Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Mof f 6 hours p r o b at e me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

torpedan posted:

At my work we did some thermal shocking of several small cheap Pyrex bowls from Walmart where we put them in a hot oven and then tossed them into an icewater bath. I don't remember what temperature the oven was at (maybe 70C), but none of them shattered after repeated tests. If they were scuffed, scratched, and well used the results may have been different, but whatever processing they do to the glass seems to work pretty well.

Betting on molten potassium salt soak, but I may be completely off track with that.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Life lesson:

After you've taught your wife some basic electrical skills, it's not necessarily a good idea to walk up behind her and go BZZZZZZT quite loudly when she is changing out a socket.

:haw:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Cakefool posted:

Thanks Nitrospass, i spent a judge be in trouble latercouple of hours hallucinating and when i just picked up my tablet after my head clears it was x closed in a image i don't put it and it has add Pinterest with named ginger chicks as the to app. Whoops,
You still sound pretty hosed up, please don't die.

Upside of work travel is the food. I'm going to eat so well and so much on this trip.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
It is waaaay too pretty to be working retail today.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

QuarkMartial posted:

It is waaaay too pretty to be working retail today.

It's like 85 here already.

So I'm cleaning the garage and finishing a woodworking project I started like a month ago. All that was left was gluing it up, but I was lazy. And it's just a little box thing to hold stuff in the bathroom, like toothbrush,comb, mouthwash, etc. Had a bunch of walnut scrap, so why not.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
It's 70 and sunny, and I'm stuck with idiots that expect me to know what they drive when the car isn't even here and get mad like all alternators are the same.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Did Cakefool buy a Saab? Or get into Tide's alcohol stash? :ohdear:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

QuarkMartial posted:

It's 70 and sunny, and I'm stuck with idiots that expect me to know what they drive when the car isn't even here and get mad like all alternators are the same.

Well, you could be the guy at AutoZone who told me he couldn't look up an oil filter by part number as I can see the search by part number box on his screen.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Put in a solid 4 hours today wiring up my friend's housem was rewarded with some beer. Now to drink said beer and watch TV. F1 is on.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Put in a solid 4 hours today wiring up my friend's housem was rewarded with some beer. Now to drink said beer and watch TV. F1 is on.

I don't typically catch F1 races but drat that was race was nuts. Pretty enjoyable IMO.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Like the largest ambulance company in the United States is willing to pay for dash cams.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Baller Witness Bro posted:

I don't typically catch F1 races but drat that was race was nuts. Pretty enjoyable IMO.

We basically get 2 races now. hamilton vs rosberg and then a 10 car race for 3rd.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

80 degrees and sunny here, perfect day to fly my 120 scale heli... Except for the breeze :argh:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Tide posted:

Life lesson:

After you've taught your wife some basic electrical skills, it's not necessarily a good idea to walk up behind her and go BZZZZZZT quite loudly when she is changing out a socket.

:haw:

My dad and I do this to each other literally every time we do any kind of electrical work, except we clap our hands together because we're pros and we know from experience that it doesn't buzz when you shock yourself or short something out, it snaps/pops.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Powershift posted:

We basically get 2 races now. hamilton vs rosberg and then a 10 car race for 3rd.

At the rate of the last race, it's basically stay in the race, win points .

Also pretty pumped for Sauber. Everyone seemed pretty surprised that Nasr was hanging in there. Also LOL at Hamilton going WOT into the front straight after the beginning clusterfuck while everyone else was just chilling.

I may do more than a cursory glance at the standings / asking my roommie how the races went this season. Is DRS still a thing this season? I didn't see any mention of it that I can recall.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

"No, officer, it's just these Lucas electrics"

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

InitialDave posted:

Did Cakefool buy a Saab? Or get into Tide's alcohol stash? :ohdear:

Hey, not all Saab owners are crazy!....

I hope I don't ever get whatever Cakefool currently has, or take the drugs he is on when in possession of any communication device.
Hope you're ok mate!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tomarse posted:

Hey, not all Saab owners are crazy!....

I hope I don't ever get whatever Cakefool currently has, or take the drugs he is on when in possession of any communication device.
Hope you're ok mate!

gently caress that, I want what he's on.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

iwentdoodie posted:

Seconded.

I keep meaning to go to Amsterdam for a weekend and just get hosed up on.. well, anything really.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

iwentdoodie posted:

I recommend mescaline.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

:toot:

The Vic just hit the 200k mark today. Here's to another 200k :3:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Does anyone remember those club emotion videos from around the early 2000's? They had these amazingly :rice: cars all dodging in and out of traffic with blue painters tape all over the front and Castles in the Sky in the background. I wanna see that poo poo again. Kinda in the same vein as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8b2WozLEik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyke-HyyjDQ

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm not saying that it wasn't good poo poo, just that you shouldn't be in control of a phone/computer when that hosed up!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tomarse posted:

I'm not saying that it wasn't good poo poo, just that you shouldn't be in control of a phone/computer when that hosed up!

