Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChibiSoma posted:

Y-you need eight Akantor Tails to make the Master Sword.

:byodood:

That fucker's no joke. I beat him but it took 45 minutes to do. He killed me by roaring once. And then he was stingy as gently caress and only gave me five items even though I cut off his tail and broke both fangs. t:mad:t

Also, what in the gently caress is with his weapons? Do they become amazing after you upgrade them or something? I was expecting them to have at least blue sharpness, but some don't even go past yellow!

they have extremely high raw but bad sharpness. If you can hit weak spots your dps will be great but good luck breaking anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Can someone explain to me the appeal of the Seregios mace that makes Gaijin Hunter endorse it?

Right now, I can make a a Seregios Mace, which has no element but high raw, (the middle version that sits at around 988) or I can use my current weapon which is a Leonid Starcrusher, which has 988 + 200 damage on fire element.

One would appear to be clearly better than the other but aside from the lack of needing Sharpness +1 I don't get it.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Night Blade posted:

Can someone explain to me the appeal of the Seregios mace that makes Gaijin Hunter endorse it?

Right now, I can make a a Seregios Mace, which has no element but high raw, (the middle version that sits at around 988) or I can use my current weapon which is a Leonid Starcrusher, which has 988 + 200 damage on fire element.

One would appear to be clearly better than the other but aside from the lack of needing Sharpness +1 I don't get it.

did you watch the video? Higher sharpness is effectively higher raw compared to an equal weapon with lower sharpness. Always being at full sharpness equals more damage and faster kills.

There are better weapons for specific situations, but seregios stuff is excellent all purpose gear

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

Night Blade posted:

Dodge 5 times to regain 5 hits worth of sharpness. It adds up, hugely.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Night Blade posted:

The Seregios mace sharpens itself on evades, and the damage bonus from white sharpness more than makes up for the fire element, unless something is super weak to fire, especially since you can then use those handicraft points on another skill. 200 fire just isn't that much on a hammer.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Night Blade posted:

High sharpness, and it self sharpens on rolls. It also upgrades to natural purple sharpness, which frees up armor skills for other things, giving you more flexibility in picking armor sets. Think of it as a good weapon to get the ball rolling. There are likely better weapons for certain hunts, but Seregios shouldn't be a bad choice.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
There is no greater feeling than getting a Fighting Palico with Rath-of-Meow+, Team Attack Up, and Artillery Cat (or whatever it's called). The tank they make is INSANE.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
I like Dark Souls but need a game I can pause more easily. Will this game scratch that itch? Also, is the camera fine on an old 3DS?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Chump Farts posted:

I like Dark Souls but need a game I can pause more easily. Will this game scratch that itch? Also, is the camera fine on an old 3DS?

You can pause at any time by hitting start, then up (goes to the bottom of the menu), and then hitting A.

The camera is fine, the monster cam is all I use and I have a CPP. It's just convenient to be able to move it, but not neccessary.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wow, Shagaru Magala just kicked the poo poo out of me. That was not fun in the slightest.

Zodack posted:

You can pause at any time by hitting start, then up (goes to the bottom of the menu), and then hitting A.

Or just by closing your DS.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Im thinking about making an elemental SnS set.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

More than ten minutes waiting for my supply items after making that Rathian run to her nest and that dick makes me abandon the quest. Kinda sad Kushala Daora didn't finish the job now.

I don't think I've ever destroyed Rathian quite like that before, when you're on a roll with the GS it's just amazing.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Finding a group competent enough to beat Dalamadur is way harder than the fight itself.

Akantor is pretty easy with a greatsword. Just stay underneath/behind him and bring adament seeds because his defense down debuff is brutal.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Flython posted:

More than ten minutes waiting for my supply items after making that Rathian run to her nest and that dick makes me abandon the quest. Kinda sad Kushala Daora didn't finish the job now.

I don't think I've ever destroyed Rathian quite like that before, when you're on a roll with the GS it's just amazing.

I started on the Monoblos GS and sweet loving crap does it destroy monsters.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

I've been wanting to make that one because it looks amazing but my I'd feel bad giving up my Red Pincer.

What's the best way to get bumblepumpkins?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Flython posted:

I've been wanting to make that one because it looks amazing but my I'd feel bad giving up my Red Pincer.

Luck at Wycoon's.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
I know this has been mentioned in the thread before, but i can seem to find the posts. What is the best way to get Dundorama Tuna, I have looked on Kiranico and it isnt giving me any helpful information. and I need alot of earth crystals to upgrade my hunting horn.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Quincytbb posted:

I know this has been mentioned in the thread before, but i can seem to find the posts. What is the best way to get Dundorama Tuna, I have looked on Kiranico and it isnt giving me any helpful information. and I need alot of earth crystals to upgrade my hunting horn.
Fishing in Dundorma

e: Eat for felyne fisher and make an armor set with Ranger

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 15, 2015

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Flython posted:

Use the farm. I just have the Wycoon churn out Honey and I have way too many Pumpkins.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

Does combo plus work in the house? Or can you only proc multiple items on a hunt?

