Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Pinterest Mom posted:

Salon is here to burst the Gore 2016 bubble before its momentum overwhelms the race.

The case against Al Gore in 2016.

What about as VP (again)?

Clinton/Gore '16 :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
That would be...something, alright. What's funny is that it's actually not a bad choice.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm not so sure you can apply that label to a man who was offered a chance to laugh off an old article he wrote about dancing being unchristian-like and instead more-or-less said "Well I wasn't wrong".

I was referring to his appearance on the Daily Show back in 2008. He was literally the only Republican candidate that would even touch it, and he was actually really funny.

He seems to have gotten even more stodgy since.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Probably true I just like bringing that exchange up as much as I can. A GOP presidential candidate of varying legitimacy takes his ques from the bad guys in Footloose. This is my real life.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Christie/Huckster "a couple of mean fatasses" ticket.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Bush/Cheney 2016

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I always considered the GOP a bunch of snake-oil salesmen but I'm not sure how to take it when one of them is literally doing it. How will his supporters reconcile that, I wonder? Does this mean we'll never get to ironically use the term 'Huckmentum' for when he jumps ahead in a state primary for a week in early 2017 :ohdear:

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

What about as VP (again)?

Clinton/Gore '16 :getin:

gently caress that. Double VP ticket.

Biden/Gore (or vice versa)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Gee, I don't know. Hillary's base is looking pretty shaky in the latest CNN/ORC poll....

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Who are these 17% of Republicans who like her, anyway?

Full Battle Rattle posted:

That would be...something, alright. What's funny is that it's actually not a bad choice.

Total nonstarter, you need someone substantially younger than her.

agent_wildflower
Sep 7, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

They probably consider themselves accelerationists.

e: v America would elect a President Camacho.

agent_wildflower fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 16, 2015

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

WELL LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT GOD BROTHER, THE BIG DUDE'S GOT A PLAN TO BEAT CANCER DUDE

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Fulchrum posted:

Non-crazy Republican women would be my guess.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Probably a lot of them are women who have leftover sympathy for her from the 90s.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Also in '08 and to a diminished degree in 2012 Republicans would praise Clinton to disparage Obama fairly often. I hope the oppo research teams dig plenty of those tapes up for the general.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
That reminds me of how sometimes Republicans will criticize Obama by recalling Bill Clinton's administration as a bipartisan golden age.

I can't wait for future Republicans to ask President Hillary why she can't be reasonable like Obama.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Fulchrum posted:

California Republicans, IL Republicans, Moderate republicans who might like her hawk-ish stance without being insane.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

What's really, truly beautiful about that is that the latest FOX poll has this:

That's right, folks! The Congressional approval rating among the Republican party is currently polling even with their opinion of Hillary Clinton.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Tobermory posted:

What's really, truly beautiful about that is that the latest FOX poll has this:

That's right, folks! The Congressional approval rating among the Republican party is currently polling even with their opinion of Hillary Clinton.

More Democrats than Republicans approve of the job the Republican-controlled Congress is doing....

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Jackson Taus posted:

More Democrats than Republicans approve of the job the Republican-controlled Congress is doing....

not surprising, considering the job Republican-controlled congress is doing consists of "failing to prevent POTUS from enacting his agenda via executive fiat"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jackson Taus posted:

I mean obviously because congress is just a hotbed of Washington insiders

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

PupsOfWar posted:

don't underestimate the Huckster

He's the most genuinely personable candidate they've got, and has hefty appeal in a massive and crucial part of the Republican base. He could do some damage in this primary.

Oh come on, I can't be the first to weigh in on these quality fat jokes! I liked them, at least...

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

"Huck is a fatass" just doesn't occur as easily in an election where Chris Cristie is a candidate

Huckabee is just normal southron dad fat. Cristie's the kind of fat where if he falls down he might get smothered by his own chins.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
For more on the Huckster, check out BuzzFeed Andy's latest, which goes down the rabbit hole of a "free" morality DVD about driving for young children.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

There's a very popular video of a 14 year old reversing in the middle of a free-way outside Moscow and his hapless victims were a Mother and child who burned alive after hitting him from behind.

I'm proud Huck shills for manslaughter en masse.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Alter Ego posted:

let a guy out of prison whose first act was to murder another person....

It's far worse than that. He pardoned a rapist who went on to rape and murder (at least) one woman, then he pardoned Maurice Clemmons who, after he got out, murdered four police officers. Huckabee will never, ever, ever get the nom for president or VP and he knows it.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Joementum posted:

Here's the case against [Democrat not named Hillary] in one chart:

Martin O'Malley must be pissed. He's actually running and doesn't even make the graph.

Also, Martin O'Malley looks like a legit good candidate with solid liberal bona fides. Maybe in 2024

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Rygar201 posted:

Martin O'Malley must be pissed. He's actually running and doesn't even make the graph.

Also, Martin O'Malley looks like a legit good candidate with solid liberal bona fides. Maybe in 2024

You're right, liberals are huge fans of The Wire.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

I always considered the GOP a bunch of snake-oil salesmen but I'm not sure how to take it when one of them is literally doing it. How will his supporters reconcile that, I wonder? Does this mean we'll never get to ironically use the term 'Huckmentum' for when he jumps ahead in a state primary for a week in early 2017 :ohdear:

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Rygar201 posted:

Despite how many times Drudge posts a picture of him in cutoffs holding a guitar, O'Malley has the charisma of a filing cabinet. I really can't see him ever being President. He'd be a good VP in 2024 for nominee Julian Castro.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Proposition Joe posted:

You're right, liberals are huge fans of The Wire.

I want to see him run just to see David Simon just scream why don't they listen. Quick somebody find that pick of O' Malley on horseback it's super cheesy.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

SirKibbles posted:

I want to see him run just to see David Simon just scream why don't they listen.

http://davidsimon.com/within-the-acela-cocoon/

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Is this where we talk about Tom Cotton?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

echronorian posted:

Is this where we talk about Tom Cotton?

You're looking for the 2020 Presidential Primary thread

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

PupsOfWar posted:

You're looking for the 2020 Presidential Primary thread

Unlikely, why would a Republican run off against a Republican President?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

echronorian posted:

Because eventually the Cult of Reagan will go so far as staging real-world reenactments of Reagan's career.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

PupsOfWar posted:

Because eventually the Cult of Reagan will go so far as staging real-world reenactments of Reagan's career.

As long as they include the bit with Hinckley.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Bush/Cheney 2016

J.E.B. for Shadow President!

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

echronorian posted:

Because by 2020 Ted Cruz will have gone Independent and will govern by vetoing everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Joementum posted:

For more on the Huckster, check out BuzzFeed Andy's latest, which goes down the rabbit hole of a "free" morality DVD about driving for young children.

Holy hell, everyone watch the video in this article. They spend 2 minutes talking about how important the educational history DVD series is, and how they got great animators and historians to make it for them. Then they play a clip, and it's horrible. Not that you'd expect anything different, of course, but it's astonishingly bad.

edit: I also really want to know what's going on behind the camera at 4:15 when the guy suddenly looks very afraid when looking toward the producers.

Cognac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 17, 2015

• Locked thread