Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

MY FLAWLESS LOGIC REVEALED:

I'm Real Dumb.

nah your not, your just doing similar stuff i used to do. running off on a tangent trying to make stuff fit the argument i wanted to present, instead of building an argument based on evidence you'd found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*you're

goddamiit

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Matthew Beet posted:

*you're

goddamiit

Grammatical Errors! Clearly, scum. This all fits into my trap theory.

But for serious, I'm fresh out of leads, and my general strategy of "fling votes wildly" seems to have confused more than its revealed. I guess I'll be doing some serious re-reading.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm only skimming this poo poo, but I can see why someone would say that Anidav's a trap because it's not necessarily a trap for scum but a trap for town. I was thinking about it on the way home and tbh as funny as lynching anidav day 1 is, it's just gonna gently caress town over and over and over again

Mod has to account for him being murdered day 1. If they make him scum, he's a liability for scum, if they make him VT, it's a liability for town because he's just not gonna get to contribute, if they give him a role, he's not gonna get to use it. If they give him a punishing role (ie bomb), that's no fun for anyone.

Maybe we can stop thinking with our loving testosterone and think about what's best for the group as a whole and give the fucker a chance to contribute before slamming our dicks in the kitchen drawer over and over and over again while yelling about how funny it is, just ignore the blood

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

tithin posted:

I'm only skimming this poo poo, but I can see why someone would say that Anidav's a trap because it's not necessarily a trap for scum but a trap for town. I was thinking about it on the way home and tbh as funny as lynching anidav day 1 is, it's just gonna gently caress town over and over and over again

Mod has to account for him being murdered day 1. If they make him scum, he's a liability for scum, if they make him VT, it's a liability for town because he's just not gonna get to contribute, if they give him a role, he's not gonna get to use it. If they give him a punishing role (ie bomb), that's no fun for anyone.

Maybe we can stop thinking with our loving testosterone and think about what's best for the group as a whole and give the fucker a chance to contribute before slamming our dicks in the kitchen drawer over and over and over again while yelling about how funny it is, just ignore the blood

Aren't the roles random?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Aren't the roles random?

Varies from game to game, I thought.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Aren't the roles random?

They're meant to be. I generally don't completely random roll when I make my games though.

Tithin's argument to me is sound, I too believe in not lynching Anidav "just for tradition's sake" as its a crap play, but you've kind of lost me with the testosterone thing.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Note for the women playing, replace dicks with tits, ~no misogyny here~

I can't speak for others, but I designed factions, then roles, then allocations

no randomness at all, allocations were specific to strength of the player and strength of role

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
They are usually random via dice role or similar method. I still agree with tithin on principle that town developing lynch habits is a bad thing; no matter how much you guys hate me. :smith:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

yes.

but also no.

never not lynch day 1 means someones gotta die on day 1. does it matter if it's the same person over and over again as opposed to a random turbo? if alignment selection is truly randomised, then no it actually doesn't matter. does it matter to that same person? of course!

this is in no way an argument for or against an anidav lynch.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
What are you fuckers trying to say making me a roleblocker scum in the last couple games >:(

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't think we can exonerate Anidav just because we're assuming TOML had to strategically place him.

I also don't believe he should be damned for just being him, although it makes it difficult when his response to being voted for is to meltdown, rather than make compelling arguments.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Like, I realise it's hypocritical of me to argue against policy lynches considering I went hard for Harold loving Krell in the megagame that's going on right now, but that's an exception for Harold loving Krell, and I'd expect any one of you to do the same as I did.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

They are usually random via dice role or similar method. I still agree with tithin on principle that town developing lynch habits is a bad thing; no matter how much you guys hate me. :smith:

And anidav, we DON'T hate you. At least, I don't.

It's just that you paint a huge target on yourself, by responding to it. If you know a turbolynch is bullshit, point to another target. Use something compelling.

Hell, you could have jumped on me the same way Beet did, and used my lovely argument as a way to paint me as a nogoodnik!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I don't think we can exonerate Anidav just because we're assuming TOML had to strategically place him.

I also don't believe he should be damned for just being him, although it makes it difficult when his response to being voted for is to meltdown, rather than make compelling arguments.

