Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

StrifeHira posted:

Gave us Arale in Dragon Ball, that is. Dr. Slump is still its own thing. :v:

The rule with Dragon Ball and Z will always be that it's best not to look at things too closely and just roll with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Covok posted:

General Blue was, IIRC, Dragonball going "did you realize the Red Ribbon Army were Nazis yet? No? Well, you will now!" Seriously, blonde hair, blue eyes, white, tall, and in a nazi uniform.

So where does Cell fit into this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

mycot posted:

So where does Cell fit into this.

If you are 100% factually perfect, you're quite literally the master race.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Has Episode of Bardock been dubbed in English? I'm very curious about the voices for the little Saiyans and Chilled. They can't possibly be better than what the abridged series served up.

Also my guess is that there's a rights issue with Yo! Son Goku and his friends return, wasn't that a Jump thing? Might belong to sueisha instead of Toei or something.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Xibanya posted:

Has Episode of Bardock been dubbed in English? I'm very curious about the voices for the little Saiyans and Chilled. They can't possibly be better than what the abridged series served up.

Also my guess is that there's a rights issue with Yo! Son Goku and his friends return, wasn't that a Jump thing? Might belong to sueisha instead of Toei or something.

Episode of Bardock was apparently a pack in with all copies of Dragon Ball Z for Kinect...which explains why nobody has it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I want a What if in Xenoverse 2 where Arale wrecks everything.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ImpAtom posted:

I want a What if in Xenoverse 2 where Arale wrecks everything.

Taking Arale on Time Patrol quests would be goddamn hilarious. Especially if I can get her to fight Cell and stuff.

Not so Perfect now, are you, punk? :j:

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

jivjov posted:

Episode of Bardock was apparently a pack in with all copies of Dragon Ball Z for Kinect...which explains why nobody has it.

But was it dubbed?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Xibanya posted:

Has Episode of Bardock been dubbed in English?

jivjov posted:

Xibanya posted:

But was it dubbed?

Who cares? Episode of Bardock was terrible.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Some Numbers posted:

Who cares? Episode of Bardock was terrible.

It was translated tho. :haw:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

StrifeHira posted:

Taking Arale on Time Patrol quests would be goddamn hilarious. Especially if I can get her to fight Cell and stuff.

Not so Perfect now, are you, punk? :j:

Too tall. Off Model. 3/10.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I think it aired on Cartoon Network at some point? So yeah I think so.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
There's some clips of the dubbed version floating around Youtube but that's it.

Really, it's poo poo and the abridged version is the only version that should be watched.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
They seem to love doing stuff with Bardock. Now he's the legendary Super Saiyan, he gets an extra plotline featuring him in Xenoverse, and apparently in Heroes/Online he gets a plotline about being mindcontrolled by the Time Breakers?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Bardock will somehow become the first Super Saiyan God through time travel shenanigans.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhonne posted:

Bardock will somehow become the first Super Saiyan God through time travel shenanigans.

Time travel brings him to the heat death of the universe where he becomes the first Super Saiyan God 3, and defeats entropy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bardock is Goku but he's an amoral anti-hero. It's not surprising they love the dude.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I still love how bardock got his poo poo completely wrecked by Didoria of all people, but still, somehow, managed to become a super sayian right after.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Monaghan posted:

I still love how bardock got his poo poo completely wrecked by Dodoria of all people,

That was complete bullshit. I mean he's going to die anyways so why not just let him have a win?

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Monaghan posted:

I still love how bardock got his poo poo completely wrecked by Didoria of all people, but still, somehow, managed to become a super sayian right after.

It's entirely possible Bardock got the biggest zenkai in history when Freeza literally blasted him to the stone age. :v:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Zonekeeper posted:

It's entirely possible Bardock got the biggest zenkai in history when Freeza literally blasted him to the stone age. :v:

Just how near death is it possible to get.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the strongest zenkai possible: having your death retconned

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't like Bardock or Future Trunks, that is my DBZ confession. I also like that Vegeta is gonna kill Freeza in the new movie, there is no confirmation on this. I just know... my dad is Toriyama.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

future trunks is a likable character because he was actually kind of lame. like he showed up, was cool, and then his mom hit on him and he stammered and hand-gestured his way through an explanation that he was from the future and goku had diabeties and all that kind of fell apart.

and bardock was cool when he was just an rear end in a top hat that died in an awesome but ultimately worthless blaze of glory. his story should be a tragedy to build up frieza, not 'and then bardock traveled into the past, and was a nice guy, and beat up frieza's dad, and became a super saiyan BEFORE goku did...'

