am, at my core, a big dumb kid. Life's too short to go through it too seriously. I can put on my "mature, refined face" when I need to; which, thankfully, isn't required too often.

Ditto. 43 here and most people think I'm a lot younger. I go to concerts and buy car parts with my bonus checks. I acted mature through my 20's due to wanting to be married so bad, getting divorced at 33 kind of reset the clock, and the person I enjoy hanging out with the most right now is my 12 yr old daughter. We went to a concert last weekend, and are going to another one tomorrow night, and another one 10 days after that. I'm going to 2 more with another friend between those. Winter's almost over here, spring is coming and I need to get out of the house/my head anyway.

Happy Birthday Leica you old fart.

Also welcome back Goatse Guy, I think of you like AI's cool sister, and you were missed. Fuckin' sausage fest around here otherwise.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 14, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

edit: got excited about cheap LEDs, realized they're older ones that pull as much power as a CFL for less light. nothing to see here.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Mar 14, 2015

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

You guys are an inspiration, either you're cool old guys, or cool young guys that give me some faith that not all youngsters :corsair: are twats, or you take the hits and keep getting back up, (or grab life by the ball:v: ) or you give me faith that any one of us could get up one morning and pick up a skill.

In other news I may be having a nervous breakdown and spent the last 10 hours cleaning up after a sick kid. I'm now at work waiting to start stitching a 2300t press back together because one end is literally falling off.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If the car/vw van market is like right now later in August, I may be able to afford a van and a 1914!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Happy birthday Leica. I'm 36 in a few weeks, and life's doing actually pretty alright right now.

Today, a friend of mine was the fastest guy at the Melbourne F1 GP, by a very very wide margin.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

leica posted:

Happy birthday and even approaching 46, I'm in the best fitness of my life. Approaching 50 doesnt mean anyone needs to slow down too much :D

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Why is Alcest always the best when driving to work on a rainy day :3:

NP: Les Voyages De L'Âme

Edit: STR it seems you aren't the only one with Cyber-Lupus: http://www.zdnet.com/article/panda-antivirus-mistakenly-flags-itself-as-malware-breaks-pcs/

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Mar 14, 2015

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Rhyno you are very wrong about the toadies FYI

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

leica posted:

Happy birthday :toot: Healthy body...sure at the moment it's cooperating.

Date last night didn't go terrible which was nice, seems like she enjoyed herself. Sounds like we're grabbing another drink when I get back in town. In other news I'm loving terrible at dates and stuff like that holy crap.

Think the 320i is getting new shifter bushing today. Going to be too nice to sit inside and tomorrow is going to be wasted traveling.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

leica posted:

I hear you, I'm thankful for being alive every day and don't take it for granted at all.

Thanks for the birthday wishes jerks :)

Happy birthday dude!

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
It's super pi day, 3/14/15 9:26.53am, hope you guys are gonna eat some pie today

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

rscott posted:

It's super pi day, 3/14/15 9:26.53am, hope you guys are gonna eat some pie today
Leaving aside your terrible date format invalidating the claim... I would if Domino's felt like actually loving delivering my food. Hour and a half so far, and I'm ten minutes from the drat store!

Edit: Finally turned up, Jesus Christ!

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

rscott posted:

InitialDave posted:

Leaving aside your terrible date format invalidating the claim...

This. I don't get the stupid backwards date format.

InitialDave posted:

I would if Domino's felt like actually loving delivering my food. Hour and a half so far, and I'm ten minutes from the drat store!

Mmmm.. pizza. But Jammie dodgers will have to suffice for now.

My local Domino's/Pizza hut are loving lightning fast to deliver here. If i go in to collect they all know me. :v:

• Locked thread