Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Al Harrington posted:

Scott Walker gave two non answers and then walked away when a 7 year old questioned him on climate change
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyn7t4gstGA

Not since Potatoe has a politician failed so utterly when paired against a grade schooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Joementum posted:

Here's an ad for Ted Cruz's new book A Time for Truth, which is in no way a campaign ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltW1X7X03m8
He looks more and more like Q every time I see him now.

As for Huckabee, he is what he is. A provincial redneck preacher made good who can't stop sticking his hand in the donation box. He's hardly the most loathsome politician around, in fact he's one of the more human in many ways. I could make a list using all fingers and toes of despicable politicians in order before I got to Hucklebee.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Here's a video of Mike Huckabee saying all Americans need to be forced to listen to David Barton at gunpoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1O1dvN8lag

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...=mywalkoutmusic

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Cruz Hones Pitch as He Visits Rural Voters

quote:

LINCOLN, N.H. (AP) — Ahead of his expected presidential campaign, Sen. Ted Cruz is banking on his hopes that rural New Hampshire voters and his home state of Texas share a similarly dour view of government.

He is promising to abolish the Internal Revenue Service and scrap the Education Department. He vows to curtail federal regulators, likening to locusts that deserve to be killed. And his standard campaign-style speech includes a zinger about the Second Amendment.

"I'm pretty sure, here in New Hampshire, y'all define gun control like we do down in Texas: gun control is when you hit what you aim at," Cruz said Sunday during the first of a two-day visit to New Hampshire.

It's all part of the pitch Cruz is making to rural voters, here in New Hampshire and in other early nominating states with vast stretches of farms and forests. All candidates make such efforts, and frequent stops at county fairs and farm stands will be a staple of campaign schedules by the time there are declared candidates.

Even before he becomes an official candidate, Cruz is crossing off one item on every contender's to-do list: make a visit to the sparsely populated northern one-third of the state called the North Country. The rural region is home to less than a tenth of the state's population and its economy struggles to survive.

But candidates — like would-be-aspirants like Cruz — ignore the region at their peril. While there are fewer voters here than in the populous southern tier of the state, they are vocal. Candidates cannot be perceived as writing off the North Country in favor of the southern region, which is home to newcomers from neighboring Massachusetts.

"We will probably have each and every one come through," Grafton County GOP chairman Bruce Perlo said of the candidates.

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry visited last week, and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and businesswoman Carly Fiorina have announced plans to head north, too.

If the trip and its messaging border on pandering, Cruz does not care.

"To value liberty and freedom above all else — live free or die," he said, channeling New Hampshire's state motto. "That sums up what it means to be an American."

For now, as Cruz is moving toward making official his White House ambitions, he is pitching himself as a Washington outsider and a conservative champion who would scrap federal departments and return control over schools to parents.

"A week ago, I was in Iowa. Yesterday, I was in South Carolina. Today I'm in New Hampshire," Cruz said.

Ahead of an official declaration, he is working to introduce himself to voters as someone who understands their frustrations.

"If you see a candidate who Washington embraces, run and hide," Cruz told party activists at this Grafton County GOP fundraiser.

Cruz's standard political speech is laced with such messages against government and tailoring it to the local crowds.

"We have seen over the last six years federal regulators descending on businesses like locusts. I was out once in West Texas and I said the only difference is you can't use pesticide on the regulators. And an old Texas farmer said to me: 'Want to bet?'" Cruz said. "I have got to admit: That kind of seems like an attitude that folks in the North Country could understand."

But Cruz is also taking away bits of his standard fare as he goes before more rural audiences.

When Cruz met with voters earlier in the day in the southern corner of the state, he talked about his Houston home in a high-rise condo building. Now 90 miles north, he was silent on the subject.

Hm, what could he mean by the bolded?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ted Cruz is wonderful :allears:

Here's him getting Santorum to sign something for him in Iowa. Santorum didn't realise it was Cruz~

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Al Harrington posted:

Scott Walker gave two non answers and then walked away when a 7 year old questioned him on climate change

Bald spot alert! Whew. Now I'm not worried about Walker being President at all. He can't open his eyes all the way, he's not that tall, AND he has a massive bald spot. Not gonna happen. Praise Jaysus!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

Here's him getting Santorum to sign something for him in Iowa. Santorum didn't realise it was Cruz~

Thats actually pretty funny

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Unironically humorous.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

Joementum posted:

The latest in Mike Huckabee's scampaign: a cure for the diabetes.

But there's one big problem for Huckabee in this miracle of cinnamon and chromium...

His people keep saying that he's ended all his relationships with these hucksters (heh), but they just keep coming.

He looks like my rear end in a top hat uncle that only ever shows up when he needs cash. Actually, now I'm not so sure Uncle Don isn't actually Mike Huckabee wearing a wig.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Oh, Ezra Klein...

http://www.vox.com/2015/3/16/8220537/al-gore-president-2016

Excellent troll piece.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

De Nomolos posted:

He looks like my rear end in a top hat uncle that only ever shows up when he needs cash. Actually, now I'm not so sure Uncle Don isn't actually Mike Huckabee wearing a wig.

If he's ended the relationship, then it's interesting the video with him hawking their cure is still on the website. He's still getting residuals even if he does say he doesn't work for them.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I guess we're overlooking the possibility that his claim of a secret Bible verse that cures cancer could work. That'd make for a great positive campaign ad.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Al Harrington posted:

That really isn't a big story. Anyone that tries to play it up as being meaningful is just being incredibly partisan. Seriously, he was polite about it and then moved on.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I'd vote for Gore if he ran.

