Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

JustJeff88 posted:

I have 7 characters in the upper 80s that are still in the dead-as-dodo Goon guild, but my main, a 100 enchanter, is in Infinty of Light - that is not a typo. It is just frustrating as heck trying to do even NToV. I played an enchanter because they are a lot of fun, versatile, little played and add excellent caster ADPS to magicians and wizards and such, but they are not much in demand anymore. I am basically the enchanter class leader based on the fact that I am just about the only one who plays regularly. I wish that I had been a cleric, because they are a lot more fun than they used to be and very much needed, but I am not one of those people that knows how and where to level a character from 1-100 in a week. We have a similar shortage of warriors despite enough SKs to start our own dread army. You have to love a game that makes people not want to play warriors and clerics while making them vital for late-game raiding.

Also, when did it become obligatory that everyone play a mage? Seriously, it is ridiculous the number of mages in this game now. I think that it's an editorial on low-effort classes that solo well.

What nights do y'all raid? If you know how to get me from 1-100 in a week I"ll tank some raids for you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

With healers, knights can tank ntov no problem. I'd imagine at 105 knights can tank most of RoF and cotf.

With low numbers you can do: ntov, velishan, plane of shadows, dead hills 1 and 2.

I don't think knights can tank Captain Kanteer and Commander Galenth, even at 105 in Arx gear. Our discs don't last long enough and they could still round us. Especially Galenth.

I guess if we had a full raid (we could never get 54 people to waste their time with cotf these days) maybe we'd be able to burn through Kanteer so fast that I could live, but Galenth could one round me no matter what.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Node posted:

I don't think knights can tank Captain Kanteer and Commander Galenth, even at 105 in Arx gear. Our discs don't last long enough and they could still round us. Especially Galenth.

I guess if we had a full raid (we could never get 54 people to waste their time with cotf these days) maybe we'd be able to burn through Kanteer so fast that I could live, but Galenth could one round me no matter what.

We tried him 3 times and failed badly. Here is the funny part, though... the three undercaptains are level 100 (white con to me), and are flagged as unmezable. The big guy, though, who was red to me at 100, I could not mez. He is not mez-immune, he was just too high for the spells I use, which cap at 103. I do not know his exact level, which must be at least 104, but a 101+ enchanter with a higher mez cap should be able to lock him down. If the game tells you that a "target cannot be mez'd", then he is immune to any and all Enthrall spells. If it says "Target cannot be mez'd (with this spell)", it means that the enchanter is just not high enough to stun the bastard.

The thing about Test is that, since anyone can /testcopy for free, other people could come from other servers to raid, or even better to stick around. I personally would welcome more actual people to play with and not other incarnations of the same people. The problem is just getting enough people. They broke with tradition and TDS is not free on Test, which pissed off a lot of max-level people and made them leave. I know that people are going to say "stop whining it's free on Test", but the point of Test is this: you get Gold status and expansions for free, but you have a hosed-up economy where it is hard to buy anything, the server pop is low and you cannot transfer off of Test, period. I can't justify paying $40 per account for another cookie-cutter expansion, and a lot of people feel the same way. My guild has hundreds of toons, many of which are boxes of course. We have relatively few 105s, but hundreds of 100s.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Node posted:

Yeah Kanteer and Gallenth would be pretty scary with a knight, but they would only need 1 warrior if you can knight tank everything else. I really doubt anyone on Test is going to be doing WK2 again anytime soon tbh, you need too many people who know what they are doing. That goes for most of CoTF really, not that it's hard, but you still need a baseline of competent people.

