Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Kilometers Davis posted:

If you don't soak your new guitars for a week in a vat of aged billy gibbons urine then you're nothing.

Also good for masking your scent when out hunting milfs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
whenever some dude gives me poo poo I relic the gently caress out of their guitar against a curb.

free of charge :smug:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

If you don't soak your new guitars for a week in a vat of aged billy gibbons urine then you're nothing.

Oh, BILLY gibbons. God dammit, now I have to send all of these apes back.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
I use MAB Patent Wig Tonic, works a treat.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Kilometers Davis posted:

Wait... you're not suppose to drink that?

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

A Winner is Jew posted:

Wait... you're not suppose to drink that?

As long as you pour some out for Elijah you're good.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Otherwise my position stands as stated: I think you don't have someone antique your new guitar, any more than I want someone to sell me a cabinet that is brand new; but looks thirty years old because it's been beaten with chains and sand-blasted and tortured under lamps. You want looks? Play it. A lot.

I might want reliced cabinets. Maybe my cabin in the woods has a rustic look, but the cabinets are broken, and I want them to match. I don't want a whole new kitchen, man. Not a whole new kitchen!

Dr. Faustus posted:

I know you don't like it. You don't have to like it.

But I'm the original owner of this guitar. Is it older than you? I'll wager it plays better than you.

You might play better than me (that's a pretty safe bet, really), but your guitar does not. It doesn't play better than anything. It's an inanimate object.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Faustus, you are a very nice and genuine guy. Please stop walking blindly into these dumb internet arguments and taking them too seriously.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

HollisBrown posted:

Faustus, you are a very nice and genuine guy. Please stop walking blindly into these dumb internet arguments and taking them too seriously.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

HollisBrown posted:

muike posted:

I am a mess and I know it. I am passionate about my love of music and instruments, but that in no way excuses my stupidity in arguing online about it.

Please bear with me while I try to address these flaws in myself.

It's not like you haven't seen me in every kind of stupid flamewar.
I promise to try to do better.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 10, 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
How did I know that Faustus was behind a 40 post increase to this thread?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I just got this yesterday

It is nice

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

What's this? There's someone at my door at eight in the morning! Who could it be?

The strange man handed me a box, and inside was this! I wonder what it is?

It's a pineapple! :dance:

Time to learn to music and also drive my roommate nuts.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Oh man I really want a ukulele. Anyone have any suggestions on a good starter one, in the $100-200 range?

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Schpyder posted:

Oh man I really want a ukulele. Anyone have any suggestions on a good starter one, in the $100-200 range?
Have I got a thread for you! (They'll probably recommend a concert-sized Kala, and buying from a dealer that sets the uke up before shipping it, such as The Ukulele Site.)

Siivola fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 13, 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Schpyder posted:

Uke's are so 2010 though. Get on that next level twee instrument from yesteryear poo poo: take up the autoharp.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I played around with an autoharp back in said yesteryear (my best friend's dad probably still has it), and let me state for the record: autoharps suck.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ever since owning an 8 string I've sworn off anything that looks painful to tune/restring. This is why I'll never own a 12 string guitar.

Real facts: banjos are king. Buy a maple bluegrass banjo and be a folk bluegrass hero.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Schpyder posted:

I played around with an autoharp back in said yesteryear (my best friend's dad probably still has it), and let me state for the record: autoharps suck.

That they do. For real though I'm surprised we don't see more indie chicks rocking that elementary school music extension teacher steez jamming some Michael Row Your Boat Ashore.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Schpyder posted:

Yeah they are boring as crap to play and I can't ever recall a song where I thought "hey, the autoharp really brings this together".

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah they are boring as crap to play and I can't ever recall a song where I thought "hey, the autoharp really brings this together".

I wouldn't say that the autoharp "brings this together" but isn't an unwelcome addition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2SIbH1ycXw

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!

Hollis Brownsound posted:

I wouldn't say that the autoharp "brings this together" but isn't an unwelcome addition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2SIbH1ycXw

Not really fair when its Garcia/Grisman. You'd need to put the autoharp in drop D to ruin that.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
New toy day! I've had the Tele for a few months but never got around to taking a picture, just got the HT-1 in today and I'm loving it in comparison to my old Peavey Vypyr. So pumped, and apparently my dog is too because she won't leave it alone.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Quite A Tool posted:

New toy day! I've had the Tele for a few months but never got around to taking a picture, just got the HT-1 in today and I'm loving it in comparison to my old Peavey Vypyr. So pumped, and apparently my dog is too because she won't leave it alone.

I loving love Silverburst . Nice purchase.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 14, 2015

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

comes along bort posted:

That they do. For real though I'm surprised we don't see more indie chicks rocking that elementary school music extension teacher steez jamming some Michael Row Your Boat Ashore.

It's made its way into some twee music, it's pretty irritating and always slightly out of tune

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Dirt posted:

I loving love Silverburst . Nice purchase.

I've always had a raging hard on for silverburst ever since I saw Adam Jones playing a silverburst LP. Since those are silly expensive and I wanted a Tele anyways I figured I'd combine the two.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
If you're doing any sort of recording and mixing and you're not doing it with Fabfilter plugins, you're doing it wrong.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
pretty tele pictures are the beat reason to click on this thread
i found an extra graphite nut in a box of guitar bits and after i get it filed to size ill have me a new tele, too! :D

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Another pic of the body, I can't really photograph the grain well though, it looks really deep in person

It's a good Gibson, sounds awesome

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 15, 2015

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Hell yeah curvy guitar club

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Scored this guy from Craigslist earlier today. It's not easy to find nice lefty guitars. Sounds and looks great, playing it will take some getting used to compared to my RG.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

nrr posted:

I get my Jag on Mon hopefully will post :v:

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

Another pic of the body, I can't really photograph the grain well though, it looks really deep in person

It's a good Gibson, sounds awesome

That does look excessively pretty.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hammer Floyd posted:

That does look excessively pretty.

It's hard to get a good pic and I don't want to whore it too much but I do love it, yeah man, it looks great and plays better :)

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

nrr posted:

Even my pointy guitars are curvy

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

I just picked up a Toronado. I'm usually not into offset guitars but this filled a need that my strat and tele couldn't. A couple of the saddles are stripped so I'll have to replace those before I can get the action just right. I'll pick up the original tone/volume knobs and some of the pickguard and pickup screws are corroded. Other than that it is in decent shape.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

muike posted:

That's fascinating, because my curvy guitars are pointy!

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

muike posted:

grind/sand/w.e all ur guitar points into curvy curves all day errday imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

like, instead of paying a dude to bang and scuff and scrape up your guitar relicwise, pay him to scrape and sand and buff and shine your guitar until its curvy as gently caress