Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I figured people were probably exaggerating about that battle theme but wow, that really does sound like a rejected Mad World track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The vocals remind me of the Monster Rancher theme.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

I said come in! posted:

I feel this need to want to import the Japanese version of Xenoblade X. Really wish Nintendo would start talking about the English version.

Unless you have/are also willing to import a Japanese Wii U that would be a bad idea seeing as it has region locking.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I have no source other than dim recollections, but I think the projected release date for the English version is Summer 2015.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MechaCrash posted:

I have no source other than dim recollections, but I think the projected release date for the English version is Summer 2015.

I saw something about that as well but this is a huge RPG with a lot of voice work. I'm not optimistic.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If they've been set on a Western release from the start it's likely they've been working on the localisation along side the game, so it's not infeasible but any actual time frame is nothing but rumours.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I'd say it's safe to assume it will be out before October/November. That's Star Fox and Zelda U territory.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Were getting it tomorrow.

Any ideas what a nopon mech would look like?
Stay Puft man?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I imagine it would be more like a tall tank, instead of having legs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dastardly posted:

I'd say it's safe to assume it will be out before October/November. That's Star Fox and Zelda U territory.

Yeah, I think it'll get a September release like The Wonderful 101 and the real big stuff get the strong months.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Junkie Disease posted:

Stay Puft man?

In the first Xenoblade Chronicles, one of the side-quests ended with a a Nopon eating a special mixture, and growing to the size of a human. So maybe in this game they just take a ton of that and grow to the size of a mech.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

Stay Puft man?

The Nopon already rode dinosaurs into battle in the Sword Valley fight (and this fateful sidequest, it'd be kinda cool if they stuck with something similar to that

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Remember how the video from the stream got subtitled, and it was just a v1? The v2 is done. You need to be quick with the pause button to get some details on the arts, and you can see a minor bit about what the classes do, but the major bit of information that you couldn't have gotten from the v1 comes at about seven minutes, when they go over Soul Voice. The relevant part being, as far as can be gleaned from the video, that there are various trigger conditions for Soul Voices (HP below 60%, you break an enemy part, you get knocked out, poo poo like that), and you can pick one of three things to happen when you do it. For example, you can set it so that when you open with a ranged attack, you can get +50% ranged damage (no, I don't know duration), +1 level on Support Arts, or +1 level on Debuff Arts and a guaranteed debuff.

One minor thing that I saw later on, at about 22 minutes when you're being told about Devices (which as stated elsewhere, are basically Gems from the prior game), one of the menu options was "Change Fashion." Does this mean you can get cosmetic armor slots? So you can look like you're wearing the sweet-rear end robot arm parts but get the stats from something else? Or maybe it's just a color change. I'm also curious what "check common" means, but I guess we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

MechaCrash posted:

One minor thing that I saw later on, at about 22 minutes when you're being told about Devices (which as stated elsewhere, are basically Gems from the prior game), one of the menu options was "Change Fashion." Does this mean you can get cosmetic armor slots? So you can look like you're wearing the sweet-rear end robot arm parts but get the stats from something else? Or maybe it's just a color change. I'm also curious what "check common" means, but I guess we'll have to wait and see on that one.

I checked the original video and the literal translations for those are "change fashion equipment" and "verify (standard/usual/normal) equipment". I'm guessing that the former lets you use cosmetic slots like you said and the latter lets you see what your equipment looks like without the cosmetic customizations.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
That's great. I downgraded some of my equipment in Chronicles just so not everyone looked like a big purple spikey mess. But I couldn't force myself to use the matching legs for Seven since they only existed as a unique pair of legs with an agility gem in it that wasn't capped.
Looking fashionable in games is important dammit but so are stats. :colbert:

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 17, 2015

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

stats are never more important than fashion

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Weekly short trailer is up. This time it's Elma and Lyn talking about 'overed' monsters. There's also some new screenshots of some locations and wildlife on the official site.
http://xenobladex.jp/battle/battle02.html
I could not find the location screenshots on the site so I'll link to the article I first saw them at.
http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-screenshotsart/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYBrs_vBOyw