Another simple raid to do with moderate numbers is Neriak1, get 2 or 3 super tanks and unload your DPS on the bosses. WK1 can be done with 1-2 super tanks, hell we did it with an enchanter tanking. Each wave can be killed by 1 burning AOE DPS class (Berserker, wizard, mage, rogues to an extent)

For test raiding, I wouldn't recommend trying to tank all the stuff in DH2. Kite everything and pull in the rooting boss and kill him first. Any of the IoL dudes from LoB should remember how we did those raids, but anyone trying to raid on test without like Narknon, Xicararn, Retrojuggalo or Sunmistress is gonna be hurting.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 16, 2015

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I'm slowly creeping towards 80 and I've read that level 80 is one of the best jumps in gear in the game. However, I think its talking about the abstruse stuff? I've been searching the bazaar (AB) for a week and not one piece of necro armour has been up for sale. Do I just have to hope that people list it or can I do something towards getting it myself at level 80?

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
I have a level 61ish rogue with 25ish AAs. Haven't played in a looooong time. What does the road look like to me playing some of the newer/more populated content (doesn't have to be the bleeding edge stuff but I'm sick of hanging out in ghost towns) and being more "competitive"?

Also did they ever get around to adding any equivalent to a battleground in EQ? Thanks.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

JustJeff88 posted:

We tried him 3 times and failed badly. Here is the funny part, though... the three undercaptains are level 100 (white con to me), and are flagged as unmezable. The big guy, though, who was red to me at 100, I could not mez. He is not mez-immune, he was just too high for the spells I use, which cap at 103. I do not know his exact level, which must be at least 104, but a 101+ enchanter with a higher mez cap should be able to lock him down. If the game tells you that a "target cannot be mez'd", then he is immune to any and all Enthrall spells. If it says "Target cannot be mez'd (with this spell)", it means that the enchanter is just not high enough to stun the bastard.

An easy way to deal with Galenth if you need a break is to root him. He doesn't summon at 100%.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Node posted:

An easy way to deal with Galenth if you need a break is to root him. He doesn't summon at 100%.

Duly noted. Tash would help with that, and it is unresistable. I would rather just be high enough to mez him, but I don't have $40 for TDS and I really don't want to spend it either. I am kind of tired of raids where the one thing an enchanter does well is neutered because every mob is marked mez immune. Not really necessary, but NToV is horrid for that. One just likes to feel useful, after all.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Rapacity posted:

I'm slowly creeping towards 80 and I've read that level 80 is one of the best jumps in gear in the game. However, I think its talking about the abstruse stuff? I've been searching the bazaar (AB) for a week and not one piece of necro armour has been up for sale. Do I just have to hope that people list it or can I do something towards getting it myself at level 80?

I don't know about the Bazaar on AB but you may have better luck doing this, you're looking for the Glowing pieces that you just hand to a guy in PoK and get armor with stats pretty close to Abstruse.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Rapacity posted:

Abstruse is the tier 1 House of Thule (HoT) gear, but only the visible pieces (chest, legs, etc. that show on your character). It's quite rare on the bazaar, since most people craft it as required, then stick it right on their character. The key ingredient is no drop items dropped by named in HoT tier 1 zones, which you combine with a simple crafted item and some vendor-bought items to create the Abstruse piece. You can try shouting in general or such that you WTB Abstruse crafted gear, and perhaps someone will craft you a set. I would pay no more than 5-7k per piece.

The rest of the level 80 gear has random names - just search the bazaar for necro usable gear with a minimum level of 80 and maximum of 80, and it should show it. Select "Hitpoints" as the stat, and it will give you a column showing the amount of Hitpoints on the armor - sort by that column, and look for items that have roughly 850-1000 HP - that's HoT T1 gear. Some of it can be bought for pennies. There are also similar weapons.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
Thanks for the gear replies. I just did an extensive search for all my slots and made quite a few upgrades that nearly doubled my hp/mana plus a bunch of clicky and focus effects so I'm really enjoying myself now.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Pilsner posted:

Abstruse is the tier 1 House of Thule (HoT) gear, but only the visible pieces (chest, legs, etc. that show on your character). It's quite rare on the bazaar, since most people craft it as required, then stick it right on their character. The key ingredient is no drop items dropped by named in HoT tier 1 zones, which you combine with a simple crafted item and some vendor-bought items to create the Abstruse piece. You can try shouting in general or such that you WTB Abstruse crafted gear, and perhaps someone will craft you a set. I would pay no more than 5-7k per piece.

