Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Turtlicious posted:

I mined up the stuff for a basic smelter, but I don't know how to load it, and I don't know how to smelt things.
You right click on it to open it up, it needs to be dropped in the world to actually be able to cook ore into ingots.

Turtlicious posted:

E: Does the happy face do anything? I click on it and it seems to do nothing which sucks, because I would have loved to been able to click on the face, then the pocket baker, and get a short tutrial and how the pocket baker works.
Its supposed to cause the AI guy to pop out and give you little tips and stuff, but it looks like I busted it in the last update or something because its not working for me either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Lucid Dream posted:

Also I made it so you can rename weapons and armor because why not

Excuse you, the skull club is my go-to corpse run tool. :colbert:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Dareon posted:

Excuse you, the poop from a butt is my go-to corpse run tool. :colbert:

ftfy.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Working on this weird thing:

Also, watching the gif again it looks like I need to make sure the player "unequips" his fists when he dies :V

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Holy crap that thing looks brutal.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Lucid Dream posted:

Also, watching the gif again it looks like I need to make sure the player "unequips" his fists when he dies :V

Oh God....I can't unsee that...

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
We're finally making a proper craftable from the bits you get from the Flyers

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

It's both creepy and amazing that it looks like it's grafted right onto the guys back. This gives me an idea for a machine that lets you graft parts of other creatures onto your body to get pros and cons of each. For example, those wings let you glide, but don't let you wear any back slot items. Graft armored carapace chunks onto your body to make you more resistant to various types of trauma, at the cost of becoming heavier, thus walking slowly and not being able to jump as high. Surgically attach claws to your hands to greatly increase your melee damage, but the more deadly the part, the less you are able to pick up and wield properly.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
So you can like, do a descending kick on stuff with those wings, right?

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

neogeo0823 posted:

It's both creepy and amazing that it looks like it's grafted right onto the guys back. This gives me an idea for a machine that lets you graft parts of other creatures onto your body to get pros and cons of each. For example, those wings let you glide, but don't let you wear any back slot items. Graft armored carapace chunks onto your body to make you more resistant to various types of trauma, at the cost of becoming heavier, thus walking slowly and not being able to jump as high. Surgically attach claws to your hands to greatly increase your melee damage, but the more deadly the part, the less you are able to pick up and wield properly.

We've definitely talked about doing that kind of semi-permanent upgrades, having things that persisted after death like that would be interesting. Right now the glider thing is just a normal piece of back equipment, but doing something more involved would be possible down the line.

Kitfox88 posted:

So you can like, do a descending kick on stuff with those wings, right?
I haven't tested it yet but if it doesn't work yet I'll make sure it does.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Lucid Dream posted:

We've definitely talked about doing that kind of semi-permanent upgrades, having things that persisted after death like that would be interesting. Right now the glider thing is just a normal piece of back equipment, but doing something more involved would be possible down the line.

Maybe an alternate use for the cloner? Something to do with genetic engineering your clone perhaps?

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Lucid Dream posted:

Working on this weird thing:

We're working on this gross fart gun to go along with the sulfur monster:

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I will never get tired of this.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Please tell me one of you suggested a dart gun and the other misheard and presented this. Ala Despicable Me.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Kids, do not over-pressurize the fart gun.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Reversal of fartune!

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Here is a cute goat:

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Fitting that it should headbutt you in the 'nads in return for kicking it in the head.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Lucid Dream posted:

Here is a cute goat:

Signs of Life (until the goat finishes headbutting your junk)

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Lucid Dream posted:

Here is a rehabilitation screen for relaxation during the times when space just gets too dark and depressing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SwLe3na5JM
It should totes play snippets of these when you're near it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB4m885sTeE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH1JMdWpJ54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQGm0H9l9I4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHAfvUFtCIY

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Odd note: the basic smelter and smelting furnace will allow the player to add multiple types of fuel to the fuel slot at once, then will use the stacks simultaneously at the same rate as if there were only one.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Haskell9 posted:

Odd note: the basic smelter and smelting furnace will allow the player to add multiple types of fuel to the fuel slot at once, then will use the stacks simultaneously at the same rate as if there were only one.