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Okay, so on this page, we've got a bunch of monsters from the area around NLA (names may not be quite correct since we don't have the official romanizations):

-Brass Femina Zoos: "A boar-like life-form with hard bumps on its head. The male (Brass Zoos) and the female differ in coloration and where they grow hair."
-Stone Hippo: "Sharp fangs grow from its lower jaw. It has a gentle nature and is often found idle near watering holes."
-Wood Fontela: "A herbivorous life-form that is over 6 meters tall. It extends its neck like a giraffe to eat leaves from trees."
-Everlast Millezauro: "Huge life-form that resembles a dinosaur. It doesn't attack unless provoked and prefers to spend its time quietly relaxing."
-Lake Rutol: "A mammal-like life-form that lives near water. Sometimes it idly lies on its back like a cat or a dog."
-Quick Strut: "A bipedal life-form resembling a bird. It has wings but it's flightless. It lives in flocks and eats insects from the ground."
-Junior Simius: "An ape-like life-form with four arms and two legs. They often move around in groups and their gigantic parents are usually not far away."
-Young Lupus: "A ferocious carnivore. When hunting, in addition to preying on other native life-forms, it will boldly assault any humans it finds."
-Docile Owis: "A small herbivore with a pompom on its tail. It loves sprouts and often inhabits verdant grasslands."
-Youth Vasalt: "A six-legged, insect-like life-form; its front legs are shaped like sickles. It sometimes uses the sickles to burrow into the ground."
-Welkin Lukiora: "A giant flying life-form gently floating through the air. It flies around its territory in fixed cycles."

The video seems to be the in-game introduction to the concept of Overeds (unique monsters). According to Elma, a single Simius can usually take on three or four Vasalts, but on the contrary, "Pursuing Bolkampf" has killed several Simius despite looking like a normal Vasalt.

Also, this week the little comedy skit thing they do with the Nopon plushes (which I haven't been translating since there hasn't really been any new info in it and Nopons are kind of a pain to localize) actually has a bunch of new screenshots: http://xenobladex.jp/special/sp-welcome20150319.html

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Is there any implication of something special about Overed monsters, or is it just "yeah, they've got names and huge stats and will wreck your poo poo if you aren't careful, so treat them like the boss fight they basically are"?

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
The page mentions they may also be a part of quests, but other than that not really.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Hopefully a tune as rad as You Will Know Our Names will kick in when they are engaged.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Doc V posted:

Also, this week the little comedy skit thing they do with the Nopon plushes (which I haven't been translating since there hasn't really been any new info in it and Nopons are kind of a pain to localize) actually has a bunch of new screenshots: http://xenobladex.jp/special/sp-welcome20150319.html

Ah so that's where those screenshots of the wilderness came from. Also thanks for translating Doc.

sudonim posted:

Hopefully a tune as rad as You Will Know Our Names will kick in when they are engaged.

Listen to the trailer again while they're fighting the overed insect guy.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
24 Hour Happy People

A Xenoblade Chronicles X short story by Kazuho Hyoudou

PART.2 - "My film reel had nothing but food, just like the sushi-go-round I saw when I was little"

