Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Zeike posted:

Tonight while playing online I heard a rumor that disturbed me, and I'm hoping that you'll confirm that it isn't true.

The Rumor: one of She-Hulk's powers will be RANDOM team ups with other heroes in the game.

This is REMARKABLY CLOSE to the power that I outlined for Ben Grimm over a year ago(Jan. 2014) when you called for what Thing advocates wanted to see in his 52 revamp. As you may recall I was pretty vocal about Thing being Thing and not being Hulk lite. And One key idea that I offered at that time was this:

Things ULTIMATE should be called "Two-In-One" and come out of the classic book that starred Ben in team ups Book. He should call some of the heaviest hitters in the Marvel Universe -- from Namor to Black Bolt to Hercules and everyone in-between, and on a RANDOM basis, which would make this power even more fun.

I'm hoping that She-Hulk rumor is just that, with no truth to it. Or that you won't say the idea is different because She-Hulk will only team up randomly with players that are already in game, which is just derivative of the basic idea for Thing.

Mostly, I'm hoping that the ideas you solicited in Thing's forum will remain with Thing. So please tell me that it isn't so. It will not only ease my mind, but the minds of countless Thing lovers who play MH, and have waited patiently for over a year for Thing's 52 review.
Respectfully yours,
AncientSpirit

P.S. A year later, I no longer think that the Two-In-One Power needs to be an Ultimate power. It can be an ordinary power, with a typical summons cool down. But it shouldn't be She-Hulk's power. It should be Thing's.

Ha ha Ancient Spirit is the Thing's answer to Lleowynn. That being said he's responsible for Thing getting a "hit people with a telephone pole power" so he's not all bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

The sound she made was probably the scariest thing I have ever heard in my life.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I am no longer the Punisher. Call me... Mr. Hula Hoop.

(I noticed it because it was spinning around him and making a horrible clanging noise.)

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Musluk posted:

:nws: :nms: He listens to this :nws: :nms:

VV can't blame ya VV

That was terrifying. I thought that sound was dubbed over

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I need a rainbow on Pun.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I need a rainbow on Pun.

They are tradeable, right? I don't have to whale out on that poo poo to get it, do I?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I bought 10 cards and didn't get one so gently caress this

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
I've got 5, wtt for swiggin++

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I thought I would be happy with sparkles on my Squirrel Girl but I really need those rainbows for her.

And also for Doctor Doom once he comes out.

Hopefully those cards don't take an entire year to come back to the store. Can't spare the cash for a chance at a video game rainbow thing for a while.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The whale in me really wants to pick up AP2 now that it's back, but the part of me that remembers Bucky exists refuses to let me enter the credit card numbers and trust them on a pre-order again.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

I think non stealth characters will continue to be pretty good. With Buckey they felt that stealth was such a powerful utility that they had to balance around it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

godface zillah posted:

I think non stealth characters will continue to be pretty good. With Buckey they felt that stealth was such a powerful utility that they had to balance around it.
Yet X-23 has stealth and she's been way more fun since launch. I dunno, I still just have such a sour taste in my mouth from that hybrid-in-everything-but-actual-play, poorly-itemized, awkward, janky pile.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
X-23's stealth power has a cooldown. Which can be reduced by defeating enemies, granted, but it's not the same as Bucky's roll letting him enter stealth at will.

Then again I enjoyed Bucky enough to kit him out really well by my standards, so. :shrug:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Yet X-23 has stealth and she's been way more fun since launch. I dunno, I still just have such a sour taste in my mouth from that hybrid-in-everything-but-actual-play, poorly-itemized, awkward, janky pile.

I don't think I've ever used stealth on x23 once. I don't even does anything like it does with Bucky or BW who get a bonus damage from stealth, but stealth is so finnicky who knows if you'll get the bonus or what?

I don't like psylocke cause of the stealth either.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think it's mostly because Buffy is actually a really lovely comicbook character who has very little personality and is basically just a gimmickless modern-age Captain America.

He has nothing to serve as an actual hook for skills other than he shoots guns and has a cyber-arm that isn't a gun for some reason. Franny already has "angry man shoot gun" covered and then some, while Widow has "Russia spy" locked down hard, leaving nothing for Buffy to distinguish himself with except for some reason just jamming "angry man punch a bit" in that unfocused mess of a playstyle.

I don't think I even have X-23's stealth on my bar.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
The difference is they tried to work stealth deep into some of WS's mechanics. With X-23 they just tossed a single power on at the last minute to shut up the "BUT SHE'S AN ASSASSIN!" idiots.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

It probably doesn't help me any that I have like 1700 splinters even after buying Iceman, because of buying the bring on the bad guys pack + playing a TON of everyone who came out of that pack. So if there's, what? 3 people I like in there + Doom (Doom's a must-buy no matter what and I'm guessing he'll be 600?), I'm set.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Burned out on Muspelheim and didn't want to level up at cosmic 40+ on Iceman with this event so:

I cleaned his stash out a long time ago so this event will be nice for gearing him back up across the levels.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

X-23 has a defensive passive that you can put on your bar for a terrible stealth if you really want to

Lozareth posted:

Burned out on Muspelheim and didn't want to level up at cosmic 40+ on Iceman with this event so:

I cleaned his stash out a long time ago so this event will be nice for gearing him back up across the levels.

Pls explain why I should do a drat thing during this event. I have never though of MH events as blatant cash grab until now; zero interesting content or buffs but "hey spend some money for these cards that have a couple of cool things!!! Enjoy the poo poo that sells for 100 credits a piece"

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

77% serverside isn't bad if you have guys you want to level. Other than that there isn't a whole lot.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Pls explain why I should do a drat thing during this event. I have never though of MH events as blatant cash grab until now; zero interesting content or buffs but "hey spend some money for these cards that have a couple of cool things!!! Enjoy the poo poo that sells for 100 credits a piece"

It's a good time to level good characters you don't want to rush through? I'm doing Punisher right now and the modest boost and guaranteed uniques/artifacts from bosses are really nice.

