Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Hello Sailor posted:

You would know Atlantis was real if you were there. You have to believe in Poseidon to get in.

Here is an example of how to pray to Poseidon: https://natashahandy.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/prayer-to-poseidon/

If it doesn't work, it's obviously because you weren't doing it right or didn't have enough faith.

You clearly recognize what I just posted as a silly argument, because you don't already believe in Poseidon. Similarly, I recognize the abject stupidity of your posts because I don't presuppose the existence of the Abrahamic god (nor any others). That's the real problem with all this weird poo poo you come up with: it's really only convincing to people who already believe. A psychologist would call that a defense mechanism to reinforce irrational beliefs.

Atheist make up a very small percentage of the world population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Elephant posted:

And when you read the scripture are you reading it in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek?

I read the English translation.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Enchanter Homnibus posted:

I read the English translation.

This is a really bad idea if you're about to embark through the puzzle traps that lead to the Holy Grail, FYI.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

And?

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

site posted:

God made man in His image, so assume that God is a complete shithead. Closer to Hitler or Stalin than anything else, going of his appearances in the Old Testament.

And considering that He created you. What would that make you?

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Your views are not seen by most of the world.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

A non-sequitur, especially given that truth is not a popularity contest. There are a significant number of people living today, such as Hindus and Buddhists, who also don't believe in the Abrahamic god, nevermind that you're completely ignoring the fact that Jews and Muslims (and many Christians) don't agree with most of what you're spewing, either. Do you have an actual response?

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 14, 2015

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Who What Now posted:

Maybe God should have done a better job making people.

Adam and Eve would have had the innocence of a child and viewed all things as beautiful before they disobeyed God and acquired the knowledge of good and evil.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
We're all shitheads. Including you.

I notice you don't deny the premise or the argument though. lol

Adam and Eve would have had the innocence of a child and viewed all things as beautiful before they disobeyed God and acquired the knowledge of good and evil.
Because It knew they would realize It is evil.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Your views are not seen by most of the world.

...and?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

So how can one justly punish someone incapable of understanding the concept of consequences?

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Hello Sailor posted:

A non-sequitur. There are a significant number of people living today, such as Hindus and Buddhists, who also don't believe in the Abrahamic god, nevermind that you're completely ignoring the fact that Jews and Muslims don't agree with most of what you're spewing, either. Do you have an actual response?

About two thirds of the world believe in the Abrahamic God. Buddhist's do not have a god and can choose their own. Many choose to be Christian Buddhists. The Jewish religion is the smallest of all the major religions. Muslims fall short of understanding the Son of God and believe that the Holy Spirit is the angel Gabriel. Jesus defines the Holy Spirit best in scripture and He is clearly not an angel. Christianity is the largest and the most complete, truthful, religion in the world.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

site posted:

Because It knew they would realize It is evil.
And now we can see It for what It is.

Although, I would prefer the innocence and beauty of a child.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Although, I would prefer the innocence and beauty of a child.

Children can be huge assholes. The ability to talk and walk and hit develop well before empathy does.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

my point is...

About two thirds of the world believe in the Abrahamic God. Buddhist's do not have a god and can choose their own. Many choose to be Christian Buddhists. The Jewish religion is the smallest of all the major religions. Muslims fall short of understanding the Son of God and believe that the Holy Spirit is the angel Gabriel. Jesus defines the Holy Spirit best in scripture and He is clearly not an angel. Christianity is the largest and the most complete, truthful, religion in the world.

Although the Christian church was a minority when first started out. It is now the largest church in the world. I praise God!

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Children can be huge assholes. The ability to talk and walk and hit develop well before empathy does.

Not through a mother's eyes. Imagine how much more a child would be through the Father's eyes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

/threadclosed

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Not through a mother's eyes. Imagine how much more a child would be through the Father's eyes.

They're still assholes even if the parents are in denial, hth

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Idk guys, making fun of religion isn't as cool when OP lacks the mental faculties to engage even on the most basic level. All you're gonna get are one-liner crazyshit non sequiturs.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

You missed my edit a few minutes later, but that's okay. So, you accept or reject the idea that truth is determined by what the majority thinks (with no regard to a population's level of expertise or education), even when it's very clear that what the majority thinks changes over time?

If you accept the notion, what do you think about the clear trends of Christianity being on the decline and Islam being the fastest growing religion in the world at this time?

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 14, 2015

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

my point is...

Although the Christian church was a minority when first started out. It is now the largest church in the world. I praise God!

A majority of people are stupid and believe stupid things, I agree.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

They're still assholes even if the parents are in denial, hth

Do you base this opinion on your own childhood? Or is it that through your eyes today, you see assholes?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Hello Sailor posted:

If you accept the notion, what do you think about the clear trends of Christianity being on the decline and Islam being the fastest growing religion in the world at this time?

We discussed this on the first page: Biased opinions :rolleyes:

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Hello Sailor posted:

You missed my edit a few minutes later, but that's okay. So, you accept or reject the idea that truth is determined by what the majority thinks (with no regard to a population's level of expertise or education), even when it's very clear that what the majority thinks changes over time?

