Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd add 5 more skylers to the show to get rid of walt junior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yo I don't know what you all have been chatting about, but if you are doing anything besides throwing obscene praise onto this show then you are really loving up. poo poo's incredibly well made and I can't wait for Odenkirk to win an Emmy.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Data Graham posted:

Incidentally, I always had the impression that Saul was not his second name, or maybe not even his third.

I'm calling it, he won't go straight to Saul from Jimmy. In case that's a novel thought or anything, which I doubt.

You're saying that it's possible that Jimmy is going to change his name, advertisements, and business cards a few more times in the next 6 or so years before settling on Saul? :psyduck:

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Yo I don't know what you all have been chatting about, but if you are doing anything besides throwing obscene praise onto this show then you are really loving up. poo poo's incredibly well made and I can't wait for Odenkirk to win an Emmy.

You misspelled "Odenkirk and Banks".

Beeez
May 28, 2012

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

This ain't happening. But Jonathan Banks not winning for the most recent episode would be a loving travesty.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I've been rewatching Breaking Bad, and in the Season 5 episode 'Buyout', there's a scene with Saul and Mike meeting with Hank and Gomez about how they've been trailing him as part of the investigation of Gus's drug empire.

Saul says he's filed a restraining order against the DEA, and that the judge 'dislikes police harassment of a senior citizen', then glances at Mike and says 'sorry'. Made me think of the scene where he gave Mike his card and said 'so you know, give me a call if... you... know any elders.'

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 15, 2015

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know who I want to see again?

What was Saul's other common callguy aside from Huel's name? I liked him but for some reason his name is eluding me. The guy with the beard that scared Ted into banging his own head on the floor. Same guy that was holding up the train late in the series, too.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Patrick Kuby, played by Bill Burr.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
If you guys want to see Dean Norris being awesome again to wash the taste of Under The Dome out of your mouth, he has a hilarious guest appearance in the 10th episode of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Steve Yun posted:

If you guys want to see Dean Norris being awesome again to wash the taste of Under The Dome out of your mouth, he has a hilarious guest appearance in the 10th episode of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

I was so thrilled to see him show up there, I love Dean Norris.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Beeez posted:

Patrick Kuby, played by Bill Burr.
I really hope we get to see more of him. I just got past the Dead Freight (train heist) ep in season 5 and there was a simple but great bit of physical comedy from him where the two train guys were straining to push the car with all their might and he has his hands on it but isn't so much as leaning on it.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

If Bill Burr doesn't end up in a scene with Joe DeRosa then I will send a sternly-worded letter to Mr. Vince Gilligan informing him that he has made a monumental blunder.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Someone make a new google docs collaborative document thing for fan theories or whatever it was for.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Inspector Gesicht posted:

You're going to really hate him three episodes from now.
God loving drat it.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

And now it hurts all over again that Mike dies to Walter loving White.
And over NOTHING. Ughhhh. I'm surprised people didn't straight up tune out after this.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Doltos posted:

I'd add 5 more skylers to the show to get rid of walt junior

You ableist bro?

I really don't understand how someone can like Breaking Bad but not like characters as important as Skyler or Walt Jr.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Data Graham posted:

Incidentally, I always had the impression that Saul was not his second name, or maybe not even his third.

I'm calling it, he won't go straight to Saul from Jimmy. In case that's a novel thought or anything, which I doubt.

An interesting thought, I hadn't considered that or heard that theory. It'd make for a great season finale swerve.

"I've had no luck as Jimmy McGill. Time to reinvent myself.. as Paul Woodman." Bah, someone think of a good alternate name to Saul, I couldn't summon one up.

VagueRant posted:

God loving drat it.