I mean, cosmic week is for terminal farming or yellowmanning, omega week is for omega farming or knocking out prestiges/lovely characters, etc etc. There's nothing wrong with a mostly normal week in between all of that.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Yeah I've been leveling some characters I haven't really felt like leveling before, like Spider Man.

Also I need to get another 184 splinters by the time She Hulk comes out.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

This was starting to be an issue when I played before, and due to the over-the-topness of some of the events it's seemingly gotten worse. The reason people should play during this event (or any other) is because the game is fun-it shouldn't be necessary to "bribe" people to play their game. I can't imagine this binge & purge cycle they're seeming to get people on is good for the health of the game (or sales, if you have to keep doing bigger and bigger events to attract people to play). They should just bump server XP by like 50% or something permanently, and save RIF/SIF/XP buffing for really rare events (maybe their anniversary day, Xmas, and one or two more).

It kinda reminds me of the bogo sales-how at first they really spiked sales because they were new and people wanted to take advantage of them, but as they became more common people got in the habit of just waiting for them.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

The 'this trash stuff that sells for a good amount' is also nice for those of us who haven't played for a thousand years. I've only gotten like two hours of play since the event started, and I managed to get from 15 to 17 on my enchanter.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Lozareth posted:

Mr. Whale and Mr. Whale, our two cosmic dads.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Um, ok.

After omega/cosmic, what can really compare?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Odin's Bounty is pretty good.

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!
Damnit, it's Sunday... why hasn't the one thing everybody's waiting for been posted yet? Where is Scourm's new build?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Most of the events are pretty good. This one is just...meh. Maybe if the buffs didn't have a cooldown (or had a much lower cooldown) I might be more interested. Getting an extra Facet of the Uni-Power every 30 minutes isn't much of an event.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Only good part of the event is I'm saving up a good number of reliquaries for Shulk.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:siren: :siren: MUSCLEHEIM RESULTS INCOMING :siren: :siren:

Amazing job from all competitors. All 4 of you put up excellent times and really showed your stuff. I think I'd love to make this the new TTK/TTL test. I know nick had some ideas about this, and we will talk about it. Anywho, on with the show!

$20 for all losers.

MrPeabody (Moon King) vs Preliquary (Spoderman) -- 1:57 vs 2:13

Peabody: http://youtu.be/5vB3TKtawQk
Prel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8e3JRe5wVs

Lozareth (Loki) vs Skrybbles (Scarlet Waifu) -- 2:05 vs 1:53

Loza: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wEumIKGL0Q&feature=youtu.be
Skrybbles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLAgVkDORI8&feature=youtu.be

WINNERS: MrPeabody's Moon King vs Skrybbles' Scarlet Waifu in the FINAL ROUND!

$50 on the line! (Might do $60, thank you all donors again)

Holy gently caress to both players. Even our final 4 here, just holy cow. The skills! Is Scarlet Waifu new best char in the game? Can Moon King be stopped? Was Loki right along? Is Spoderman still terrible? Is Loza's wife going to be OK or is she Googly-eyed for skrybbles?!?

Tune in next week for the grand finale of the Super 88!

Final term: Dr Doom! All 3 chests must be present, and because you both do video and I'm a sadist, ALL BOSSES MUST BE KILLED.

That means first boss in the outdoors, 2nd boss after the long bridge and 3rd right before Dr Doom have to go. Then, you will defeat Dr Doom's 3 stages.

375 enemies down, all the bosses..all the monies.

Submissions due Sunday. What an amazing ride!

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!
Lol, gently caress, I didn't know about the Soulsword. That could have been bad. Here's my 2:07 time without using any of the cheating bullshit, if anybody's interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICKW0wqhkhc

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

RIP Prel.

All hail the moon king.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Please respect the Soulsword, where we have finally found a purpose.

Soulsword, new great item in Murple Hurples 2016

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
The swapping going on in these vids is hilarious.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh, I will allow a fatality to be performed on the final boss aka Doom. He will be dead forever and Mr Gaz will have to replace him with Omega Red.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Congrats Skrybbles and Peabody. I will gift you the Invisible Woman tokens I promised to 1st and 2nd place next time I log in (so never)

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Eiffel On You posted:

WINNERS: MrPeabody's Moon King vs Skrybbles' Scarlet Waifu in the FINAL ROUND!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

^^ That entirely. I guess I'm gonna yellow Scarlet Waifu already. Too godly. Best in game. It's offish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Yes, Spider-Man is still terrible. I don't know if I could get < 3 min without Soulsword/Dust of Death/Helm of Doom. Even before I was using ranged for Dust of Death I was forced out of melee because he can't take hits long enough to stand there and punch. He has pretty awful spirit issues with punch build too. You can get knocked out of or killed out of your sig and leaping assault. It's not like he has exceptional damage to make up for any of that. He's not the worst hero in the game, but he's bad. Indefinitely will not willingly play him again until he gets a pretty big QoL.

It's kinda unfortunate that the runs this round came down to trying to get the best set of procs off nullify items, but I think everyone was in on it at least. I'd venture that 2:07 Peabody posted without any gimmick would crush anything S-M/SW/Loki could put up normally (and probably beat most of the rest of the roster too).

Grats MrPeabody and Skyrb. I'm pulling for the moon man in the finals.

Prel fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 15, 2015

• Locked thread