Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Crain posted:

poo poo. Now do I bet on Fnatic or NiP?

Going for Fnatic here. They've been throatstomping everybody. I'm 1 point away from gold cause I hosed up on that semi game and titan didn't advance.

Oh boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
fnatic will win but picking them is gross so go nip

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Damnit! 3 straight days and not a single drop. :( WHY U HAET ME, VOVO?

Edit: Last year's Katowice event, I got like 4 or 5 drops. Decent ones, too!

woodch fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 14, 2015

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

pick fnatic cause every time I type nip I feel a little racist

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fat Lou posted:

Ummm, no they haven't you loving idiot.
:shepface:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

woodch posted:

Yeah, same here. I haven't even gotten anything from playing in the past couple days either :smith:

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug

woodch posted:

What a luck sack. I watched every major last year and this year and haven't gotten poo poo.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

The Tec9 Toxic i bought for $0.80 before the further six rounds of buffs is now worth $8, thanks olof.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Fat Lou posted:

nip has played in the finals of the last 4 major tourneys

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 14, 2015

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

kcer posted:

fnatic will win but picking them is gross so go nip

https://gfycat.com/UnlinedEuphoricBat

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

woodch posted:

Yeah, you can gently caress off. I've watched every match of every major and gotten 0.

Fnatic is probably going to win, but I really hope NiP puts up a good fight.

edit:

All of the items from order have now been shipped:

1x Spectator Pass - CEVO Season 6 LAN Finals - Default Title

Any of you nerds coming?

Waltchelg fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 14, 2015

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
You guys remember at dreamhack winter, when fnatic revealed that pixel walk spot in a quarter final or something? That was fun.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Syncopated posted:

You guys remember at dreamhack winter, when fnatic revealed that pixel walk spot in a quarter final or something? That was fun.

This will always be my favorite skin.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Fat Lou posted:

They're in the finals now, lost the finals at Dreamhack Winter 2014, won ESL Cologne, lost at the finals of EMS Katowice 2014, and lost Dreamhack Winter 2013. So yes they have, you loving idiot.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Thug Lessons posted:

They're in the finals now, lost the finals at Dreamhack Winter 2014, won ESL Cologne, lost at the finals of EMS Katowice 2014, and lost Dreamhack Winter 2013. So yes they have, you loving idiot.

i think lou's point is 'not this team' not 'not the organization'.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Ernie. posted:

Four of the five players are the same though?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Goop posted:

This will always be my favorite skin.

Hahaha holy gently caress

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Syncopated posted:

I don't know what this means, can someone explain?

Ernie. posted:

That's a dumb distinction to make. That's like saying the Yankee's WS wins between 1923-1978 don't count because the current team wasn't alive then.

Thug Lessons posted:

Four of the five players are the same though?

Also this.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Crain posted:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_BlwqhOM6s
Fnatic used an exploit that gave them a hilarious advantage to take victory when they clearly were gonna get stomped. Drama ensued.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

nftyw posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_BlwqhOM6s
Fnatic used exploit that gave them a hilarious advantage to take victory when they clearly were gonna get stomped. Drama ensued.

Oh that. I saw that, I didn't know it was called a pixel walk. I always heard it referred to as the triple boost.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
LDLC/fnatic on Overpass was the greatest match in GO history

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Fnatic probably would've won in the finals but nerds threw a fit and started crying about e-honor

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

Fnatic probably would've won in the finals but nerds threw a fit and started crying about e-honor

Yeah, I really didn't like that they stopped the match and ruled on that strat. Boosts are just a thing in CS, it's gonna happen. I also particularly hated that people were treating it like they had cheated. A common line I kept hearing was "Fnatic sat on this strat for a YEAR(6 months, some amount of time) and didn't alert valve or tell anyone about it!".

No poo poo. It's a powerful spot. They're going to keep it quiet till they really need it. If valve wanted to patch it out afterwards that's fine, but it wasn't like they had glitched out of the level and were killing people from the skybox.

If that spot had been kept in the game all that would have happened would be that overpass would be an insta-ban in map selection. But stopping the match because they were winning too hard was dumb.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Didn't they have a thing in the rules about doing stuff like that though? I don't remember the competition rules because I don't care enough but I remember hearing that. In which case the organisation should have stepped in pretty quickly but they let it go for a lot of rounds. I doubt having that in there was intended but there's a lot of wonky stuff in the game. Like I think they should disable the ability to throw grenades from banana through the outside of the map into the new box spot. But then i remember reading about other things I consider weird things happening like the skybox being lowered so you bounce grenades off it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Goofballs posted:

Didn't they have a thing in the rules about doing stuff like that though? I don't remember the competition rules because I don't care enough but I remember hearing that.
Yeah. It broke two rules if I remember correctly. Pixel-walking and you could use the boost to make textures invisible.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Oh ok. I thought they just managed to reach a particularly tall ledge, not that they were abusing an invisible piece of geometry.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

UltraVariant posted:

Yeah. It broke two rules if I remember correctly. Pixel-walking and you could use the boost to make textures invisible.
They said there was no rule against pixel walking. Reddit found an old rule book where that rule was still in from 1.6 or something. The problem there was that the current rulebook wasn't on the site or something. The texture invisible part was a rule which caused more drama because there were a couple rounds where LDLC did a less gamebreaking boost that also saw through textures. Initially during the game the admins said it was legal. The whole thing was hilarious.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

teagone posted:

I think he could use a 2 or 3 more pins. :lol:

*audible sigh*

He's a CS:GO dictator, GEEZ!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Friendly chiken

pls no

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Game refuses to let me change cl_updaterate from 64 to 128.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Sir John Feelgood posted:

If it's 64 tick it forces your rates to 64.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

iNteg posted:

If it's 64 tick it forces your rates to 64.
I try to change at the home screen, does nothing.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

CampingCarl posted:

The whole thing was hilarious.

I liked the part where daddy Fnatic or sponsors or whoever made them forfeit because what they did was so dirty

e: I also picked them for tomorrow :shobon:

RedQueen fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 15, 2015

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Yeah as someone who doesn't bet on (or really watch) pro games, the entire thing was hilarious and great. 10/10

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I try to change at the home screen, does nothing.

Doesn't it depend on the server itself?

(I may not understand what's going on though)

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Goofballs posted:

Like I think they should disable the ability to throw grenades from banana through the outside of the map into the new box spot. But then i remember reading about other things I consider weird things happening like the skybox being lowered so you bounce grenades off it.

What? No, smokes off of skybox and such are the coolest.

:colbert:

Learn the cool smokes yourself, its the best feeling when you nail a tricky smoke. (Like the window smoke from T spawn on Mirage)

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHGp00ukt28

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

cl_updaterate is limited to the server value. Set it to 99999999 and it will still be 64 on Valve servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

How do I feel about EnVy losing that match?

And, I've been playing about two week now. Hated CSS but this has been fun so far.

• Locked thread