Its also not compelling when its always "give me a chance guys!" *does the exact same loving poo poo next game* BUT EVEN SO I'm in camp "give Anidav another go" , as evidenced by me wanting him in all my games and working with him to create fun content despite him being a complete rear end to me at the time.

Kat Delacour posted:

What are you fuckers trying to say making me a roleblocker scum in the last couple games >:(

I made you a bomb. :frogc00l:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Matthew Beet posted:

yes.

but also no.

never not lynch day 1 means someones gotta die on day 1. does it matter if it's the same person over and over again as opposed to a random turbo? if alignment selection is truly randomised, then no it actually doesn't matter. does it matter to that same person? of course!

I'm no saying don't not lynch day 1, I'm saying do it strategically rather than "lol anidav's playing better turbo him because it's anidav"

Matthew Beet posted:

And one day he's just going to stop signing up for games in frustration, then who'll be the target?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Kat Delacour posted:

I made you a roleblocker because you're obtuse :v:

(in before acute pun)

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

tithin posted:

(in before acute pun)

You can't in before your own post! That's not Right!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

On the flip side, it's hard to try and make arguments happen when all town does is debate my fate regardless of my posting style.

Seriously, I already posted my thoughts so far and the only person who quoted it was Bif, out of a joke. I am trying my best to be of value but the appraiser is biased as gently caress.

Anidav posted:

Okay I'm back behind my trusty desktop. To just put it plain; I really don't like starting every mafia game like its Groundhog Day. It's really hard to get out of.

I'm starting to get used to the longer day, there's no rush and it seems to maybe prevent the Small Keating effect(If eventually evidenced). I find three points of value on this day thus far:

1. Gaspy appears to be trying his hardest to be crew posting. Beet and Bif think this is a scum tell(maybe?) but few appear to be willing to cast a vote on it as of yet. I also think it appears suss but it's also just as possible that Gaspy needs a day or two to revv up his talents and scum hunt with a traditional bloodthirst.

2. I hosed up, the Awful Android App is awful for Mafia because it lacks tabs and various advanced features. I retract and apologise for improperly defining the play style of busb in a prior game. What I was trying to get at is from looking at it again that the play style of busb was popping in, making a few sane posts and then popping out. I would title it a Town by Day, Scum by Night manoeuvre. This is something we should all add to our Pokedexes of Scum Playstyles.

3. Bifauxnen's posting style has devolved from a somewhat analytical manner to posting giggles and appears to remain as the only poster posting about previous games. She might be busy with real life things but that's my interpretation.

In fact a common theme with Auspol games is that real life things causing posting infrequencies sets off scumdars so I'm really hoping the longer days make for a more accurate lynching style rather than the usual 1 hour till deadline snowball that happens in rush hour traffic.

Here they are again. Give me "feedback" for once.

The target is already painted on me, before the game even starts, I just get attention for trying to use paint remover every game in my record. It's tiresome Auspol. It really is.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

tithin posted:

(in before acute pun)

What's your angle here

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I agree with Tithin re:Anidav. Goons run poo poo into the ground enough as is.

I'm hitting the hay. Hopefully I'm still alive tomorrow!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

On the flip side, it's hard to try and make arguments happen when all town does is debate my fate regardless of my posting style.

Seriously, I already posted my thoughts so far and the only person who quoted it was Bif, out of a joke. I am trying my best to be of value but the appraiser is biased as gently caress.

The target is already painted on me, before the game even starts, I just get attention for trying to use paint remover every game in my record. It's tiresome Auspol. It really is.

Seems like a perfectly sound writeup? I hadn't noticed Bif's posts being more "for giggles' than usual, but I have to say I'm getting increasingly distracted by where the gently caress is Milky

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

You didn't post any targets, though! Each target you suggested, you immediately retracted.

quote:

I also think it appears suss but it's also just as possible that Gaspy needs a day or two to revv up his talents and scum hunt with a traditional bloodthirst.

Don't undermine your own arguments!

[quote]3. Bifauxnen's posting style has devolved from a somewhat analytical manner to posting giggles and appears to remain as the only poster posting about previous games. She might be busy with real life things but that's my interpretation. [/b]

Don't supply your target's excuses!

More quotes, also, would help.

