Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pratan posted:

Is Velious dropping soon? There were 100+ people poopsocking the Iceclad dock in Nro.

They had a PoG stress test last weekend so either those guys know something we dont or they're just guessing because of all the "final beta push" posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I just logged in and it was maybe 25-30 Rampage people.

Eptar
Jan 14, 2003
Oh no, not again.
Which one of you...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

Eptar posted:

Which one of you...

Doesn't matter now, they ain't no goon anymore (get it? It's because they're dead).

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Eptar posted:

Which one of you...

Go on til death.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

his name was goontildeath

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?
so is that how I quit the forums? the sweet release of death?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Basfreak67 posted:

so is that how I quit the forums? the sweet release of death?

Rip basfreak67, we barely knew ye.

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god
Just hopped on to get a character ready for Velious. Started a mage - any chance you guys have some spare INT junk sitting around?

Dick Something
Aug 3, 2006
Hail, gamers. I just started playing this mostly so I could spam the Kelethin lift lever like it's 1999. I'm an 11 barbarian shaman looking for friends and potentially more. Will SoW you.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I played Imperious to level 51 over the past couple days. It's been fun but getting a little repetitive at this point. No one really wants to group or duo with you ever, non-top-tier zones are always empty. The bots work surprisingly well but can still be a little too stupid sometimes.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
well if you can level that fast it only makes sense that the population is in the top tier zones. I'm never in a hurry to level on 1999 because you can find groups no matter what level you are

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
On the other side of that, if you have extremely limited time to play games, Imperium is pretty fun for exploring all that content nobody wanted to do on live. I'm level 13 after a few short sessions. Started poking around Befallen.

The wiki is down but I was able to use google's cached version to pull up the bot commands.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Summit posted:

On the other side of that, if you have extremely limited time to play games, Imperium is pretty fun for exploring all that content nobody wanted to do on live. I'm level 13 after a few short sessions. Started poking around Befallen.

The wiki is down but I was able to use google's cached version to pull up the bot commands.

You can also type '#bot help' in any chat window (without the quotes) while playing and it'll give you the whole list.

hayden. posted:

I played Imperious to level 51 over the past couple days. It's been fun but getting a little repetitive at this point. No one really wants to group or duo with you ever, non-top-tier zones are always empty. The bots work surprisingly well but can still be a little too stupid sometimes.

FWIW, I've seen people in /ooc asking for groups and such - they're there, it's just primarily a solo experience so there's not much demand for it.

I'm in agreement with Summit, I'm playing this server mainly to see all the zones and content I heard about but never got to play. I'm not even really in a hurry to do the progression stuff; the last couple of times I've played, I've just picked a new dungeon to explore and gone through it.

Man I really get the impression the original designers hated the playerbase (THE VISION), the older dungeons are literal deathtraps less because of the monsters and more because of the poo poo camera views and the way the dungeons are designed so you're picking up adds through walls and stuff :psyduck:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Bruteman posted:

Man I really get the impression the original designers hated the playerbase (THE VISION), the older dungeons are literal deathtraps less because of the monsters and more because of the poo poo camera views and the way the dungeons are designed so you're picking up adds through walls and stuff :psyduck:

But this is what made the game great. You got punished hard but when you achieved man did you loving achieve. The sense of achievement you got from gruelling those against all odds dungeons, or encounters was amazing. Especially when done with a good group.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

It's worth noting that aggro mechanics, especially when it comes to aggro through walls and stuff, I've heard is fairly different from how it acted on live.

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

Rocketpriest posted:

Thank either of you/both of you. I'll probably be on from now until late tonight murdering the poo poo out of skeletons in the vain hope that people still buy bone chips in bulk at this late date.

edit: vvv Awesome, glad to know I'm not murdering dead people in vain. Also, big thank you to Basfreak and Whatever Galak's SA name is. You guys rock. Now I will kill skeletons super fast! The dream.

Hey Altoxica - I have your sword in EC but haven't seen ya online yet. I'll keep trying /who all Altoxica and will give you your sword whenever we happen to be online at the same time.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

ohno posted:

Hey Altoxica - I have your sword in EC but haven't seen ya online yet. I'll keep trying /who all Altoxica and will give you your sword whenever we happen to be online at the same time.