That's doesn't sound right, I'll look into it, thanks.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Confirmed for me, at least in the advanced smelter:

Additives work fine though.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Mephiston posted:

Confirmed for me, at least in the advanced smelter:

Additives work fine though.

Yep, I see whats wrong in the code, it'll be fixed next update.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Months ago I whined about the thin station platforms not being sink-through-able (a verb I just coined) by hitting 'down.' This has since been changed, and if the player just keeps 'down' depressed the avatar will keep falling though any number of platforms until he or she reaches terminal velocity and takes damage at the bottom of the fall if it is long enough.

Please do not change this. The first time it happened it was loving hilarious. The second time I was just angry at myself.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Haskell9 posted:

The first time it happened it was loving hilarious. The second time I was just angry at myself.

Haha, fantastic, that is exactly what we're going for.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Added a loot all button to containers for the next update:

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Will it auto-sort into appropriate bags upon loot, too?

I ask because occasionally I run into something that won't do that, and has to be manually sorted into bags.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Mephiston posted:

Will it auto-sort into appropriate bags upon loot, too?

I ask because occasionally I run into something that won't do that, and has to be manually sorted into bags.

Yeah, it should. If you keep track of the things that don't auto-sort and let us know I'll make it do so if possible.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
drat, I last played this game a year ago. Amazing to see how far it's come. Glad you're sticking to the usage of gifs to show off the game!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Just picked this up. seems great so far but I can't find a keycard. I found two bases on the surface, one with a broken window (i looted everything and could not find a card) and the other is inaccessible without a card. Is it a bug?

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Machai posted:

Just picked this up. seems great so far but I can't find a keycard. I found two bases on the surface, one with a broken window (i looted everything and could not find a card) and the other is inaccessible without a card. Is it a bug?

The keycard is located in the Pioneer Station base with the intact window above the right entrance and you can get into that base by breaking the window with a iron weapon or better weapon or an explosive. Once you get inside the Pioneer Station the key is located somewhere in the barracks. We're not totally happy with the way the key is found, and we've got plans to change it eventually when we get around to adding a proper intro/tutorial.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Here is a tree tap we're adding to the next update:

We probably won't have it finished in time for the next update but we're working on adding sloped terrain to the world generator, here is a comparison with lighting turned off:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Sloped terrain looks purty, though it might be worth investing in one or two extra slope tiles that are slightly differently shaped and randomly varying between them since at the moment the little trio of bumps gets repetitive quickly.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

"Will we get a treetap variation usable on animals?" Was the first thing that came my mind. I'm not sure why :v:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Install a sheep tap to harvest delicious wool juice.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Lucid Dream posted:

We're finally making a proper craftable from the bits you get from the Flyers

This is rad, although I think it might look better if your character tilted forwards a bit during flight (glide?).

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
We put out a beta update if you folks want to try it out. We'll be pushing it to everyone in a few days assuming there aren't any horrible bugs, here is the info.

Neruz posted:

Sloped terrain looks purty, though it might be worth investing in one or two extra slope tiles that are slightly differently shaped and randomly varying between them since at the moment the little trio of bumps gets repetitive quickly.
I'll mention that to Hayes, thanks.

Bernardo Orel posted:

"Will we get a treetap variation usable on animals?" Was the first thing that came my mind. I'm not sure why :v:
That sounds terrifying, so we'll have to consider it.

Luminaflare posted:

This is rad, although I think it might look better if your character tilted forwards a bit during flight (glide?).
I'll tinker with it, that might be doable.

Lucid Dream fucked around with this message at 12:07 on May 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Luminaflare posted:

Make him do a mock Superman flying pose.

• Locked thread