Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

SedanChair posted:

But you said

So what if some of my friends and family don't ask? What if they outright deny God, are apostate or pray to the sun? Won't I be separated from them in the afterlife? That's unacceptable to me, I reject salvation.

Hell is a scattering of souls. You will not see your friends nor family there. God is Spirit. He knows your needs. And He spoils His children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Enchanter Homnibus posted:

Hell is a scattering of souls. You will not see your friends nor family there. God is Spirit. He knows your needs. And He spoils His children.

Unless you displease him, then scattering souls for you!

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

SedanChair posted:

Stop offering me things I don't want God; stop offering me a chance to look down on my burning family. Stop craving love from me, you needy, creepy God. Stop using me like a sock puppet to express admiration for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghcsrblhn7A

Without God you will be doing the dirty work of Satan as a devil and still not see your unbelieving family.

Enchanter Homnibus fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 14, 2015

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

Unless you displease him, then scattering souls for you!

Wrong. This is a spiritual reality. You have already "displeased" Him by not believing in Him and speaking out against Him. He is a loving God though. He is no stranger to doubters. If you turn to Him and His Son Jesus and ask for forgiveness He will forgive give you and you will not be scattered amongst the lost of the Netherworld.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Without God you will being doing the dirty work of Satan as a devil and still not see your unbelieving family.

Sounds like terrorism to me. Nope, I choose torment and separation from everything over serving a weird clown god who wants me to love him while my family burns.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

This is a spiritual reality.

Please define the word 'reality' with examples of 'spiritual reality', thanks in advance. Bible quotes and appeals to your personal faith do not count.

Wrong. This is a spiritual reality. You have already "displeased" Him by not believing in Him and speaking out against Him. He is a loving God though. He is no stranger to doubters. If you turn to Him and His Son Jesus and ask for forgiveness He will forgive give you and you will not be scattered amongst the lost of the Netherworld.

Man, I'm so sorry I've pissed off your invisible supreme being friend. Tell him to grow a pair like Zeus did and do something about it.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

SedanChair posted:

Sounds like terrorism to me. Nope, I choose torment and separation from everything over serving a weird clown god who wants me to love him while my family burns.

The devils in hell act like evil clowns. They are big-headed fools.

Is this what you want for you and your children?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I think you are projecting your own personal fear of clowns.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

I think you are projecting your own personal fear of clowns.

I have seen and heard the dead myself. They are big headed fools. I am currently offering up atonement for their sins so that Jesus will save them.

From the NAB, 2 Maccabees 12:46. Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from this sin.

MY GOD IS MIGHTY TO SAVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivKwteFOMIg

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

Please define the word 'reality' with examples of 'spiritual reality', thanks in advance. Bible quotes and appeals to your personal faith do not count.

It is in the old testament has been known for thousands of years and all the Abrahamic God believing religions would share the same view.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I have seen and heard the dead myself. They are big headed fools. I am currently offering up atonement for their sins so that Jesus will save them.

From the NAB, 2 Maccabees 12:46. Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from this sin.

MY GOD IS MIGHTY TO SAVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivKwteFOMIg

So, everyone, what have we learned here: Enchanter is probably a schizophrenic with recurring mental episodes who has a fear of psychiatrists due to his prognosis and, possibly, one of his episodes involved clowns.

Get help Enchanter. You need real help.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

So, everyone, what have we learned here: Enchanter is probably a schizophrenic with recurring mental episodes who has a fear of psychiatrists due to his prognosis and, possibly, one of his episodes involved clowns.

Get help Enchanter. You need real help.

My teacher of the visible cannot see beyond it. The student thus surpasses the teacher.

Enchanter Homnibus fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 14, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

My teacher of the visible cannot see beyond it. The student thus surpasses the teacher.

:rolleyes: I'm sure you have. Get help.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

:rolleyes: I'm sure you have. Get help.

You have the rest of your life to look beyond this world and think of your eternal soul. I suggest you do so.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

You have the rest of your life to look beyond this world and think of your eternal soul. I suggest you do so.

Haven't really needed a soul. It seems rather crass to even assume we have one. Making claims and appeals to your religion and dire warnings about 'Your eternal soul'TM with no actual basis in anything other than your personal faith and beliefs reeks of being disingenuous. We have no reason to believe your claims other than you standing at the side wearing a billboard trying to warn us about 'THE END IS NIGH!'

Many doomsayers have come before you. None have ever proven their claims. Neither have you.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 14, 2015

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

Haven't really needed a soul. It seems rather crass to even assume we have one. Making claims and appeals to your religion and dire warnings about 'Your eternal soul'TM with no actual basis in anything other than your personal faith and beliefs reeks of being disingenuous. We have no reason to believe your claims other than you standing at the side wearing a billboard trying to warn us about 'THE END IS NIGH!'