Oh, I ended up grinding up some newbie plat and buying one, but thanks!

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009
Continuing on with the Eqemu chat, I've been on and off making a server for quite awhile now after being frustrated with the grind of p99. The idea is to keep it classic with some customizations, I've chopped up the world and editted zonelines so that not all zones are used. Evil race/class combos start in Neriak, goods in Kelethin/Felwithe and shorties in Kaladim. Most of the popular dungeons are still in, but some are in different places because of the custom zone connections. My line of thinking being if it's ever released it would have a smaller player base and therefore you'd want a smaller world.

I changed a lot of the itemization, making some of the more useless items have better stats as well as adding in popular items from unused zones into some named's loot tables. I also editted the code to make stats more meaningful in general, especially AC. The first thing a warrior is going to want to do is get suited in some patchwork.

Other small things include some melee disciplines through levels 1-50, common gems are minor augments that can be fitted into armor. Popular quests that involved hnused zones have been altered to fit into the used zones. Quest rewards have also been greatly improved, they are actually worth doing now.

Kind of rambling at this point but does this sound even remotely enjoyable? I've been around EQEmu for over a decade now and wanted to make a server using ideas I've liked over the years while maintaining a very classic feel.

the last signal... fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 19, 2015

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I dig it, it's like an EQ that was designed by someone who doesn't spend their days popping their employees' pills

I'd play it. I'd double-play it if I could solo a bit better than p99 also.

HurkyPangles
Nov 13, 2011
Anyone have a crappy weapon or armor for a shaman that they can get rid of? My cracked staff is starting to not cut it on the damage output, and spells blow at level 1 and 5. (I dont even have my level 5 spells cause troll in EC)

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

the last signal... posted:

Continuing on with the Eqemu chat

I always thought it would be cool for all mobs to drop full suits of armor and weapons - because realistically they all have at least cloth armor, and they're usually going to have weapons. You should do this.

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009

blatman posted:

I dig it, it's like an EQ that was designed by someone who doesn't spend their days popping their employees' pills

I'd play it. I'd double-play it if I could solo a bit better than p99 also.

It would definitely be more soloable than p99, with duos being able to progress through dungeons pretty well.

hayden. posted:

I always thought it would be cool for all mobs to drop full suits of armor and weapons - because realistically they all have at least cloth armor, and they're usually going to have weapons. You should do this.

I actually thought about doing that, but I think it would just end up with too much lovely spam items otherwise you'd get rich too quick. And who wants to wade through 20 pieces of junk loot every time they kill a mob.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Can someone with archives look into the previous thread and tell me when I posted asking for...I think I was asking aparmenideanmonad if he was coming on so I could borrow money or something? I'm trying to figure out a date I made an account and its super tedious because none of my usual emails were used to make it.

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?
Stream is up at twitch.tv/dompybear if anyone wants to listen to generic rock music and watch me fail as a monk.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Synnr posted:

Can someone with archives look into the previous thread and tell me when I posted asking for...I think I was asking aparmenideanmonad if he was coming on so I could borrow money or something? I'm trying to figure out a date I made an account and its super tedious because none of my usual emails were used to make it.

I can probably figure it out from looking through my in game logs, remind me of your character name.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I can probably figure it out from looking through my in game logs, remind me of your character name.

I'm not sure I spoke to you on that particular character, and this was before kunark dropped. I THINK the character was named Isellthings or isalethings, was a halfing and never left rivervale. You may have spoke to me on Katous if you actually have a log that far back. I'm pretty sure you were the one I borrowed money from anyway.

Synnr fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 21, 2015

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

Got in an orc group in EC where everyone was using cracked staves. Really scratching that itch.

nightonthesun
Apr 23, 2002
I just rolled an ENC. I'm a DE in nektulos. Send me a tell if you want to group up.. Name's Miriym.

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

nightonthesun posted:

I just rolled an ENC. I'm a DE in nektulos. Send me a tell if you want to group up.. Name's Miriym.