The phenomenon you experience when you're about to die - I think I read about it in some novel. It painted a really emotional scene of a person weeping as they see their entire life flashing before their eyes in a single moment. When I think of what I saw when it happened to me, I'm deeply troubled.
Because what I actually saw was a sushi-go-round, a stream of food going past on a conveyor belt. Face to face with death, I only thought of eating.
I'm sorry, I'm so very, very sorry.
I suddenly felt like I had to bow my head down and apologize to my life over and over again.
"Keep your head down and run!"
I heard Tony's voice in the midst of the gunfire. It was partly drowned out, but I understood the meaning clearly; it was the kind of voice that came with being forced to keep moving with your head down.
I did as I was told and ran crouched between the tables and the shelves, and I could feel Tony following behind.
Perhaps the gun-toting thugs weren't actually aiming at Tony, let alone myself, because instead of giving chase they just wasted bullets by firing wildly.
Warning shots? Instead of trying to take our lives, were they telling us to surrender?
In any case, since it seemed like I wouldn't be immediately shot and killed, I stopped the film reel in my heart.
"Lyn, I don't want to get you involved in this, just get out of here!"
"I feel like I'm plenty involved already"
"If they catch you, you'll never be able to go back to your old life! That's the kind of people we're dealing with!"
What had happened to the lethargy he had a moment ago? Tony was shouting like a father who firmly believed in strictness and discipline.
"Oh Tooonyyy, don't tell me you're tryin' to run?"
For a moment, the gunfire stopped and I heard the voice of one of the thugs, a teasing voice mixed with laughter.
"Clinging onto life ain't like you, you know? We've got some buds waiting outside too. Don't go tirin' yourself out for nothin'"
However, Tony paid them no mind and, still keeping his head down, kept urging me to move forward. Before I knew it, a door that looked like the rear entrance appeared a few steps ahead.
"Get outside, I'll distract them"
"No thanks"
"What are you saying!? At least you'll-"
"Thinking logically, your distraction wouldn't buy me that much time. They also have friends outside, and they aren't just going to ignore me when leave. In other words, your plan would likely prove completely pointless under current conditions"
Having blurted all that out in one breath, I reached for the back door while urging Tony to follow.
"Therefore, we should escape together. And then you can tell what caused this ruckus in the first place"
I didn't wait for him to respond before hurling myself through the door.

Leaving through the back door, we entered a weather-worn storage area with large wooden crates and steel drums.
The sounds of gunfire started up again inside the shop, but the thugs didn't seem to be putting much effort in chasing us, almost as if we were now someone else's problem.
As I was about to cautiously leave the shadow of a drum, a bullet came whizzing by, but not from the direction of the shop. It seemed to have been fired from a low-accuracy gun like the ones the thugs in the store had, as it hit a spot nowhere near me and bounced off. I pressed myself to the ground, looked around and saw several men running towards us from the direction of the shop's entrance.
"This plan's not going so well, huh? Do these guys really want to catch us that bad?"
I accidentally said what I was thinking out loud. Even though I was assigned to maintenance staff, I'd spent some time with the military and had at least a general understanding of my current tactical situation. That is, I was unarmed, and as things stood the thugs still had the initiative.
"Let's head to the main street. You'll follow me, right?"
"Y-yeah"
It wasn't like I could guide Tony by the hand or anything, so I just gave him a signal and bolted out from behind the steel drum.
The shooters had come from the direction of the entrance, so I couldn't head towards the booth-lined alleyway. Dodging their inaccurate fire didn't ultimately require that much caution as I rushed straight into a gap between two buildings, a maze of pipes and debris.
I checked to make sure that Tony was still following obediently and made my way through the narrow space as quickly as I could. Moments later, the pursuers rushed into the gap as well, but they didn't open fire right away, perhaps afraid of being hit by their own ricochets.
I continued to advance through the obstacle course, reminded of an amusement park attraction I had loved back on Earth. At this rate, it shouldn't take long to reach the main street. There, it should be much easier to escape than in an alleyway filled with dead ends.
However, behind me, Tony's speed was dropping by the moment.
"D-don't worry about me, just save yourself..."
Out of breath, Tony blurted out a line that sounded like it belonged to some minor character in a comic book. I realized that the distance between him and the pursuers was decreasing rapidly.
"It's not like you've got any reason to save me!"
"I'm angry at those guys who just wave their guns around and don't listen to reason! I'm helping you escape out of pure spite, not because I want to do the right thing or whatever, so nothing you say is going to change my mind!"
I screamed back at the exhausted Tony in order to get him fired up, but my anger was genuine. I was furious at how completely irrational the situation was and at the fact that I had been dragged into it.
"Please pull yourself together! Just a little bit more!"
I didn't think words alone were sufficient any more, so I grabbed his hand. It slowed down my escape remarkably, but Tony looked like he might stop moving altogether if I didn't.
As the gap between us and them narrowed, the pursuers got a clear line of fire and started using their guns again. The chase had given them some practice and improved their aim. A bullet bounced off of a pipe, striking sparks and grazing my cheek.