The rest of the level 80 gear has random names - just search the bazaar for necro usable gear with a minimum level of 80 and maximum of 80, and it should show it. Select "Hitpoints" as the stat, and it will give you a column showing the amount of Hitpoints on the armor - sort by that column, and look for items that have roughly 850-1000 HP - that's HoT T1 gear. Some of it can be bought for pennies. There are also similar weapons.

Don't forget Dream Motes that can be exchanged for non-visible gear at 80. They may be hard to come by because people don't do HoT progression like they did a few years ago, but that is one alternative and that was how I kitted out my first level 80.

Rapacity posted:

Thanks for the gear replies. I just did an extensive search for all my slots and made quite a few upgrades that nearly doubled my hp/mana plus a bunch of clicky and focus effects so I'm really enjoying myself now.

The gear curve at 80 is sharper than anywhere in the game, I would bet, but the monster curve also climbs up a wall at 80 as well. It is the first time in the game where one goes from having to carefully ration mana to being able to cast almost constantly for healthy stretches of time. My 100 enchanter, who has no raid gear, has 88.5k mana with his self-buff and one click-item - fairly respectable for that level for someone who is not in a major raiding situation. It can be really fun to nuke and CC for 15 minutes straight, then meditate for 3 minutes in rest mode and do it all again when it used to take 2 minutes to med up from casting one bloody spell. Even I sometimes miss things from original EQ, but taking 20 minutes to meditate to full under totally peaceful conditions is not one of those things.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Ah right, Dream Motes. They are typically scarce and expensive on the bazaar, but I guarantee you that any high level probably has thousands of them stashed in their alterate currency store. I would try asking general chat to buy them. Still though, I would preferably look for some of those dirt cheap (som down to 100p) non-visible pieces first.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Pilsner posted:

Ah right, Dream Motes. They are typically scarce and expensive on the bazaar, but I guarantee you that any high level probably has thousands of them stashed in their alterate currency store. I would try asking general chat to buy them. Still though, I would preferably look for some of those dirt cheap (som down to 100p) non-visible pieces first.

I can imagine that they are pricey and rare now with HoT being less frequented, and you are probably right. I have gotten used to Test where if you ask "Does anybody have any Dream Motes?", someone you do not know will throw 1,000 of the buggers at your face.

Test is... odd. Money is easy to come by, but oftentimes there is nothing to buy and there are a lot of shitheads who mark up their goods to a ridiculous level. On the other hand, my 100 enchanter has a 2-handed staff with over 7.2k mana on it. Not a chance in hell I would have an item that nice were I playing on Live.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So has the new ownership from "Daybreak" done anything interesting yet?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Well they fired everyone.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Well they fired everyone.

Nah, they left the few people who most needed to be fired :v:

Most likely, nothing major will come of Daybreak except the accelerated reduction of money and development time allocated to EQ1, which you can see is already happening. Eventually, the skeleton crew of devs will hit the point where they no longer have the development staff required to produce new content at a high enough quality to profit from overall, then EQ will end up in the MMO life support bucket and be forgotten by Daybreak aside from keeping the lights on for a few years.

@whoever was talking about Test raiding in Infinty of Light, that guild is quite literally a collection of the shitlords so shitlordy and/or obnoxious that LoB either removed them or wouldn't let them join in the first place. Unless Xicararn is still tooling around on Test and comes to IoL raids for fun, there are zero capable raid tanks or leaders left on the server. Every single other warrior, knight, and raid leader/strategist has either quit outright or moved to Live servers. If you really don't have a single warrior, that alone is going to make a bunch of poo poo ABSURDLY loving harder or just straight impossible.

