Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah Rick, kill everyone in Alexandria. They're loving pussies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Stupidity aside, the show's the best its been in awhile (the last 8 eps or whatever)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

What did Carol say about the kid ?

His dad is a wife beater and child abuser

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Rick should have ended the episode putting on a big grin.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Was Gabriel screaming outside?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a cop posted:

Stupidity aside, the show's the best its been in awhile (the last 8 eps or whatever)

Plus no Carl pretty good ep

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

Was Gabriel screaming outside?

I'm assuming it was the guy in the back of the truck. It's gonna be a him vs them thing.

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday
To a Carol with a hammer, every problem looks like a nail that just needs to look at the loving flowers.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

Darko posted:

Gabriel's speech/motivation honestly makes no sense at all, given what he saw/was privy to and his character.

yeah but the plot needs conflict so

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Noah (Noel?) had aspirations, Chris Hardwick, that's why. Also, black highlander rule.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Just take over this place, gently caress 'em. Buncha losers.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Iowa Snow King posted:

yeah but the plot needs conflict so

Well, maybe he is just supposed to be kerrraaazyyyy which is always the easy writer's way to create deadly conflict!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gabriel saw them murder the termites in the church.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, as soon as the black guy gets some characterization he's dead.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
drat you Gabriel.

Also, since you guys loved it so much, it was Internet Friends by Knife Party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPslvBVqJp8

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Darko posted:

Gabriel's speech/motivation honestly makes no sense at all, given what he saw/was privy to and his character.

Some people, when under extreme duress, have psychotic breaks. I'd hazard a guess that people who are already very invested in magical thinking (highly religious members of clergy) are even more prone to it, especially when trying to resolve the degree of cognitive dissonance that the zombie apocalypse would cause.

That being said, Gabriel is also a goddamn bitch.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

After confirming that they were cannibals, right? Didn't he go back to their camp and see a bunch of meat / unleash the zombies?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Gabriel has always been a weird loser nerd about the group, it totally makes sense that he would betray them all willy nilly

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

a cop posted:

After confirming that they were cannibals, right? Didn't he go back to their camp and see a bunch of meat / unleash the zombies?

Yeah, after they came to murder some children.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a cop posted:

It was obviously justified in some povs, but Gabriel didn't see it that way.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Ars Arcanum posted:

Some people, when under extreme duress, have psychotic breaks. I'd hazard a guess that people who are already very invested in magical thinking (highly religious members of clergy) are even more prone to it, especially when trying to resolve the degree of cognitive dissonance that the zombie apocalypse would cause.

That being said, Gabriel is also a goddamn bitch.

Sasha is snapping, Abe had a moment tonight and now Gabriel. gently caress em, weak-willed pussies. They need to man up like Glenn.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

Ok that's fine but the smart congresswoman lady obviously should have been like "What do you mean unspeakable things? give me specifics" and all he would be able to say was "they killed people in cold blood!" and it would be easily explainable...but he had to be all vague and cryptic because plot happen. He didn't actually say anything specific at all.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

a cop posted:

Actually, I think he confirmed it afterword, but he does know the Termites were bad. Really, I don't think he's seen the group do anything as sketchy as locking his own congregation out with the walkers.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a cop posted:

Ok that's fine but the smart congresswoman lady obviously should have been like "What do you mean unspeakable things? give me specifics" and all he would be able to say was "they killed people in cold blood!" and it would be easily explainable...but he had to be all vague and cryptic because plot happen.

She did not seem to be buying his ramblings.

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

euphronius posted:

No but when they come back without her son she will start to doubt

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

euphronius posted:

The same termites who came there with the intent of murdering eveyone there (Gabriel included) and literally eat a baby.

His little spiel is coming off as completely forced drama and isn't consistent at all with what his character witnessed or experienced.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Hexel posted:

Sasha is snapping, Abe had a moment tonight and now Gabriel. gently caress em, weak-willed pussies. They need to man up like Glenn.

Theirs is kinda justifiable though, Gabe is seriously being a dicknutter rather than "I've seen some poo poo, folks, and my PTSD is kind of raging." Not to say he hasn't seen poo poo, but his guilt over being a hypocrite in the first place is what's torturing him, and rather than trying to make himself better for it, he keeps just trying to save his own rear end.

If this was a real situation, I'd hardly blame him at all, but from a TV perspective, he's a terrible frothy douche.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

Yeah true I hope! I'm honestly curious to find out what happens next so that's a good thing!

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

a cop posted:

He saw Bob's foot on a spit

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Wouldn't be surprised to learn that Gabriel is just afraid Rick and Co will tell them all about his cowardice (i.e. the fate of his last flock) and that will get him kicked out, so he's beating them to the punch and getting Rick's group kicked out.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
Watching Josh McDermott being a normal human being is a very odd experience.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Illuen posted:

Abraham will henceforth be known as "orange haired monster".

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

euphronius posted:

Everything the show focused on pointed to him seeing it as it was, which was kind of the point of those scenes focusing on him in those episodes. "Going crazy" is just basically the easy way to create conflict, so that's basically what theyre doing with him.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

njbeachbum posted:

No but when they come back without her son she will start to doubt

Especially since the only person she'd trust is a guy that now hates Glenn and Eugene for knocking him out and he's going to lie his rear end off to incriminate them.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Illuen posted:

It really is, especially since they have him rocking that incredible mullet.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Illuen posted:

Hah I was only pretending to have Autism!

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

What if.... Gabriel is the false angel....

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

messagemode1 posted:

What if.... Gabriel is the false angel....

Gabriel was a tool of the devil in Constantine!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Almost Smart posted:

The same termites who came there with the intent of murdering eveyone there (Gabriel included) and literally eat a baby.

His little spiel is coming off as completely forced drama and isn't consistent at all with what his character witnessed or experienced.

He's also projecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Josh McDermitt is a fun guy.

• Locked thread