This could be bad...
I was finally starting to lose my calm. It was only natural to feel fear so close to the unyielding threat of the gunfire.
Pulling on Tony's arm so hard I nearly tore it off, I broke into a run again, aiming to escape the narrow space. The sharp sound of a ricochet echoed right next to me again, but I couldn't watch out for each bullet. Though Tony's stumbling was slow, he somehow managed to not trip and fall, and for that I silently praised him as we kept running.
And then, finally, we managed to reach the wide open main street.
It had about as much pedestrian traffic as you'd expect to see on a large street.
A few people turned to stare at us as we suddenly burst out from the gap, but in a city forcibly crammed into a residential block that wasn't that large in the first place, there were more than a few people who got lost taking unconventional routes. Thinking that had happened to us, most people one the main street just walked past with little interest.
What next?
We could split up, or we could try to blend into the crowd together. Should we scream for help? No, no, even if we managed to get police protection, Tony's situation would probably make things complicated.
While I was thinking things through, the pursuers were quickly catching up.
Still holding on to Tony's arm, I chose to mix in with the crowd and started running.
However, more thugs rushed out from behind the group I was heading for. Their leader spotted us and raised his arm to point, so I knew that they too would join the chase.
I might have underestimated them a bit. The thugs had a reputation to maintain, so when things didn't go according to plan they'd get serious. Furthermore, since our escape might have hurt their pride, they might use pretty violent measures to let off steam if they caught us now. I shuddered at just the thought.
"It's all over..."
The pitiful voice was, of course, Tony's. I held back my urge to scream at him and used my anger to power my next move instead.
Beyond the main street's sidewalk, I saw the road, congested all day long. Instead of trying to push through the crowd, I figured we'd have a better chance of escape if we turned the chase into yet another obstacle course by dodging through the traffic.
I broke into a run. I didn't know how many times I had done that today. Even as I leaned forward I dragged Tony along by his arm.
The chasers coming out from between the buildings joined up with the ones coming from beyond the crowd, doubling the number of people we had to shake off. In other words, the difficulty of our escape act had just doubled.
It was no wonder that I, too, was running out of breath and started to feel like crying.
I arrived at the guard rail and raised my leg to climb over it. When I was about to dash recklessly onto the road, a large motorbike pulled to a halt as though the driver thought I was going to start playing in the traffic. It hadn't been going fast, but if I had jumped onto the road just a little bit more quickly I might have caused quite a traffic accident.
"Hey, what do you think you're doing!? That's dangerous!"
I heard a voice, probably the biker's. It was a woman's voice. Wait... I think I've heard it before-
"Lyn?"
Hearing my own name, I looked up and saw a familiar face. My anxiety was gone in an instant and my whole body felt weak. I barely avoided collapsing where I stood, and my voice cracked like a broken ultrasonic weapon as I uttered:
"Aahhh, Irina! Please help us!"