And if I were American.

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

That video was the first time I've heard Cruz's voice. Has he always sounded like a Canadian doing an impression of a southern pastor?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Biff Rockgroin posted:

That video was the first time I've heard Cruz's voice. Has he always sounded like a Canadian doing an impression of a southern pastor?

Cruz does a great Churchill impression.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Pohl posted:

That really isn't a big story. Anyone that tries to play it up as being meaningful is just being incredibly partisan. Seriously, he was polite about it and then moved on.

Maybe not a big story, but he obviously dodged both of those questions. You'd think he could bullshit a toddler better.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

Pohl posted:

it's ok, he's terrible for a myriad of other reasons

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pohl posted:

If you can't even answer a small child's question satisfactorily, that doesn't speak well to your candidacy.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Chokes McGee posted:

If you can't even answer a small child's question satisfactorily, that doesn't speak well to your candidacy.

Yeah, he should've just gotten up and taken his burger with him as soon as the kid opened its mouth.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Biff Rockgroin posted:

Has he always sounded like a Canadian doing an impression of a southern pastor?

Uh well that's who he is, so yes?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Salon is here to burst the Gore 2016 bubble before its momentum overwhelms the race.

The case against Al Gore in 2016.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Here's the case against [Democrat not named Hillary] in one chart:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Carson is the candidate for hipsters.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
fuckin' Huckabee? really?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Al Harrington posted:

fuckin' Huckabee? really?

don't underestimate the Huckster

He's the most genuinely personable candidate they've got, and has hefty appeal in a massive and crucial part of the Republican base. He could do some damage in this primary.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Salon is here to burst the Gore 2016 bubble before its momentum overwhelms the race.

The case against Al Gore in 2016.

Well that was quick. I doubt he'd try to undercut Hillary, though. Still, the D field is fairly weak except for Rod(ham)zilla

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

A snake oil salesman, the fat-horse of the GOP.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Castro is the obvious VP choice if only because I still entertain the idea that Texas can be made a contest in 2024

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

PupsOfWar posted:

He's the most genuinely personable candidate they've got, and has hefty appeal in a massive and crucial part of the Republican base. He could do some damage in this primary.

Does he actually want to win though or is he just another scam candidate?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Radish posted:

Does he actually want to win though or is he just another scam candidate?

He quit a pretty lucrative job to run.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Rick Santorum won 11 states in 2012, and the religious-right evangelicals who voted for him would be perfectly happy to vote for a more charismatic, protestant version.

I think there are probably some significant movers-and-shakers on the religious right lobbying Huckabee to run as a means of extracting certain conservative guarantees from the godless papist John Ellis Bush. The area where Huckabee is primed to snipe states (the deep South) is an area Jeb is counting on. If he has to fight Huckabee tooth and nail in Dixie, his ability to fight other candidates in their own strongholds is diminished and his path to the nomination is less clear. He may have to stake out firm right-wing positions early on in order to prevent this.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

VP Huckabee!

Bush and the Huckster 2016, here we come!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You're joking, of course, but Huck brings nothing to the table as VP pick, for anyone. He's not even in the conversation.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Joementum posted:

Here's an ad for Ted Cruz's new book A Time for Truth, which is in no way a campaign ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltW1X7X03m8

Other than showing the title of the book against a black background, is there even any hint in that ad that it's about a book?

Joementum posted:

The latest in Mike Huckabee's scampaign: a cure for the diabetes.

But there's one big problem for Huckabee in this miracle of cinnamon and chromium...

His people keep saying that he's ended all his relationships with these hucksters (heh), but they just keep coming.

It's probably a lot harder to make ends meet without that sweet Fox News paycheck than Huckabee expected. Him whoring himself out like this amuses me to no end. :allears:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

PupsOfWar posted:

He also has a well-established reputation as a huckster for snake-oil disease cures, let a guy out of prison whose first act was to murder another person, and he dared suggest that we might sort of be contributing to global warming.

Also he's fat. And his family is creepy as hell. Sure, he can laugh at himself, but the part of the GOP that can't stand him--the Romney wing--will literally bury him in a mountain of cash and attack ads.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Alter Ego posted:

Also he's fat. And his family is creepy as hell. Sure, he can laugh at himself, but the part of the GOP that can't stand him--the Romney wing--will literally bury him in a mountain of cash and attack ads.

In this field the Romney wing may have too many targets to bury them all in cash and attack ads. The Base has been awakened, and it hungers for the redest of meat. Can Jeb satiate them with but greens?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Alter Ego posted:

Sure, he can laugh at himself

I'm not so sure you can apply that label to a man who was offered a chance to laugh off an old article he wrote about dancing being unchristian-like and instead more-or-less said "Well I wasn't wrong".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

In this field the Romney wing may have too many targets to bury them all in cash and attack ads. The Base has been awakened, and it hungers for the redest of meat. Can Jeb satiate them with but greens?

Huckamania is the biggest target, he's the one that'll get buried. Carson, Christie, Perry, and Santorum will or already have burn themselves out in some stupid stunt. Cruz is basically a ball of pure, stupid, ambition, and doesn't possess the capacity for the sort of long term scheming required to be elected president. Rubio and Walker remain acceptable, though not ideal candidates for Bush's big money backers. Huck has the charisma and the crazy to go for the brass ring, and Bush money will come down on him hard if he doesn't quit by November or so.

• Locked thread