Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I feel like I missed out, I never heard of this game and braced myself when I saw the cutscene that it was going to be old but man it's hard to watch almost right out the gate with how bland and cardboard-y it looks.

That being said I do hope friday or thursday it's just the guys playing the last mission of the Wonderful 101 again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a 1995 game, man.

Super Mario 64 came out in 1996, to put it in perspective.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Man, Friday is either going to be the best... or the absolute worst.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Do not even ask posted:

Well we know it won't be Steel Battalion Kinect. because Matt threw his out!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Do not even ask posted:

One Must Fall 2097.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Captain Invictus posted:

It's a 1995 game, man.

Super Mario 64 came out in 1996, to put it in perspective.

That actually does a bit.

I mean I knew it was old and was willing to cut it a ton of slack, it's just very dull to watch because of it personally.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
This is suddenly the best week ever!

Do not even ask posted:

GUNDAM BATTLE ASSAULT MAKE IT HAPPEN

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 16, 2015

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Dias posted:

One Must Fall 2097.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Mechs are the best type of robot and starting with one of the better Mechwarriors is a drat good way to kick it off.

I've always prefered the stompier, slower mechs from Mechwarrior over Gundams.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Do not even ask posted:

Well, they already did the best robot fighting game, Rise of the Robots. :v:

But seriously this is the best theme for a week.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Finally, a platform for Woolie to show off his Chobits game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FauxGateau posted:

Woolie bought a 1000 dollar statue of Captain Harlock. I really wouldn't put anything past these guys. I'm sure there's some ridiculous stuff we haven't even heard about yet.

Well, tbf that's like $113 in US dollars.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wonder if they'll do Super Robot Wars. There's enough with english translation patches to give it a shot, maybe SRW: MX?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Patched, anime, crossover srpg seems like several layers too anime for Matt.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Captain Invictus posted:

I wonder if they'll do Super Robot Wars. There's enough with english translation patches to give it a shot, maybe SRW: MX?

Aren't those turn based strategy games too? I can't imagine that would make for an interesting video

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm thinking we're getting Cyberbots Fisticuffs or Rise of the Robots Scrublords this week.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Not to take anything away from Robut Week hype, but Pat and Woolies' gleeful cackling when testing out Double Command in Parasite Eve is the best.

If they have the time and inclination, they could do a post-LP video where they Gameshark in a pile of guns and tools and Frankenstein together the dumbest ultra-gun imaginable. Like a pistol with Double Command, Burst, x3 shot, and every elemental effect they can fit in.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

Aren't those turn based strategy games too? I can't imagine that would make for an interesting video

As awesome as the series is, the actual gameplay isn't very thrilling to watch. You can see all the most exciting parts from an all attacks video.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Tupperwarez posted:

Not to take anything away from Robut Week hype, but Pat and Woolies' gleeful cackling when testing out Double Command in Parasite Eve is the best.

If they have the time and inclination, they could do a post-LP video where they Gameshark in a pile of guns and tools and Frankenstein together the dumbest ultra-gun imaginable. Like a pistol with Double Command, Burst, x3 shot, and every elemental effect they can fit in.
They're on a PS3, aren't they? Would a PS1 Gameshark work on that?

If you were going to Gameshark to get the biggest, most ridiculous gun possible, though, you could probably save time and go to the normally-inaccessible Debug Room to get the Debug SMG, which, well...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm assuming one of the games this week is that robotech game Battlecry, judging from the opening.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

The opening is so hype good lord.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Silentman0 posted:

As awesome as the series is, the actual gameplay isn't very thrilling to watch. You can see all the most exciting parts from an all attacks video.

Yeah, I guess, I was just thinking of different mech games, and when I think of Japanese mech games, I think Armored Core(and other From games), Steel Battalion, and Super Robot Wars.

edit: what if they play ROBOT ALCHEMIC DRIVE! :aaa:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If they just watched one of those super long compilation videos of attacks from Super Robot Wars and talked over it I'd be up for that :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Worth noting: today's was labelled Real Robot.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's actually a "super robot" action game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9mBS8CQ-S0

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

The Kins posted:

They're on a PS3, aren't they? Would a PS1 Gameshark work on that?

If you were going to Gameshark to get the biggest, most ridiculous gun possible, though, you could probably save time and go to the normally-inaccessible Debug Room to get the Debug SMG, which, well...

Oh yeah, that's right. Well, there's some save games on GameFAQs that they could download, I guess. Dunno if there's region compatibility shenanigans or not.

Nah, Debug SMG is too much I think. Gamesharking in a pile of guns and tools, then manually cobbling them together would be more in line with Pat's cheating guidelines, ie, cheat within the game's realm of possibility. Plus it would be fun watching them talk/argue/get hype about what to put on the Frankengun.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
This week can only end on Steel Battalion for the Kinect. Pat only.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This week can only end on Steel Battalion for the Kinect. Pat only.

Woolie said he backed down from the Steel Battalion tournament...but he lied!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Beef Waifu posted:

I feel like one of them should, but it's also loving mega expensive so no real person would own it.

Wasn't it like 200 bucks new, just for the controller and game? Who did they think was gonna fork out for that? That being said it'd be the only game that'd justify a camera facing them while playing for the moment when someone has to lift up the little glass cover and slam their fist down on the eject button.

...gently caress that controller is so cool.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Tae posted:

There's actually a "super robot" action game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9mBS8CQ-S0
Ah, Another Century's Episode. Hell of a series, just sucks the only good ones are on PS2.

I doubt they'd have a copy of any of the games, but boy would I be excited if they did a video for it. It even has a 2 player versus mode, so there'd be a fisticuffs/scrublords game right there in lieu of Virtual On or Extreme Versus.

Man, I've not been excited about a themed week on the channel in quite some time, this is gonna be so drat good.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah, I guess, I was just thinking of different mech games, and when I think of Japanese mech games, I think Armored Core(and other From games), Steel Battalion, and Super Robot Wars.

I think they played RAD during Kaiju week

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I have good news for you

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Commissar Ken posted:

Oh poo poo, do any of the best friends own that expensive rear end original Steel Battalion controller?

I was going to send them my one, but they shut the mailbag down before I could.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I watched that but completely forgot they played a smattering of RAD in it. drat, they might've spent a little bit more time on it otherwise if it had its own episode on something. Looking forward to what robot series they play though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
woolie "bone machine" madden

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

woolie "bone machine" madden

What is that about bone machines? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3r-xMt9JmM

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I hope one of them is Gundam Breaker, because I wanna see Mecha-Rage or Mecha-Zubaz.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
oh god push xenogears for mech week Mr mcmahon mcmuscles

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress yes Mechwarrior 2. The best and truest of mech games.

But goddammit I wish Woolie had know about the override shutdown key. If you're going to go all in, you might as well melt yourself down doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think it's a safe bet that we're getting Zone of the Enders at some point as a aside.