Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
It's already patched on the bone. Downloaded a patch earlier tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
"Could God create a glitch so fun that even He would not want it patched?" :wotwot:

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
You mean like the "crawl under glass doors" one? :getin:

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

"Could God create a glitch so fun that even He would not want it patched?" :wotwot:

Quickscoping

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Titanfall was hella fun last night and goons should play it instead of this.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

I'm gonna sign us up for GameBattles. :rms:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

That's how I know Satan exists, and hasn't yet fooled everybody into thinking he hasn't. :colbert:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Freaquency posted:

It was really fun to pub stomp with a full group. We should do that more often.

Also the Variety Pack playlist was fun, I usually play Attrition so it was cool to mix it up.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
Are goons still playing this on PS4? I applied to the Pillow Talk clan, but I don't know if the members are still active.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

ABSpidey does, but nobody sends invites to each other because :effort:.

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!
Im

Freaquency posted:

getting my bone this weekend. I think it comes with TF

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Guess what game is coming to PS4
http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/03/12/titanfall-2-confirmed-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Maybe I'll actually get this one.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Sweet.

quote:

One thing Zampella was keen to think about changing was the DLC model for the future, citing Evolve's commitment to keeping the community united via free maps for all as the ideal way forward.
"I think that's a fantastic way to do it," he said. "I think having the maps like that in packs, it does split the community and it makes it harder for matchmaking, it's messy. Yeah. I don't know we won't do it again, I can't say that for sure, but the idea would be to do something different."

I can dream... :allears:

Odds on it ending up as Mapless SKU + Premium All Maps Dewrito Edition! SKU?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Maybe they've finally figured out they can give free maps and still make a fuckload on selling kawaii camo and dumb hats.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

SubponticatePoster posted:

Maybe they've finally figured out they can give free maps and still make a fuckload on selling kawaii camo and dumb hats.

Sadly this is a viable business tactic. I bought drat near everything in ghosts.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
is there a good deal on TitanFall right now?? I grabbed the free DLC

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

They're currently running a promotion where if you buy Titanfall, you don't have to contemplate playing AW.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

A SWELL DUDE posted:

They're currently running a promotion where if you buy Titanfall, you don't have to contemplate playing AW.

The PC version of the game was on sale for like ten dollars last week. Now the only version available is the $20 deluxe edition, which includes all DLC which is free right now.

Don't play Titanfall no matter how good the deal is.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Fibby Boy posted:

Sadly this is a viable business tactic. I bought drat near everything in ghosts.
I bought a couple of camos too, it's fine. Just don't splinter the playerbase and make all the buyable stuff irrelevant to gameplay. Much better than "we released umpteen map packs and the probability of everyone having all of them is small so have fun with those reduced player counts!"

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted

El Chingon posted:

Are goons still playing this on PS4? I applied to the Pillow Talk clan, but I don't know if the members are still active.

I booted it up for the first time in months last night, have to admit I enjoyed it. Not a single guy in the clan in-game, though. Any ps4 folks can add me at DocBonestron.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

PS4 clan has a lot of members but most just get mad when you spam them invites

I log on at various times and if I can't get a couple people in a small group I just bounce :/ hate public games

Adding everyone I can though that plays ps4

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
This game is dumb and if you still play it you are dumb which means I'm dumb.

I especially like the fact that the first map pack has been out for a while now, and they are advertising the second one, but I still can't play any of the new maps unless I'm playing moshpit, and even then I seem to get stuck with search and destroy. I'd rather stab my dick off with a rusty spork than play S&D ever again.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
It's ok i paid for the DLC and cant get it to download

either that or it downloaded and just none of the new maps are popping up.

$15 well spent!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
From what Cobol posted it seems like the new maps aren't in regular rotation yet, you'd need to play in Moshpit or whatever playlists specify they have the map pack in rotation. I believe that's how Ghosts was, in fact I don't think any of the maps were in regular playlist rotation until all the map packs were out (which was in September or something).

It's always been a problem with COD map packs, I feel like I rarely ever play the new maps because of the playerbase split and now because they stopped adding them into regular playlists.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
TitanFall is like $17 on Microsoft's ebay store, I should have it in couple days. I hedged on them adding it to EA Access when I traded it in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EA-Titanfall-for-Xbox-One-/261437388294?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cdee1f606

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

From what Cobol posted it seems like the new maps aren't in regular rotation yet, you'd need to play in Moshpit or whatever playlists specify they have the map pack in rotation. I believe that's how Ghosts was, in fact I don't think any of the maps were in regular playlist rotation until all the map packs were out (which was in September or something).

It's always been a problem with COD map packs, I feel like I rarely ever play the new maps because of the playerbase split and now because they stopped adding them into regular playlists.

I mean we could just play tdm.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Honestly i didnt realize that was a legit thing,thought he was having problems too. Never played ghosts, mw3 was my last CoD

Im on ps4 btw if any of yall are looking for somebody to play with. Cant say im a pro but i try to stick near a teammate at least if i see one.

Lost my cheapo headset and my good one broke though so im voiceless atm.

E: tag is midgetstomper_ i dont play a ton but if im on anyway im usually down for a few games

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...campaign=buffer

Cod4 lead designer comes back to Infinity Ward.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I don't know if I should be excited about this or not. Its weird that Activision would hire him again given the circumstances regarding why he left in the first place. Then again Mark Rubin is gone so that could be a good change for the company.

Mill Village fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 16, 2015

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Wazzit posted:

In Ghosts, map packs were not added to the rotation until the next map pack was released. I have no idea why adding DLC maps is hard. Treyarch added them instantly and put up an additional playlist just for the DLC maps if you only wanted to play them.

Does anyone want to play this dumb game later on the bone (or perhaps have a throwback night)?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
http://charlieintel.com/2015/03/18/advanced-warfare-ascendance-dlc-available-march-31st-on-xbox/

Exo grapple is enough to make me remotely interested in the dlc.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Probably fake but I wonder how going beck to WWII would be received now, after the future war CODs

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wouldn't it have to be it's own thing, given how the storyline for Reznov goes?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Couldn't it be like that book where someone time-travels with technology where it ultimately alters the modern day /future?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

If it's an Inglorious Basterds homage using tech from AW, Final Countdown style, then I'm in. :getin:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 24, 2015

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... yeah, I dunno. World War 2 videogames are to me what 90's fashion is right now. Just because everyone is insisting that it's cool again doesn't make me any more interested in reliving it all over again. Rehash after rehash after rehash. Culture is kind of embarrassing on every level right now.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

People are getting sick of modern style fps games, so I don't really understand how going right back to the previous tired style of fps games is going to help.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Call Of Duty: Ancient Warfare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Nubians are O.P.P.

• Locked thread