I reject that idea because I would believe in God if I were the only person in the world that He revealed Himself to despite the statistical data of churches.

He revealed Himself for the world to get to know Him. Jesus is also God. God from God. God's will is being done through the Christian Church.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

God's will is being done through the Christian Church.

Again: Which one, and what makes them more valid than the other sects? And what makes them true versus other religions?

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Who What Now posted:

A majority of people are stupid and believe stupid things.

Your hat size just grew a whole inch.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I reject that idea because I would believe in God if I were the only person in the world that He revealed Himself to despite the statistical data of churches.

He revealed Himself for the world to get to know Him. Jesus is also God. God from God. God's will is being done through the Christian Church.

So god wants children to be molested? :crossarms:

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

Again: Which one, and what makes them more valid than the other sects? And what makes them true versus other religions?

It is the Father's will that we be saved through His Son Jesus. The Lord's will is being done through all His Churches.The completed works of God can only be found in the Christian faith.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

What God wants God gets, God help us all
God wants peace
God wants war
God wants famine
God wants chain stories
What God wants God gets
God wants sedition
God wants sex
God wants freedom
God wants semtex

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Who What Now posted:

So god wants children to be molested? :crossarms:

Those priests were sinners and disobedient to God.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

It is the Father's will that we be saved through His Son Jesus. The Lord's will is being done through all His Churches.The completed works of God can only be found in the Christian faith.

And how is this an answer to the question I presented?

WHICH SECT. Which specific Christian sect is RIGHT? Multiple sects disagree with each other, who is right? And why is Christianity 'right' while ever other religion is 'wrong'?

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

What God wants God gets, God help us all
God wants peace
God wants war
God wants famine
God wants chain stories
What God wants God gets
God wants sedition
God wants sex
God wants freedom
God wants semtex

The question is...do you want to accept God's generous gift of grace and be a loving child of His in the afterlife with your Christian friends and family? Or do you choose to be scattered abroad to be a miserable evil child of Satan in the afterlife to do his will for all of eternity?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

The question is...do you want to accept God's generous gift of grace and be a loving child of His in the afterlife with your Christian friends and family? Or do you choose to be scattered abroad to be a miserable evil child of Satan in the afterlife to do his will for all of eternity?

"Oh no! Don't you want to be part of something I can't possibly prove as real? Or do you want eternal torture that I also cannot prove as even existing?"

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

And how is this an answer to the question I presented?

WHICH SECT. Which specific Christian sect is RIGHT? Multiple sects disagree with each other, who is right? And why is Christianity 'right' while ever other religion is 'wrong'?

Christianity is right because it the only church that has the completed works of God.

I believe that the Catholic Church is the best of all the Christian Churches. They give more reverence to Mother Mary and the Saints. And there is hope for those who don't make it to heaven through atonement. It would be the most loving of all the Churches.

Enchanter Homnibus fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 14, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Christianity is right because it the only church that has the completed works of God.

Which god? Or, your chosen god. Right. That makes your god most valid of all. How can that possibly make sense?

I believe that the Catholic Church is the best of all the Christian Churches. They give more reverence to Mother Mary and the Saints. And there is hope for those who don't make it to heaven through atonement. It would be the most loving of all the Churches.

The Catholic Church is a human creation. The Saints are HUMAN chosen that best reflected a HUMAN creation. Even the reverence for Mother Mary is a human idea.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

"Oh no! Don't you want to be part of something I can't possibly prove as real? Or do you want eternal torture that I also cannot prove as even existing?"

The irony is that some day when your are in the in the afterlife someone may look at you and say that you are not real.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

You must ask.

Mathew 7:7. Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

But you said

God and Jesus gather you and your family and friends in heaven so that you do not lose that which you love most in this world.

So what if some of my friends and family don't ask? What if they outright deny God, are apostate or pray to the sun? Won't I be separated from them in the afterlife? That's unacceptable to me, I reject salvation.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

Which god? Or, your chosen god. Right. That makes your god most valid of all. How can that possibly make sense?

The Catholic Church is a human creation. The Saints are HUMAN chosen that best reflected a HUMAN creation. Even the reverence for Mother Mary is a human idea.

The Catholic Church was started by the Son of God through His Apostle Saint Peter. It is the Mother Church that all other sects come from aside from the Orthodox Church.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

The irony is that some day when your are in the in the afterlife someone may look at you and say that you are not real.

Yeah, I'll be on an episode of ghost hunters and scare the piss out of a presenter.

Oh wait, ghosts have no firm basis in reality either.

The Catholic Church was started by the Son of God through His Apostle Saint Peter. It is the Mother Church that all other sects come from aside from the Orthodox Church.

Saint Peter was a human being, right? So the Church is a human creation by a guy who bought a story that Jesus was the son of God. THE God. As defined by Peter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Stop offering me things I don't want God; stop offering me a chance to look down on my burning family. Stop craving love from me, you needy, creepy God. Stop using me like a sock puppet to express admiration for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghcsrblhn7A

• Locked thread