I wouldn't go so far as to say he was "in control" of anything.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I am trying slow cooker lasagna for the first time. We'll see how this goes.

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION
Was turned onto this work-in-progress game that's basically a "Car Company Tycoon" where you can design individual cars. There's some pretty awesome scenarios e.g.

It runs like absolute poo poo for having not-awesome-at-this-stage graphics, but just the engine building aspect is enough to still be fun despite this.

http://automationgame.com/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jared592 posted:

Was turned onto this work-in-progress game that's basically a "Car Company Tycoon" where you can design individual cars. There's some pretty awesome scenarios e.g.

It runs like absolute poo poo for having not-awesome-at-this-stage graphics, but just the engine building aspect is enough to still be fun despite this.

http://automationgame.com/

gently caress, i haven't played this since before turbos and poo poo. i wonder if i can recover my account.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

I recommend mescaline.

Too...floaty feeling and hard to find. Granted, everything but mushrooms is nowadays :(

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Baller Witness Bro posted:

What race were you watching because the one I saw from Melbourne was even by F1's immensly low standards was seriously bad.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Cat Terrist posted:

What race were you watching because the one I saw from Melbourne was even by F1's immensly low standards was seriously bad.

it was an awful way to try to convince the roomate f1 is exciting.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Today my wife and I went through our finances and she discovered that I still smoke (granted, it's an e-cig so it's way cheaper than actually smoking, but still) so I'm in some hot water. Since we're trying to minimize the poo poo we bring with us to wherever we move, I'm finally getting around to listing all of my intact Lego kits on eBay. I still have the box and instructions for the original Slave I from 2000, and I'll be listing my original AT-AT with instructions but no box later.

At first I wanted to keep them for my kids, but then I realized that I would go nuts if they took them apart and didn't play with them like I did: leaving them intact and in perfect condition because I've been a sperg all my life. Luckily, some middle-aged super-sperg will buy them from me though, so that's convenient :v:.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I am going to smack the poo poo out of you for smoking.

Actually I just quit about .... 6-8 months ago? The biggest bitch is breaking the actual habit. I smoked a ton when I drove and when I was at work. The first 3 days after quitting are the worst, but thats the nicotine getting out of your system. Then its habits that need to be broken. For me, it was just driving, at work on the switching lead, and drinking. I quit drinking for a while just to help. I used to chew straws while driving and at work.

Eventually I just broke the habits, and now I am smoke free. The smell of smoke actually makes me gag slightly, so I am hoping that I trained my brain to find it the foulest thing on earth.

Now to give up soda........

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I was able to give up soda mostly because I realized how much loving money I spent on it every week. I still have 1-2 a week instead of 2-3 a day, but I got a KleenKanteen for Earth Day from work so Ive been drinking about ten 500ml bottles of water a day for the last two months.

She never noticed the vaping because a 300ml bottle of juice lasts like two months and it's only $38. What set off the red flag was me buying a new mod since my old one broke and that was around $70. The old one lasted about 2 years though :v:. Now she gets why I always smell like wintergreen :v:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I tried the ecigs for a while. I like them, but they make my neck feel "full" or tight for a lack of a better word

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tide posted:

I tried the ecigs for a while. I like them, but they make my neck feel "full" or tight for a lack of a better word

My juice is high vegetable glycerin instead of poly glycol, I noticed that feeling when I used to use high PG juice and it almost drove me back to cigs

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

iwentdoodie posted:

Too...floaty feeling and hard to find. Granted, everything but mushrooms is nowadays :(

You just don't know the right people (which is a good thing).

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Cat Terrist posted:

Sorry I like crashes and watching millions in carbon fiber get blown to bits consider me on the same level as a NASCAR fan HTH.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tusen Takk posted:

My juice is high vegetable glycerin instead of poly glycol, I noticed that feeling when I used to use high PG juice and it almost drove me back to cigs

No kidding? Whenever I brought it up in an ecig thread or anyone that smoked them, they thought I was crazy. Do you make your own or what?

Do I need any different parts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I'm officially turning into an adult. Barely going out like I used to and gonna be focusing on beating down my school loans after I get a new vehicle. Hell, I just bought a cordless electric vacuum and I'm kinda excited for it to get here.

:negative:

• Locked thread