Yeah, Mike getting screwed by Walt was not funtimes, and really cements Walt as a complete bastard. It especially stings because he's having to run in part because Walt insisted on being in the empire business instead of selling all the Methlamine they stole, and Walt can spin a story of helping Mike escape and only New Jesse knows the truth. As I recall it Jesse never calls Walt out on what happened to Mike, a bit of a missed opportunity there I think, though I'm sure he at least shows some doubt that Mike just got away safely.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

VagueRant posted:

God loving drat it.
And over NOTHING. Ughhhh. I'm surprised people didn't straight up tune out after this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u0PpE8MCmU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

There's no way Jimmy isn't going to go right to Saul. He's already used the name in the flashback during the billboard episode.

Saul, as a name for him, represents "Slipping Jimmy: Attorney at Law". It's the indication that he's gone full-blast into the shady side.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

VagueRant posted:

I really hope we get to see more of him. I just got past the Dead Freight (train heist) ep in season 5 and there was a simple but great bit of physical comedy from him where the two train guys were straining to push the car with all their might and he has his hands on it but isn't so much as leaning on it.

The train car or the dumptruck?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Data Graham posted:

How quickly we forget about Special Agent Jeffrey Steele.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

qntm posted:

How quickly we forget about Special Agent Jeffrey Steele.

Yeah, I mean, I don't necessarily mean he'll "seriously" adopt some other name for a long period. I was thinking like Men In Black or something, where he gets into the habit of introducing himself with a different alias to everyone he meets, as a defense mechanism. And maybe one will "stick" before he settles on the one under which he starts making all the new ad spots, who knows.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VagueRant posted:

God loving drat it.

He signed his own death warrant when he took half-measures with Walt. He had several chances where he should have just flat out loving shot Walt, but he got sentimental and tried to just sideline him.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

VagueRant posted:

God loving drat it.

I know Walt says "I'm sorry, this whole thing could have been avoided" after he shoots him, but really, Mike would never have allowed Walt to go after the names on his list. If you're Walt and you planned to have those guys killed, then Mike needed to go.

That's far from the most evil thing Walt has done. Killing Gale instead of going to the police was much worse.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I know Walt says "I'm sorry, this whole thing could have been avoided" after he shoots him, but really, Mike would never have allowed Walt to go after the names on his list. If you're Walt and you planned to have those guys killed, then Mike needed to go.

That's far from the most evil thing Walt has done. Killing Gale instead of going to the police was much worse.

As was poisoning Brock. Killing Gale was an evil and ultimatly stupid move

My issue with Walt killing Mike wasn how petty it was. Mike did nothing but bruise Walt's ego, yet he does into a rage and impulsively kills a powerful ally. It really was a great way of showing how Walt's pride is his undoing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

That's made so much worse by the fact that he coerced Jesse into doing it, and it pretty much destroyed him.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PassTheRemote posted:

Evil, yes.

Stupid? I am 100% certain both Walt and Jesse would have been killed if he didn't. If you want stupid, blame Gus for not killing Walt and cutting his losses. He wanted his revenge too much.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

If you think Walt would have survived to testify in prison against Gus, all I can say is "Ha ha."

Again, I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, but I am pained to admit it was literally the only chance in hell he had of not ending up dead at that point. Of course, Walt was only in that situation because of a long series of stupid mistakes.

ED: Speaking of Walt and evil I still love how "blowing up part of a nursing home" is on his resume as a footnote.

PassTheRemote posted:

My issue with Walt killing Mike wasn how petty it was. Mike did nothing but bruise Walt's ego, yet he does into a rage and impulsively kills a powerful ally. It really was a great way of showing how Walt's pride is his undoing.

The funny thing is, when looking back.. I'm not so certain Walter White would have gone back on drat near anything; obviously tried to make it better (mostly not getting Hank killed), but I think even if he knew that was the end.. he'd probably done it all over again.

I mean, given his realization at the end, and the way he died - in that Breaking Bad universe he'll be remembered as a modern Jesse James type, an example of an internet age real Scarface. He'll likely be remembered a legend in criminal circuits, make a film about him; he'd constantly be showing up in internet top 10 lists.