Is that the kind of feedback you'd like, Anime David?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
poo poo, hosed up the quote on that one. Almost hit that edit button before I slapped my own hand :v

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Kat Delacour posted:

What's your angle here

:golfclap:

Also acceptable.

Anidav posted:

I just came out to bat for you pretty hard dude in a meta context.

In short your comments are things that people have already noted (1), valid observation though I don't believe busb is playing (2), and arguably tangential because Bif's been posting without structure now to her posting for some time (3)

your untitled (4) is also correct, and that's something I've been having issues with for a while.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

I'm no saying don't not lynch day 1, I'm saying do it strategically rather than "lol anidav's playing better turbo him because it's anidav"

it's day one, usually there's no strategy to it. you just slap around hoping someone fucks up. if no one fucks up it's purely a random stab in the dark

quote:

And one day he's just going to stop signing up for games in frustration, then who'll be the target?

whoever gets picked. i don't know what you're trying to say? that's mafia. someones gotta die.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

MysticalMachineGun posted:

The only reason I haven't gone with the "classic" play of voting Anidav is that if he makes it to day two he might just post about something other than getting voted out all the time.

Also I am now phone posting so seek your large multi quote posts elsewhere.

Don't hold your breath.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Matthew Beet posted:

it's day one, usually there's no strategy to it. you just slap around hoping someone fucks up. if no one fucks up it's purely a random stab in the dark

whoever gets picked. i don't know what you're trying to say? that's mafia. someones gotta die.

I don't disagree with the overall "lynch someone day 1"

I disagree with "always lynch anidav day 1"

If it makes everyone feel better about getting it out of their system, turbo me

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
All honesty, for now, I'm going to go with MMG.

Earlier, when he jumped in and out of bandwagons, it really made me pause. That, and he seems really keen on elaborating that he's "TOTAL TOWN, TOWNIE HERE!" in a way that just doesn't ring true.

##vote MysticalMachineGun

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I'm not retracting. Anidav lived through the whole of the last game and still managed to wet the bed.

Also wondering where the gently caress is Milky tho.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

i bolded all the poo poo you really need to stop.

people pick you because of the way you react and the way you play. to improve the way you play you say you need to play more, fine, so to stop being a target you need to change the way you react. stop using 'I' 'my' 'me' in all future posts.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm not offering bif a way out, it's just pointing out the nature of Auspol. I voted Milky to try and gain his attention if it could be gained. It's common place for a few people to be missing for the first few days.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Matthew Beet posted:

i bolded all the poo poo you really need to stop.

people pick you because of the way you react and the way you play. to improve the way you play you say you need to play more, fine, so to stop being a target you need to change the way you react. stop using 'I' 'my' 'me' in all future posts.

Because that worked SO WELL

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
##vote milky moor

get in here milku-chan

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

I'm not offering bif a way out, it's just pointing out the nature of Auspol. I voted Milky to try and gain his attention if it could be gained. It's common place for a few people to be missing for the first few days.

I think Milky's a valid vote.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

I don't disagree with the overall "lynch someone day 1"

I disagree with "always lynch anidav day 1"

If it makes everyone feel better about getting it out of their system, turbo me

it's not always lynch anidav day 1.

did he get turbo'd last game? no he lasted till the end.

or the game before that? (king maker) no he lasted till the end again.

so..?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's more of a warning shot than a vote tbh.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kat Delacour posted:

Because that worked SO WELL

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

tithin posted:

I love you Tithin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Asphyxious posted:

Agreed with Tommofork's assessment. For whatever reason MMG is trying to gain momentum on me. Calling me suss is one thing, but actually pulling for a lynch on me is just plain ridiculous.

I am, at best, a day 2 lynch, and only someone who really wanted to hurt town would think otherwise.

##vote MysticalMachineGun

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have read - essentially "don't vote me guys, i'm not Anidav you can only vote me day 2 without being suss". Really? I was encouraging you to keep talking earlier as it was good for town and fosters discussion but if you're scummy, you're scummy. Being a poster doesn't reprieve you from being scum.

Meanwhile Gough Suppressant's role in this game has been to vote me and making random comments of six words or less to appear active. They're not contributing at all and without others excuses of having lives because they are posting.

##vote Gough Suppressant

• Locked thread