Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

LoG posted:

Nice. What's the name of your bowling league?

Fuselli Bros Super Strikers, why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

HaB posted:

Fuselli Bros Super Strikers, why?

You bought fancy bowling shoes

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Harley C posted:

Can Americans please stop using the word hipster? Nobody cares that you are stupid enough to jump on the made up sub culture hate bandwagon.

If by chance you're British, you have absolutely no right to lecture on dumb vernacular.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

On that note... I saw this cover on ffffound.com so I grabbed the album on eBay. I got a turntable for Christmas and it is better (and worse) than digital.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

SaltLick posted:

You bought fancy bowling shoes

Well how else am I supposed to replace the rental pair I stole borrowed?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

colas posted:

I got a turntable

Now all you need is a tonearm and pick-up and you have a working record player :smuggo::smugbert::smug:

Corley
Feb 2, 2010

Leaving North America for the first time in my entire life so I got some stupid patriotic luggage :canada:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Phisty posted:

Leaving North America for the first time in my entire life so I got some stupid patriotic luggage :canada:

Good idea, that way no one will confuse you with an American. :ssh:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

gmq posted:

Good idea, that way no one will confuse you with an American. :ssh:

No no no, this is how Americans travel so that other people think we are canadien.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I met an american in mexico who said the same thing, thought it was pretty funny.

My dumb canadian accent is the obvious giveaway when traveling

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I've been debating getting the Asus strix gtx 970 a few people bought in this thread months ago for a while, and finally pulled the trigger today. Loaded up GTA5 on my ps3 the other day and realized when it comes out on pc I want to be able to crank every possible slider up to 11. Now when the hell is oculus rift coming out?

Edit: vv that's good to hear. I was concerned about the coil whine some people are getting on the 970's but apparently if I'm unlucky enough to get it you can alter the clock speed until the power draw plays nice with your psu and it'll disappear.

davebo has a new favorite as of 01:02 on Mar 14, 2015

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

davebo posted:

I've been debating getting the Asus strix gtx 970 a few people bought in this thread months ago for a while, and finally pulled the trigger today. Loaded up GTA5 on my ps3 the other day and realized when it comes out on pc I want to be able to crank every possible slider up to 11. Now when the hell is oculus rift coming out?

Amazing choice, I got the same card and it's almost silent even when running full blast.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Harley C posted:

Can Americans please stop using the word hipster? Nobody cares that you are stupid enough to jump on the made up sub culture hate bandwagon.

No. It's been in our vocabulary for nearly a hundred loving years now, deal with it. Yeah, it's being used a lot more lately, but my mom has a Mad magazine from the 70s making fun of hipsters.

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

Android Bicyclist posted:

Thank goodness you set me straight. I was worried living in Portland for about 10 years automatically transformed me into one. :jerkbag:

1. "Hipsters" don't wear plad shirts.
2. "Hipsters" would not be caught dead wearing those sunglasses.
3. "Hipsters" don't take selfies.
4. "Hipsters" shave their selves.
5. "Hipsters smoke, you don't look like a smoker.

I'm just trying to help you don't take it personally.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Muerte posted:

1. "Hipsters" don't wear plad shirts.
2. "Hipsters" would not be caught dead wearing those sunglasses.
3. "Hipsters" don't take selfies.
4. "Hipsters" shave their selves.
5. "Hipsters smoke, you don't look like a smoker.

I'm just trying to help you don't take it personally.
You have no idea what a hipster is, do you?

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Hipsters are a stereotype of a person who doesn't exist created so that people can make poo poo pop culture jokes about them.

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

Bottom Liner posted:

You have no idea what a hipster is, do you?

Maybe hipster varies from place to place, but in Chicago, I can assure you that man is no hipster.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Muerte posted:

Maybe hipster varies from place to place, but in Chicago, I can assure you that man is no hipster.

I can't wrap my head around how invested you are in this.

I got this.

edit: dumb

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

"gently caress this hipster"- guy who is looking at a guy with a mustache who could be a really nice person who just likes a certain aesthetic and is judged negatively because reddit told society that hipsters are pretentious.

Ps no I don't look anything like a hipster I look like a surfer if anything.

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004
you all look dumber than you think you do so shut up

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

''Hipster '' is the Scarlet letter of the 2010s hth

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Harley C posted:

"gently caress this hipster"- guy who is looking at a guy with a mustache who could be a really nice person who just likes a certain aesthetic and is judged negatively because reddit told society that hipsters are pretentious.

Ps no I don't look anything like a hipster I look like a surfer if anything.