Yall are gonna want to take darkhand's advice and just aim for the easy poo poo for a while until you get some experience and have some tanks and healers who can carry the other 90% of the raid that's too busy eating paste and cramming peanuts up their nasal cavaties to remember to turn on auto attack. Go hit Shards Landing, that's a fuckin awesome raid as far as practice...forgiving enough it can be tanked entirely by level 100 knights, has blatantly obvious environmental poo poo for people to get used to running from, lots of adds that have to be picked up and managed by offtanks over and over, plus it's one of only 2 or 3 total RoF+ raids that have stuff that can be mezzed so good practice on not waking poo poo up. It's kinda lame since a single bard box is more than enough to handle all of the mezzing alone, but I can't remember any other raids beyond Shards except for Chelsith where you can ever mez anything at all, so you gotta enjoy it where you can :shobon:

CC is VERY doable even with zero warriors. If you can kill a single dragon in NToV you can win CC. We got our first CC win before we'd killed more than 2 or 3 NToV dragons max and did it with no warriors. Kael's also very doable now, just put a 105 knight on Tormax EZ. Evantil also plenty doable but has a 20-30 minute miserably boring slog intro phase that you have to repeat fully if you wipe during the 5 minutes at the end when poo poo actually happens. Grell you might be able to manage with 105 knights without too much trouble I think? Aside from these and those few specific CotF raids darkhand talked about already, pretty much everything else is gonna suck a bucket of dicks, with a lot of them being straight up impossible to win without warriors period.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

The Rage posted:

So has the new ownership from "Daybreak" done anything interesting yet?

It's the same studio and (half) the same people as SOE, but instead of Sony owning them it's some Russian investment firm.

MrTheDevious posted:

Nah, they left the few people who most needed to be fired :v:

Most likely, nothing major will come of Daybreak except the accelerated reduction of money and development time allocated to EQ1, which you can see is already happening. Eventually, the skeleton crew of devs will hit the point where they no longer have the development staff required to produce new content at a high enough quality to profit from overall, then EQ will end up in the MMO life support bucket and be forgotten by Daybreak aside from keeping the lights on for a few years.

The #1 spot on my to-fire list is still there, and they somehow fired the one guy I'd love to see in charge of EQ. Then rehired him.

I really feel like EQ has been suffering not because of the amount of dev hours being spent on it, but instead what those hours are being spent on. Months of time were spent on loving stupid poo poo like nerfing necro epic, spell focus tonics, exp, spell focus AAs, HA nerfing, and shuffling the inventory of all the vendors in PoK. If that time had been spent on things to make the game more fun and/or changing spells, items and AAs based on feedback, we'd be in a better spot.

High quality, lol

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Thank God For Elidroth

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I am well aware that on Test in general one is not going to have a serious end-game raiding presence. People don't take Test seriously as a server, which I don't entirely understand, so it is not going to attract "serious" players. I try to content myself with being in a guild that is generous, which is admittedly easy on Test, that gives me people to do things with and advance as I don't really enjoy boxing due mostly to the awkwardness of it. I am on Test because the exp is much better, which reduces the obnoxious grinding, and it is free as I have 8 level 87+ characters on separate accounts and I am not paying for all of those. It is hard for me because I want to see all of the content and I never will, but I enjoy it more than trying to inexpertly control three characters in a game never designed for it. One thing I do enjoy is being strong enough now to see places I was never tough enough for years ago, like Veeshan's Peak and Plane of Time and so on.

I frequently wish that EQ was a truly single-player experience. There are so many things I never saw and will never get to see due to the cooperative nature of the game and its very, very long lifespan, and that always makes me a bit sad. I am not denegrating the social aspects, I just find it depressing that certain things are either beyond me because I am not in an elite

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Yeah eq is weird because you have 16 years of status quo.
Hybrids have a lot of stuff and get more and more. Hybrid soloable far outweighs anything a pure class can do, which is the majority of most people time spent playing. Camping augs, epics and stuff.

