Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

I don't know Anidav well enough for that, but I do know that he's notoriously bad at mafia, which could work in his favor should he have developed an ounce of capacity for manipulation and deception.

:raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

So because he's such an obvious and east target I'm carefully scrutinising people who vote for him. He's a safe target for scum and likely to draw votes that don't get follow up.

You called that a crappy bullshit play when I tried it on you :v:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Trop sprang

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I'm actually alright at mafia, I just gently caress up in roles I've never had before.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

He shouldn't have come out saying 'I'm town' in a semi serious way. If anyone else had done that what would the response be? That's a scummy play.

Anidav is disarming because we treat him differently because I guess we think he's terrible. That's not good.

Milky Moor posted:

Vanilla town motherfuckers

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

I'm actually alright at mafia

I thought beet explained to you last time that lying was a bad move

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Trap sprung

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Matthew Beet posted:

So because he's such an obvious and east target I'm carefully scrutinising people who vote for him. He's a safe target for scum and likely to draw votes that don't get follow up.

I've noticed that Auspol in recent games tend to forget past days conversations targets and votes.

GoldfishPol more like it.

I find that interesting, though.

He's not necessarily confirmed town, and there hasn't really been a serious push towards him. In addition, unless he's important to town he is, to our knowledge, just as likely a target as anyone.
In all honesty, if Anidav is scum, then throwing shade on anyone who votes for him would be a pretty good dissuasion tactic.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

You called that a crappy bullshit play when I tried it on you :v:

But I think I was scum that game, was I not? I'll do anything to not get caught out when scum, except sell my butt.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I missed this in my skimming earlier. Interesting. No one but you seems to have cared either. Do you have any thoughts ?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Matthew Beet posted:

But I think I was scum that game, was I not? I'll do anything to not get caught out when scum, except sell my butt.

##vote Matthew Beet

I hear you might have some prime butt on the market?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I find that interesting, though.

He's not necessarily confirmed town, and there hasn't really been a serious push towards him. In addition, unless he's important to town he is, to our knowledge, just as likely a target as anyone.
In all honesty, if Anidav is scum, then throwing shade on anyone who votes for him would be a pretty good dissuasion tactic.

I'm not dissuading anyone from voting anyone. I'm just trying to encourage people to put real reasons. Those who don't make me curious.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I think Milky was joke posting but he hasn't posted since? On my phone unable to check.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Matthew Beet posted:

I missed this in my skimming earlier. Interesting. No one but you seems to have cared either. Do you have any thoughts ?

I do care about this, and feel like it's a bit suspect.

If he's vanilla town, what's stopping him from speaking his mind, contributing to discussions?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

If he's vanilla town, what's stopping him from speaking his mind, contributing to discussions?

Ooh! Ooh! I know this one! Ooh!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Maybe he can thinks you might vote for him for posting and making arguments? :shrug:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I think he said SA is blocked at his work.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

I have tangled several times with MM and always lost so I don't* have any thoughts.

*I'm so afraid

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Asphyxious posted:

Ooh! Ooh! I know this one! Ooh!

Mind helping a newbie out and telling me?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Matthew Beet posted:

Maybe he can thinks you might vote for him for posting and making arguments? :shrug:

No one's near hammer, so I doubt it's that.

But I have, perhaps, been a little zealous with my vote.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

I've noticed that Auspol in recent games tend to forget past days conversations targets and votes.

In a previous game i made a 4 post effort-post on voting histories and conversations. It was utterly ignored and i was killed that day, vanilla town.

People like to dogpile Anidav because of his auspol personality, woe is he. Then he pulled that nurse bait and switch and we all felt duped... but if you checked the scumdoc he was coached the whole way.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

No one's near hammer, so I doubt it's that.

But I have, perhaps, been a little zealous with my vote.

No it's ok. If it prompts discussion so be it

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Lol Kommando it wasn't coaching it was feedback on post previews.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kommando posted:

In a previous game i made a 4 post effort-post on voting histories and conversations. It was utterly ignored and i was killed that day, vanilla town.

People like to dogpile Anidav because of his auspol personality, woe is he. Then he pulled that nurse bait and switch and we all felt duped... but if you checked the scumdoc he was coached the whole way.

Keeping doing those type if posts. I read them.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

Lol Kommando it wasn't coaching it was feedback on post previews.

Kinda the definition of coaching, getting feedback?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

black_tangled posted:

I have tangled several times with MM and always lost so I don't* have any thoughts.

*I'm so afraid

Eh you shouldn't be afraid. Anidav's got an equivalent win / loss ratio to milky now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

Nope, you were town! Town-aligned lawyer-gladiator I believe. Going all apeshit calling it made-up bullshit with nothing to go on, flimsy argument pushing way too hard, voting me back, you see why I thought I was onto something? :cheeky:

Now granted, you were technically voting for Fruity and not for Anidav, but I thought that should make things all the more suspect, for trying to push an "easy Anidav lynch" when it wasn't even Anidav. :v:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

Kinda the definition of coaching, getting feedback?

Coaching is to teach, feedback is a pillar of teamwork.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Nope, you were town! Town-aligned lawyer-gladiator I believe. Going all apeshit calling it made-up bullshit with nothing to go on, flimsy argument pushing way too hard, voting me back, you see why I thought I was onto something? :cheeky:

Now granted, you were technically voting for Fruity and not for Anidav, but I thought that should make things all the more suspect, for trying to push an "easy Anidav lynch" when it wasn't even Anidav. :v:

Oh yeah I thought you were scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

They just can't face the horrible truth, Anidav. I still owe you a bottle of Cholula!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Matthew Beet posted:

This was really obvious in the last game as a major problem. Once a day ended it was like it never happened for town cases. They sleepwalked right into LyLo not knowing it was LyLo and completely forgot that Kat Delacour had on a previous day had a mod message saying they were scum announced because Fruity Gordo got a scum hit as cop.

Speaking of which Fruity start posting.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

They just can't face the horrible truth, Anidav. I still owe you a bottle of Cholula!

Is that like kahlua?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

That game was ages ago. You guys lost fair and square so can we please talk about a game that's alive?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
They were reminded but I dazzled them into loving me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lid posted:

This was really obvious in the last game as a major problem. Once a day ended it was like it never happened for town cases. They sleepwalked right into LyLo not knowing it was LyLo and completely forgot that Kat Delacour had on a previous day had a mod message saying they were scum announced because Fruity Gordo got a scum hit as cop.

Speaking of which Fruity start posting.

I have no idea how you could put up with your posting restriction for so long last game. I would have been frustrated as.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

Is that like kahlua?

No, it's hot sauce. Really loving tasty hot sauce. Reminds me I need to grab like another 5 bottles.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

Coaching is to teach, feedback is a pillar of teamwork.

I guess I see coaching as more like guidance, when you coach someone to find their own solution etc. Less didactic and preachy, more supportive. But that might be more a management interpretation of coaching. Anyway, you were totally helped, don't undersell it, that is mean to your scum team.

Matthew Beet posted:

Eh you shouldn't be afraid. Anidav's got an equivalent win / loss ratio to milky now.

I was joking :) um thoughts are, he is almost definitely scum based on that one comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Yeah auspol have short memories like the electorate

• Locked thread