Its people like you that make it more of a payoff to make fun of unwashed hipsters.

no skateboarding EVER!
Apr 21, 2003
Jagermeister & schadenfreude.
No true Scotshipster

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009

Same, because the internet keeps talking about it

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.
I got a new blanket because my washer ripped a giant hole in my favourite one.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
Well both of the copies of Thief and The Evil Within that everyone so strongly decried didn't even work, so I went and paid off my pre-order for:

App13
Dec 31, 2011

tentawesome posted:

Well both of the copies of Thief and The Evil Within that everyone so strongly decried didn't even work, so I went and paid off my pre-order for:

Played it at PAX. I liked it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

tentawesome posted:

I also preordered this, as well as Bloodborne. Can't wait to play the FFXV demo.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Because Stan loving Lee is going to be there.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Bottom Liner posted:

Man.... 92 years old and still going strong. He must have some superpowers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

He'll be dead before that you know. It always happens in threes.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Kritzkrieg Kop posted:

Same, because the internet keeps talking about it

The Internet needs to cut that poo poo out, as the price keeps going up every year. Billit used to be an amazing bourbon at an amazing price, now it's becoming an amazing bourbon at a pretty standard price.

Question for you go pro people: what do you do with all that footage? I have been toying with the idea of getting one to use as a waterproof camera to take pictures of fish to post on the Internet so that old men will tell me "nice fish! ", but that seems sort of dumb. Do you ever actually watch footage of your awesome bike rides? It seems like gopro clips are going to be the vacation slides of the 21 century.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I have a friend who bought a gopro and stuck it to his WRX when he fucks around in parking lots and does autocross. I once asked him if he ever watches the videos he makes and he's like not really, and I said well why do you expect others to? Literally no one watches or cares about some 35 minute video he uploaded. I always take a bunch of video from my camera when I go on vacation which could be interesting if I heavily edited it down, but I just don't care enough to do it.

Editing and doing interesting things is key, though - some pictures of fish would be cool if it's unusual and a 15 second video. I think people are trending more and more towards vine length, which is not a bad thing - just get to the action and it's all good.

Only you can decide if a $600 piece of gear is worth it for taking 15 second videos.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!
A magnet.

king of the bongo has a new favorite as of 20:29 on Mar 14, 2015

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Bhodi posted:

I have a friend who bought a gopro and stuck it to his WRX when he fucks around in parking lots and does autocross. I once asked him if he ever watches the videos he makes and he's like not really, and I said well why do you expect others to? Literally no one watches or cares about some 35 minute video he uploaded. I always take a bunch of video from my camera when I go on vacation which could be interesting if I heavily edited it down, but I just don't care enough to do it.

Editing and doing interesting things is key, though - some pictures of fish would be cool if it's unusual and a 15 second video. I think people are trending more and more towards vine length, which is not a bad thing - just get to the action and it's all good.

Only you can decide if a $600 piece of gear is worth it for taking 15 second videos.

This is sort of how I feel about it, I don't even really take pictures of anything, unless I'm going to immediately send them to someone whom I think might like it. Every couple of months I go through all the pictures on my phone and delete like 90% of them as I have no memory of why I thought something was important enough to record.

But at the same time, the compulsion that leads me to spend most of my free time and money to drag a fish out of the water, look at it, then put it back in the water, also leads me to strongly desire that other people see these fish that I have caught, and praise me for catching them. It is weird and dumb but it just feels so satisfying. In any case, I am sick of endangering phone and a gopro seems like a good solution.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Nothing wrong with that, I'd watch the hell out of a video montage of you proudly holding up fish, maybe if one event doesn't do it, save them up and edit it to be like fish, bigger fish, even bigger fish, tiny fish, frown at the camera, tiny fish, bigger frown, tiny fish, "Fishing season, 2014"

Especially if you've got a gopro mount in a fixed spot, it makes it really easy to do clean cuts. Honestly the bar isn't very high, you just have to be willing to spend an hour or two editing the video.

Bhodi has a new favorite as of 20:46 on Mar 14, 2015

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Aight, I legit laughed at this. Got a link?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Bhodi posted:

Nothing wrong with that, I'd watch the hell out of a video montage of you proudly holding up fish, maybe if one event doesn't do it, save them up and edit it to be like fish, bigger fish, even bigger fish, tiny fish, frown at the camera, tiny fish, bigger frown, tiny fish, "Fishing season, 2014"

Especially if you've got a gopro mount in a fixed spot, it makes it really easy to do clean cuts. Honestly the bar isn't very high, you just have to be willing to spend an hour or two editing the video.

Yeah, that is too much effort. I just want the three second high of a "nice fish dude!". I think a normal waterproof camera is a more realistic option.

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011
I got a crab cake burger without the bun from Red Robin because my adult kid wanted to eat there for his birthday.

It was pretty bad and I feel gross. I had tried to talk him in to sushi, but he was stuck on a burger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

LoveMeDead posted:

I got a crab cake burger without the bun from Red Robin because my adult kid wanted to eat there for his birthday.

It was pretty bad and I feel gross. I had tried to talk him in to sushi, but he was stuck on a burger.

Please don't dinner shame.