Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

Chinatown posted:

In-N-Out has been acquired on this Saturday Night.

Double Souble, extra slice of cheese, pickles. Pink lemonade.
i clicked on an article today about how dumbfucks from reddit were calling in n out garbage and just average fast food

fuckin contrarian pot stirrin mother fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

thathonkey posted:

5 guys is pretty mediocre for how long it takes/how much it costs

This right here. It's good, but not 12 bucks good. Both the habit and in-n-out are better. Still a decent burger though. Wouldn't turn one down.

Kind of like how I feel about chipotle. Good, but gently caress if that o.g. taco place down the road doesn't have bomb rear end tacos for a buck each.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

cams posted:

i clicked on an article today about how dumbfucks from reddit were calling in n out garbage and just average fast food

fuckin contrarian pot stirrin mother fuckers.

they're sad people

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
dont forget to photograph your burgs friends

F hole
May 13, 2008

i got one of these today from umami burger in west LA
not my photo but it reps the burg

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

F hole posted:

i got one of these today from umami burger in west LA
not my photo but it reps the burg

does this burg have a tuile in it?

F hole
May 13, 2008

its parmesan

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
that patty looks very high quality

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

F hole posted:

its parmesan

ah i see. its an actual umami burger

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
whats the red thing?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Ron Jeremy posted:

This right here. It's good, but not 12 bucks good. Both the habit and in-n-out are better. Still a decent burger though. Wouldn't turn one down.

Kind of like how I feel about chipotle. Good, but gently caress if that o.g. taco place down the road doesn't have bomb rear end tacos for a buck each.

in-n-out isn't available on the East Coast, which means all we have are 5guys.

And Chipotle was hot garbage, when I had it, still dissapointed in that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

RideTheSpiral posted:

whats the red thing?

Read the menu. It's a crazy tomato. The whole thing is crazy, and loving delicious.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
sorry burg thread, but this week's greasy quickmeals for me are gonna be hotlinks and then chili dogs.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

it's early and I want a burger so bad

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
im gonna go to the supermarket soon and there's a decent kebab joint near but no burg joints :(

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Dyna Soar posted:

im gonna go to the supermarket soon and there's a decent kebab joint near but no burg joints :(

Well...youll be in a supermarket so....

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
yeah i'ma gonna buy some burg ingredients :)

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
if you were to grind corned beef and make a patty out of it, would that be a burg?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i guess so yeah?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Sizone posted:

if you were to grind corned beef and make a patty out of it, would that be a burg?

this would actually be an abomination

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

:siren: Just burged (drat you thread!) :siren:

Premium angus quarterpounders butter basted, carameled onion chutney base, cheapo processed cheese on top.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

those are fine burgs

sometimes cheapo cheese is just what the dr ordered

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
call me an uncultured savage but those fine burgs need a little vegetation on top. nothing fancy some lettuce, tomato, at least a pickle on there.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

C. Everett Koop posted:

call me an uncultured savage but those fine burgs need a little vegetation on top. nothing fancy some lettuce, tomato, at least a pickle on there.

I agree with you, but it's not for everyone. In my younger days, I simply enjoyed beef and condiments, heaven forbid lettuce or tomato touch it!

But I've learned to expand my horizons. I still don't prefer tomato, but I enjoy a good bit of lettuce, and a multitude of other toppings, should they prove interesting.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

I agree with you, but it's not for everyone. In my younger days, I simply enjoyed beef and condiments, heaven forbid lettuce or tomato touch it!

But I've learned to expand my horizons. I still don't prefer tomato, but I enjoy a good bit of lettuce, and a multitude of other toppings, should they prove interesting.

Ever try putting a few really thin tomato slices instead of a huge hunker?

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

a large trout posted:

those are fine burgs

sometimes cheapo cheese is just what the dr ordered

drat straight. Had some mature cheddar in the fridge, but opted for cheapo.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Pickle is exactly what I wanted, but the local store had run out.

Norns posted:

Call me a wierdo, but the only tomato I put in my burgs is ketchup.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Norns posted:

Yeah, man. I've tried to like it, I really have! It's just not a pleasant eating experience to me!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I dont like a lot of toppings on my burgs either :shrug:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
to me it's just a variety in texture. i've had some good burgs that were nothing but meat and cheese and bread and halfway through i'm wishing i had some lettuce crunch or some veggie sweetness. it happened after i got old so maybe some of you whippersnappers will feel the same in the future it's all good though

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Toppings don't necessarily have to be lettuce and tomato, as most would assume. Infact I'm pretty sure we established tomatoes are a bad topping ITT. For me it's just pickles and onions all the way. (And whatever sauces/spreads or cooked toppings.)

Jehde fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 15, 2015

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
pickles, onions, 2 condiments, a slice of cheese and the meat. that's what i want inside my burg. sometimes poo poo like avocado or lettuce is ok, can be real good even but usually i keep it simple.

that said, pickled tomato or tomato chutney is v. good in a burg.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Gonna go to Killer Burger and get the Jose Mendoza ( Roasted Green Chilies and Jack Cheese, Bacon, Smokey House Sauce, Grilled Onion, & Pickle). Making it a double.

EDIT: MOTHERFUCKER, CLOSED ON SUNDAYS. THIS IS THE WORST.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 15, 2015

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

caligulamprey posted:

Gonna go to Killer Burger and get the Jose Mendoza ( Roasted Green Chilies and Jack Cheese, Bacon, Smokey House Sauce, Grilled Onion, & Pickle). Making it a double.

Looks good as gently caress

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Jehde posted:

Infact I'm pretty sure we established tomatoes are a bad topping ITT.

This is a wrong opinion and you're a bad person.

My wife has turned me into a tomato snob. I grew up on store bought whatevers, and she grew up on homegrown garden tomatoes. Once you have the good ones, you can't go back. If you don't like tomatoes, you're probably just a step ahead of the game and don't like the mealy supermarket kind.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i like tomatoes just fine, just not on a burg. most greens work better as a side salad, no need to put them in the burg imo.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Try some heirloom tomatoes.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sizone posted:

Don't do this.
Corned beef is made by preserving very lean beef in brine.

The way the cut of the meats used to make this are structured have long muscle fibers that require long slow cooking to soften them up and make them pliable (hence why you make boiled dinner with them for St. Pats or slow smoke them with a peppercorn crust to make pastrami, and even if not corned, these are the 'slow bbq/stewing' cuts).

Grinding them up raw would make extremely chewy and crumbly burgers, which would need some kind of alchemy to form them into correct patties (think meat glue like some modern cuisine followers use, or enough eggs and starch to make it meat loaf. Tough. Rubbery meat loaf patties. Of corned beef.)

Grinding them up after they'd been cooked to be tender would just turn them into mush.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
My fav local chain fast food burger is Larkburger.

http://larkburger.com/menu/burgers/#larkburger

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I might like hipster tomatoes okay, and I know I like tomato in sauces and relishes. My rule of thumb is that I prefer no intact tomato slices in any food though, except gyros where I could go either way I guess.

Can't argue with what lettuce and tomato do for the aesthetic of a burger though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I prefer the patty to be between the salad (on the bottom) and the other vegs (on top). You know, surround the beef with green and nature in its last moments.

It's what it would have wanted.

• Locked thread