Pure classes have gained just their specialization pretty much and since the game is balanced on those classes you really never feel powerful solowise; you literally can't solo at all.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 18, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I quit playing around Planes of Power, and never did any endgame stuff other than basic Luclin runs. Last year I took advantage of the free Heroic character on 6 accounts, so I have a Bard, wizard, necro, Mage, SK and Shaman at 85 with the heroic gear. What content could I solo with one of those characters, just to see it, since I have no desire to do any actual raiding or endgame stuff? I set up isboxer last year but not jumping to pay for that again.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
They added a new mob in Plane of Fear now to help out people who were epic-blocked by Golem farmers. I think that this SK and I were the first people on Test to see him. There is a new skeleton in Plane of Fear called "harbinger of Fear". He sees invis but is not aggressive. He says something about "I think that you are here for a reason" and, when the SK responded to that, he despawned and then Terror instantly appeared and attacked. The SK killed him in about 1 second, literally, and he dropped a Soul Leech. I am assuming that this means he will drop the epic bit for whatever class activates him, but only time and experimentation will tell. According to Patch Notes, these epic drops cannot be MQd or traded. I can corroborate this because I tried to loot the Soul Leech myself for an MQ, but it said that it was Lore and I had one even though I was quite sure that I did not. A bit later, though, I was able to loot a Soul Leech from an actual dead golem without a problem. I also grabbed a Golem Ball for the warrior 1.0.

I am glad that they did this and I hope that they find other ways to make 1.0 quests, which are now just for lore and flavour, less ridiculous.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Medullah posted:

I quit playing around Planes of Power, and never did any endgame stuff other than basic Luclin runs. Last year I took advantage of the free Heroic character on 6 accounts, so I have a Bard, wizard, necro, Mage, SK and Shaman at 85 with the heroic gear. What content could I solo with one of those characters, just to see it, since I have no desire to do any actual raiding or endgame stuff? I set up isboxer last year but not jumping to pay for that again.
All of Velious, probably all of Luclin, and a good chunk of PoP. The final slew of PoP raid bosses still dish out a surprising amount of damage against a solo character. I remember doing all bosses in Plane of Time with my quadbox of monk, shaman, ranger and wiz, and I believe my chars were between high 80's and 95 (95 monk tanking, 94 shaman healing) at the time. Most was fairly easy, but I did have a few deaths and close calls, particularly on the last few bosses - lots of healing needed. Give it a go for sure.

As you get closer to 90 and geared you can also dabble in medium-tough OoW and GoD era bosses, and Epic 2.0 bosses.

I would not 6-box all at once. Out of the classes you mentioned I suggest maining the SK (it's nice to main a melee for tanking and pulling, SKs are great), shaman for support, and... the final class is up in the air really:

Wizard: Great damage, very easy to box, kickass teleports. My recommendation.
Bard: Great utility, tracking, run speed.
Necro: Not very suitable for boxing at all.
Mage: Decent, but much more work to box than a wizard, and no teleports. Personally I loathe juggling pets with their positioning, wonky pathing and the way mobs can "stick" to a pet when you really want it to chase your player character instead. I read a year or two ago that mage pets are comically overpowered tanks (when the mage is fully geared and AA'd), but I do believe I read it got a bit nerfed recently. Again, I am personally not a fan of positioning and commanding pets.

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Mar 19, 2015

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Hey goon sir who was giving away redguides, if you're still around and offering I signed up with same name there (VagAssaultWeapon), if it works for test I'd like to be in on it por favor

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 20, 2015

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pilsner posted:

As you get closer to 90 and geared you can also dabble in medium-tough OoW and GoD era bosses, and Epic 2.0 bosses

Before I quit live I was able to 3 box Anguish up to and including Warden Hanvar. This was at level 90 with an SK tanking + Sham and Bard. Killed the first few bosses in Tacvi up to the rapier of somber notes guy for my bard no problem and 2.0 fights were a breeze with mercs.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Wooo 160% experience started the other day and no one posted it! Think I may pop back for that to carry on AA farming.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
Bleh, I just dipped my toes into boxing and it's loving addictive so I DL'd WinEQ2 to check it out and I didn't know what the gently caress so I uninstalled it but now every time I run the game from the launcher as usual it crashes. Currently letting Steam verify the file integrity and DL some again so I hope it fixes it. I'll stick to alt-tabbing as I'm only boxing 2 characters.