Sure, I'll probably be sitting in EC trying to get a weapon or banded armor most of the day but I can stop by and SOW you. IG: Soyle

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

dirty nub posted:

Sure, I'll probably be sitting in EC trying to get a weapon or banded armor most of the day but I can stop by and SOW you. IG: Soyle

What size do you need? IGN: Skullmonkey (Blue)

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

Pillow Armadillo posted:

What size do you need? IGN: Skullmonkey (Blue)

Large, everything but the neck and waist piece.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

dirty nub posted:

Large, everything but the neck and waist piece.

If you can get your hand on the large molds, I'll craft it for free. Looks like they're sold in cities I'm KOS in

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

HEY VAPER posted:

Who's on red? Anime (38 rog) Robocop (49 bard) and Hardon (54 druid) are my dudes send me a tell if you have a dude around my range.

Oh poo poo Hardon you're playing? Anybody else back/around? Ashenden (52 bard, I bet coming back to that is gonna be a bitch) and Jinouga (54 monk, owes Latege stacks of plat still)

Looks like most goons still playing are on Blue?

E: Not that I'll actually be playing any time soon, Bloodborne coming out.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 24, 2015

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i'm 53 monk at the moment on red, Tegg, hit me up if you wanna grind

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

After months of on/off grinding guards in Oggok, I got my Monk to 50, and enjoyed the proccing of my Adamantite Club and SoS. I then ran back to Freeport, banked, and logged out, probably not to return for a good while. :P

Jumping back on Live EQ for a good while I think now.

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.
So I'm about to hit 20 on Blue (Shaman) and Upper Guk seems like a shitshow. The ZEM may be higher than anywhere else, but the zone seems to be continuously camped by twinks who don't want to group, and I'm not twinked so I can't solo in there very well.

Are there people grouping in the outdoor zones in Kunark? On live those were great because, while they were less exp per kill, you could just pull non-stop even with multiple groups in the zone, plus they were relatively safe.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

War Eagle posted:

So I'm about to hit 20 on Blue (Shaman) and Upper Guk seems like a shitshow. The ZEM may be higher than anywhere else, but the zone seems to be continuously camped.

Are there people grouping in the outdoor zones in Kunark?

Both guks are crazy busy on blue. Not everyone is a twink, so just go LFG and hope for the best. If you can invis and run around, then search for players and ask to join or duo. You can always make small groups and claim unnamed hallways as your "camp".

Kunark is hit or miss in terms of groups, but groups are possible. Overthere normally has several 34+groups going, but 20 groups are rare.

If you're 20, then go to aviak town (KFC) in south karana. Groups are common there.

Also, join the goon guild. We had six 20-40 players on last night.

Can anyone with unknown guild rights promote a few more officers? We normally have players online, but officers are rare. My in game name is Gakan.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

War Eagle posted:

So I'm about to hit 20 on Blue (Shaman) and Upper Guk seems like a shitshow. The ZEM may be higher than anywhere else, but the zone seems to be continuously camped by twinks who don't want to group, and I'm not twinked so I can't solo in there very well.

Are there people grouping in the outdoor zones in Kunark? On live those were great because, while they were less exp per kill, you could just pull non-stop even with multiple groups in the zone, plus they were relatively safe.

I am now a 28 rogue and have been having the same issue, although in HHK / Mistmoore now since upper guk is greening out. I have been advocating the same issue. People would rather sit on waiting lists to join 'the' group in a ZEM zone for hours rather than group with others an XP elsewhere.

I remember when LOIO -> FM (giant fort) -> OT -> DL was the natural progression to 50 on my server, I miss it, waiting lists in these zones weren't a thing. You would just find other people, start you own group and begin killing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Arae posted:

Both guks are crazy busy on blue. Not everyone is a twink, so just go LFG and hope for the best. If you can invis and run around, then search for players and ask to join or duo. You can always make small groups and claim unnamed hallways as your "camp".

Kunark is hit or miss in terms of groups, but groups are possible. Overthere normally has several 34+groups going, but 20 groups are rare.

If you're 20, then go to aviak town (KFC) in south karana. Groups are common there.

Also, join the goon guild. We had six 20-40 players on last night.

Can anyone with unknown guild rights promote a few more officers? We normally have players online, but officers are rare. My in game name is Gakan.

I'm in the guild, IGN: Posatrocible.

Gonna go give the Kunark zones a shot after I hit 20 in Oasis tonight.

• Locked thread