Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

greatn posted:

I think it's been literally three episodes I think? She did something with a flash drive in the mid season finale, you found out they wanted the toolbox the first episode back, and in the last episode they had the conversation, considered back up, and had Mack's hand forced.

I kind of think they might be working for Cal, or the inhumans in general. Because their actions are very protective of Skye, but they also keep saying things in front of her that would drive her away, probably towards her father.

Really? I mean sure they're protective of Skye but only really against powerful aliens who say she's an abomination and that she needs to be killed or imprisoned forever.

I can see the characters of Bobbi and Mack working for HAMMER, SWORD or Maria Hill (possibly Maria Hill for one of the former). Stark or Talbot seem less plausible but I have a really hard time seeing what would motivate them to work with Cal tbh. Hats off if it's true I guess :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Martout posted:

Really? I mean sure they're protective of Skye but only really against powerful aliens who say she's an abomination and that she needs to be killed or imprisoned forever.

I can see the characters of Bobbi and Mack working for HAMMER, SWORD or Maria Hill (possibly Maria Hill for one of the former). Stark or Talbot seem less plausible but I have a really hard time seeing what would motivate them to work with Cal tbh. Hats off if it's true I guess :haw:

Maria Hill works for Stark - it's unlikely that the two would be working separately.

It really would be awesome if they are working for those two and it's building to a Downey Jr. appearance as part of the Age of Ultron crossover.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

BreakAtmo posted:

Maria Hill works for Stark - it's unlikely that the two would be working separately.

It really would be awesome if they are working for those two and it's building to a Downey Jr. appearance as part of the Age of Ultron crossover.

Yeah the Bobbi&Mack subplot is the best candidate for AoU-lead in but I'd be very surprised if RDJ showed up tbh. We'll probably get Sam Jackson or the Falcon guy or someone :)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BreakAtmo posted:

It would be thematically consistent too, since the entire plot of Agent Carter was Peggy working for Tony's father under proto-SHIELD's RADAR.

I mean, for completely different reasons, but I still feel it's a good point.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Martout posted:

Yeah the Bobbi&Mack subplot is the best candidate for AoU-lead in but I'd be very surprised if RDJ showed up tbh. We'll probably get Sam Jackson or the Falcon guy or someone :)

In fairness people 'would have been very surprised if Sam Jackson showed up' before he actually did, and Downey's already said in an AMA (unprompted) that he wants to appear on AoS.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

BreakAtmo posted:

In fairness people 'would have been very surprised if Sam Jackson showed up' before he actually did, and Downey's already said in an AMA (unprompted) that he wants to appear on AoS.

Sam Jackson is significantly less surprising than RDJ and I can't believe I have to spell that out for you.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Martout posted:

Sam Jackson is significantly less surprising than RDJ and I can't believe I have to spell that out for you.

Learn from Barry Convex's mistakes.

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

Martout posted:

I don't disagree, but if dude had two spare seconds while they were filming AoU to shoot one scene where Bobbi and Mack walk up to a desk talking about their findings and the camera pans up to show Tony and he says "very good" and they throw it in as a stinger at the end of an episode it would still be enough for people to flip. They wouldn't even have to show him again, follow up episodes could just be "omg I can't believe you were working for stark all along, why?"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Martout posted:

Just look at some of the D-list direct to video movies Jackson has been in lately, Netflix constantly has me going "What the gently caress? Samuel Jackson is in this piece of poo poo?"

Is he in tax trouble like Snipes & Cage? Or does the dude just love being in lots of stuff? I mean it's not like he's not in great movies still, too and isn't washed up like the other two.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 15, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Blazing Ownager posted:

Just look at some of the D-list direct to video movies Jackson has been in lately, Netflix constantly has me going "What the gently caress? Samuel Jackson is in this piece of poo poo?"

Is he in tax trouble like Snipes & Cage? Or does the dude just love being in lots of stuff? I mean it's not like he's not in great movies still, too and isn't washed up like the other two.

I figure he's a working actor, and sees it as a job beyond the quality of the movie.

I was watching Comming to America not too long ago and he's the dude that robs the not-Mcdonalds that gets beaten up by Eddie Murphy's stunt double.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Phylodox posted:

What I was wrong about had absolutely nothing to do with film actors appearing on the show, so... not really.

I wouldn't completely rule out RDJ or any of the actual Avengers appearing, personally. I just wouldn't bet on it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Barry Convex posted:

What I was wrong about had absolutely nothing to do with film actors appearing on the show, so... not really.

You doubted the audacity and innovation of the Great Marvel Cross-Merchandising Behemoth. They will prove you wrong every time.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
There's a reason that Samuel L. Jackson is the highest-grossing actor of all time.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Phylodox posted:

Fucks sake I just said it's more likely we get a cameo from an actor that is not the by far highest paid actor in the MCU. Not even close to Barry Convex territory :shobon:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Martout posted:

Fucks sake I just said it's more likely we get a cameo from an actor that is not the by far highest paid actor in the MCU. Not even close to Barry Convex territory :shobon:

This is gonna be the post people quote.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I'm sure RDJ can take a discount unless union rules require that ABC has to pay 10 million dollars to appear.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Think he's gonna top his paycheck from Avengers?

Phylodox posted:

This is gonna be the post people quote.