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beef Waifu posted:

I don't like Bardock or Future Trunks, that is my DBZ confession. I also like that Vegeta is gonna kill Freeza in the new movie, there is no confirmation on this. I just know... my dad is Toriyama.

they are both lovely characters, especially future trunks. in xenoverse I made the true son of Vegeta and Bulma, Jorts. he owned

vegeta needs a chance to be the hero for once, especially since frieza blew up planet vegeta, he really wants a crack at frieza I bet

its time

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Well even toriyama seemed to retcon Bardock until being a pretty nice guy, what with him being nice to his wife and being concerned about goku and all.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Future Trunks owning the poo poo out of Frieza and King Cold is one of my favorite scenes in the entire series as well as his future fight against the androids. He's sort of lame in Xenoverse though.

Bardock's first movie is also really rad and it's a shame they couldn't just let him die in a blaze of glory like a true saiyan.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Monaghan posted:

Well even toriyama seemed to retcon Bardock until being a pretty nice guy, what with him being nice to his wife and being concerned about goku and all.

He is literally introduced slaughtering helpless aliens left and right in Dragon Ball Minus. He may be more sympathetic with him actually caring for his family (even Raditz) and all that but the dude's still a kill-happy space monkey man.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he's slaughtering helpless aliens that we're never introduced and have no reason to care about

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Just like in the original special.

Except less "I CAN SEE THE FUTURE. :downs:"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Future Trunks is one of the best DBZ characters and disliking him is heresy.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Beef Waifu posted:

Future Trunks biggest highlight is beating up Freeza and King Cold. As superkameguru says, it's all the way downhill from here. Cuz what happens after that? He gets beaten easily by the Androids, his buffed up form that he hid away from Vegeta ( I can't wait til DBZA Vegeta gives him so much poo poo for it) ends up being useless against Cell since he can't hit him and then he is the first one to get one shot'd by Cell after he returns from his self destruction.

Only saving grace is when he comes back to his time he wipes the floor with the Androids and Cell, but that was basically one sided. :v:

So in short, yeah he is pretty much a disappointment.

I don't dislike him per say, he feels more like the punching bag, and the fact Xenoverse plot is basically revolved around him loving things up in the past is just icing on the cake.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Future Trunks is funny, because despite being raised by a hardened and toughened Gohan in the future, he ends up acting more like the gentle Gohan of the present.:allears:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Shindragon posted:

Future Trunks biggest highlight is beating up Freeza and King Cold. As superkameguru says, it's all the way downhill from here. Cuz what happens after that? He gets beaten easily by the Androids, his buffed up form that he hid away from Vegeta ( I can't wait til DBZA Vegeta gives him so much poo poo for it) ends up being useless against Cell since he can't hit him and then he is the first one to get one shot'd by Cell after he returns from his self destruction.

Only saving grace is when he comes back to his time he wipes the floor with the Androids and Cell, but that was basically one sided. :v:

So in short, yeah he is pretty much a disappointment.

I don't dislike him per say, he feels more like the punching bag, and the fact Xenoverse plot is basically revolved around him loving things up in the past is just icing on the cake.

The episode where he goes back into the future and exacts sweet revenge on the Androids and Cell was way badass though.

I loved Future Trunks as a kid, him and Android 17 were my favorites for a long time.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Future Trunks is one of the best DBZ characters and disliking him is heresy.

It's hard to dislike the only guy who's yelling "holy poo poo guys DON'T let the bad guy power up, what the gently caress are you doing"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Future Trunks is a huge doof in Xenoverse but he remains one of my favorite characters.

Kid Trunks is such a disappointment.

Monaghan posted:

It's hard to dislike the only guy who's yelling "holy poo poo guys DON'T let the bad guy power up, what the gently caress are you doing"

Yeah pretty much this. Future Trunks is fairly practical and I like that about him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Trunks is not practical at all. This is the same character who pumped himself full of muscle thinking that was going to help him beat Cell when it worked against him if anything and bringing a weapon like a sword into a fight with robo-people that have enough power to kill an entire planet let alone handle a lovely sword. It probably doesn't help that I don't like Cell Saga in general because a lot of it is the main villain getting away with murder because the cast is insanely stupid and Cell himself is a bullshit character in terms of how his powers work. I also didn't care much for the climax because by that point the 17 and 18 were sort of whatever characters and it really felt like Trunks was just killing two nothing characters. The Cell kill was pretty great though, I'll say that.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kid Trunks was pretty funny in BotG, I can't remember what he did outside of Gotenks shenanigans in Z but I'm giving him a pass.

Assuming Vegeta does step up and beat Frieza in the new movie I hope they actually spend a little time on character development for this one. His defining character trait pretty much since the Frieza saga has been that he's an arrogant tryhard who wants to win too badly to ever win, if he's going to succeed where Goku failed I hope there's more to it than just him just wanting it more.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hey the sword worked until it didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually like Kid Trunks, yeah. I think this well end up being a pretty Vegeta centered movie, even though BotG kinda already was one? I mean you've got Freeza asking Vegeta to lead his army now, Goku getting his poo poo kicked in the trailers like Vegeta did in the actual series, and he's also training under Whis too. It'd be pretty cool if he got to do a cool thing for more than five minutes.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hey the sword worked until it didn't.

Fair enough.

• Locked thread