E: fixed it by deleting eqclient.ini but lost my keybinds. I'll stick to vanilla.

Rapacity fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 20, 2015

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I want to trade 5 krono for a TDS key. You can buy TDS gift keys through the DBG store to make it a pretty easy transfer.

I also have 20 or 30 extra krono for sale/trade if anyone is interested, gmail and steamid are both my username.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Some pretty nice patch changes today, for example:

- Advanced Loot System
- Disabled the force pop-up of the expansion at the login screen when you don't have the expansion.
- Removed the force pop-up of the Welcome Screen when logging in.
- /hidecorpse options: always, looted, listed and listedunlocked will now persist when zoning and logging off.
- Added the new /autobank command. This will attempt to place any item on your cursor in your bank.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

The best feature of this patch is all of the people complaining about the new loot system.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

blatman posted:

The best feature of this patch is all of the people complaining about the new loot system.
It's great.

quote:

I WANT to disable all the new system.

I am playing 20 years with the "old" system dont want to ....do other things.

The new system is rare, not easy to understand.

Classis system works perfectly.

Also i want to disable ANY confirmation for do group.

Thank you.

quote:

1. I'll be needing to figure out or be provided with configuration files for:
a. Soloing - loot everything
b. Grouping - master looter/Loot everything other than no drops, list no drops in /gsay, possibly loot a no drop item leaving other items.
c. Grouping - not master looter. Possibly loot a no drop item leaving other items.
d. Raiding - not master looter. Possibly loot a no drop item leaving other items. Possibly some time later loot another no drop item leaving other items.

Where might I find the necessary configuration files or an explanation of how to create precisely what I need?

quote:

I have to say, this is the MOST ASININE thing they have done to the game.

quote:

For a generation too lazy and entitled to right click.

quote:

..... Huge fail system .... not at all like was described at SoE Live. why do they have to screw with it so much. simple is fine you know? and the fact we have to rebuild the list every time we regroup or relog. at SoE live it was said we would simply left click or right click to to add it to blocked items so we would never see it. thats all we needed... just like blocked spells... really have to wonder if the Dev's building this crap actually play the game more than a few hours a month. the disconnect is huge~!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

It's great.

I just tested out the non moderated forums. Let's see how it goes!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

I just tested out the non moderated forums. Let's see how it goes!

rip

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
We've had it on Test for weeks. Kind of used to it. At first it was bad, but they patched it on Test and it was much better - that is the version that you just got on Live. It is excellent once you get to know it, people are just set in their ways.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Pilsner posted:

Some pretty nice patch changes today, for example:

- Advanced Loot System
- Disabled the force pop-up of the expansion at the login screen when you don't have the expansion.
- Removed the force pop-up of the Welcome Screen when logging in.
- /hidecorpse options: always, looted, listed and listedunlocked will now persist when zoning and logging off.
- Added the new /autobank command. This will attempt to place any item on your cursor in your bank.

- Savagely killing custom UIs.

Edit: I got my zilzui+other-things mess working by copying over window xml files to a new directory in chunks and loading that as my UI. I got everything important moved over without needing an animations or template file.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 26, 2015

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

jetz0r posted:

- Savagely killing custom UIs.

Edit: I got my zilzui+other-things mess working by copying over window xml files to a new directory in chunks and loading that as my UI. I got everything important moved over without needing an animations or template file.

Fear not, I just updated ZlizUI for the latest patch. :)

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6417

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Pilsner posted:

I may try that one myself. It's dark and subtle, not excessively complicated, and compact. Thanks for updating so quickly.

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

Pilsner posted:

Every time I load your UI, the windows are jumbled all over the place. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

unoplank posted:

Every time I load your UI, the windows are jumbled all over the place. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
Hmm, can you post a screenshot? Also, do you have the "Keep my layout" checkbox checked?

There's nothing special about the UI, it's like any other, technically speaking.

A little semi-related bonus tip: Window positions and sizes are stored separately in windowed mode and in full screen. Make sure you're not accidentially juggling between the two modes by a hotkey or such.