Many doomsayers have come before you. None have ever proven their claims. Neither have you.

Yours is merely conjecture, not mine. I have done more to prove that God exists in my opening post than you will ever prove otherwise.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Yours is merely conjecture, not mine. I have done more to prove that God exists in my opening post than you will ever prove otherwise.
You have proven nothing. Your God is false and one day he will die.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I have done more to prove that God exists in my opening post than you will ever prove otherwise.

You've made claims. Claims that are unprovable. That is what faith is. Its a personal belief, not one verifiable with evidence. Any attempt to 'prove' god is a direct refutation of your claims to faith. Belief without evidence. There is nothing for you to prove, and by claiming you've proven it, you basically commit blasphemy.

Yours is merely conjecture, not mine.

Really, got some studies showing souls are a real and tangible item? There's a Nobel prize in your future if you can.

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

You have proven nothing. Your God is false and one day he will die.

Seriously. So many Gods and Goddesses have come before. Why is this iteration any different?

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

I read the English translation.

Which translation? Why?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

site posted:

But Yahweh controls Lucifer, and thus caused the fall and all other actions by Adam, Eve, and all of humanity.

Please respond to this line of questioning, thanks.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I reject that idea because I would believe in God if I were the only person in the world that He revealed Himself to despite the statistical data of churches.

He revealed Himself for the world to get to know Him. Jesus is also God. God from God. God's will is being done through the Christian Church.

Great, we agree that truth isn't determined by the majority. Unfortunately, that means you've self-refuted your original reply to me. If the Abrahamic god doesn't exist, then it doesn't matter how many people do or don't believe in it. So, I repeat myself: do you have an actual response?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

No, but I'm certainly not about to submit to some tyrant God in order to avoid it.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

Your God is false.

It is a big headed person whom thinks he is more than his Creator.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Its almost as if we have no evidence of a creator or something.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Those priests were sinners and disobedient to God.

But the churches are hiding and protecting those sinners, so you're saying God wants child rapists to be shielded from prosecution. Sweet, glad we could clear that up.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

But I am, objectively, more than my creator. I'm a good half foot taller than either my mom or dad! :v:

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Elephant posted:

Which translation? Why?

I read the NKJV Study Bible. I choose the New KJV because it is written in more modern day language and easier for me to understand. Many people prefer the KJV over the NKJV. I choose a Study Bible because it has scholastic interpretations. I am Catholic and would like to get a Catholic Study Bible, but I just haven't got around to getting it yet. It has seven additional books. Also, as a Catholic, I have the big book of Catechism of the Catholic Church.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

Its almost as if we have no evidence of a creator or something.

You believe man over God.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Well yes, we choose to believe the thing we have evidence of the existence of(other humans) over the thing we have no evidence of the existence of(the Abrahamic god). We in fact have evidence that the Abrahamic god comes from a reinterpretation of an older minor Levantine deity.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

All your bible verses were written by men too.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

SedanChair posted:

No, but I'm certainly not about to submit to some tyrant God in order to avoid it.

God is love. He is no tyrant.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

SedanChair posted:

All your bible verses were written by men too.

Written by men. Spoken by God.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

God is love. He is no tyrant.

Then I should be able to say "gently caress God" and still be let in. If God has even the morality of human parents he should be able to handle that.

Spoken by god because the men claimed to speak for god, but there's no evidence other than lens flare apparently.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I live in a world governed by reality and by evidence. That is what I must judge the world by, not the invisible and unknowable.

Back that claim up. Its written by men. There's no reason to believe they actually consulted with god over it.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

I live in a world governed by reality and by evidence. That is what I must judge the world by, not the invisible and unknowable.

Back that claim up. Its written by men. There's no reason to believe they actually consulted with god over it.

It is wise to believe. And foolish not to believe.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

It's foolish to believe, and wise not to believe.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

No no no, let's word this properly

In my opinion,It is wise to believe. And foolish not to believe.

Your personal faith in your religion does not count as proof of its validity. Never will. Claiming someone is wise or foolish for believing or not believing is prideful. Which is a sin, FYI.

In my opinion, you are foolish for not believing in Odin and his sacrifice.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

SedanChair posted:

Then I should be able to say "gently caress God" and still be let in. If God has even the morality of human parents he should be able to handle that.

Spoken by god because the men claimed to speak for god, but there's no evidence other than lens flare apparently.

Lets not take God for granted. God has given us all things and we are beggars before Him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

CommieGIR posted:

No no no, let's word this properly

Your personal faith in your religion does not count as proof of its validity. Never will. Claiming someone is wise or foolish for believing or not believing is prideful. Which is a sin, FYI.

In my opinion, you are foolish for not believing in Odin and his sacrifice.
This whole thread is a sin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

site posted:

This whole thread is a sin.

:getin: You're in too deep now.

• Locked thread