Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRBoTcHOzOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skeezy posted:

Wrestling Isn't Wrestling is out finally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvMOf3hsGA

I liked it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Skeezy posted:

this is a really pro click that helped me understand a lot of the wrestling i didn't see as a youth thx

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raw and a cold one...Monday's don't get better than this.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Skeezy posted:

this is good

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Wrestlemania X-Seven really is the best PPV I've ever seen.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
That TLC match with the Hardyz, Dudleyz, and Edge and Christian is unbelievable. WWE really ran that concept into the ground

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I watched the wrestling isn't wrestling thing and it was kind of epic.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I watched the wrestling isn't wrestling thing and it was kind of epic.

i felt embarrassed that they felt they had to use HOT CHICKS to explain everything but otherwise it was very good

all the celebrity cameos were unexpected

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
anyone else think wyatt is gonna beat undertaker and undertake a pagan ritual to gain his powers cause it seems like that's being heavily foreshadowed

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

hubris.height posted:

anyone else think wyatt is gonna beat undertaker and undertake a pagan ritual to gain his powers cause it seems like that's being heavily foreshadowed

i think hes gonna lose and no one will care

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
oh good phew

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's going to eat the undertaker's soul.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think it would be epic if Bray Wyatt retired the Undertaker and the Undertaker became the manager of Roman Reigns when he is murdered by Brock Lesnar and sent to hell.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t9ZVnkAbas

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Lmfao.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's a good shot in this movie of him doing his slow crazy heel walk, while wearing Crocs. lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

As much as it's fun to see him being this guy though the last 30 minutes of the movie where these two dorky brothers or whatever patting themselves on the back for helping him be a social media hero is weird and kinda lame though.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I wake up I want to do 2 thing. Eat shish kebob and beat the gently caress out of hulk hogan.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Rock gives full credit to The Iron Sheik for the word "jabroni".

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Okay I read this whole thread and bought WWE network and me and the missus are working our way through wrestling in random order. Wrestlemania 3 Hulk vs Andre was incredible due to the adorable and dramatic backstory and the tag team with Sheik and the CCCP wrestler where the soviets won by technicality and "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan turned the whole thing into an allegory about how America can't play by the rules to beat the Russians.

Now we're watching some 90's Summer Slam and I gotta say 90s wrestling is where it's loving at. The stories are loving ludicrous, the first match is Edge beating the gently caress out of Hardy after stealing his wife and calling him a little dick pussy. The second match is now Eddie Guerero vs Ray Mysterio in a match that decides the custody of Ray Mysterio's son!

Also caught up on the 2015 Royal Rumble, modern wrestling seems to be technically better but they've gone back to the whole "do a move then collapse from exhaustion for 70% of the match" fights. Plus there's not NEARLY enough insane backstage drama.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

nopantsjack posted:

Okay I read this whole thread and bought WWE network and me and the missus are working our way through wrestling in random order. Wrestlemania 3 Hulk vs Andre was incredible due to the adorable and dramatic backstory and the tag team with Sheik and the CCCP wrestler where the soviets won by technicality and "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan turned the whole thing into an allegory about how America can't play by the rules to beat the Russians.

Now we're watching some 90's Summer Slam and I gotta say 90s wrestling is where it's loving at. The stories are loving ludicrous, the first match is Edge beating the gently caress out of Hardy after stealing his wife and calling him a little dick pussy. The second match is now Eddie Guerero vs Ray Mysterio in a match that decides the custody of Ray Mysterio's son!

Also caught up on the 2015 Royal Rumble, modern wrestling seems to be technically better but they've gone back to the whole "do a move then collapse from exhaustion for 70% of the match" fights. Plus there's not NEARLY enough insane backstage drama.

the ladder match for dominick's soul is one of the high points of wwe

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
THE UNDERTAKER HIT AUSTIN IN THE HEAD WITH A SHOVEL

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i felt embarrassed that they felt they had to use HOT CHICKS to explain everything but otherwise it was very good

all the celebrity cameos were unexpected

I don't think that was his point. I found it funnier switched around that way.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Aww the Triple H documentary where him and Stephanie get together is adorable.

I guess love can bloom on the battlefield~

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

nopantsjack posted:

That was 2005 and I was there

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
my mom was really into old wrestling and stuff and watched that storyline with me and it ruled. wrestling fans from all eras can agree that story is great.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
i was really excited that rey mysterio jr was back in wrestling, but then the guy he was doing the 619 to died on the rope. i hope he doesnt retire.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Simoom posted:

i was really excited that rey mysterio jr was back in wrestling, but then the guy he was doing the 619 to died on the rope. i hope he doesnt retire.

it sucks because that guy was really good too, he was aaa's top heel

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Simoom posted:

rey won't retire but he will remember.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

Lol.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

:rip:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snoop Dogg is going to be on raw tonight.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Snoop Dogg is going to be on raw tonight.

snoop was awesome. the main event segment was not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
i am completely and totally blacked out, can anyone tell me if raw was good so i'll remember if i liked or hated it tomorrow morning