I guess I should just buckle up huh v:shobon:v

Martout fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 15, 2015

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Marvel clearly wants to extend RDJ as Stark as long as possible but I don't know how much leverage they'd waste on him doing cameos on AOS or even the Netflix shows. I wouldn't be as surprised if some AOS or Agent Carter characters (mainly Clark Gregg as Coulson but others could as well) in Netflix series but I think it is mostly unlikely.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd like to see AoS characters in games. Agent May or Daisy Poots team ups in marvel heroes! They already have Coulson.

I'd not be surrpised to see Quake show up more in tie in materials and look like Chloe Bennett.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I'd like to see AoS characters in games. Agent May or Daisy Poots team ups in marvel heroes! They already have Coulson.

I'd not be surrpised to see Quake show up more in tie in materials and look like Chloe Bennett.

I wouldn't mind that, since as of now, it's hard to tell her apart from Maria Hill.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Martout posted:

You know what, put me down as guessing that Hawkeye might show up around the season finale/AoU buildup.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ensign_Ricky posted:

You know what, put me down as guessing that Hawkeye might show up around the season finale/AoU buildup.

Clark Gregg did sort of drop a hint to that on Twitter a while back.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I wouldn't mind that, since as of now, it's hard to tell her apart from Maria Hill.

And she's been almost completely useless and superfluous since she was created.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Actually, y'know who I could see cameoing? JARVIS. That could easily tie in to Age of Ultron and voicework's much more achievable, especially since he's going in to record anyway.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 16, 2015

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Maria Hill being the one to show up to confirm that Bobbi and Mack are working for Stark is more practical.

As for people showing up, what about Crossbones or Agent 13? Would Van Camp already being on an ABC show make it weirder, or easier?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Didn't Crossbones die in Winter Soldier?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The Sharmat posted:

No, but he was visibly disfigured iirc

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

The Sharmat posted:

I did nazi him surviving that crash.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

There actually was a scene of him being pulled out of the rubble. He was REALLY badly burned.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

notthegoatseguy posted:

Marvel clearly wants to extend RDJ as Stark as long as possible but I don't know how much leverage they'd waste on him doing cameos on AOS or even the Netflix shows. I wouldn't be as surprised if some AOS or Agent Carter characters (mainly Clark Gregg as Coulson but others could as well) in Netflix series but I think it is mostly unlikely.

Why would him appearing on AoS be "wasting leverage"? Not only has Downey said he wants to be on the show, he loves being Tony Stark. At this point it seems like more of a struggle to get him to do an appearance where he isn't playing Stark. :v:

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Edit: nvm

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If they really wanted to tie in hard with AoU, Bobbi and Mack could be working for not for Stark but for Ultron, not knowing he's evil.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Polaron posted:

Why would him appearing on AoS be "wasting leverage"? Not only has Downey said he wants to be on the show, he loves being Tony Stark. At this point it seems like more of a struggle to get him to do an appearance where he isn't playing Stark. :v:

I mean, that's probably just PR talk. I do think Marvel doesn't have to worry about "wasting" a cameo in one of their TV shows. That's completely separate from number of films someone is signed for. You just need a combination of "actor is available, in the general area, and willing to do it cheap, and it's something you can do quickly", which when you're dealing with some of the most in demand actors on the planet is generally not likely. I mean Now You See It 3D: Now YOU Saw It isn't going to make itself, Ruffalo.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Tyree posted:

Maria Hill being the one to show up to confirm that Bobbi and Mack are working for Stark is more practical.

As for people showing up, what about Crossbones or Agent 13? Would Van Camp already being on an ABC show make it weirder, or easier?

Maria Hill seems most likely if it is an Ultron thing. With RDJ's name dropping the show quite frequently though, seems like we might get a stealth surprise cameo out of it. i.e. the episode is touted as featuring Hill again, then Stark shows up at the very end. I'm just not sure how you can have Stark show up without addressing the "Coulson is alive" situation, since that seems like it would be worth more than an off hand line or outright ignoring of it.

I keep waiting for Revenge to get cancelled and for Emily VanCamp to move over to Shield. Seems like an easy transition, and I would think the producers would want to snap her up.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Tony would play that cool though. "Coulson, you're alive? Nice. I think Fury stole your baseball cards."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I just want to know where the gently caress Clay Quartermain is. Also, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Scott Adsit.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Phylodox posted:

I just want to know where the gently caress Clay Quartermain is. Also, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Scott Adsit.

Maybe in Jessica Jones? He has a small role in Alias.

Also, I would love to see a live-action Hawkeye Vs. Deadpool. Or a cartoon! I know the rights are all wrong for it but that miniseries rocked.

Metalshark fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 16, 2015

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
I honestly found it a little weird that Raina, as much of a zealot as she was before, didn't just accept that "Terrigenesis works in mysterious ways." I mean, if someone ELSE came out looking like she did, I don't see her being all like 'oh, gross, go away!"

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

The Red Queen posted:

I honestly found it a little weird that Raina, as much of a zealot as she was before, didn't just accept that "Terrigenesis works in mysterious ways." I mean, if someone ELSE came out looking like she did, I don't see her being all like 'oh, gross, go away!"

Are you joking or do you actually find it weird that she didn't like being turned into a porcupine, and is reacting differently than she would if it happened to someone else?

Are you some sort of alien trying to figure out how humans work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

The girl liked being pretty and was told by her parents/grandma/whoever that she was going to be an amazing person blabbity blah whenever she was transformed. She thought she'd be transcendent or some poo poo, not some spiky freak.

• Locked thread