Given he was going to die anyway and his family ended up getting more money than he planned to give them at the start several times over even with the loss of his empire, I honestly could see him entirely content with his legacy, utterly hosed up as it was.. Also, he took his product with him to the grave.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 15, 2015

Beeez
May 28, 2012

PassTheRemote posted:

The interesting thing is that Walter kind of seemed desperate for Mike's approval. He always tries to get Mike on his side, and in that scene it's played almost as though Walt impulsively shoots Mike because he's mad that Mike is saying he's an idiot who hosed everything up.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Oh yeah, now I remember that Walt killing the guys in prison is what leads Jesse to confront him about possibly killing Mike, since he knows Mike wouldn't have put up with that. Edit: Or actually I'm probably thinking about Saul, drat my memory sucks.

While I'm at it, can anyone recall what happened to the pile of money that Walt gave Jesse, in the scene where Jesse talks to Walt at the door with a gun tucked into the back of his pants?

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Mar 16, 2015

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I think he spends some of it, and then the guilt makes him start giving it out to random people

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

The Duggler posted:

I think he spends some of it, and then the guilt makes him start giving it out to random people

He drives around throwing it out the window until and then wrecks his car, which leads to him being picked up by the police. Then Saul comes and gets him out of jail, leading to Walt convincing Jesse to use the disappearing guy. The money is likely seized by the police. Jesse probably never bothers to claim it. The police don't have to prove that it's drug money, the burden of proof is on the defendant to prove that it's not.

While walking out, Huell lifts Jesse's joint from his pocket. Jesse realizes this while waiting for the cleaner van, and then decides to go back to Hank and turn himself in.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

NowonSA posted:

Yeah, Mike getting screwed by Walt was not funtimes, and really cements Walt as a complete bastard.

S5's a rollercoaster. Once the story really gets momentum it's incredible.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

He drives around throwing it out the window until and then wrecks his car, which leads to him being picked up by the police. Then Saul comes and gets him out of jail, leading to Walt convincing Jesse to use the disappearing guy. The money is likely seized by the police. Jesse probably never bothers to claim it. The police don't have to prove that it's drug money, the burden of proof is on the defendant to prove that it's not.

While walking out, Huell lifts Jesse's joint from his pocket. Jesse realizes this while waiting for the cleaner van, and then decides to go back to Hank and turn himself in.

Actually, he decides to burn down Walt's house, Hank just manages to stop Jesse and convince him to work with Hank.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
While we're at it, can someone explain the scene where the cartel guy starts sniping some of Gus's workers is all about? I didn't really get why that was happening or why Gus was so certain he wouldn't get shot.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The cartel wanted Gus to cut them in on Walt and Jesse's supermeth. Gus was confident he wouldn't be killed, because they needed him alive to make that happen.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

canoshiz posted:

While we're at it, can someone explain the scene where the cartel guy starts sniping some of Gus's workers is all about? I didn't really get why that was happening or why Gus was so certain he wouldn't get shot.

Ok. So, the assumption is that Gus was working as the cartels meth distributor for years. All the while he was in the background working on his own thing, setting up the super lab, getting a chemist (Gale), and building his own production, and then cutting out the cartel.

Once he had all the pieces in place, he cut out the cartel and then started to sell his own meth. The cartel sent their guy to demand half of his new endeavor. When Gus refuses they just start killing their guys. The cartel needs Gus, so they don't kill him when he comes out to surrender.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Additionally, it's a loving cool scene.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Gus is one of my favorite bad guys ever. The scene where he doesn't say a word and cuts the throat out of that guy whose name I can't remember was one of the best "don't gently caress with me" scenes I've ever seen.

Hopefully they didn't write Nacho too sane, because Michael Mando can do crazy extremely well

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

The Duggler posted:

Gus is one of my favorite bad guys ever. The scene where he doesn't say a word and cuts the throat out of that guy whose name I can't remember was one of the best "don't gently caress with me" scenes I've ever seen.

Hopefully they didn't write Nacho too sane, because Michael Mando can do crazy extremely well

Nacho being sane makes sense, because the show needs some Variety. They already have Tucco who is insane.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Is this the breaking bad rehash thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's the Breaking Bad Thread rehash thread.

• Locked thread