The Irish bar was named Finnegans Wake.
I was drinking sweet black tea and eating a (synthetic) scone at the subdued counter.
Irina, who had come to the city to spend a day off, had saved us by successfully shaking off the the people pursuing myself and Tony. Even with the handicap of having three people on her bike, she had easily slipped through the traffic at high speeds - I was simply astonished by her skill as a driver. Afterwards, she wanted to ask about the situation and led us to take shelter in this bar.
"So, in summary: you lost your home because you owed money to a gang, and you were in that shop to stand in for the owner, who had fled because he had a similar debt. But then it got attacked by yet another gang. Is that right?"
"Yes... That's about it"
Next to me, Tony was being interrogated by Irina. She had to be significantly younger than him, but Tony, huddled on his seat, looked a lot like a student being scolded by his schoolteacher.
"They went out of their way to get a temporary manager for some run-down shop... With the limited residential space on the ship, I guess even something like that could be valuable real estate"
"They said they'd go collect all the loan money I'd spent and in exchange, I'd have to be the shop owner on paper..."
"But they never intended to get your money back. The debtors came barging in and now you're on the run too"
Irina sighed with exasperation and Tony could only respond with a meek, forced smile. As I had thought, Tony's situation seemed complicated.
They went on about debts, the shop's ownership and other such uninteresting topics, so I concentrated solely on my tea and scone. In contrast, I found them very interesting, and I decided to order a second scone in order to find the truth behind their flavors.
"Umm, excuse me"
"Hey, drat it, Lyn, you're involved too and yet you're sipping afternoon tea like some aristocrat"
"But this scone tastes so good..."
Irina hanged her head in an exaggerated gesture of frustration.
"You deliberately went and got yourself involved in this, don't you have any sense of self-preservation?"
"That's why I was about to burst into tears when I was being chased on the main street, you know? But then a hero showed up to save me, so now I'm all calmed down, it's that sort of thing"
"Wait a sec. 'Hero'? Does that mean me?"
"You were really cool. I thought you looked just as awesome as a Doll!"
"I'm as cool as a Doll? You really have no interest in anything except machines and food, huh?"
"Yeah, is there something wrong with that? Dolls and meals are both important things that are vital to humanity! ...Huh? Important... important..."
"Lyn?"

"...I forgot something really important!"
My memory returned in a flash and I reflexively stood up. Irina and Tony looked very surprised at my abrupt reaction.
"Meat! I went into that store to buy meat! But it was all gone!"
High quality synthetic meat you couldn't get anywhere else. The owner had run off somewhere - does this mean I can't obtain that meat anymore...?
This is bad!
"Tony, do you have any idea where the original owner is?"
"There's no way I'd know that, I just got dragged into all that"
"But wasn't the owner up to his neck in debt? You're destitute too, so can't you imagine someplace where someone like you would end up - how do I put this, like an end of the line?"
"End of the-"
"Lyn. You're saying some pretty awful things there"
Feeling for the grimacing Tony, Irina looked at me and forced a laugh. Maybe I had said something really impolite, but right now the meat was what mattered, I could apologize later.
"Well, it's just a rumor, but I can't say I have no idea where I'd flee. There's no way the gang isn't already on their way there, though"
"Then we have to hurry! The meat is slipping away! The owner's synthesis techniques have secrets within secrets that no one else knows!"
Still standing, I gulped down the rest of my tea without even pausing to repent for violating dining etiquette. I grabbed my belongings and straightened my simple outfit.
"Tony, please take me there!"
"Huh?"
"Hey, hey, you just managed to escape and now you're rushing right back into danger?"
"Of course!"
I puffed out my chest as I turned to face the bewildered Tony and the astonished Irina.
"For the sake of meat, I'd even jump into a black hole!"

To be continued...

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The banter with Tatsu and these short stories makes Lyn seem quite endearing to me.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I just installed the HD texture pack for Chronicles and ooooooooh my god why did I wait so long?

Thank you Xenoblade, I knew I could count on you to take my mind off Bloodborne not being out yet :smithicide:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Idioteque Dance posted:

I just installed the HD texture pack for Chronicles and ooooooooh my god why did I wait so long?