Yeah, it works anywhere. I put together a set just for making tons of bomb casings.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
what happens if apex jho eats some meat

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

Elysiume posted:

Fishing in Dundorma

e: Eat for felyne fisher and make an armor set with Ranger

In hindsight that location was a little bit obvious, I was trying random fishing holes and the sunsnug island like an idiot.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Black gravios is the great satan. I spent a good portion of the fight not contributing anything because I was on fire.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

dragon enthusiast posted:

what happens if apex jho eats some meat

He's immune to status effects while Apex, so probably nothing other than regaining stamina. If he's knocked out of apex all bets are off AFAIK.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Apex Rajang is not that much worse than Furious Rajang. Swings a lot wilder than the previous version but if you're on the ball you can approach the fight similarly.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

On the subject of rajang: the apex rajang who pays you an unexpected visit during the Sculptural Seltas quest actually broke off seltas' horn for me AND killed it within 5 minutes, because rajang is just that insane

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Colapops posted:

On the subject of rajang: the apex rajang who pays you an unexpected visit during the Sculptural Seltas quest actually broke off seltas' horn for me AND killed it within 5 minutes, because rajang is just that insane

:kimchi: He just wants to help his hunter buddies.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.
After 4 days of trying, I finally got my kill credit for Gogmazios. It was starting to seem like a curse. I'd join a group, we'd do great on the first run or two, and then we'd queue up mine and everything would fall apart, and people would bail. This happened every time, for probably 15 hours of play time, maybe more. Today, I managed to get a group that didn't quit when we failed (twice, not because of me thankfully), and I got my drat bronze crown. The sad thing is that I really like that fight, I just wish it were more like 10 minutes instead of 20, because it really starts to drag about halfway through.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
I'm starting to feel the itch to hammer again and I have just one question:

If I make the Seregios hammer and charge it up, do the scales feather out? This is very important.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Sard posted:

I'm starting to feel the itch to hammer again and I have just one question:

If I make the Seregios hammer and charge it up, do the scales feather out? This is very important.

Absolutely

Jack Burton Windu
Oct 4, 2004
It's all in the Jedi Reflexes...
Had random group today that played terribly and did almost everything wrong, but we never failed a quest and I got my hr4 key quests done. The group disbanded right before Pink Rathian because the guy still using autoguard with his switch axe set started telling everyone else that they needed better armor.
Pickup games are really hit or miss for me, but I am so glad I can do it without xlink kai or being tethered to a wii u.

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010
Then only way to play these games is to roll with a set that purposefully has poo poo skills for the weapon your using, with the hopes that you might get someone to say something in the room and people come back to the forums and sperg out about you. You'll be so cool.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Touchfuzzy posted:

Then only way to play these games is to roll with a set that purposefully has poo poo skills for the weapon your using, with the hopes that you might get someone to say something in the room and people come back to the forums and sperg out about you. You'll be so cool.

Collecting -10 talismans is the real key to success in monster hunter.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

got a seregios dissenter on my first kill...from the 1% quest reward :D way to go rng

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So do palico skills, matter in the end? As in I should look for some certain ones?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So now that I've defeated Shagaru Magala, I'm in Hi-Rank Caravan, right? Time to ditch the 'Drome armor and start grinding?

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Has anyone got any recommendations for HBG armour around caravan 8*? I've got a 3 slot bowgun and charm so I've got a bit of versatility, I've got no idea what armour to go for though.

I was originally thinking Lagombi for the built in evade distance points, but I just made a blademaster set and it'd be kind of boring looking exactly the same for this too. Any other standouts? I suppose I can always gem in evade dist. if needed, it'll just take up most of my free slots to do it.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Tenzarin posted:

So do palico skills, matter in the end? As in I should look for some certain ones?

Yes, some combinations are really strong for quests. Apart from that, you'll definitely want to keep Palicos with good Meownster Hunter quests as well, because they'll be important for dressing up your cats :kimchi:

Toast King posted:

Has anyone got any recommendations for HBG armour around caravan 8*? I've got a 3 slot bowgun and charm so I've got a bit of versatility, I've got no idea what armour to go for though.

I was originally thinking Lagombi for the built in evade distance points, but I just made a blademaster set and it'd be kind of boring looking exactly the same for this too. Any other standouts? I suppose I can always gem in evade dist. if needed, it'll just take up most of my free slots to do it.

Do you have an Evade Dist charm? If so, Azure Rathalos is incredibly good for Normal Shot HBGs. It has 6 slots, although you might have to use 1-2 of them for Health Gems so you don't start with abysmal health. You'll want a charm with Evade Dist +4 at the very least.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 15, 2015

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Tenzarin posted:

Only for single player. They don't do squat in MP unless you're 2-manning quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Evil Mastermind posted:

So now that I've defeated Shagaru Magala, I'm in Hi-Rank Caravan, right? Time to ditch the 'Drome armor and start grinding?

Yeah, now you can ditch the Velocidrome set for the high rank version: Velocidrome S. Happy murdering!

• Locked thread