Thank you Xenoblade, I knew I could count on you to take my mind off Bloodborne not being out yet :smithicide:

How do you get the texture addons to work? I followed all directions as accurately as possible but it never works, no matter what I try.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Less than a month until Xenoblade X is out in Japan?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bit over a month, April 29th.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

ViggyNash posted:

How do you get the texture addons to work? I followed all directions as accurately as possible but it never works, no matter what I try.
A few things come to mind:

-Does your copy have the 25 -> 30 FPS patch? In which case you need to put it in SX4J01 folder (regardless of region of your copy). The US and unpatched EU versions have different codes.

-Other than that, make sure you put it in the Dolphin folder in My Documents, eg. C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\Textures\SX4J01, not in your emulator folder itself.

-Also, maybe check you put the texture files directly in the texture folders rather than the subfolders they come with, so for example, the .dds files that come in the "[Text] Blahblah" folder are moved into the \Load\Textures\SX4J01\Text rather than moving the "[Text] Blahblah" folder itself. This picture explains it better than text:

If you follow all of that, there's no reason for it to go wrong but it's easy to see how you could slip up on one of these things. Of course, check the Graphics settings -> Advanced -> Load Custom Textures tickbox too.

It's totally worth it, trust me.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Idioteque Dance posted:

A few things come to mind:

-Does your copy have the 25 -> 30 FPS patch? In which case you need to put it in SX4J01 folder (regardless of region of your copy). The US and unpatched EU versions have different codes.

That was it. I was always putting it in SX4E01, I didn't realize the patch required putting texture addons into a different folder.

The patch does something weird to the sound now and then though, specifically when going in/out of menus. :shrug:

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Have you tried the latest development version of Dolphin?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I have a pretty recent version, though I don't know if it's the most recent. It's not bad enough or frequent enough that it annoys me, so I'll manage.

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.
With Xenoblade 3ds coming out so soon I was wondering: What's the ideal way to play this game? I'm wii-less but going to buy a wii-u next month probably, is it worth it to play the game on the big screen or should I just wait for the 3ds port?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Play it on the Dolphin emulator is the best way to play the game in my opinion.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Dolphin Fetus posted:

With Xenoblade 3ds coming out so soon I was wondering: What's the ideal way to play this game? I'm wii-less but going to buy a wii-u next month probably, is it worth it to play the game on the big screen or should I just wait for the 3ds port?

I don't like how dodgy dolphin is when it comes to emulating gamecube and wii games, but if your computer can emulate it without any hiccups then go for that. Other than that go for the wii version if you can find it at a reasonable price or if you have a soft modded wii (I played it on my Wii U without any problems). If you have access to a wii pro controller then use that. I only had a wii mote and nunchuck and while it works it's not a very comfortable way of playing the game. It would be nice if the Wii U pro controller or pad could be used for wii games.
While it's neat that it can be played on a new 3ds I don't think the portability is worth the reduced resolution, textures and english voices only (not that you should ever use the Japanese dub over the fantastic english dub). Especially since the game doesn't add anything new besides a music player and a model viewer.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 25, 2015

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

I said come in! posted:

Play it on the Dolphin emulator is the best way to play the game in my opinion.

it's really sad that this is true but it's pretty amazing what the game looks like with good textures and antialiasing; the polycounts on all the environments is actually pretty great to begin with, it's just the game looks like rear end because my electronic door lock has more processing power than the wii did

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just badly want to play Chronicles X. I'm so hyped for this game and it's really awful looking anime females.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
The only issue I've had with the HD texture pack is that sometimes peoples' heads disappear*, and the only fix is saving, quitting, and reloading (not save states). It's only mildly annoying, except when it happens in cutscenes where it's incredibly obnoxious.

* I assume it's a texture issue where it's loading the head part of the texture as all alpha.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hmm, would using dolphin involve using the disc I already own of Xenoblade and could I use the save file I already have? If so I'd love playing NG+ a bit with good textures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hmm, would using dolphin involve using the disc I already own of Xenoblade and could I use the save file I already have? If so I'd love playing NG+ a bit with good textures

Dolphin does have save import functionality, yeah.

• Locked thread